2018 Expertise Main PVP Stat Is Essential

Icykill_

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't seem to get something right ... I am level 60 assassin,

I tried full 162 set, full pvp 168 set, even combinations.

I can not get above 2k expertise no matter what.

And I don't see it happening at all, because all available pvp sets do not increase the expertise more than the 168 set.

Please someone give some information on how exactly to get to expertise cap on level 60 character and is it still possible to get to 2k+ expertise.

• 4 weeks later...
Any data on how bolster works 4.0? I've noticed some people 178+ rating items(armorings/enh/mods) and are hitting 1936 expertise. I wonder if 60+ nets your 2018 expertise?

Anyone have data to share?

I haven't tested yet... I did the story to 65 yesterday...

I'm going to have a look at some pre 60 pvp today... I did notice though at 65, bolster isn't closing the main stats gap as much as it used to... This is going to actually make people gear for once... It's about time

In mostly 190 with the 190 offhand but 186 MH hilt I was getting 1936.

Maybe try 190 or 186 hilt and 153 or 162 mod/enhancement in the weapon... A bit like we had to do before with 162 hilt and 148/148 mod/enhancement... That 1936 stat sounds exactly the same as what you would have gotten if you had used 162/162/162 in your weapons in 3.0

Maybe try 190 or 186 hilt and 153 or 162 mod/enhancement in the weapon... A bit like we had to do before with 162 hilt and 148/148 mod/enhancement... That 1936 stat sounds exactly the same as what you would have gotten if you had used 162/162/162 in your weapons in 3.0

It's also bolstering people way below 60 to 1936, which I know you know. Assuming bolster is still in place it should be putting the lower level mids to 2018 if they have all slots filled, right? It shouldn't become a bit trickier till 59 or 60. Or, I would think.

Went in with the old 162 weapon/mh combo and it was still 1936. Some/all of the 190 gear has to go... where's the cutoff now? Actually scratch that, I went in with a mix of 162 and pvp gear that before put me at 2018 and it's getting the 1936 magic number too. Edited by Rantank

In mostly 190 with the 190 offhand but 186 MH hilt I was getting 1936 in the 41-64. Seems to be the default now.

When you guys post your item ratings and expertise, level please also list your stats with said stuff zoned in the warzone since the fleet bolster doesn't work right.

Went in with the old 162 weapon/mh combo and it was still 1936. Some/all of the 190 gear has to go... where's the cutoff now? Actually scratch that, I went in with a mix of 162 and pvp gear that before put me at 2018 and it's getting the 1936 magic number too.

Confirmed with some testing that if you are using pve weapons, they will only grant you a total of 1936 expertise... What's missing from the equation is the expertise crystals which would be +41 x 2 + 1936 = 2018

Unfortunately you can't put expertise crystals in pve weapons as it will lose you even more expertise than 1936...

The only way you can have 2018 expertise in pre 65 is if you have pvp weapons...

At the moment the Bolster fleet terminal is broken.. So I can't find what lvl pve armor is the sweet spot... People should be fine up to 190... I've tested 190 pve gear and have reached 1936...

Confirmed with some testing that if you are using pve weapons, they will only grant you a total of 1936 expertise... What's missing from the equation is the expertise crystals which would be +41 x 2 + 1936 = 2018

Unfortunately you can't put expertise crystals in pve weapons as it will lose you even more expertise than 1936...

The only way you can have 2018 expertise in pre 65 is if you have pvp weapons...

You mean lvl 60 PvP weapons, right?

It seems that something is wrong with PvP stats at 65 too, unless I'm missing something.

At 2018 expertise I'm getting 55.39% damage boost as opposed to the usual 60%, 35.65 for damage reduction and 18.46 for healing boost.

It seems that something is wrong with PvP stats at 65 too, unless I'm missing something.

At 2018 expertise I'm getting 55.39% damage boost as opposed to the usual 60%, 35.65 for damage reduction and 18.46 for healing boost.

How are you measuring that?... Are you looking at the character stat window or measuring externally?

Character window in game, PVP tab.

Ok that is weird... I'll have a look at mine when I login in next...

I've also seen something extremely weird on my Merc... I upgraded all my pvp gear to 204 as soon as I hit 65... First WZ I had 70k+ health... Each WZ after that I steadily lost health until it reached 68382 health... I watched it drop each WZ a little each time... It took about 5 WZs to reach 68382... I changed nothing in that time...

This leads me to believe that there is some sort of bug in Bolster at the moment.. The fact that the bolster terminal on the fleet is severely broken doesn't help... If they could fix that, we could actually investigate what is happening instead of trying to do it in a WZ

Here is a screenshot.

65 level character, 2018 expertise (mix of 204 and 208 pvp gear and 174 relics).

Doesn't get to 60% damage boost and doesn't change inside WZ either. In fact it seems with each piece of PvP gear I updated the health goes down. Might be affecting other stats as well.

http://dr2ooo.com/swtor/pvp_expertise.jpg

It might be the relics... Let us know what happens when you get 204 or 208 relics... If it's still not right then send a bug report in the bug section of the forums and link it so we can all add to it if we have the same issue