Galactic Starfighter Stats Records

Drakkolich

That's totally unexpected...

Drak, Mierin's avg damage and avg kills in a Flashfire are I believe slightly higher than the one you linked to. My KDR isn't as good (I think just under half), but then, as most people who fly with me often enough know, I'm good for 1-2 self destructs/match either via a bad Retro, or looking too far ahead and not really seeing the edge of a sat or rock I'm about to fly into (I like to cut corners pretty close). Back at work, so can't actually post screens, but I may when I get home tonight. Still, I thought it was interesting that over a similar number of games (113 for you, and Mierin's just a hair over 100), those stats were in line at least with yours. I honestly wasn't expecting that.

And I do believe that the win% and possible KDR will be dominated by teams. But I think the avg kills and the avg damage might be more "solo queue" friendly, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing who ends up being on those lists, and how they look in comparison to the KDR and win % lists.

The more I think about this list, the more I like it as an actual gauge of how good someone is. As several people have noted over time, the single match records tend to be dominated by oddball matches where you're solo queueing, have a not so great team, and the opposing team is not that great. I know most of my personal best matches performance-wise were in matches where I absolutely HAD to carry our team against a team that largely couldn't touch me in order to get the win. I've had a few games where I was outmatched, or my team was as a whole, and I got in the 20 kills 10 assists range, but those aren't the matches I tend to push 180-200 DPS and 30 kills.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see how it works out and if manipulating scores becomes too much of an issue it's still possible to delete the list and cancel the project.

I suggest making it ten spots in the overall categories, depending on participation.

Edited by Danalon

For the new record categories (also Drakolich, I went back and edited my previous post here for the first batch of records, so that they look prettier in your list, if you choose to recopy them).

Average Damage per Battle

Blackbolt

Runet'ryn'trael - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 63558.95 damage (100 games)

Rycer

Runet'ryn'trael - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 39804.44 damage (100 games)

Quarrel

Nemarus - <The Vigil> - The Ebon Hawk - 36238.71 damage (107 games)

Quell

Shayd - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 25561.43 damage (102 games)

Average Kills per Battle

Blackbolt

Runet'ryn'trael - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 16.01 kills per battle (100 games)

Rycer

Runet'ryn'trael - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 7.33 kills per battle (100 games)

Quarrel

Nemarus - <The Vigil> - The Ebon Hawk - 7.68 kills per battle (107 games)

Quell

Shayd - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 5.44 kills per battle (102 games)

I say we deal with the possible cheating bridge when/if it shows up. Unless the person is good, there will most likely be visual cues/relics that they manipulated their scorecard, and while I know some people may do it anyway, I never felt it became a problem or anything with the single match records. I'm pretty sure most, if not all of those records in the single match thread are legit.

Edit - As in, I agree with Danalon

Edited by nyghtrunner

Drak,

I keep a running plain-text tally and copy from there. I see you are already using quote liberally like I do, and

will start to end up in a lot of records by mistake :)

I also strongly suggest adding K+A or at least assists. I treat them basically the same

I fixed the links to overall records for me, and am adding the following missing ones:

Xi'ao - all ships - Domination - The Shadowlands - 11.01 average kills per battle

Xi'ao - all ships - Domination - The Shadowlands - 48635.95 average damage per battle

Xi'ao - Bloodmark - Domination - The Shadowlands - 5.27 average kills per battle

Xi'ao - Bloodmark - Domination - The Shadowlands - 23,375.63 average damage per battle

Xi'ao - Blackbolt - Domination - The Shadowlands - 7.80 average kills per battle

Xi'ao - Blackbolt - Domination - The Shadowlands - 33,562.66 average damage per battle

Xi'ao - Legion - Domination - The Shadowlands - 5.05 average kills per battle

Xi'ao - Legion - Domination - The Shadowlands - 29,055.24 average damage per battle

Xi'ao - Rycer - Domination - The Shadowlands - 8.07 average kills per battle

Xi'ao - Rycer - Domination - The Shadowlands - 36,520.69 average damage per battle

Xi'ao - Imperium - Domination - The Shadowlands - 6.06 average kills per battle

Xi'ao - Imperium - Domination - The Shadowlands - 24,706.42 average damage per battle

Xi'ao - Razorwire - Domination - The Shadowlands - 69.44% win (256 matches)

Xi'ao - Razorwire - Domination - The Shadowlands - 4.50 KDR

Xi'ao - Razorwire - Domination - The Shadowlands - 5.57 average kills per battle

Xi'ao - Razorwire - Domination - The Shadowlands - 23,339.82 average damage per battle

Xi'ao - Mangler - Domination - The Shadowlands - 69.84% win (1416 matches)

Xi'ao - Mangler - Domination - The Shadowlands - 7.04 KDR

Xi'ao - Mangler - Domination - The Shadowlands - 11.43 average kills per battle

Xi'ao - Mangler - Domination - The Shadowlands - 52,106.64 average damage per battle

Xi'ao - Sting - Domination - The Shadowlands - 73.03% win (1120 matches)

Xi'ao - Sting - Domination - The Shadowlands - 4.51 KDR

Xi'ao - Sting - Domination - The Shadowlands - 9.27 average kills per battle

Xi'ao - Sting - Domination - The Shadowlands - 39,058.06 average damage per battle

Edited by Fractalsponge

Xi'ao - Mangler - Domination - The Shadowlands - 69.84% win (1416 matches)

Xi'ao - Mangler - Domination - The Shadowlands - 7.04 KDR

Xi'ao - Mangler - Domination - The Shadowlands - 11.43 average kills per battle

Xi'ao - Mangler - Domination - The Shadowlands - 52,106.64 average damage per battle

Xi'ao - Sting - Domination - The Shadowlands - 73.03% win (1416 matches)

Xi'ao - Sting - Domination - The Shadowlands - 4.51 KDR

Xi'ao - Sting - Domination - The Shadowlands - 9.27 average kills per battle

Xi'ao - Sting - Domination - The Shadowlands - 39,058.06 average damage per battle

Hey Xi'ao, the ones I quoted aren't working for me. One of the reasons I looked was because I noticed you had the same number of games for the Sting and the Mangler, and thought that might be a typo, so was going to note it. But when I tried to look, I just got 404s.

Edited by nyghtrunner

Alright everything is updated.

I really liked the idea of making the Overall category top 10 instead of 5 so I went ahead and did that.

I like the categories we have for now, I'm going to wait on adding more because as more people keep adding stuff I don't want everyone posting like 8 categories for each ship. Let's fill it out some more before we add more so I don't have to add everything in one shot. :)

@Nyghtrunner: What I found especially interesting is my SoloQ character's Average Damage/Kills were SO much higher then all my other characters. My Sting currently only has 90 games played on it so I'll probably knock out 10 games for fun this week on it. But last I checked my Average kills were 14 per battle and Damage was close to 60k per battle. Stats are so cool!

As a really funny record keeping aside. Putting : D next to each other makes this face :D .

Every record I forgot to put a space in front of the : , ended up being funny faces on the records last night. ><

Edited by Drakkolich

@Nyghtrunner: What I found especially interesting is my SoloQ character's Average Damage/Kills were SO much higher then all my other characters. My Sting currently only has 90 games played on it so I'll probably knock out 10 games for fun this week on it. But last I checked my Average kills were 14 per battle and Damage was close to 60k per battle. Stats are so cool!

It does make sense though, and largely because of what you opined in terms of running with a team. If it's you, Stasie, Verain, and Sanic, there's only so much damage and killing to go around. A similar situation would be to put Scrabs, Tommm, Leggo, and... Just toss a name out there... Sriia (my current TEH nemesis! :D), who gets the stats? There's no way Scrabs and Tommm are going to both pull 250DPS and get 25+ kills with Sriia and Leggo out there in Gunships. So the more you fly together with a team like that, sure, you'll get an absurd win%, but it does hamper the avg stats, which is one of the reasons I really like that you added those. I think it will end up giving a better idea of the overall picture. Especially when compared to the KDR and win %.

The stats part of this is indeed fun. :)

Nice idea Drako!

Overall

Xinthos - Nestinar - The Progenitor - 81.68 Win% (1900 games)

Xinthos - Nestinar - The Progenitor - 4.65 KDR (1900 games)

Xinthos - Nestinar - The Progenitor - 9.99 Average Kills per Battle (1900 games)

Xinthos - Nestinar - The Progenitor - 45174.15 Average Damage per Battle (1900 games)

S-13 Sting

Xinthos - Nestinar - The Progenitor - 80.43 Win% (685 games)

Xinthos - Nestinar - The Progenitor - 4.63 KDR (685 games)

Xinthos - Nestinar - The Progenitor - 8.86 Average Kills per Battle (685 games)

Xinthos - Nestinar - The Progenitor - 38682.67 Average Damage per Battle (685 games)

GSS-3 Mangler

Xinthos - Nestinar - The Progenitor - 67.01 Win% (570 games)

Xinthos - Nestinar - The Progenitor - 4.98 KDR (570 games)

Xinthos - Nestinar - The Progenitor - 10.01 Average Kills per Battle (570 games)

Xinthos - Nestinar - The Progenitor - 45890.59 Average Damage per Battle (570 games)

Aquilon-tune (Aquilon-tune) - Clarion- Carpe Noctem- Bastion- Kills per battle 6.11-Kills per battle 6.11 (251 battles)

Aquilon-tune (Aquilon-tune) - Clarion- Carpe Noctem- Bastion- Damage per battle- 28911.48 damage per battle(251 battles)

Overall

Aquilon-tune (Aquilon-tune) - Carpe Noctem- Bastion- Win% 79.15% (1,626 total battles)

Aquilon-tune (Aquilon-tune) - Carpe Noctem- Bastion- Average kills per battle 7.81 (1,626 total battles)

Aquilon-tune (Aquilon-tune) - Carpe Noctem- Bastion- Average Damage per battle 33156.39 (1,626 total battles)

Aquilon-tune (Aquilon-tune) - Carpe Noctem- Bastion- KDR 4.29 KDR 4.29 (1,626 total battles)

Aquilon-tune (Aquilon-tune) - Spearpoint- Carpe Noctem- Bastion- Win % 94.33%-

Aquilon-tune (Aquilon-tune) - Spearpoint- Carpe Noctem- Bastion- KDR 5.53-

Aquilon-tune (Aquilon-tune) - Pike- Carpe Noctem- Bastion- Win % 69.59% (809 battles)

Aquilon-tune (Aquilon-tune) - Pike- Carpe Noctem- Bastion- KDR 3.66 (809 battles)

Aquilon-tune (Aquilon-tune) - Pike- Carpe Noctem- Bastion- Average kills 7.48 (809 battles)

Aquilon-tune (Aquilon-tune) - Pike- Carpe Noctem- Bastion- Average damage 29563.14 (809 battles)

Edited by tunewalker

Overall

Runet'ryn'trael - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 82.12% Win (207 games)

Runet'ryn'trael - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 3.33 K/D ratio (207 games)

Runet'ryn'trael - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 51637.46 average damage per battle (207 games)

Runet'ryn'trael - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 11.52 average kills per battle (207 games)

It does make sense though, and largely because of what you opined in terms of running with a team. If it's you, Stasie, Verain, and Sanic, there's only so much damage and killing to go around. A similar situation would be to put Scrabs, Tommm, Leggo, and... Just toss a name out there... Sriia (my current TEH nemesis! :D), who gets the stats? There's no way Scrabs and Tommm are going to both pull 250DPS and get 25+ kills with Sriia and Leggo out there in Gunships. So the more you fly together with a team like that, sure, you'll get an absurd win%, but it does hamper the avg stats, which is one of the reasons I really like that you added those. I think it will end up giving a better idea of the overall picture. Especially when compared to the KDR and win %.

The stats part of this is indeed fun. :)

Funny that you mention that. I actually have a record posted from a dom where I had 220 dps and 37 kills against scrab with leggo on my team. Aimbot = leggo and toxic'pilot= scrab

http://i.imgur.com/naquwbH.jpg

As for my part, i havent been able to get in game but im going to post my ebon hawk toons stats because i have the most games on that toon.

Funny that you mention that. I actually have a record posted from a dom where I had 220 dps and 37 kills against scrab with leggo on my team. Aimbot = leggo and toxic'pilot= scrab

http://i.imgur.com/naquwbH.jpg

Well, I was more talking about having them both on your team, along with a Sriia or similar. And while you definitely got your stats in, and Aims had what looks like a solid game, no one else on your team was even close to doing anything special. I guess I'm just agreeing with Drak that in general, outside of extraordinary games, there are only so many stats to go around.

Still, that's pretty impressive. :D

And I truly am curious to see your screens.

Edit - That's also a hell of a kill streak.

Edited by nyghtrunner

Well, I was more talking about having them both on your team, along with a Sriia or similar. And while you definitely got your stats in, and Aims had what looks like a solid game, no one else on your team was even close to doing anything special. I guess I'm just agreeing with Drak that in general, outside of extraordinary games, there are only so many stats to go around.

Still, that's pretty impressive. :D

And I truly am curious to see your screens.

Edit - That's also a hell of a kill streak.

It's worth pointing out that even after multiple games of scrab vs Tom and I, scrab flies properly and RELENTLESSLY FOCUSES GSs, to the point where the GS has to devote an ample amount of awareness just to be aware of the intense focus while trying to get pop shots.

In matches like this one, if one player is being contained, it gives the other player the freedom to get the score. Had Tom been more focused on peeling (which his build isn't designed for), his stats would've rapidly deteriorated.

In matches where it's a 2-1, by isolating 1 pilot on each side, the team with two pilots still has someone else who can dish out the damage. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to figure out a way to manage super serious domination success :p

it's worth pointing out that even after multiple games of scrab vs tom and i, scrab flies properly and relentlessly focuses gss, to the point where the gs has to devote an ample amount of awareness just to be aware of the intense focus while trying to get pop shots.

In matches like this one, if one player is being contained, it gives the other player the freedom to get the score. Had tom been more focused on peeling (which his build isn't designed for), his stats would've rapidly deteriorated.

In matches where it's a 2-1, by isolating 1 pilot on each side, the team with two pilots still has someone else who can dish out the damage. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to figure out a way to manage super serious domination success :p

moar bomber

It's worth pointing out that even after multiple games of scrab vs Tom and I, scrab flies properly and RELENTLESSLY FOCUSES GSs, to the point where the GS has to devote an ample amount of awareness just to be aware of the intense focus while trying to get pop shots.

In matches like this one, if one player is being contained, it gives the other player the freedom to get the score. Had Tom been more focused on peeling (which his build isn't designed for), his stats would've rapidly deteriorated.

Don't disagree with anything you said. But I still think the point stands. We're looking at what effectively became a 2 v 1 scoreboard. Take that same scoreboard and make it 4 v 0. Or 4 v 1. Or even 4 v 2. There will always be an upper limit on the damage and kills that can be achieved in the match. The more very good pilots you have on your team, the more they will be fighting for stats.

I know there have been times where I've grouped up with you and Scrabs on JC, and even if I were trying really hard to get my stats in (which in that situation on JC, I'm probably not trying to do, and will be flying a Bloodmark or something), it gets to the point where things are just exploding all around me, and I don't have time to do much more than get a pot shot off or 2 on a target before someone else explodes the target. Those are the games I would get 30-35k damage, more assists, and fewer kills, but would most likely be well off of my general averages of 45k+ damage and 10+ kills (which is usually at the low end at this point in my career). We just reach a point where we're all "stealing" from each other. I don't care, because we win, and I have fun flying with you guys, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a 5-10-15% damage output stat drop the more you group with better people.

All of this started with Drak noting that he was really surprised that his SoloQ damage and kill stats were noticeably better than his stats with toons where he teams up with people a lot. This is just possible explanation for that discrepancy, because Drak is still Drak, regardless of whether he's flying solo, or with a group. So why the stat difference? I just think it stands to reason that it's because the good pilots are all fighting for their slices of the proverbial pie.

I used you, Scrabs, Tommm, and Sriia as another example of an extremely upper end team where a similar effect may happen. I certainly wasn't trying to slight any of you. You and Scrabs are two of the best pilots I know, and Tommm is one of the best I've seen (perhaps THE best I've seen in a T2 Scout). It's just a mathematical impossibility for even just the 3 of you to be on the same team, in the same TDM, and all get 20+ kills, because that's a baseline of 60 kills. Similarly, there's only so much damage that can be done to get to those 50 kills before the match ends.

That's all I was trying to say.

Edit - I guess maybe worth noting that in those games I'm thinking of where I've grouped with you and Scrabs, you guys still got solid stats. But I in my Bloodmark, if I'm remembering correctly, would get something more along the lines of a 3-9-1 (because there's always a self destruct) w/ 18k damage stat line. I'm in effect willingly giving up my slice of the pie to you and Scrabs. In part because I don't want to rub it in, but also in part because it's kind of fun to sit back and watch the 2 of you go to work.

Edited by nyghtrunner

Since none of us have egos here, I don't think anyone is going to feel slighted :) I largely posted that because it may not be obvious to the solo queuers why their win percentage drops (an equal number of close-skilled aces will effectively reduce their contributions) and in the event of having more aces than your opposition, chances are you'll win more often.

In THIS case, it was an example of what I just wrote above, but also it goes against the standard of thought where a team full of goods vs a team full of bads will have to share the overall damage dealt more. The inferences we can draw from these records and the records that exist as fringe cases are truly interesting and lead to a bunch of underlying information / contributing factors.

If only we got to the point where we have so many of these records that we can come up with almost certain outcomes and strategies from the beginning of the match, beyond just simple name recognition and ship count.

Since none of us have egos here, I don't think anyone is going to feel slighted :) I largely posted that because it may not be obvious to the solo queuers why their win percentage drops (an equal number of close-skilled aces will effectively reduce their contributions) and in the event of having more aces than your opposition, chances are you'll win more often.

In THIS case, it was an example of what I just wrote above, but also it goes against the standard of thought where a team full of goods vs a team full of bads will have to share the overall damage dealt more. The inferences we can draw from these records and the records that exist as fringe cases are truly interesting and lead to a bunch of underlying information / contributing factors.

If only we got to the point where we have so many of these records that we can come up with almost certain outcomes and strategies from the beginning of the match, beyond just simple name recognition and ship count.

I completely agree about the relationships between these records and the largely edge case single match records. I'm already somewhat surprised by some of the results, to be honest.

And just so we're clear... I don't have an ego. I just love how awesome I am. :D

For the whole "group vs Solo Q thing"

Solo Q is fine for records when its not Solo Qing against masses of good or decent players with bads on your team.

As for Aquilon... he is a mixed bag, about half games Solo Que, half games Group Que. About Half the games played are in a Type 2 strike and its what I learned in. So by that very nature I will not be surprised if my KDR, Kills per battle or especially my Damage per battle in the overall got snubbed soon.

Also has any one noticed a trend with all the "ship bests" there are very few with records that have over 200 games on a ship. Though a few stand outs happen (Gunships and scouts any one :p)

Also has any one noticed a trend with all the "ship bests" there are very few with records that have over 200 games on a ship. Though a few stand outs happen (Gunships and scouts any one :p)

In my case, the Despon I've played the most games on was the one I started learning GSF on and played him exclusively for a long time. On the ascent up the learning curve, there were a lot of bad matches and low damage totals. On my newer alts, I started out with my experience intact, so my damage averages in particular are higher on those characters, and I think will be even if I reach the same number of games I've played on my main. I'd expect most good pilots to have better personal performance stats on younger alts than on the one they used to learn GSF.

- Despon

In my case, the Despon I've played the most games on was the one I started learning GSF on and played him exclusively for a long time. On the ascent up the learning curve, there were a lot of bad matches and low damage totals. On my newer alts, I started out with my experience intact, so my damage averages in particular are higher on those characters, and I think will be even if I reach the same number of games I've played on my main. I'd expect most good pilots to have better personal performance stats on younger alts than on the one they used to learn GSF.

- Despon

This. I'll post some numbers later, but the above exactly matches the conclusion I reached yesterday while I was looking at these figures. My OG GSF guy (Bøbløblaw, for you JC folks) took the brunt of the steep learning curve, and his numbers reflect that. At this point I've played more games on newer alts, but Bøb's numbers are easily trumped even by my most recent guys - flying on barely half-mastered ships (and not qualifying for this thread because they don't have enough games played)

I play on too many alts to qualify for any of the ship categories. Here's a few for the general though.

Lunatick(Zen) - Overall - Eternal Dominion - Bastion - 49206.99 Avg. Dmg.

Lunatick(Zen) - Overall - Eternal Dominion - Bastion - 5.47 K/D

Lunatick(Zen) - Overall - Eternal Dominion - Bastion - 9.78 Avg. Kills

Xoid(Zen) - Overall - Eternal Dominion - Bastion - 84.21% W/L

All the above are mostly solo Q toons.

I was surprised that my best stats were on Lunatick, whom I made to play mostly strike games. Only mastered ship on him is the Rycer with about 90 of his 145 games played as a Rycer. :confused:

~Zen

Edited by zvbm
Fixed formatting.