Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Changes Coming in Tomorrow's (1/21) Maintenance

EricMusco

Dont worry, havent spent any. I got around 12 stacks that I will make a point to keep the market flooded for some time with cheap mats. My gift to all the people over pricing them.

12 stacks in 1 week. and then you wonder why the machine gets nerfed. I would say you really have trouble to get 1 stack through crew missions in 1 week...

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, one of these days you guys might want to send in game email polls, rather then basing decisions on the rants of a vocal minority. What I expect, prepare to see drops in your CM sales, now that people see that it is just a simple bait and switch.

LOL, christ. You're tragic.

Anyway, good move. It was desperately needed and if the shortsighted portion of this community had their way, the game would be dead in no time.

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

Well the slot machines are a waste to buy unless you need rep and are a complete waste for those of us that have the rep to begin with. I understand decreasing the drop rate but then increasing the chip amount by 250?? What for? You've already decreased the drop rate, especially on all scrap not just jawa, why increase the price?? One or the other would've sufficed.

12 stacks in 1 week. and then you wonder why the machine gets nerfed. I would say you really have trouble to get 1 stack through crew missions in 1 week...

That is nothing, going to drop some serious coin tonight, and try to double it. Everytime i see mats gomup a little in price, plan to flood the market. I am going to troll that sh€t.:)

Hey folks,

First, as Tait alluded to we will be having a maintenance tomorrow, on Wednesday the 21st. We didn't have our regular Tuesday maintenance due to the federal holiday here in the states. I wanted to let you know a few of the things coming in tomorrow’s patch:

• Item rarity borders will now show properly
  • No more getting stuck in Blood Hunt if someone dies to Jos or Valk Beroya
  • The Underlurker will no longer rush extremely quickly back to his target after leaping
  • There have been adjustments made to the Contraband Slot Machine (more on this in a second)
  • There is also one other fix, check the final patch notes for more info

Let’s talk about the changes coming to the Contraband Slot Machine. When we were going into 3.0.2, we wanted to make Grade 11 materials more accessible to more players than they were at the time. As you know, we simultaneously put in the Contraband Slot Machine, which afforded you a fairly good chance to get Jawa Junk and other Jawa vendor scrap parts. This had two effects:

• It had the risk of taking the Grade 11 material costs in the economy, in the long term, to a price below where we would like
  • It created a situation where it could be more profitable to completely ignore crew skills by use of the Slot Machine

With those in mind, we decided to make the following changes, which will be live tomorrow:

• The drop rate on all Jawa scraps, has been greatly reduced
  • The drop rate on Contraband Reputation items, has been increased
  • To insure that the Slot Machine is still an awesome item to strive for, we have added a faction specific walker mount as a very rare drop
  • Lastly, we have increased the cost of each Slot Machine coin from 500 to 750 credits. It was always our intent that the coin cost would increase over time as we add more Slot Machines that accept the coin

Thanks everyone!

-eric

For real? 750 credits instead of 500? I am fine with the Jawa Junk purples dropping rarer, but can you increase the drop rate of the green and blue ones?

And can you please add all Grade mats to the vendors, some are missing.

Well the slot machines are a waste to buy unless you need rep and are a complete waste for those of us that have the rep to begin with. I understand decreasing the drop rate but then increasing the chip amount by 250?? What for? You've already decreased the drop rate, especially on all scrap not just jawa, why increase the price?? One or the other would've sufficed.

yes a complete waist, I have over 300 certs......yeah what could I possible get for those.

That is nothing, going to drop some serious coin tonight, and try to double it. Everytime i see mats gomup a little in price, plan to flood the market. I am going to troll that sh€t.:)

well if you sell them cheap enough, i might buy them all and make a lot of profit in 1-2 months with them. thanks in advance!

This does not solve the problem of potential abusers of the slot machines (macros/bots).

Instead of changing drop rates, there should have been simply a legacy-wide weekly cap on the slot machine.

Actually, it does solve potential abuse quite handily.

First of all, the cost to click goes up. Second of all, the "vendorable reputation" drops are reduced. Third of all, the most valuable item (jawa junk) drop rate is reduced.

What this means, is that using the slot machine will suddenly become a significant credit sink, and the cost-per-purple mat will no longer better than the cost getting them through crew skills.

Quite a a lot of changes for an unscheduled maintenance, nice to see the dev team has been hard at work. :)

Also, it's good to see that the chip prices only increased a little bit and that you still intend the slot machines to be viable. Looking forward to the walker mount!

Hey folks,

First, as Tait alluded to we will be having a maintenance tomorrow, on Wednesday the 21st. We didn't have our regular Tuesday maintenance due to the federal holiday here in the states. I wanted to let you know a few of the things coming in tomorrow’s patch:

• Item rarity borders will now show properly
  • No more getting stuck in Blood Hunt if someone dies to Jos or Valk Beroya
  • The Underlurker will no longer rush extremely quickly back to his target after leaping
  • There have been adjustments made to the Contraband Slot Machine (more on this in a second)
  • There is also one other fix, check the final patch notes for more info

Let’s talk about the changes coming to the Contraband Slot Machine. When we were going into 3.0.2, we wanted to make Grade 11 materials more accessible to more players than they were at the time. As you know, we simultaneously put in the Contraband Slot Machine, which afforded you a fairly good chance to get Jawa Junk and other Jawa vendor scrap parts. This had two effects:

• It had the risk of taking the Grade 11 material costs in the economy, in the long term, to a price below where we would like
  • It created a situation where it could be more profitable to completely ignore crew skills by use of the Slot Machine

With those in mind, we decided to make the following changes, which will be live tomorrow:

• The drop rate on all Jawa scraps, has been greatly reduced
  • The drop rate on Contraband Reputation items, has been increased
  • To insure that the Slot Machine is still an awesome item to strive for, we have added a faction specific walker mount as a very rare drop
  • Lastly, we have increased the cost of each Slot Machine coin from 500 to 750 credits. It was always our intent that the coin cost would increase over time as we add more Slot Machines that accept the coin

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Yall should also put crew skill requirements on the jawa vendors to buy certain materials

the jawa junk needs to drop really rarely and the mount has to be bound to the player or it will be used by macro'ers to do it 24/7

also they should put a limit on the machine to stop macroers, like 100 spins per day. this would encourage people to buy more slot machines.

Edited by comestbest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.