Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Consumer Protection - Ontario, Canada

Bristol

To be completely honest, I had to delete my CC info from my account because my card expired in December. I would miss playing SWTOR way more than I will ever miss the Cartel Coins that I spent on trying to get a Slot Machine.

Having 19 characters over 56 means that I have way more Crew Skill potential than any slot machine could have ever compared to. As a foot note however, do not dismiss the fact that the crew skill UI is in so much need for some Dev-Love. Maybe fixing the UI would be a nice gesture of compensation for the whole Slot Machine issue and will likely satisfy the stated goal of getting more Grade 11 mats into the economy.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@OP None of that matters as you didn't pay for the slot machine you paid for packs. What was in the packs is random and Biowares property, and subject to them doing what they want with it, as part of the contract you have agreed to to play this game. Therefore quit your QQ and quit or man up, shut up and move on.

If you want to go down that road, the OP and everyone only really paid for the Cartel Coins. Which they then purchased basically a lottery ticket. The Slot Machine was never guaranteed to be in any pack.

Like I pointed out before, I don't see people suing lotto companies because they don't win the jackpot every time they buy a ticket, but that's what people here are whining about.

As a foot note however, do not dismiss the fact that the crew skill UI is in so much need for some Dev-Love. Maybe fixing the UI would be a nice gesture of compensation for the whole Slot Machine issue and will likely satisfy the stated goal of getting more Grade 11 mats into the economy.

Wasn't there a Q&A floating around recently with one of the fan sites that mentioned they were looking into some of the UIs?

I think it came up in the context of asking for the Collections Menu to start off with all the subcategories on the left-hand side collapsed instead of expanded, but in the answer BW went into some detail about UIs and Menus.

But yeah, there are a lot of menus that could do with some sprucing up in this game.

Edited by DarthDymond

Really? This thread is up to 170+ posts?

I'm all in favor of this forum being used to provide customer feedback, positive or negative, but there comes a point where you're beating a dead horse.

To each individual poster on the broader topic: You absolutely have the right to voice your opinion, be it for the first time or the hundred-and-first time on a subject, but at some point maybe for your own sake you should consider asking yourself "is this really worth the time / energy I'm sinking into it?"

I thought this thread would have been deleted and I expected a forum ban for it, but, that hasn't happened.

Summary of all slot machine threads.

These things were so awesome that I wanted to get one really badly to get my piece of the pie! I therefore inherently knew that they were really good!

Somehow I failed to make the intuitive leap from knowing that they were really good to, oh they are so going to nerf these cause they are obviously out of balance!

I want my money back because I spent it due to an inability to think!

Yep, sounds about right...

Ps forgot the blaming others for my mistake.

Edited by g_land

If you want to go down that road, the OP and everyone only really paid for the Cartel Coins. Which they then purchased basically a lottery ticket. The Slot Machine was never guaranteed to be in any pack.

Like I pointed out before, I don't see people suing lotto companies because they don't win the jackpot every time they buy a ticket, but that's what people here are whining about.

This is exactly right.

@OP None of that matters as you didn't pay for the slot machine you paid for packs. What was in the packs is random and Biowares property, and subject to them doing what they want with it, as part of the contract you have agreed to to play this game. Therefore quit your QQ and quit or man up, shut up and move on.

Nice word games, but it doesn't work the way you think it works...

Dance all you like, but the fact is, the CC was spent to obtain the slot machine... nothing you say changes the intent, because you can't say what another person's intent was or was not...

Clearly lots of people had the intent to spend CC to get a slot machine... and you telling them they are wrong doesn't invalidate them, it simply makes you look self-centered and silly.

I'd gladly testify in a court of law that I fully expected the Slot Machine to be nerfed, prior to it actually being nerfed. I'd gladly explain that with all the talk and response from Bioware that we knew a change was incoming and that if you spent time on this forum you'd know that there was doubt as to whether to drop rate was reasonable. (It wasn't.)

It's not Bioware's fault you bought virtual currency and then spent that virtual currency on a lottery ticket to potentially win a Credit Printing Press that was later adjusted.

You would be so torn apart on cross it would be hilarious.

Imagine you saying what you posted...then the lawyer reading the actual posts from management...wow....

What you claim is NOT what was said.

To be clear I don't have a horse in this race. I just GREATLY enjoyed reading so far. :)

I do think EA/BW really has handled this poorly though.

You would be so torn apart on cross it would be hilarious.

Imagine you saying what you posted...then the lawyer reading the actual posts from management...wow....

What you claim is NOT what was said.

To be clear I don't have a horse in this race. I just GREATLY enjoyed reading so far. :)

I do think EA/BW really has handled this poorly though.

I don't honestly expect to be called into court or anything. lol. It's just that they can look and see that not everyone is under conviction that they were bamboozled. In fact I dare say most people knew a nerf was coming and/or thought the slot machine was economy breaking... And that is the point of my opinion piece there. Which would be hearsay at best? I'm sure if Bioware needed me to speak up at that point they might as well start writing checks. lol.

Anyhow. People are angry over an incredibly minor part of the game and I find it hilarious.

Anyhow. People are angry over an incredibly minor part of the game and I find it hilarious.

I share your amusement at that fact, and I am even more amused that this thread is continuing past the point where OP admitted it was a troll thread.

Com'on, you guys have never trolled the forums before...Your replies have been great entertainment during my work day...5PM...time to go home...

To be completely honest, I had to delete my CC info from my account because my card expired in December. I would miss playing SWTOR way more than I will ever miss the Cartel Coins that I spent on trying to get a Slot Machine.

There is also the little fact that no country in the world has yet ruled that you have any real rights to virtual items in a game.

Even digital music and movies you outright purchase have very limited rights such as the fact that when you kick the bucket your family has no rights to your vast online music music collections as they would real world copies.

You pay for access to the game. Read the TOS that you actually have no rights to the shiny digital toys within said game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.