Conquest

Silenceo

The numbers were only for force users in the Survival game silly. :p

As for designing a fleet, it is hard at first but once you understand the basics it can be quite easy. :d_grin: Feel free to PM me. Just remember, be as creative as you wish. Not sure if you guys have realized this yet, but there isn't exactly a rule against mixing factions... (Watches to see peoples reactions...) :p (Mercs and pirates usually mix anyways.):d_wink:

I tried a bit, see I have Hapan Fighters, with some New class, with some Redilli Freighters, with some OR fighters thrown in :D. Requirement was of course... Class 1 Hyperdrive or close to it....

I thought about picking up the Strike-class it just wasnt fast enough...

Edited by tunewalker

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried a bit, see I have Hapan Fighters, with some New class, with some Corellian Freighters, with some OR fighters thrown in :D. Requirement was of course... Class 1 Hyperdrive or close to it....

I'm not picky about speed, when my force moves you'd better vacate the area quickly. If someone bigger moves in, we can tank them to oblivion... At least that's my goal with this fleet.

I'm not picky about speed, when my force moves you'd better vacate the area quickly. If someone bigger moves in, we can tank them to oblivion... At least that's my goal with this fleet.

Hey sounds good I am sure every one has their way of doing, but this "pirate/ merc" isnt meant to tangle with big guns, at least not with out assistance, or a MASSIVE advantage.....

Seeing as there will be a fair amount of different skills for the leaders, why not have a set number of points for everyone to give their leader when we make them.

Like:

Leader Skills: Tactics, Diplomacy, Espionage, Research, Trade

Starting Points: 30

As a rough outline, perhaps:

Tactics:

- Offensive

- Defensive

- Skirmish

- Formations

- Exotic

Diplomacy:

- Doctrines

- Peace

- Agreements

- Exchanges

- Allies

Espionage:

- Intel

- Bribe

- Sabotage

- Assassination

- Infiltration

Research:

- Educated

- Modification

- Well-Funded

- Reverse Engineer

- Abstract Projects

Trade:

- Trade Agreements

- Resources

- Credits

- Gift

- Cooperation

As the broad categories, and sub-categories. Inside those would of course be more specifics. Open to suggestions ofc.

Tune, the thing to keep in mind is that, that would merely be the starting point allotment for Leaders. They could of course gain more just by surviving basically. A Pirate Lord is not trained in a day. :p

As for the separate types of tactics, indeed. Those would all be within the categories I listed there, but there could be separate categories for things such as star fighters and siege/long range. While they could have some of those tactics within the others, perhaps put the major ones within those.

As a rough outline, perhaps:

Tactics:

- Offensive

- Defensive

- Skirmish

- Formations

- Exotic

Diplomacy:

- Doctrines

- Peace

- Agreements

- Exchanges

- Allies

Espionage:

- Intel

- Bribe

- Sabotage

- Assassination

- Infiltration

Research:

- Educated

- Modification

- Well-Funded

- Reverse Engineer

- Abstract Projects

Trade:

- Trade Agreements

- Resources

- Credits

- Gift

- Cooperation

As the broad categories, and sub-categories. Inside those would of course be more specifics. Open to suggestions ofc.

I like this....

Just looking at it...

Tacitcs

Skirmish

Exotic

Diplomacy

Agreements

Exchange

Allies

Espionage

Intel

Bribe

Sabotage

Infiltration

Research

Modification

Reverse Engineer

Trade

Everything.....

I like this....

Just looking at it...

Tacitcs

Skirmish

Exotic

Diplomacy

Agreements

Exchange

Allies

Espionage

Intel

Bribe

Sabotage

Infiltration

Research

Modification

Reverse Engineer

Trade

Everything.....

How about for tactics' categories...

Space Tactics:

Star Fighters

Capital Ships

Strength

Deception

Skirmish

Exotic

Ground Tactics:

Siege

Field

Air

Skirmish

Mobility

Exotic

Edited by Silenceo

Space Tactics:

Star Fighters

Capital Ships

Strength

Deception

Skirmish

Exotic

Ground Tactics:

Siege

Field

Air

Skirmish

Mobility

Exotic

I like it, I LIKE IT ALOT..... this way you really personalize how your faction plays....

I am assuming we can make a "second in command" and so on and so forth for later portions of the game that will have "stats" that are "weaker" then our captain's.

Just make sure the starting points are still enough to ACTUALLY be functional :p.

Edited by tunewalker

Space Tactics:

Strength

Strength?

I think perhaps Discipline or Efficiency might be a better skill? Those would have more to do with the fleet's ability to pull off complicated maneuvers and would play well to those with a fleet where unique or precise tactics will be a major factor.

Edited by StarSquirrel

I like it, I LIKE IT ALOT..... this way you really personalize how your faction plays....

I am assuming we can make a "second in command" and so on and so forth for later portions of the game that will have "stats" that are "weaker" then our captain's.

Just make sure the starting points are still enough to ACTUALLY be functional :p.

For that you would need some Academies... *Whistles innocently* :d_wink:

Strength?

I think perhaps Discipline or Efficiency might be a better skill? Those would have more to do with the fleet's ability to pull off complicated maneuvers and would play well to those with a fleet where unique or precise tactics will be a major factor.

Discipline sounds like a good one....

Agreed, I couldn't really find a better term for it, but I had meant something similar to Disicpline, similar to how the Empire operated. Like the the rebels combo'd skirmish and starfighters, the Empire did Disicpline and Capital ships.

Space Tactics:

Star Fighters

Capital Ships

Discipline

Deception

Skirmish

Exotic

Ground Tactics:

Siege

Field

Air

Skirmish

Mobility

Exotic

Now, that leaves the other character stats.

Agreed, I couldn't really find a better term for it, but I had meant something similar to Disicpline, similar to how the Empire operated. Like the the rebels combo'd skirmish and starfighters, the Empire did Disicpline and Capital ships.

Space Tactics:

Star Fighters

Capital Ships

Discipline

Deception

Skirmish

Exotic

Ground Tactics:

Siege

Field

Air

Skirmish

Mobility

Exotic

Now, that leaves the other character stats.

I would argue, that Discipline I dont think would always work well with Exotic.... just my personal thought on it.

I would argue, that Discipline I dont think would always work well with Exotic.... just my personal thought on it.

Depends on how much they drilled and practiced for it. :p Exotic would include things such as stealth attacks, gravity use, boarding action *minorly exotic depending on era...*, mine fields, and other such things. Whereas Discipline would be very by the book such as formations, cohesion, efficiency, focus fire, and maintenance.

It would factor into their ability to pull off exotic tactics like micro-jumps and the like in my mind... but yeah perhaps not the most efficient selection.

It would factor into their ability to pull off exotic tactics like micro-jumps and the like in my mind... but yeah perhaps not the most efficient selection.

I mean in the respect that they would HAVE to have either a crud ton of discipline or I would think it would get in the way. As discipline can often mean they are used to doing something a very particular way, but then you go "unorthodox" on them and their "over training" kind of get in the way kind of thing... if you understand my meaning.

You need at least a little, but to much and your characters ability to think outside the box is a bit more difficult.

After all its not a question of your crew, its a question of YOU.

I mean in the respect that they would HAVE to have either a crud ton of discipline or I would think it would get in the way. As discipline can often mean they are used to doing something a very particular way, but then you go "unorthodox" on them and their "over training" kind of get in the way kind of thing... if you understand my meaning.

You need at least a little, but to much and your characters ability to think outside the box is a bit more difficult.

After all its not a question of your crew, its a question of YOU.

Thrawn would like a word. :p

So, as is, any suggestions regarding the two tactics sections? (space and ground)

Edited by Silenceo

Thrawn would like a word. :p

So, as is, any suggestions regarding the two tactics sections? (space and ground)

Thrawn is no mere Admiral or the like... we may aspire to be one, but it will take time... It will take A LOT of time. Like I said I would think you would need a lot of both.

Afterall your average Imperial Admiral had a problem because of that very reason. They were drilled time and again on how to do things, so the Unorthodox was what was suggested to be used.

Edit: honestly I wouldnt really call Thrawn "disciplined" I mean he is the only Admiral to ever tell the Emperor "No" and live.... He had a kick of defiance in him...

Edited by tunewalker

Thrawn is no mere Admiral or the like... we may aspire to be one, but it will take time... It will take A LOT of time. Like I said I would think you would need a lot of both.

*3 RL years later...*

*You have defeated the enemy fleet*

Congratulations! You have maxed out all tactics, and you shall now receive the title of...! *drumroll* THRAAAAAAWN!

Ofc, the game would never last that long... :rolleyes: Nor is it designed to even last 1/5 of that...

Side Note: Did you find a solution for that vessel Star?

Edited by Silenceo

*3 RL years later...*

*You have defeated the enemy fleet*

Congratulations! You have maxed out all tactics, and you shall now receive the title of...! *drumroll* THRAAAAAAWN!

Ofc, the game would never last that long... :rolleyes: Nor is it designed to even last 1/5 of that...

Check the edit :p.

He was so Disciplined, he knew that Palpatine was contradicting himself. ;) (I forgot what he said no about though...)

Perhaps a better phrase would be the Discipline he inspired in his men.

He said no to leading the Death Star to Yavin 4. He said that wasnt enough and it was to risky... he was right..... which is why he lived.

Edited by tunewalker

He said no to leading the Death Star to Yavin 4. He said that wasnt enough and it was to risky... he was right..... which is why he lived.

Weeeeelll... It was enough, its just Tarkin didn't use the forces proved. :( Curse his arrogance :mad:!

Regarding leaders real quick, perhaps a leveling system would be useful? Leaders can gain levels as the game goes based on certain actions that they do. Like, say you work out an agreement with a nearby system, that can level up their diplomacy skill.

Just a thought I wanted to put out before I go to bed. Not sure I saw it or not.