Tait/Eric, some of us would like to talk to you about the Slot Machine changes.

OddballEasyEight

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...one positive thing...united the community like I have never seen. Folks that usually defend Bioware at all costs joining in with those complaining about the changes.

No, the slot machine changes are good. You guys just got the icing taken off your cake and are screaming about the resulting asphyxia.

They just screwed up big times. But thats no reason for a big portion of gameplay to be destroyed. I like the nerf on the machines, maybe a few minor tweaks here and there, but do not let the machine effect actual gameplay.

Earflier today you clearly stated in another thread that you craft everything yourself. You don't buy stuff on the GTN. You don't sell stuff on the GTN. Your gameplay was 0% (negatively) effected by the slot machine. And yet, some hours later you post that message. I can only /facepalm at you. Why do you put yourself in such a position?

As LordArtemis said: Never ever has the community been that united. And then you come in and fight against it. You don't like yourself very much, do you? ;)

As LordArtemis said: Never ever has the community been that united.

He did?

HAHAHAHAAHAAAHAAA.

Sorry yeah, of course 20 people on a game forum that loosely agree on a notion means that the community is united.

I've also seen people disagreeing about this. So disagreeing with you guys means we're no longer part of the community or what?

Priceless.

While there maybe some hinky accounting rules that would make this be recorded as a loss, it's not really. They'd just be returning cartel coins, not actual money.

Except there will be plenty of people who spent money for CC specifically to get the machine. And it's real easy to prove you paid money for CC and bought nothing but Acolyte Hyperpacks in order to get machines, even EAware's "metrics' could follow that simple line.

So yeah, they open up the refund can of worms, they can and will suffer loss, not just returning some CC while keeping the cash for it.

And as someone already mentioned, chargebacks. You can call your credit card company yourself and confirm, one of the easiest routes to a chargeback is if the item you paid for does not work as originally advertised, a.k.a. fraud. The addition of a yellow name confirming said original function to be "working as intended", only to drastically change it days later, strengthens this clause in the customers favor.

Of course, using chargebacks would mean those people would lose their accounts after getting their money back, but if they're really mad enough to do a chargeback, I doubt they care. That equals not only the loss of the money paid for CC for the machine, but also the loss of ongoing revenue and the loss of accounts, all of which has to be noted in EA's books.

Edited by Zorvan

He did?

HAHAHAHAAHAAAHAAA.

Sorry yeah, of course 20 people on a game forum that loosely agree on a notion means that the community is united.

I've also seen people disagreeing about this. So disagreeing with you guys means we're no longer part of the community or what?

Priceless.

If you paid attention, you'd notice that it's the same 5-6 people disagreeing over and over.

It's a pretty short list of people that post frenetically about how everybody is just QQ'ing and whatnot.

But if you compare the number of individual players that are complaining about this nerf to the individual players complaining about the machine pre-nerf, you'll notice a sharp difference in numbers.

(hell, 5 of the 10 or so threads created pre-nerf were created by the same person)

Its kinda sad when people make up false information in an attempt to draw people to their side of the argument. The only facts of the situation are that it was broken and needed to be fixed. There are several differences of opinions on the severity of the nerf or how it was advertised but its really an endless argument. In my opinion a cartel item should never have a real impact on the in game market but hey thats my opinion.

At the Cantina tonight, BioWare said they have no plans to change the Slot machines.

And I'm going to be Preferred in a week and a half.

Gotta exploit the forums while I still can. Expect my last day as a sub to be a fun one. :D

Edited by BuriDogshin

...So they don't post any info..and make an announcement at a social meet and greet ?

K ....welp I can only do what I think is right for me.

Sub canceled.

This is absolutely correct. A weak-***, 3rd party comment at a social function is pathetic at best. I want a dev comment on the forums, and I want it crystal clear. My sub is on the line, not because of the uselessness of my slot machines, but because of piss-poor business practices on BW/EA's part.

This is absolutely correct. A weak-***, 3rd party comment at a social function is pathetic at best. I want a dev comment on the forums, and I want it crystal clear. My sub is on the line, not because of the uselessness of my slot machines, but because of piss-poor business practices on BW/EA's part.

A transcription of Musco's public statement about the Slot Machine is now up in the forums.

Read it before they take it down.

Why would they take down a transcript of what they said?

For the same reason they take down threads showing the expected rewards from the New Slot Machines? It embarrasses them.

However, what they will claim is that the transcript is not accurate and is misrepresenting what Musco said. Well of course there are inconsequential errors and omissions in it, but it is still faithful to what Musco said. They'll take it down anyway, using even a typo as their excuse.

For the same reason they take down threads showing the expected rewards from the New Slot Machines? It embarrasses them.

However, what they will claim is that the transcript is not accurate and is misrepresenting what Musco said. Well of course there are inconsequential errors and omissions in it, but it is still faithful to what Musco said. They'll take it down anyway, using even a typo as their excuse.

One is a transcript of what they said and the other is datamined info we arn't spose to know.

So again, why would they take down what they said?

It's uncanny the amount of people "unsubbing" (Doubtful) over their instant Materials machine being nerfed.

Please tell me "But it was fun!!!!111" or some other silly excuse your addict mind is trying to convince you of as to

why they should have kept it spitting out (basically) credits.

It's uncanny the amount of people "unsubbing" (Doubtful) over their instant Materials machine being nerfed.

Please tell me "But it was fun!!!!111" or some other silly excuse your addict mind is trying to convince you of as to

I don't think it's just the slot machine. The atmosphere in-game seems to indicate that people are tired of so many bugged/unpolished features in addition to BW constantly making blunders like the machine and apparently never learning from their own mistakes.

To me, it looks like people are losing faith in the product as a whole and the issues in the game have reached a tipping point.

I unsubbed due to the laughable amount of content SoR came with, way before I even knew the slot machine was going to be a thing.

Almost as uncanny as the number of posts by the willfully obtuse people that have completely missed the point here, and insist this is all about "credit-printing".