Gamebreaking gameplay issue (with many video examples)

Rendekar

this has been getting more and more noticeable the higher i level up since the mobs are tougher the rotations have to be on time to the millisecond. For my commando combat medic the delay is most noticeable when im trying to activate the "supercharge cell" ability which is not supposed to be tied to the global cooldown, so it should be able to be used at any time.(and i believe ANY TIME means while im casting a heal i should be able to cast any ability thats NOT tied to the global cooldown, i.e. NOT dimmed out while casting.)

So not only is the delay there, the global cool down is not working as intended for about 3 or 4 abilities.

Edited by klingybubbles

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a gamebreaking issue. Some people need to be reminded what a game breaking issue really is.

Batman Arkham City...

About 1% of the player base (that's actually quite a few people) ran into a data corruption problem, where the game would simply NOT load. The game literally would no longer play.

That is one example of a gamebreaking bug. A gamebreaking bug literally BREAKS the game.

This issue does not break the game, it's annoying, and it needs to be fixed... but don't call a shotgun a missile launcher.

Edited by Wishpig

This is not a gamebreaking issue. Some people need to be reminded what a game breaking issue really is.

Batman Arkham City...

About 1% of the player base (that's actually quite a few people) ran into a data corruption problem, where the game would simply NOT load. The game literally would no longer play.

That is one example of a gamebreaking bug. A gamebreaking bug literally BREAKS the game.

This issue does not break the game, it's annoying, and it needs to be fixed... but don't call a shotgun a missile launcher.

repair/reinstall should fix that unless it's damaged media.

The issues listed are game breaking.

I'd like to know that as well? This is even asked on his YouTube video with no answer.

I'm having trouble understanding why the two of you don't instantly see why your character doing 3 stuttery animations, putting a ability on GCD but not actually doing anything at all is game breaking...

What are you having trouble understanding? Your character stutters, you lose a GCD but your ability doesn't work, you die, what's the point in PVP? Game breaking.

Edited by CapuchinSeven

It had more to do with your credibility than volume of writing.

C'mon, can we cut back a little on the rudeness? I'm not opposed to hearing a counter to what I said. Why would you consider this a gamebreaking bug?

Edited by Wishpig

i just wanted to say...

this have never happened to me and i play a jedi guardian.

not sure what's going on here but it's inconsistent I can say that much.

I'm in the same boat. I only made it to lev 19 as my warrior, and this only happened to me a few times, and only when my game was lagging BAD.

C'mon, can we cut back a little on the rudeness? I'm not opposed to hearing a counter to what I said. Why would you consider this a gamebreaking bug?

In the spirit of the holidays, ok.

It may not be game "breaking", but it is game "play" breaking. High level raiding and pvp require near instant response time for abilities, and when things don't function in that regard, many of us consider things to be broken because we cannot count on our abilities to function at the moment that we need them or plan to need them.

In the spirit of the holidays, ok.

It may not be game "breaking", but it is game "play" breaking. High level raiding and pvp require near instant response time for abilities, and when things don't function in that regard, many of us consider things to be broken because we cannot count on our abilities to function at the moment that we need them or plan to need them.

Hmmm, I see your point. Maybe I do need to be less literal with my definition of gamebreaking.

Regardless of the definition, I agree that the responsiveness of abilities is a major issue that needs fixing. I'm just curious if it's lag or actual bugs that seem to be causing things like this to happen.

I guess I'm just lucky though. Only when things are REAL laggy do I run into any issues like this. But it does seem to be a very widespread problem.

Edited by Wishpig

Hmmm, I see your point. Maybe I do need to be less literal with my definition of gamebreaking.

Regardless of the definition, I agree that the responsiveness of abilities is a major issue that needs fixing. I'm just curious if it's lag or actual bugs that seem to be causing things like this to happen.

I guess I'm just lucky though. Only when things are REAL laggy do I run into any issues like this. But it does seem to be a very widespread problem.

The major issues are with the animation system and how they're tied to the abilities with regard to timing. It's definitely not lag that people are experiencing, it's an inherent design flaw (in addition to bugs) that is really causing a lot of consternation among the competitive player base.

The major issues are with the animation system and how they're tied to the abilities with regard to timing. It's definitely not lag that people are experiencing, it's an inherent design flaw (in addition to bugs) that is really causing a lot of consternation among the competitive player base.

From that description... it doesn't sound like a problem that will be fixed anytime soon. I have a feeling now that someone has pointed it out to me, it will be MUCH more noticeable. Crap. :(

From that description... it doesn't sound like a problem that will be fixed anytime soon. I have a feeling now that someone has pointed it out to me, it will be MUCH more noticeable. Crap. :(

Have you played an Imperial Agent? Try the "cover" ability in combat with other abilities.

Heh, from the first clip's comments:

This isn't a "very major bug", it's a graphical glitch

Seriously...?

I wonder what would happen if someone dug around in their brains and made it impossible for them to properly send signals to their limbs and get proper feedback on their actions. Would they still say that isn't a problem?

It's the virtual equivalent of that here. You rely on the animations for feedback on your actions. I play Sith Warrior, and the amount of bugs like this is huge for my class.

Ravage is especially hilarious. Sometimes the entire Ravage animation plays out without the ability actually having triggered (doesn't go on cooldown and is usable right away). And Smash glitches pretty much every time I try to use it in between other abilities.

All these issues with delay (popular thread on the front page of this forum section) and animations (this thread and others) make for a very problematic gaming experience.