Conquest

Silenceo

Regarding leaders real quick, perhaps a leveling system would be useful? Leaders can gain levels as the game goes based on certain actions that they do. Like, say you work out an agreement with a nearby system, that can level up their diplomacy skill.

Just a thought I wanted to put out before I go to bed. Not sure I saw it or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LzkUNR5sYQs#t=28

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See how my math plays out Sil, I think I worked it out properly. I'm liking my fleet if I can get it the way I PM'd you.

Only the one error that I saw, though yes that ship would qualify for that formula. After it is worked out and such, feel free to post it here unless you want it to remain secret. :D

Some quick changes, added the DP20 frigate and I'm using Aurbere's precalculated tally for that of 2880 per ship and dropped 2 of the Strikes.

I now have 503 TwinTails, 150 Scimitars, 277 Blastboats, 40 DP20's, 8 Strikes, and 1 Kandosii-type

Kandosii-Type: 1360x350 (rounded up from 340) = 476,000x.9 for archaic = 428,400

(*archaic includes upgraded targeting/sensor/etc... systems, up from ancient)

and 8 Advanced Strike-class medium cruisers with reinforced modules, so 356,400 for all 8.

450x90= 40,500x1.1= 44,550 x8 = 356,400

The upgrades are reinforcing the module's armor, better tech.

That brings total left for fighters to 215,200

State of the Art X-83 TwinTail starfighter *54 x503= 27,162

(*upgrade is that a X-83 is essentially a massively upgraded X-wing with top of the line everything)

Scimitar Assault Bomber 14x5 = 70 x150 = 10,500

leaving 177,548

Skiprays Blastboats 225 x277 = 62,325

DP20 2880x40= 115,200

leaving me with a grand total of 23 unused.

Fear these ungodly numbers :p

Edited by StarSquirrel

So Ill get started on my fleet soon. Perhaps anybody knows some frigatte/cruiser sized ships that would fit well into a Mandalorian style fleet, because Im kinda stuck on that right now. Of course they dont have to BE Mandalorian, just kind have a similar feeling.

So this system really favors smaller ships.

Let's be honest 10,000 defenders would obliterate 5 Harrowers, and 300 Harrowers would destroy an Executor with ease.

And the landing troops can be worked around... Either way, I think I've come up with a good fleet idea...

Let's be honest 10,000 defenders would obliterate 5 Harrowers, and 300 Harrowers would destroy an Executor with ease.

And the landing troops can be worked around... Either way, I think I've come up with a good fleet idea...

I think Sil did that to balance out what I originally sent him, which probably favored Larger ships to a degree... if he does feel it favors the small to much, there is always doing option B. Having the area as is, but also cant exceed a certain "length" by doing that smaller ships get limited much faster, as they will have a larger impact on your "max length" but a smaller impact on your "total Area"...

Edit: an example of what I mean is if he said "max length is 100,000" Max Area 1 Mil.

Using my faction I would have a total "length" of

1400+1100=2500+1900= 4,400

8x480= 7,040

52x60= 3,120

16x 264= 4,224

11 x 360= 3,960

8x96 +20%= call it 800 for ease of my use....

add it all up

call it 20k+ 4,400.... around 24,400

So even if he limited it down to 25k, or 50k my faction would still be fine, but as easily seen, a majority of the Length comes from the smaller ships, while the majority of the Area comes from the larger.

Edited by tunewalker

I noticed that too. Though I think a blended approach is the best approach.

Curious to see what you came up with!

So some more questions, Sil:

1. Could you maybe photoshop a map of the galaxy to roughly outline the territory controlled by the various NPC factions?

2. Are you yourself participating or are you only going to be the Arbiter?

3. Are our factions independent like in the Kaggath or do we have complete control over them?

1. Could you maybe photoshop a map of the galaxy to roughly outline the territory controlled by the various NPC factions?

3. Are our factions independent like in the Kaggath or do we have complete control over them?

I can answer the second, He is only going to be arbiter. He said earlier that if he were to have a faction in it, he would have WAY to large a benefit even if he tried not to. As such he will only control NPC's and NOT control an actual faction I mean....

Edit: any suggestions on Imperial ships with good hyperdrives that will fit in the last 100k, or last 46k,,,

Edited by tunewalker

I can answer the second, He is only going to be arbiter. He said earlier that if he were to have a faction in it, he would have WAY to large a benefit even if he tried not to. As such he will only control NPC's and NOT control an actual faction I mean....

Edit: any suggestions on Imperial ships with good hyperdrives that will fit in the last 100k, or last 46k,,,

Here's a couple.

Lancer-class frigate

Cost 17100

Hyperdrive 1.0

Carrack-class light cruiser (2 versions to choose from)

Cost 25200

Hyperdrive 1.0

1. Eeeeeh, that wouldn't end well... Besides, people would then use that to avoid early conflict. :rolleyes: Perhaps after it has started.

2. I really wish I could. But as it stands, it would be severely unbalanced since I would know EVERYTHING about every single faction, yet no one would know a single thing about mine except the ship I chose. Which is why I chose the route of the arbiter getting to control NPC's and performing balancing acts. Also less bias that way.

3. You have direct control over them through your Leader character. If he gets killed, if you had a line of succession the next one takes over with his different attributes/stats and such. If not... the faction splinters and you take control of one piece of it.

Oh, and yes it is meant to favor small ships. :p

Well, if we're creating leader characters, we may as well create characters for succession as well.

Get this guy a cookie!

Though as I briefly mentioned earlier, in order to get more characters for commanders or specials and such, you will need an academy. Meaning in the beginning the faction is very vulnerable to splintering in the beginning, which is part of the purpose. However, most factions will get more characters soon enough and setup lines of succession. Has to be done manually though and PM'd.

So Ill get started on my fleet soon. Perhaps anybody knows some frigatte/cruiser sized ships that would fit well into a Mandalorian style fleet, because Im kinda stuck on that right now. Of course they dont have to BE Mandalorian, just kind have a similar feeling.

Could anybody help me with this? Because Im still kinda stuck. I just cant find ships I like.

I think the point is you can't work around landing troops Sel. So that you can't be "that person" and just get a fleet of exclusively fighters/freighters and win that way...

I think the point is you can't work around landing troops Sel. So that you can't be "that person" and just get a fleet of exclusively fighters/freighters and win that way...

Eh, I found a ship to do it.

Kind of obscure so I'll leave it, bit of a loophole. Doesn't really fit with my faction, so I won't use it and'll only shout it out if I see someone else take a fleet of it :p

Kind of obscure so I'll leave it, bit of a loophole. Doesn't really fit with my faction, so I won't use it and'll only shout it out if I see someone else take a fleet of it :p

Mind sending me a PM with it? I must know... :d_evil:

As for the low troop numbers of star fighters Star, that is the catch of fleets with a star fighter focus. :p They might decimate capital ships due to numbers, but those with capital ships will be lol'ing all the way to the bank as they capture planets muuuuuch faster.

lol I imagine there are a lot of loopholes... It'll probably have to be at Sil's discretion because I myself am slightly guilty of throwing in a lot of extra fighters...