Conquest

Silenceo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now your getting it! :d_cool:

Still, trying to figure out a way to do tech trees with so many different types of factions... Anyone have some thoughts?

Well, Galactic Battlegrounds had a pretty good one. You could probably find that online, but I can PM you about it if you need it.

While were at it, we should confront the Elephant in the room...

Schematics/training regiments/blueprints, essentially how you unlock new units other than what you start with. Any thoughts? Such things were not often common knowledge.

Schematics/training regiments/blueprints, essentially how you unlock new units other than what you start with. Any thoughts? Such things were not often common knowledge.

Unlocking ideas:

1. Researching -- standard strategy game stuff. Can be improved by certain buildings or tech, etc.

2. Stealing-- take known tech from other factions--either from intelligence or underworld contacts.

3. Time-- new stuff is automatically gained over times.

4. Trade--a part of diplomacy could be trading knowledge.

Those are somethings I've seen in games before.

In addition to Karadron's I think "related tech" should kind of be "common knowledge" for example, MC40's and MC30's for Aurbere's faction and other variants of MC80's should probably be "common knowledge for him. While things from the New class Modernization program, where most of my ships came from should probably be common knowledge for mine... that sort of thing.

Those that have Dreadnaughts, should probably be able to fairly easily access to Dreadnaught's "variants" so on and so forth... just my thoughts.

Edit: considering I just called mine a "pirate faction" you can already guess how I am going to be

Hint Hint... I am hireable. ;);)

Edited by tunewalker

Well, like I said in my message, schematic and blueprints can be gotten from worlds (shipyard, factory, etc.) that you control.

These NPCs... are they going to have armies and such? Will we have to engage them in order to claim a world or defend?

Also, I was thinking of something else that could be done. In Empire At War, sometimes you would receive missions from your faction leader. Every so often, the moderator could post a mission that people could accomplish for resources or to gain a world's allegiance, or something like that. Thoughts?

These NPCs... are they going to have armies and such? Will we have to engage them in order to claim a world or defend?

Also, I was thinking of something else that could be done. In Empire At War, sometimes you would receive missions from your faction leader. Every so often, the moderator could post a mission that people could accomplish for resources or to gain a world's allegiance, or something like that. Thoughts?

I missed that in Forces of Corruption.

Also: Do we get a starting world?

Get... out... OF.... MY! HEAAAADD!!!!! :mad::p

As for the NPC's, yes and maybe. War is not always the only option, remember.

Spoiling the goodies before they were even ripe Aurbere, for shame! :( Yes, the moderator would be giving missions that were tailored for each faction...

As for starting world, it could be changed, but so far the plan is to start with none. Otherwise people would try to get some ridiculous starting planet... You can start in an area of your choosing, but getting your planets is up to you guys. :rolleyes:

Get... out... OF.... MY! HEAAAADD!!!!! :mad::p

As for the NPC's, yes and maybe. War is not always the only option, remember.

Spoiling the goodies before they were even ripe Aurbere, for shame! :( Yes, the moderator would be giving missions that were tailored for each faction...

As for starting world, it could be changed, but so far the plan is to start with none. Otherwise people would try to get some ridiculous starting planet... You can start in an area of your choosing, but getting your planets is up to you guys. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for spoiling it! I didn't know!

Well, at least I'll be able to choose my starting area. Tactical mode engaged! :D

Perhaps, but I think the Light/Dark choice I mentioned has potential. Since Sil said there will be missions, that could alter the kinds of missions you get.

AGGRESSIVE STATEMENT: Droid Glare, engage... :d_evil::D_evil: :d_evil::D_evil: :d_evil:

STATEMENT: Indeed, I want people to choose where they start carefully, however, others will not know where each other are before it begins. Otherwise multiple could just spawn together and instant team up, forcing me to... Alleviate... some of their worlds with force's... :d_wink:

CLARIFICATION: That normally will not happen, but if they are suspiciously placed as such, I must act. :d_frown:

Edited by Silenceo

AGGRESSIVE STATEMENT: Droid Glare, engage... :d_evil::D_evil: :d_evil::D_evil: :d_evil:

STATEMENT: Indeed, I want people to choose where they start carefully, however, others will not know where each other are before it begins. Otherwise multiple could just spawn together and instant team up, forcing me to... Alleviate... some of their worlds with force's... :d_wink:

CLARIFICATION: That normally will not happen, but if they are suspiciously placed as such, I must act. :d_frown:

So we start with just our fleet but wherever we want?