2018 Expertise Main PVP Stat Is Essential

Icykill_

So I am leveling by pvp, and I went ahead and purchased the " advanced white-purple-blue war heroes crystal" that was recommended to me because of the expertise, however when i join a wz it says its underlvl and i also noticed that my expertise is only about 1826 or so.

I also have an item in every single slot.

Any help here?

You either are not running with a full pvp set or you have a pve lightsaber with a +41 pvp crystal in it.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am leveling by pvp, and I went ahead and purchased the " advanced white-purple-blue war heroes crystal" that was recommended to me because of the expertise, however when i join a wz it says its underlvl and i also noticed that my expertise is only about 1826 or so.

I also have an item in every single slot.

Any help here?

If your weapon/offhand is not a pvp one, then you should not use expertise crystals. It will screw up your bolster and actually make your expertise go DOWN. Makes no sense, I know. If you are not level 65, then you should not use expertise crystals unless you have an exhumed or dark reaver MH/OH (pvp ones from prior to 4.0).

If your weapon/offhand is not a pvp one, then you should not use expertise crystals. It will screw up your bolster and actually make your expertise go DOWN. Makes no sense, I know. If you are not level 65, then you should not use expertise crystals unless you have an exhumed or dark reaver MH/OH (pvp ones from prior to 4.0).

Will the weapons from the " PvP weapons" vendor at the fleet work with my crystal? or is there no point in trying to use the crystal?

Will the weapons from the " PvP weapons" vendor at the fleet work with my crystal? or is there no point in trying to use the crystal?

The crystal will work with any weapon, just make sure that you buy the weapon form the pvp vendor.

As a general rule do not mix pvp/pve mods. It kills your bolster.

To be specific the "vendor" right next to the mission terminal just sells "pve" weapons you can buy with "pvp" comms

The "pvp" vendors are the class specific ones in the area behind the terminal- check them out to see what you are working for when you get to 65- this is the real "pvp" gear

You do not want to fart around with "pvp" expertise crystals until you get the "uncrystaled" level 65 main hand weapon and focus/shield pvp gear

Save all your comms- the only things you want to buy with comms before 65 are wz medpacs and adrenals

Any data on how bolster works 4.0? I've noticed some people 178+ rating items(armorings/enh/mods) and are hitting 1936 expertise. I wonder if 60+ nets your 2018 expertise?

Anyone have data to share?

Yes as of 4.0 the expertise cap for bolster is 1936 the only way to get 2018 is to actually have PvP gear now

Edited by MarcusCasanova

Thank you so much for all of the info. This is exactly what I was looking for. I knew which gear to use before KOTFE but with the bolster terminal being out of order I haven't been able to figure out what I should use nowaday's. Is the bolster terminal still not working?

I'm about to start pvp again and haven't done any pvp since the early vanilla days. Even though I played hundreds of matches I have really nothing to show for it. When they did the legacy system none of my previous matches showed up and I pretty much had to start over which sucks but it's been so long that I don't mind. I really hope the matchmaking system is much better than it used to be back in the old days. I quit playing because there were weeks at a time I'd go without winning a match. I'd sign up and I swear it was as if the system always put the lowest people against the highest gear people at the time or something. After trying to get my weekly pvp quests for three weeks in a row at 20 plus matches a day I gave up. I imagine with the freemium model theres probably more newbies playing now than ever....or at least I hope so. At least it looks like you only have to play matches these days and it doesn't require you to actually win them.....or at least I hope that's the case. Although winning makes It faster. Guess I'll just have to play and find out.

Thanks again for the info. That's really going to help a lot. I wasn't sure which armor to start with. I have some super old lv. 50 pvp armor, pretty much the best you used to be able to get....makes my Sith look like a giant bird so it's a shame that will actually make things worse for me. Anyway, wish me luck. I'd rather just bake Sith cookies and get along but those mean old Jedi always stole my ball and wouldn't let me play so now I'm out for revenge....unless they'd apologize and let me play but that will never happen. Sigh. :csw_destroyer:

I really hope the matchmaking system is much better than it used to be back in the old days.

You poor bastard.

Anyway, gear is super cheap now.

A few matches in 190s and you'll get a set of 204s.

Make sure to get the pvp crystals, BW decided to not include them in the weapons/shields.

Edited by Ruhun

Suddenly confused, are secondary stats bolstered or not/ how much// how?

I'm having a few new 65s and the LAST things I buy from the pvp vendor are weapon & offhand - sticking to purple 186 or violet 192/ blue 188 there. Crit power etc on the other hand are much lower on these weapons than on a 204 or 208.

And given bolster simulator is broken...

Thanks for enlightening me!

Suddenly confused, are secondary stats bolstered or not/ how much// how?

I'm having a few new 65s and the LAST things I buy from the pvp vendor are weapon & offhand - sticking to purple 186 or violet 192/ blue 188 there. Crit power etc on the other hand are much lower on these weapons than on a 204 or 208.

And given bolster simulator is broken...

Thanks for enlightening me!

Anything over 190 hurts your bolster.

192, and not my question...

Secondary stats are bolstered by a large amount. If all your gear contained critical as a secondary stat, you'd end up with around 30%+ crit chance. That being said you should watchout if a lot of your PVE gear contains accuracy stats, and you'll end up with a ridiculously large amount of accuracy like 7%

Secondary stats are bolstered by a large amount. If all your gear contained critical as a secondary stat, you'd end up with around 30%+ crit chance. That being said you should watchout if a lot of your PVE gear contains accuracy stats, and you'll end up with a ridiculously large amount of accuracy like 7%

Great, thanks. So I'll stick to my devoted allies stuff I guess (crit ones).

While we're at it I found something strange yesterday regarding a different kind of bolster - in level sync.

I had just crafted my young sent some level 32 blue sabers (way better than even birthright gear! ie birthright is legendary quality yellow, index 94 at level 33, whereas crafted saber is blue quality with index 96 at lvl...32. go figure)

She was on Coruscant doing "heroics" (a ludicrous faceroll) and level synced to lvl 18. turns out she was doing way more damage with her purple hilt level 20 saber index 76 than with the new blue 96.

So I'm wondering if something similar happens in warzone bolster... lowbie purples (not fringe stuff at 192 etc) getting more bang for the buck than blues or greens.

Edited by BenduKundalini

• 4 weeks later...

I got one question:

When mentioning PvP weapons, do you mean the weapons you buy at the PvP vendor, or just any moddable weapon that you want to use for PvP?

*edit* disregard my question. It is the PvP weapons from the PvP vendors. A shame, since I will get the Gree weapon next time the event starts. :( and I really love the looks of those :D

Edited by Amonkiratainted

I got one question:

When mentioning PvP weapons, do you mean the weapons you buy at the PvP vendor, or just any moddable weapon that you want to use for PvP?

*edit* disregard my question. It is the PvP weapons from the PvP vendors. A shame, since I will get the Gree weapon next time the event starts. :( and I really love the looks of those :D

You can grab the hilt and mods from the pvp weapon and put them in any customizable weapon you want.

Just don't mix PvE and PvP mods, also remember to get the +41 expertise crystal and you're good.

Sorry if this has been posted but I didn't see it in the OP.

What level relics do you run when wearing 190 greens at level 65? I've tried several combinations with no luck getting 1936 expertise.

I usually use level 45 Rak event relics till I buy the PvP ones (the moment I hit level 65). They are cheap and legacy bound so one set fits all characters.

• 1 month later...
On one hand, everything above 192 hurts your bolster (at level 65!). On other hand, bolster works differently below level 65. Just wondering if anyone tried wearing Devoted Allies 192 gear at level 55? How does the bolster work in this case? Do we still loose Expertise because of the gear being above 192 or do we have a "sweet spot" here with 192 gear and full bolster? Tried asking on Reddit, but nobody seems to have tried this.

On one hand, everything above 192 hurts your bolster (at level 65!). On other hand, bolster works differently below level 65. Just wondering if anyone tried wearing Devoted Allies 192 gear at level 55? How does the bolster work in this case? Do we still loose Expertise because of the gear being above 192 or do we have a "sweet spot" here with 192 gear and full bolster? Tried asking on Reddit, but nobody seems to have tried this.

Works as a charm. This is why I say the threshold is 192 not 190.

Edit : to be honest I haven't extensively tried it AT 55 pvp, so I'll have to try again with my latest 55 but I believe you're testing it as of now :p But I really think I do get the 2018 figure in the general bracket (55-64).

As a side note, unlike my 65 rerolls who have brand new 65 pvp sets, my main has a 2 set-piece PVE set from 3.0 in there, 180/186. He used to be around 1900-ish expertise for the longest time because of that. Now it computes a full 2018.

Edited by BenduKundalini

Works as a charm. This is why I say the threshold is 192 not 190.

Edit : to be honest I haven't extensively tried it AT 55 pvp, so I'll have to try again with my latest 55 but I believe you're testing it as of now :p But I really think I do get the 2018 figure in the general bracket (55-64).

As a side note, unlike my 65 rerolls who have brand new 65 pvp sets, my main has a 2 set-piece PVE set from 3.0 in there, 180/186. He used to be around 1900-ish expertise for the longest time because of that. Now it computes a full 2018.

Seeing as I only PVP I don't have any 192 PVE gear to test. Most of you will have read my old gear analysis pre 4.0 regarding secondary gear stats as you get closer to the lvl cap, which is now 65. This still applies, but not as much as it did.

"If" you can use 192 gear at 55 and still get 1936 expertise and it not affect your secondary stat or even main stats, then by all means use them.

Couple of things to look for when testing them pre60

First get some lower than 55 PVE gear, ie some 52-53 blues/greens. Don't use any lvl 50 gear, including lvl 50 PVP gear, it either doesn't bolster or not properly.

Then watch your main stats when switching between 192 to lower lvl gear. If you see a drastic negative change then stick with the lower stuff.

Also watch your secondary stats, you may also see a drastic change in them.

Of course check these at the bolster terminal on the fleet to start with. But please note at this stage it is still not working 100%, the only way to really see is to look at the stats in a PVP WZ.

One more thing to consider is augments. Unless you really think you need a small increase in secondary stats, using augments pre65 can really hurt your health pool, main stats and in some cases your other secondary. As things currently are I wouldn't equip augments till 65.

Lastly, I've not bothered with switching gear since lvl 35. I've found lower lvl gear works exceptionally well until lvl 60/61 when you can use lvl 190 green gear. Usually before lvl 60 I keep my gear 6-8 lvls below me.

*** note on older PVP gear pre65 ***

Except weapons and augments, all PVP gear pre 65 "DOES NOT" work as well as 190 green PVE gear.

To optimise stats pre 65, replace all Armor, mods, enhancements with 190 greens, "keep" your PVP weapons as PVP weapon hits, mods, enhancements, expertise crystals and you will get 2018 expertise pre 65. Try and replace ear and implants with greens too, but if you can't find them, just keep the PVP ones.