The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Action For The Ravager's Exploit

EricMusco

What we got here is BW Deflated there own punishment. They were supposed to give every one 12.5-13.5 pounds punishment but they only did 2 pounds. This is why ravagergate is a joke in it self. LOL Eric Musco has declined comment on there punishment Deflation's. :p An investigation by Micky Mouse is on going into why there no cheese served in BW lunch room. And I "quote" this is an outrage Mickey Mouse said. LOL there my fun for the day

Bioware's law: If there is more than one way to fix things, and one of those ways won't do anything that all or make it worse, Bioware will do that way.

Heck, there's a whole thread that even their warning mails were bugged.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but having 198 gear does not make one a cheater. You can have done none of the new hard modes and have full 198 gear. All you had to do was grind lvl 55ops for the 7weeks that they were giving ultimate coms(150 ulties/week for 7weeks= 1050 ultimate coms = full set of 198 gear).

Unless you know someone cheated, don't assume that b/c they have 198gear they did.

Sadly, there are those who are going to be looking intently for anyone they can accuse of cheating, based on half-baked assumptions about what "must have been done" or "obvious signs", and doing so for some time.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Bioware's law: If there is more than one way to fix things, and one of those ways won't do anything that all or make it worse, Bioware will do that way.

Heck, there's a whole thread that even their warning mails were bugged.

Ya but the cheese there should be cheese in the lunch room poor Mickey will starve with out cheese

Sadly, there are those who are going to be looking intently for anyone they can accuse of cheating, based on half-baked assumptions about what "must have been done" or "obvious signs", and doing so for some time.

Ironic it will be, when some of those types get banned for harassment

Sorry but having 198 gear does not make one a cheater. You can have done none of the new hard modes and have full 198 gear. All you had to do was grind lvl 55ops for the 7weeks that they were giving ultimate coms(150 ulties/week for 7weeks= 1050 ultimate coms = full set of 198 gear).

Unless you know someone cheated, don't assume that b/c they have 198gear they did.

I know the difference between 198 comm gear and BiS items that come from tokens. When they have as the only 198 bonus set item the chest, and then in every other slot 198 BiS mods and enhancements, plus having as on the only achievement on HM Ravagers the very last boss, well....

What do you think happened ? That they were pugs for last boss in a legit run and for some awesome miracle boss dropped like 50 chests tokens so they geared main and alts and that was it ?

You made the claims, the burden of proof is on you.

You claimed that harm was done, you prove it. Until then, no one has demonstrated that any tangible harm has occurred.

The very notion that you can claim tangible harm was done and it's to be assumed true until someone can prove that no harm at all was done is the worst sort of intellectual dishonesty.

Like I said it's happened to me on a couple of occasions now ( to the point I don't even bother with the ops right now until they are fixed and people are more willing to take a 186 geared player ) and you yourself more or less agree people are making less selling the mods etc.

Using myself as an example you can call me a liar if it pleases you to try justify your unsubstantiated view point but I honestly don't care what you think. I know it's happened, many others have experienced it and that makes it true.

As to the materials issue you are both trying to say the harm is hypothetical and then saying the harm done is actually good for the community ... which is it? Is it hypothetical and no harm was done or was there harm done but you dismiss it because you decided it was better for everyone. You're pretty much contradicting yourself and still doing anything to substantiate your point of view beyond YOUR own hypothetical reasoning.

Note that just because you believe cheaper mats obtained in an illegitimate manner are good for the community has no bearing what so ever on the harm done to the individual no cheating to get mats/schems etc.

I've shown you beyond reasonable doubt harm that has been done so stop implying no harm has been done because you're starting to sounds like the proverbial broken record going over and over without really adding in anything new to substantiate this point of view.

No tangible harm has been done.

I'm sorry that this has reached the point where trying to tear down anything I say is this important to you, but I'm not going to pretend something other than the truth is true just to make you feel better.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Someone is claiming that harm was done... and demanding that we accept that claim unless we can prove that otherwise. This is simply a bass-ackwards burden of proof. There's nothing "special" about pointing that out.

That's a very simplistic reading of what I said in the post you're likely referring to.

See this is the problem with the whole manner in which you post and basically attack many people forum wide on a range of topics.

You use terms like "we" and "us" when people are directly quoting and disputing with you. Is this some sort of grand standing? Up on the soap box? Attention seeking? You've been called on this by at least one other person also. Defend your own point of view yourself.

Next you basically pick and choose which parts of people's posts you pay attention to. Example being i originally said I had been left out of ops on 2 occasions I could think of. That's good enough proof for me as it actually happened. You go on like this was not the case and i'm just mindlessly throwing "this could happen" at you when clearly I've not done so.

Anyway you and Pagy I believe it was were the people going on about logical arguments etc. and you're not providing anything logical to the topic at all. Just calling people's well thought out and presented "logical" arguments "hypothetical" isn't a logical counter argument at all. It's just flaming pretty much.

See this is the problem with the whole manner in which you post and basically attack many people forum wide on a range of topics.

You use terms like "we" and "us" when people are directly quoting and disputing with you. Is this some sort of grand standing? Up on the soap box? Attention seeking? You've been called on this by at least one other person also. Defend your own point of view yourself.

Next you basically pick and choose which parts of people's posts you pay attention to. Example being i originally said I had been left out of ops on 2 occasions I could think of. That's good enough proof for me as it actually happened. You go on like this was not the case and i'm just mindlessly throwing "this could happen" at you when clearly I've not done so.

Anyway you and Pagy I believe it was were the people going on about logical arguments etc. and you're not providing anything logical to the topic at all. Just calling people's well thought out and presented "logical" arguments "hypothetical" isn't a logical counter argument at all. It's just flaming pretty much.

"We" and "us" as in anyone reading your post and being told that they should accept your statements as true unless they can prove them to be false.

Whatever you think happened, I don't see any proof that you were left out of Ops because of someone who had better gear and provably obtained that gear from the exploit. (And as an aside, if this exploit is so offensive, why would you want to be in groups with people who'd choose a "cheater" over an honest, upstanding gamer such as yourself?)

Stamping your foot and insisting over and over that your posts are "logical" and "well thought out" doesn't make them so.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

No tangible harm has been done.

I'm sorry that this has reached the point where trying to tear down anything I say is this important to you, but I'm not going to pretend something other than the truth is true just to make you feel better.

If you have something logical to say on the point to back it up then I would have no need to. I could go "yes, fair point but" how ever I've not needed to do that because you're argument and logic and evidence amounts to posts like

"No tangible harm was done"

And you wonder why you've been accused of being a troll by numerous people these past few days?

Whatever you think happened, I don't see any proof that you were left out of Ops because of someone who had better gear and provably obtained that gear from the exploit.

Stamping your foot and insisting over and over that your posts are "logical" doesn't make them so.

"Sorry we've got a guy in 192/198's wanting in" works well enough. You are right, I don't have screenshots though. I'll remember them next time for my important job of getting max_Killjoy to believe me on the forums. ;)

On that note - I don't see any proof that no one has been left out of ops due to lack of gear from the exploit.

Having you insist over and over it's not happening also doesn't make it so. ;)

If you have something logical to say on the point to back it up then I would have no need to. I could go "yes, fair point but" how ever I've not needed to do that because you're argument and logic and evidence amounts to posts like

"No tangible harm was done"

And you wonder why you've been accused of being a troll by numerous people these past few days?

Still waiting for you to prove that the level of harm done that resulted from exploiting the bug in Ravagers rises to the level of justifying the outrage and the demanded punishments.

Calling people who don't take your assumptions as gospel fact "trolls" isn't what most people would consider "logical".

"Sorry we've got a guy in 192/198's wanting in" works well enough. You are right, I don't have screenshots though. I'll remember them next time for my important job of getting max_Killjoy to believe me on the forums.

So... you're just assuming that the player they took instead obtained that gear through the exploit?

No wonder you wear that signature with pride...

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Still waiting for you to prove that the level of harm done that resulted from exploiting the bug in Ravagers caused harm that rises to the level of justifying the level of outrage and the demanded punishments.

Calling people who don't take your assumptions as gospel fact "trolls" isn't what most people would consider "logical".

Face the facts, already an exploit is an exploit no matter how game breaking it is.

three thoughts come to mind

1) any group that chooses gear over skill or experience should be avoided

2) gear checkers have always been out there and always will be

3) if youre refused a spot, there is no harm given the fact that you can start your own group at any time

my reputation speaks for me. im sorry if you have nothing to offer a group.

So do you believe that people who jaywalk or drive with expired plates should spend time in federal prison, too?

No, they just have different levels of punishment, but they are still considered to be exploits no matter what it is

Well regardless of where you stand, much like the slots nerf, Bioware has waved it's Ban Feather and tickled the exploiters, let them keep their gear and that is the bottom line. What's done is done. Was it good? Hardly. LAughable in fact but this is Bioware we are talking about.

Bioware has done nothing to deter people next time so time to accept what they did, quit if you want to and move on. At this point, this thread is beating the proverbial dead horse now.

Bioware has done nothing to deter people next time so time to accept what they did, quit if you want to and move on. At this point, this thread is beating the proverbial dead horse now.

This basically. I almost fell bad for all those witch hunting white knights. Almost... dang.. I'm outta popcorn or that cheeky monkey-lizard nabbed it again.

Well regardless of where you stand, much like the slots nerf, Bioware has waved it's Ban Feather and tickled the exploiters, let them keep their gear and that is the bottom line. What's done is done. Was it good? Hardly. LAughable in fact but this is Bioware we are talking about.

You should be banned, cause then everyone will think its ok to exploit the next time one occurs may it be game breaking or not

"We" and "us" as in anyone reading your post and being told that they should accept your statements as true unless they can prove them to be false.

Whatever you think happened, I don't see any proof that you were left out of Ops because of someone who had better gear and provably obtained that gear from the exploit. (And as an aside, if this exploit is so offensive, why would you want to be in groups with people who'd choose a "cheater" over an honest, upstanding gamer such as yourself?)

Stamping your foot and insisting over and over that your posts are "logical" and "well thought out" doesn't make them so.

The same anyone reading your posts being told they shouldn't accept anything I have to say even though you can not prove them to be false?

I am not seeing any proof from you that I wasn't left out of ops.

Insinuating my posts are not "logical" and "well thought out" without taking the time to prove or even show they are not also does not make it so. ;)

Still waiting for you to prove that the level of harm done that resulted from exploiting the bug in Ravagers rises to the level of justifying the outrage and the demanded punishments.

So... you're just assuming that the player they took instead obtained that gear through the exploit?

No wonder you wear that signature with pride...

Still waiting for you to prove that it doesn't. Noting my level of "outrage" has generally been "every illegitimately gained item removed".

Heck this supposed level of rage you think exists seems to only be in your head, the majority of posters have been completely level headed. Running around telling everyone else that there are witch hunters about and implying how anyone seemingly against the cheating are baying for blood etc. makes you kind of worse than the people you are accusing of being unjustly outraged heh.

Hey, I'm not the only one to call you a troll. It's been a common theme from a few posters now, a couple of which are fairly highly regarded members of the community on a whole. You know if the shoe fits ...

The same anyone reading your posts being told they shouldn't accept anything I have to say even though you can not prove them to be false?

Still waiting for you to prove that it doesn't. Noting my level of "outrage" has generally been "every illegitimately gained item removed".

So you're saying that everyone should accept everything that anyone says until it's proven false?

Really?

You're sure about that?

Hey, I'm not the only one to call you a troll. It's been a common theme from a few posters now, a couple of which are fairly highly regarded members of the community on a whole. You know if the shoe fits ...

Hey, look, a couple people who are mad about something called me a troll because I questioned their feels. That never, ever happens on the internet.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

So you're saying that everyone should accept everything that anyone says until it's proven false?

Really?

I gave you the proof you requested, it's your issue if it's not up to your supposed high standards. I'm still waiting for any proof what so ever from you to prove your point of view. You're offering up none what so ever so if anything you want everyone to take your opinion as fact?

Twisting words again huh? Selective responses again huh? Something lurks below that bridge. I hear some clip clopping ... must be some goats about.