Galactic Starfighter Stats Records

Drakkolich

Posting for Tommsunb

Overall:

Xiao'Prime (Tommsunb) - EbonHawk - 6.15 KDR (702 games)

Xiao'Prime (Tommsunb) - EbonHawk - 16.56 Average Kills per Battle (702 games)

Xiao'Prime (Tommsunb) - EbonHawk - 7.84 Average Assists per Battle (702 games)

Xiao'Prime (Tommsunb) - EbonHawk - 68999.55 Average Damage per Battle (702 games)

Otoshimono (Tommsunb) - The Progenitor - 86.61 Win% (127 games)

Otoshimono (Tommsunb) - The Progenitor - 58.64 Accuracy % (127 games)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall

Butane'blaster-Unrelenting-Red Eclipse http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag21/Jonathan_Sieben/Screenshot_2015-04-06_10_34_41_860225_zps9whtwzi7.jpg

Not computer savvy but this is for Win Loss ratio.

Butane'Blaster- Unrelenting- Red Eclipse-96.55 win loss ratio overall

No problem, what I'm going to do is change it myself to the normal entries. You can see how I made the entry by hitting quote for future reference.

Butane'blaster - Unrelenting - Red Eclipse - 96.55 Win/Loss Ratio (348 games)

So Tommsunb just finished 100 games on his Bastion character and is updating his records already.

Overall

Tensai-Hikoushi (Tommsunb) - The Bastion - 88 Win% (100 games)

Tensai-Hikoushi (Tommsunb) - The Bastion - 7.32 KDR (100 games)

Tensai-Hikoushi (Tommsunb) - The Bastion - 18.38 Average Kills per Battle (100 games)

Tensai-Hikoushi (Tommsunb) - The Bastion - 71724.51 Average Damage per Battle (100 games)

Sting

Tensai-Hikoushi (Tommsunb) - The Bastion - 88 Win% (100 games)

Tensai-Hikoushi (Tommsunb) - The Bastion - 7.32 KDR (100 games)

Tensai-Hikoushi (Tommsunb) - The Bastion - 18.38 Average Kills per Battle (100 games)

Tensai-Hikoushi (Tommsunb) - The Bastion - 71724.51 Average Damage per Battle (100 games)

Edited by Drakkolich

I fully respect his average damage total there, but there should be some caveat attached to that one since it's pretty clear he transferred to Bastion with a mastered Sting and played all 100 games with it. That's a pretty big advantage over starting stock and building up the ships from scratch in terms of having maximum performance. I certainly won't argue that it's not an impressive total, though.

I'd be interested to see what my totals would be like if I took the last 100 games I played with a mastered gunship, if we had the capability to do that.

- Despon

Edited by caederon

Stats don't reset when you transfer servers, so I'm not sure what you mean.

He wanted to let you know that about 70 of the 100 games on that character were played on Jung-MA.

Oh, I stand corrected then. I have never transferred a character. That's interesting. Hats off to him, then. That's a great total.

- Despon

• 3 weeks later...
I'd have some additional entries if I could stick to fewer alts (I have several contenders for the same slot at just under 100 games) but I guess they'll get there in time.

As Despon noted earlier, the newer the alt, the better the numbers; I can literally see the progress from character to character. My newest guys (not yet eligible) are putting up better numbers than those above.

Quoting myself - so along these lines, I just finished running through 100 games on an alt I had never GSFed with prior to this experiment. Here, I was going purely for damage numbers, all on GS, starting from stock. It was kinda fun. Here are the results:

Overall - qualifies for #1 damage, #7 for kills, #2 for assists, #1 accuracy

Eddiebrøck - Imperial Entanglements - Jedi Covenant - 74,306.45 damage

Eddiebrøck - Imperial Entanglements - Jedi Covenant - 11.22 average kills per battle

Eddiebrøck - Imperial Entanglements - Jedi Covenant - 12.11 average assists per battle

Eddiebrøck - Imperial Entanglements - Jedi Covenant - 73.74% accuracy

Gunship - Mangler/Quarrel - qualifies for #1 damage, #5 for kills, #1 for assists, #1 accuracy

Eddiebrøck - Imperial Entanglements - Jedi Covenant - 74,306.45 damage

Eddiebrøck - Imperial Entanglements - Jedi Covenant - 11.22 average kills per battle

Eddiebrøck - Imperial Entanglements - Jedi Covenant - 12.11 average assists per battle

Eddiebrøck - Imperial Entanglements - Jedi Covenant - 73.74% accuracy

TøbiasFünke gets kicked off wherever he's listed currently.

I think I can improve on these numbers, since the Mangler wasn't mastered until game 84, and I've definitely had much better numbers over the second half of this run (as you'd expect). So I'll probably keep using this guy for a while to see what happens.

This was a completely silly thing to do, but it amused me. The worst thing about it was the fact that I couldn't allow myself to have mercy on the opposition, ever; there were multiple lopsided matches in which I was just ioning anything and everything in range solely to accrue stats, which, at times, felt like kicking puppies. So apologies to my fellow JCers for putting up with these shenanigans. And apologies to nyghtrunner, with whom I was engaged in a friendly competition - which, I believe, I won (though I don't think he's finished his 100 games yet). But to be fair, I have like 3000 games in a GS and he has...I don't know, maybe 200...so if I couldn't win this, I probably should have just hung up the flight suit.

Edited by MaximilianPower

And apologies to nyghtrunner, with whom I was engaged in a friendly competition - which, I believe, I won (though I don't think he's finished his 100 games yet). But to be fair, I have like 3000 games in a GS and he has...I don't know, maybe 200...so if I couldn't win this, I probably should have just hung up the flight suit.

No need to apologize, dude! Although I feel you on the whole "no holds barred" thing... It's kinda why I ended up adding a nearly stock blackbolt to the bar... Some matches, I just can't justify killing lemmings...

We haven't talked about it in game recently, but I'd have to have a pretty sick run over the last 45 games or so to beat you in damage with Miko. I'm at work, so can't verify, but I believe she's sitting on something like:

64.5k Damage

11 Kills

12.5 Assists

63.9% Accuracy

You might actually be ahead of me in both kills and assists, but I know it's close.

As for the number of games in a GS... I kinda started down the true GS route with Semirhage on JC, but kinda quit playing with her when I made Vorfelan, whose sole purpose was to learn the GS and bombers, and finish off my 100% achievements without people knowing it was me... I guess I kinda got noticed, so he was no longer really incognito, but about 40 games in, something "clicked", and my stats went up in general by an order of magnitude on a GS. Even had my first ever 30 kill game in a GS the other day. At around the 40 match mark, I was sitting on like 5-9-40k-52% with Vorf. With I think 16 matches left to 100, he's now at 9-13-58k-62%.

I've got well over 250 games in a GS at this point, but you're probably pretty close on that 200 approximation when it comes to sitting down and actually trying to fly/learn one. A lot of my initial games in a GS were on a double missile Jurg/Condor, and those that weren't... Well, let's just say Graendahl's GS line is a solid 3-6-25k with an insanely amazing 1.94 KDR (or some such nonsense). I used to pull out a gunship when I needed to "go easy" on the competition. :D

Anyway... I've still got ~45 games to get that last 10k damage avg. ;) And I WILL beat you in assists, and possibly kills. :D

EDIT - And in all seriousness, those are some pretty sick overall stats, dude. And I'll also note that I think you could push that kills total a good bit higher if you were truly ruthless. I've seen you fly.

Edited by nyghtrunner

This was a completely silly thing to do, but it amused me. The worst thing about it was the fact that I couldn't allow myself to have mercy on the opposition, ever; there were multiple lopsided matches in which I was just ioning anything and everything in range solely to accrue stats

Those are some pretty terrific totals, nicely done. I've actually been pushing my Harbinger Despon on T1 gs lately and have his avg. damage at 69700. The problem is I didn't start shooting for stats on him until after he'd already had 100 battles, and in the early ones I'm pretty sure I was switching ships in-match situationally, which kills average damage stats. He has ~190 battles now, so it's harder to bump the totals up. I can definitely get over 70k, but it seems unlikely I'd catch up to you unless you give up the records chase on that character. I might have better luck with POT5 Despon, whose T1 gs is at ~64k after 70 battles, not quite mastered yet.

I'll echo that it really does require a level of relentless aggression to keep up those numbers. The thing I dread most is taking the gs out in a team that ends up on the winning side of a lopsided domination match. Then I'm scrambling to find stuff to shoot while the match speeds to a quick end.

- Despon

I'll echo that it really does require a level of relentless aggression to keep up those numbers. The thing I dread most is taking the gs out in a team that ends up on the winning side of a lopsided domination match. Then I'm scrambling to find stuff to shoot while the match speeds to a quick end.

- Despon

While I will agree that aggression is part of it, I wouldn't say its endless, in fact a good way to keep up those kind of numbers is being defensive in close quarters with burst lasers, dealing with bombers as top priority targets even over gunships.

Those are some pretty terrific totals, nicely done. I've actually been pushing my Harbinger Despon on T1 gs lately and have his avg. damage at 69700. The problem is I didn't start shooting for stats on him until after he'd already had 100 battles, and in the early ones I'm pretty sure I was switching ships in-match situationally, which kills average damage stats. He has ~190 battles now, so it's harder to bump the totals up. I can definitely get over 70k, but it seems unlikely I'd catch up to you unless you give up the records chase on that character. I might have better luck with POT5 Despon, whose T1 gs is at ~64k after 70 battles, not quite mastered yet.

- Despon

Thanks Despon. In an odd twist of fate, game #101 (played immediately after I posted those numbers) was a backfill into a 989-100 match; I didn't even have time to get off a single shot. So I took a big fat zero there, and in a matter of seconds, those averages dropped - not insignificantly. I thought it was sorta funny, but I would have been considerably less amused had that been game #100 and not #101. I've played a bunch since then and gotten things back where they were when I posted (more or less).

In general, I did find myself playing a little differently...not ever putting a win in jeopardy, but doing things like repeatedly ioning a 3rd satellite after we'd safely capped 2 - rather than attempting to actually take it. And frequently putting myself in jeopardy/taking risks that I wouldn't normally otherwise hazard. You'll note I didn't post my kdr, which is far from recordworthy (3.56, not awful but not great) because deaths just didn't really matter here - especially if there was a convenient beacon to spawn back to. Suicide runs (like, with DOs) became par for the course.

And re: the bolded - yes, absolutely. And I came to dread Denon, as nyghtrunner & I have discussed. It is just so hard to rack up big numbers on that map, particularly (as you noted) in a lopsided match. In those situations, I found myself constantly/frantically seeking out targets, whereas on any other alt I'd just be content to sit & guard. I'm not sure I've ever broken 100k on that map.

As an aside, it'd be nice to see battle record viewable by game mode and/or by map. I think that would be interesting.

While I will agree that aggression is part of it, I wouldn't say its endless, in fact a good way to keep up those kind of numbers is being defensive in close quarters with burst lasers, dealing with bombers as top priority targets even over gunships.

I can see that. Not viable in a GS of course, but along these lines, I did gravitate towards bombers maybe a little more than usual. Big, fat, juicy high-hp targets.

I came to dread Denon, as nyghtrunner & I have discussed. It is just so hard to rack up big numbers on that map,

Interesting. I think this is pretty dependent on server trends and population. On Harbinger, Denon matches that aren't blowouts usually feature a lot of bombers. Most of the time, if I'm flying gunship I'll cap A and by then a few enemy bombers are probably circling B... and the Harbinger bomber brigades seem undeterred by being repeatedly ion'd into irrelevance. They often don't have a backup plan, and keep on keeping on. That said, it's definitely trickier to put up damage numbers when there are fewer pilots (or very disorganized ones) on that map, given the distances concerned and the limited mobility in the gunship.

I wish we had more data on the various stats for all levels of pilots. I think it would tell us a lot about GSF if we looked beyond the upper crust of statistical achievement. Where does the 'average' pilot really fall, and what kind of distribution is there between top scorers, midlevel, and the bottom? How does it correlate with number of matches flown (in total, across servers)? What are the differences between pilot skill on various servers, and is it too fluid a situation to be meaningful? We can make reasonable guesses based on anecdotal data, but it would be pretty interesting to see it all laid out in hard numbers. Add 'deep statistical analysis' to the list of 'stuff we'll never see from the devs,' I guess.

- Despon

Interesting. I think this is pretty dependent on server trends and population. On Harbinger, Denon matches that aren't blowouts usually feature a lot of bombers. Most of the time, if I'm flying gunship I'll cap A and by then a few enemy bombers are probably circling B... and the Harbinger bomber brigades seem undeterred by being repeatedly ion'd into irrelevance. They often don't have a backup plan, and keep on keeping on. That said, it's definitely trickier to put up damage numbers when there are fewer pilots (or very disorganized ones) on that map, given the distances concerned and the limited mobility in the gunship.

I wish we had more data on the various stats for all levels of pilots. I think it would tell us a lot about GSF if we looked beyond the upper crust of statistical achievement. Where does the 'average' pilot really fall, and what kind of distribution is there between top scorers, midlevel, and the bottom? How does it correlate with number of matches flown (in total, across servers)? What are the differences between pilot skill on various servers, and is it too fluid a situation to be meaningful? We can make reasonable guesses based on anecdotal data, but it would be pretty interesting to see it all laid out in hard numbers. Add 'deep statistical analysis' to the list of 'stuff we'll never see from the devs,' I guess.

- Despon

I think the problem on JC with Denon falls into a few categories, and each time you're in that map, you run into one of them (although they're in some ways related):

1. One or the other team ends up being disorganized, and spread out all over, which sometimes leads to having to "hunt" for damage and kills.
  2. The games is quickly a 3-cap, and as such, the game is over quickly. This one actually complicates the first point, because there have been games where I literally go from one end to the other and back, and ran into only 1 target.
  3. It ends up being a lopsided match, where sometimes the only truly good pilot on your side is you, and you're facing 4-6 good to ace pilots in opposition who all know you. In those matches, I can get sometimes something like 9-7-50k, but I usually die 5-6+ times because I'm the only real threat on our side, and the enemy largely knows it.

It's not that the stats are "bad", per se, just that it can be really difficult getting enough in your sights to keep up with the leaderboard, so Denon seems to almost always end up in a net loss in stats, even if it is sometimes marginal.

JC rarely fields true premades, so it's usually a lot less organized than some of the other servers I've been on, and I sorta think Denon makes that characteristic more noticeable. It's my perception, and I could be wrong, but that's how it "feels".

Gunship (Mangler)

Despon - Harbinger - 70047.43 Average damage per/battle (191 battles)

Despon - Harbinger - 12.03 Average kills per/battle (191 battles)

Despon - Harbinger - 12.47 Average assists per/battle (191 battles)

What do you think the ceiling is on T1 gs average damage per battle? Even if you were really selective about the matches you flew it in, it seems like anything over 80k would require a tremendous amount of luck just to have favorable conditions often enough to hit that high.

- Despon

Gunship (Mangler)

What do you think the ceiling is on T1 gs average damage per battle? Even if you were really selective about the matches you flew it in, it seems like anything over 80k would require a tremendous amount of luck just to have favorable conditions often enough to hit that high.

- Despon

Depends on the server, every server has a different meta, it might be easiest on Jung Ma because for some silly reason a large portion of the population thinks that scouts suck so there's a pretty high amount of damage you can do per battle. Whereas conversely I'd say Bastion probably has lower damage you can do per battle but more kills, on jung ma my average was 17.1 kills and about 75k and when i transferred that character to Bastion in 20 games it climbed to 18.x kills but fell to about 71k

Edited by tommmsunb

Gunship (Mangler)

- Despon

Great numbers, especially considering you didn't start out shooting for numbers (so to speak) - which is all I've done with the guy I posted above.

Re: a ceiling for the T1 GS - over the past few days I've continued on with this guy, and after game 100 I've been getting close to 80k/game (well, 78.5k). Only 30 games, so small sample size caveats, and there were some outliers in there (like a backfill where I did 0 damage), but I think 80k is certainly within reach. Though, agreed, anything beyond that would require some luck.

I think maybe if I:

1) started with mastered GS (or close);

2) restricted myself to shipyards only (generally speaking it seems easiest to maintain high damage on this map, at least for me, and I rarely have a truly "bad" game here); and

3) was selective about who I grouped with, if grouping at all (wouldn't want to be paired with other high damage dealers, yet I'd still want some competent support)

...with a little luck, I could do a bit better, maybe 85k-90k. But I can't imagine anything higher than that.

I'd like to see somebody prove me wrong.

I tentatively put my own records forward =D

Cedwic - Quell - Eclipse Squadron - Ebon Hawk - 75.42 Win % (118 Games)

Cedwic - Quell - Eclipse Squadron - Ebon Hawk - 2.74 Kill/Death Ratio (118 Games)

Cedwic - Quell - Eclipse Squadron - Ebon Hawk - 5.66 Kills Per Battle (118 Games)

Cedwic - Quell - Eclipse Squadron - Ebon Hawk - 27,717.89 Average Damage Per Battle (118 Games)

Cedwic - Quell - Eclipse Squadron - Ebon Hawk - 5.7 Average Assists per Battle (118 Games)