No Content Till April?

Foambreaker

Stop... just stop and think about what you're saying...

It is a circle that ends up going down a drain if you're not careful... So the CM team is cheap to run and makes lots of profits? Great, how about we JUST have a CM, and no actual game? What would happen?

If you don't develop the core game enough, then no one will be around to buy expensive shiny on the CM.

Why do people always take things to extremes?

Of course you need both. But I don't think that the CM team is very big and there is little room for more movement without upsetting the already precarious balance.

The only solution I see is more budget to increase the team size and tools. EA will only do that if they have faith it will make them more money. After the horrible start of the game they pretty much lost that faith it seems. The game is stabilised but it could be better. I am just hoping that the new SW movies will help there.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ This...

SWTOR has never actually gotten a real expansion...

A real expansion would have been Chapter 4 of CLASS STORIES EQUAL TO CHAPTER 3. Similar number of full planets, and additions to all other areas of the game (FP/PvP,etc.)

Nothing less is a proper expansion to the game. The irony is that they could charge $60 for that and people would pay it. These $20 content packs are nice, but not real expansions.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!!!! THIS IS BLASPHEMY!!!

this is Star Wars you know!! Star *********** Wars!!! Just that name is worth billions of $. So even crap packed in that name must be priced millions of $. But EAWare are providing us with "expansion" for just only 20$. WE ARE BLESSED!!!! BLESSED I SAY!!!!

On the topic of proper expansion : Rift released an expansion just a month before sor. And not only that they gave away the core content free to all. Rift only made 32 million $ revenue in 2013 while SWTOR made over 100 million, yet Trion can make a proper expansion and give the core content away for free...

Edited by BrintoSFJ

they have no trouble making CM content ..i bet if they took half the people away from that , we would be getting decent content upgrades

i mean all they gotta know how to do for the CM stuff is use the color to target brush, to recolor already exsisting gear

CM stuff isn't made any better than the rest of the game. Just sayin'.

And the rewards dont make it worth the time and wipes spent, the only way it would be is if the bonus boss 100% of the time dropped the mount

That would make it worth running once...

The 16 elites would need to be changed to 16 ultimates to make me want to run them more than once.

Is that what I am getting from the cantina notes?

And then it is only one planet?

Are we supposed to run Yavin dailies for 3 months?

says the guy that wants the devs to chase around ravagers exploiters for weeks.

apparently what gear other people have affects you a lot more than content to play lol

It would be really awesome if we got a level 60 daily area in manaan, like republic and empire will try to get the data on the experiments revanites were doing there to fight off empire. Would be cool.

That would be. Considering there is an area there that is blocked off I would say it is safe to assume they are going to be adding onto Manaan. Some KOTOR lore would be nice as well. :cool:

what is NEW in 3.1? new modes of existing fp's is not new in my definition.

They closed down the PTS after two weeks. I am taking a guess here, but I think they closed it down not to reveal to much for what is conent wise coming.

That is my hope...

If it is a class change patch with only two new HMs and a legacy unlock and some cartel pack additions I'll be seriously pissed.

That would be. Considering there is an area there that is blocked off I would say it is safe to assume they are going to be adding onto Manaan. Some KOTOR lore would be nice as well. :cool:

Could also be that they are just gonna forget about that area and never do anything about it.

From what has been said PvP and GSF is probably going to be put on the back burner.

There wont be any real PvE content till gone April and probably none till Summer.

There isn't much of a crafting or exploration or open world game.

It would seem that the road ahead for 2015 is to take a break till Summer , which is very nice as you can go premium maybe for the gree event which is fairly good as a customer but the business model seems a little lacking.

From what has been said PvP and GSF is probably going to be put on the back burner.

There wont be any real PvE content till gone April and probably none till Summer.

There isn't much of a crafting or exploration or open world game.

It would seem that the road ahead for 2015 is to take a break till Summer , which is very nice as you can go premium maybe for the gree event which is fairly good as a customer but the business model seems a little lacking.

^ This...

There is nothing to do... so... go buy another game and play it instead?

If you want subs and people to come in and spend money, you have to provide something to do.

Has anyone at a Cantina Tour or a Q&A where they have Eric or someone on the spot actually point-blank asked what the size of their staff is now and how it compares to what it was around RotHC for example?

99.999% sure that they'd just say 'that's not the sort of thing we talk about' or something like that, but I'd be curious to know if the question's been put to them and if there are any hints to be found in even an evasive answer.

The game's still got enough content to keep me satisfied for the moment, and I genuinely enjoyed SoR, but I do keep getting the sense that they're just plain spread too thin there for working on a game this size.

Call me overly optimistic, but I doubt that.

It might be the new stronghold location.

That would be a neutral planet, and there have been many requesting an underwater Stronghold (or at least partially underwater). It would certainly be unique and sell well, and new features almost all revolve around CC spending now.

You saw that blocked area too? Me and my guildies were talking about it when it came out, were so sure that with SOR we were getting daily zone there. Well i am still hopeful..let's see what happens.

Either way, it's way better exploring an entirely new game than it is running around Yavin IV or rolling your 14th alt.

There is just little to no reason to continue to subscribe to SWTOR any longer, at least for me.

Give the FFXIV free trial a try. It's free. :) I tried it, subscribed, and am doing that. All I plan to do in SWTOR is raid twice a week with my group.

I hope your butt loves being hit with doors... I'd ask for your stuff when you go, but I doubt there is anything worth taking.

Some of you people are straight nutty.

Like the only people to quote and reply to me have been to make remarks like this lol.

No content coming

Me: well im unsubbing (didnt even start my own thread)

Multiple trolls: LOLZ GIVE ME YOUR STUFF LOLOLOL I MADE THAT JOKE UP GUYZ LOLOL

^ This...

SWTOR has never actually gotten a real expansion...

A real expansion would have been Chapter 4 of CLASS STORIES EQUAL TO CHAPTER 3. Similar number of full planets, and additions to all other areas of the game (FP/PvP,etc.)

Nothing less is a proper expansion to the game. The irony is that they could charge $60 for that and people would pay it. These $20 content packs are nice, but not real expansions.

Totally agreed. Oh hell. I love Star Wars and I love SWTOR. But the latest content added to the game are really a pile of non tested crap. And the proofs are spread everywhere. When SoR came out, I've the same feeling of the release of GTA IV. A huge content but full of bugs, problems, graphical errors. The greatest proof that nothing has been tested.

But I still have hope. My vote is: FIX all those problems appeared in the lasts updates/exps, THEN you can announce a new content, TRULY tested and working well.

Totally agreed. Oh hell. I love Star Wars and I love SWTOR. But the latest content added to the game are really a pile of non tested crap. And the proofs are spread everywhere. When SoR came out, I've the same feeling of the release of GTA IV. A huge content but full of bugs, problems, graphical errors. The greatest proof that nothing has been tested.

But I still have hope. My vote is: FIX all those problems appeared in the lasts updates/exps, THEN you can announce a new content, TRULY tested and working well.

I would hardly call Rishi and Yavin huge :p

For once I'd love to see them fix old bugs before rolling out new content. You people that need brand new stuff every month can go play other games for a while.

Yeah, because the 14 months between Operations seems like it's too quick for them huh?

I'm not against bug fixes, but this game has always suffered from a lack of content. They can do both or they should shut down. MMOs aren't your typical CoD/Madden type games that EA is accustomed to, where you can release the same game with a few tweaks every year and expect sales...MMOs require constant development and vision...a vision that Bioware, assuming this thread is accurate, seems to have missed.

If you think that will be anything more than an Oricon-style daily area, you need to get off the SWTOR-crack you are on.

It will continue the current story (which is a good thing - waiting between major expansions to do so is too long for a game like SWTOR), and you'll run all your alts through it, and then it might be the end of the summer before something else substantial (my guess being a PvP map) comes out.

But I still haven't put all my alts through Oricon (or Rishi/Y4 or Makeb)... I like the solo pve but that's not what I spend most of my time doing in this game. I've already heard rumors about two HMs not related to Ziost coming before/on 3.2 so that's something.

I've already heard rumors about two HMs not related to Ziost coming before/on 3.2 so that's something.

Not just rumors, confirmed on PTS (and I believe at the Cantina Tour) that HM Blood Hunt and HM Battle of Rishi are coming in Update 3.1. Problem is that those new modes for already existing FPs are the only gameplay content it looks like we're getting in that Update.

Edited by DarthDymond