Merry Christmas, BioWare you failed.

EclipseUn

I won't defend Bioware. I am having fun now and enjoying the storyline but I don't see what is the hook to keep me as a paying subscriber. I will likely max out 1-2 classes and quit.

What I question is why do you take a corporate produced game so seriously. "Slapped in the face"? Seriously, its a game and not something worth being upset over. We all have jobs and real life issues if we really want to spend our leisure time being unhappy.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why this game has harcore defenders is because there are terrible whiners like the OP.

I mean seriously? Goes days without seeing anyone because of 5 minutes long story instances?

I read it has: I cant beat the heroic portions so i need more players to be there so i can ninja steal their kills and walk out with a grin. Many people love the fact that they can tackle the heroic quests without ******* trying to ruin their experience. DEAL WITH IT. It is far from gamebreaking.

Chat bubbles? Would be nice, game breaking? not at all.

All of the critics go in that vein. The OP is used to getting spoon fed gear in the mouth wich was what WoW has become. And he obviously is not used to having a story in an MMO.

In all truth any criticism to this game is not legitimate until someone has actually experienced the story (not spacebar spamming it), done all heroics and all raids. At that point you will know what you're talking aboput. Until then, all these critics are premature and born out of ignorance.

Edited by Nemmar

Well sure. Every game I ever loved had about 50 things that I also hated about it... Maybe some will get changed, maybe not. It's still fun though. *shrugs*

The forums of other games have conditioned me to automatically ignore the opinions of anyone who claims they feel like they've been SLAPPED IN THE FACE. It's invariably followed by ridiculous hyperbole and whinging.

I'm quoting this because I want to get another giant "slapped in the face" into this thread. :D

Edited by Saporah

You guys would have hated vanilla WoW.

The problem with this is though, WoW was by far superior to any other MMO when it was released. The same can not be said of SWTOR. Times have changed, far more people play MMORPGs now and when there are other alternatives which provides better gameplay than a new release, a lot of people won't do a permanent move to the new game, especially if they are already "set" in their other game.

While people have different reasons for liking or disliking a game, it's too easy to simply disregard all their concerns by saying they're a hater. This game has a lot going for it, but it's also lacking in several areas. It should be in everybody's interest in improving the game, but this is not accomplished if all concerns on the forums are being shut down by people who are too emotionally invested to have an objective view on the game.

I'm hoping we'll see a lot of changes within this first month, otherwise a lot of people will move on when their free month is over.

I've waited for this game for so long and have followed it since the day it was announced. Id have dreams about what the game would be like and made plans for what my character's name would be and stuff well before we even had a video. Many years later finally my dream game comes out and I feel like I've been SLAPPED IN THE *********** FACE

Don't get me wrong; this game just got released, and has many awesome points(as well as fail points)

1. Instancing
    Seriously, What the hell is up with this? I recall them saying instancing was only for launch and on origin worlds but you can go DAYS without seeing another player.
  2. Lack of chat bubble option
    They are needed for many reasons; such as being able to see who is saying what easily; You really screwed RP players with that. Its awkward RPing or chating with a group of people you're standing around; this makes /say & /yell useless. There are many threads on this matter so I don't need to explain why chat bubbles are vital without dragging on
  3. Not being able to explore
    I know this isn't a sandbox but isn't WoW a theme park also? I certainly never felt confined in WoW, but in SWTOR it literially like all you can do is go forward and back. It's like playing a Sonic the Hedgehog game or The Force Unleashed; It's basically "If you wanna progress GO FORWARD!! if you want to go back to something then press the down arrow key =D!!"
  4. The First 'M' in MMORPG
    Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. SWTOR is more like KOTOR with an online function. I've seen Nintendo DS games with the same functions as this- You need help during your game? Go online using wifi and get help! Games like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon utilize features like having help during your story line quest; and they certainly aren't MMORPGs
  5. Freedom
    Need I say more? We are on a set path that BioWare set up for us to complete the game so we can reroll and shut up for 1600+ hours
  6. Heroic and Flash Points are pure win and EPIC
    Just wish it was possible to find a group to do them. Finding a group in this instanced game is a task and many more would agree. This is a very anti-social and desolate universe I see? It makes you want to spam General Chat until someone even answers(If you're lucky enough to be on a planet with people)

Excuse me for any typos I may have made, and no I don't hate the game- It just has so much potential and can be AMAZING if only a few tweaks were made.

This game is a like a child who has the potential to get straight A's in school but refuses to due to whatever reason.

And to all the "Don't play the game than no one is forcing you"; Yes I am being forced to play-Mentally at least; Why & How? Because I paid for the game, Waited years for this game, bought a new rig for this game, If I simply rage and quit i'll be the loser in the end; Plus the game is actually GREAT; these missing features just PISS me off because again this game has so much potential.

Agreed. This is how I felt with the game also. The game is VERY empty. Its simply playing KOTOR but once in a while you see someone running by or you party up for a Heroic. But its very single player like game hardly massive.

Love the game but it definitely needs less instancing, especially to bring some love to the open world pvp =/ Then again I don't think SWTOR is really a PvP game.. too many knockback, stuns etc.

I've waited for this game for so long and have followed it since the day it was announced. Id have dreams about what the game would be like and made plans for what my character's name would be and stuff well before we even had a video. Many years later finally my dream game comes out and I feel like I've been SLAPPED IN THE *********** FACE

Don't get me wrong; this game just got released, and has many awesome points(as well as fail points)

1. Instancing
    Seriously, What the hell is up with this? I recall them saying instancing was only for launch and on origin worlds but you can go DAYS without seeing another player.
    They are needed for many reasons; such as being able to see who is saying what easily; You really screwed RP players with that. Its awkward RPing or chating with a group of people you're standing around; this makes /say & /yell useless. There are many threads on this matter so I don't need to explain why chat bubbles are vital without dragging on
    I know this isn't a sandbox but isn't WoW a theme park also? I certainly never felt confined in WoW, but in SWTOR it literially like all you can do is go forward and back. It's like playing a Sonic the Hedgehog game or The Force Unleashed; It's basically "If you wanna progress GO FORWARD!! if you want to go back to something then press the down arrow key =D!!"
    Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. SWTOR is more like KOTOR with an online function. I've seen Nintendo DS games with the same functions as this- You need help during your game? Go online using wifi and get help! Games like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon utilize features like having help during your story line quest; and they certainly aren't MMORPGs
  5. Freedom
    Need I say more? We are on a set path that BioWare set up for us to complete the game so we can reroll and shut up for 1600+ hours
    Just wish it was possible to find a group to do them. Finding a group in this instanced game is a task and many more would agree. This is a very anti-social and desolate universe I see? It makes you want to spam General Chat until someone even answers(If you're lucky enough to be on a planet with people)

Excuse me for any typos I may have made, and no I don't hate the game- It just has so much potential and can be AMAZING if only a few tweaks were made.

This game is a like a child who has the potential to get straight A's in school but refuses to due to whatever reason.

And to all the "Don't play the game than no one is forcing you"; Yes I am being forced to play-Mentally at least; Why & How? Because I paid for the game, Waited years for this game, bought a new rig for this game, If I simply rage and quit i'll be the loser in the end; Plus the game is actually GREAT; these missing features just PISS me off because again this game has so much potential.

*In a deep voice*

Noooooo!!!! YOU HAVE FAILED!!!!*shoots lightning*

I agree in a way though.

Edited by KngOfTheWorldMB

[*]Not being able to explore

This!

I can just shake my head, why there is an inbuild maphack. This takes away like at least 30% of the game atmosphere.

Very very "lame" game design decision, seriously very weak...

I have never played an mmo in the 14 years I have been playing them where I liked 100% of the game, but I have also never set my expections to high either, it's one of those things not all games are for everyone, I enjoy the game, for what it is, sure I have personal preferences that I would like to see in the game, and since it is not tailer made for me, not much I can do about that. /shrug

These are going to kill SWTOR after the ooohhh and aaaahhhh's have died down. Eye candy only goes so far. Even as a theme park many of the 17 worlds/moons/whatever could have been left open world so people could explore, grind, hunt, gather resources. Having everyone in the same areas just sucks. This is STAR WARS it needs to be epic. These maps so far that i have seen are not epic.

This game is so restrictive its not funny. This will be a game killer for me if its not expanded upon.

Other issues like non-tiered pvp is a major problem. Level 35+ fighting with lvl 10-15 is just insane. Yeah we get bolstered, but we dont have the skills higher leveled players do. We should be excluded from pvp warzones. RIFT has tiered pvp and it works great. Yeah i can kill a higher leveled player 1v1, but i take such a beating most times fighting someone 20 levels above my character. Need to keeo levels close 10-19,20-29, 30-39, etc.....

For a game "polished" so long, many features, explorable area, and so much is missing. I do not with TOR to fail, but i see great issues for content later on having everything confined and no room to explore.

Hope things change, to many these issues are not good.

agree, also agree with OP. I'm just hoping, SWtoR will goes to the right direction with updates, not like SWG anno with CU and NGE, when SOE just lied us, made more and more crap things, and when mayor community left the game, they said, everything is fine, players likes what we are doing...

Edited by Dwighty

i agree with the points posted at the start of this thread. however lets hope that they do plan on making changes once we get to cap level. we can sit here and judge this and that but lets get some decent amounts of players at 50 and see what they implement as far as changes. the no LFG channel thing sucks and yes no chat bubble is really annoying.

1. dungeon finder? eh im kind of skeptical about this since you have the option to solo level i believe its place is more to level with friends and others. which is great for now but what happens when we all hit 50 and are doing endgame stuff and less players are going to be around at the lower levels to help one another?

2. macros is what gets me in this game. how can you have none bioware?

3. FPS meter? this might be changeable later when customization for ui's come out for download (maybe there are some now havent looked to busy lvling) but the fact that there is none is kind of annoying.

Edited by XfunkymusicX

Slap in the face? Why? Because BioWare didn't come to your house and ask what would make you happy in their game? I've been playing since last December, and I'm still having a blast like it was new. You've got points to make, and if you plan on subbing for a while, you have every right to make those points - just do it constructively instead of throwing a tantrum.

For the record, I could quite happily continue playing this game if none of your gripes were ever added.

This!

I can just shake my head, why there is an inbuild maphack. This takes away like at least 30% of the game atmosphere.

Very very "lame" game design decision, seriously very weak...

Ironically, if they hadn't implemented it, people would be whining that such 'an important feature of modern MMOs' hadn't been included...

There are maybe ten people crying on the forums there are hundreds of thousands of players that never come anywhere near the forums and are happily playing.

The disconnect here is those few that are crying can't comprehend that every MMO need not be made specifically for them.

If you are not having fun leave, it really is that simple.

I saw the exact same comment over and over again on the WOW forums at the beginning of the year soon after the launch of Cata. Since then that game dropped 2 million subs and is still falling like a rock. So I would not take that thought to the bank.

To me swtor is a great game. Yes it does have problems and still needs more work, but it has the legs to go the distance. I do see what is missing, but I also see things that ar e there that are not in other mmos that I have played.

I see one big difference between swtor and my time in WOW that will make the differencce in the end. In WOW, after the launch of Cata, the deves were contemptuous of people who went to the forums and complained. Fanboys attacked and CMs wiped thread after thread, deleted posts, and banned people. LOL, I got a ban for asking why they were deleting so many threads. There was an attitude of contempt for the customer; we are WOW and you are not so shut up and sit down. My feeling is that the devs and staff in swtor really care, don't have swollen egos, and are listening to feedback. Intellegent choices have to be made as to which points are valid and the timing involved n addressing them. But in the end, until I see different, I believe that BW cares and will do their best.

I haven't QQed (with one exception during the grace period flap and BW did listen to a point), but think that the crying does have a feedback value and should not be dismissed offhand. I also very much do not like people who tell other people to leave the game.

Edited by WingsofCrystal

1. Instancing

You're being dramatic, or you are playing on off peak hours on a low server. I have several characters (1-36) and frequently run into people, or at least have chat blossoming. Only planet that ever feels dead is Taris, but most reps go to the other planet first (cant think of name).

Bioware has expressed interest in developing more RP features. They already added more interaction (chairs) before launch after the last beta. Saying they failed due to not having a non-game breaking feature released at launch is moronic.

Because traveling all the way across Azshara was fun right!? I would rather their resources be devoted to content than extraneous zoning. Someone posted a thread with their distaste for tatooine not being endless. People don't comprehend how much energy and resources that would expend for something only a small minority would utilize. I liked the secrets in WoW that you could only reach by swimming halfway across a continent too, but is it honestly a big deal? Nope.

As I responded to your first point, I see people all the time, as do countless others. The vocal "majority" is not necessarily the actual majority. What level are you and what server do you play on? It could be you sped too fast through content and don't have many people your level yet (5 days after launch brah) OR you play on a lower populated server OR at off peak hours. Take your pick.

5. Freedom

Probably should say more, because I fail to see any point you are trying to make. Lack of content? Heh. Heheheh. This game has way more content than most games. Not as much as WoW to be sure, but then again wow has been around for almost a decade.

At most I've had to post a LFG in chat three times before I had a full party. People on the forums seem to forget an LFG tool exists and people do use it.

The game is good, but at the same time it could have been so much more. It should have been so much more, but its all we got. I will enjoy it till i get bored

You are talking in past tense? It is 5 freaking days after launch. Some people just seem to be... I won't type it you will get the point.