Conquest

Silenceo

Maybe its just me, but I dont really get this. The general concept sounds cool, but what are we really supposed to do? Is this supposed to essentially be a deathmatch of our factions or should we try to rewrite Star Wars history? Do other Star Wars factions exist? Who is leading our factions? How do we win/loose? What is the Arbiters faction? Is this supposed to be a strategy or a role-playing game? Many questions I have,

These be the questions I knew some one would have! :D Been waiting for someone to ask... :p

While I had intended for the history after Endor to play out during the course of the game, due to complications and issues with ordering the galactic scale events as well as how they might react, I decided to remove that portion meaning the galaxy does not have the factions from history. However, there will be NPC's that the "Overlord" (moderator) will control since they have no faction to ensure that no one has it too easy, or too hard.

At first look it is indeed a death match in the sense that it is the last one standing is the victor, but can be read between the lines is that conquest is not 100% required for victory. Basically as long as the galaxy is united in some form in the end, the match ends and a victor decided.

As for who leads the factions, another question I was waiting for someone to ask! :D In essence, the creator is directly in control. However, they would have a character that leads the faction in universe that must be protected. This is part of where assassinations come into play, as well as orders of succession. If the character dies, but say you set it up so the next highest ranking admiral took control, you would lose your character, but then basically become that admiral.

While that sounds like there is no loss to a leaders death, I assure you there will be hell to pay when such happens, stability challenged, and each commander will have different tactics and such. For example, if there was no order of succession like the Galactic Empire, it would fragment into pieces, with the player being able to take control of one, and need to reforge the Empire.

How you win/lose battles depends on the debating of the day that the fight is instigated. So if on day 1 two fleets moved to the same system, they would have options of what to do, one of which being battle. Meaning on day 2 that action would take effect and during day 2 people would argue for the sides after the Arbiter posted facts and variables about the battle. At the end of the day a decision is made and further options are given to the players as to what to do.

The Arbiter essentially has no faction, other wise they would basically have god mode in the start due to everyone's Intel agency level being 1, whereas everything would be going through them, allowing them unlimited knowledge. So, instead, the Arbiter's "faction" are the galaxies NPC's that they must use to challenge the factions all at the same time, fairly. So no, they won't be sending 2 Executors on day 6 to your home world. :p

As for what it is, its a bit of both. You role-play as the leader of your faction and go about it in your own way, be it diplomacy, domination, or ect, yet it is also a strategy game due to all of the variables and armies.

What other questions do you have? I can answer them all! :p

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are definetely clearer now. Thanks!

But I have more questions:

1. Can we modify ships or even create new ones?

2. What about force users?

3. How detailed can we outline the composition of our ground troops?

4. Can we use ships that other people are also using?

OK, my fleet is ready!

MC80 Home One type: 288,000 x 1 = 288,000

1,000,000 – 288,000 = 712,000

CR90 Corvette: 7290 x 20 = 145,800

712,000 – 145,800 = 566,200

Marauder-class corvette: 4,290 x 15 = 64,350

566,200 – 64,350 = 501,850

Acclamator-1: 2 x 172,960 = 345,920

501,850 – 345,920 = 155,930

DP20: 4,200 x 25 = 79,800

155,930 – (105,000) = 50,930

X-Wing: 45 x 325 = 14,625

50,930 – 14,625 = 36,305

B-Wing: 49 x 200 = 9,800

36,305 – 9,800 = 26,505

H-Wing: 146 x 105 = 15,330

26,505 – 15,330 = 11,175

A-Wing: 83 x 134 = 11,122

11,175 – 11,122 = 53

Lots of fighters! Yay! :D

Edited by Aurbere

Things are definetely clearer now. Thanks!

But I have more questions:

1. Can we modify ships or even create new ones?

2. What about force users?

3. How detailed can we outline the composition of our ground troops?

4. Can we use ships that other people are also using?

Keep them coming Dom'Rahn! :p

1. Yes, you can modify ships if you can afford it and have the tech and facilities for it. As for new ones... That one will need to be discussed among all of us first since it is such a tricky one. While I want to say yes, that may prove difficult and might be limited to just heavy personalizing of already existing ships.

2. Secrets, there must be! Or sabers around all, there will! In other words, yes, but I am not going to reveal how unless no one uncovers it a good deal in. The only way to have one at the start, is if your leader is one and that is only possible if you sacrifice other attributes such as leadership skills, less efficient starting tactics, and the like. Nor would they start all that powerful. Personally, I think a none force user is more useful at the start.

3. How detailed do you want? Basically the sky is the limit, as long as it fits aboard the ships you have chosen.

4. Yep. :p

For leaders, are we going to pick canon characters or make some?

I'm assuming the former, but I had to ask. :p

Make them, unless people overwhelmingly prefer to use cannon characters instead. Though, that kind messes with the flow...

Abit off an off topic, but who here has the TOR Campaign Guide? I need some info regarding Republic Troopers. NOT SpecForce, just regular troopers, like what they have in terms of equipment, training, etc.

You mean SWTOR Encyclopedia? Beni has it, I think.

So I got to thinking, what about Force Users? If we are doing away with leadership then sure it would make a nice change. However I am wondering about applying them as ground units, pilots and spies.

Didn't notice this one so I figured I would answer it now.

There are force users, but they are not easy to come by nor do they start off at ridiculous levels. I will not reveal how they come to join factions until I have given people a chance to figure it out for themselves since I do not want force users to be everywhere. Or as Windu said...

"We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers."

Sith... Well, they kill each other often. :p

A force user would be just like any other unit in that they would be able to fill any type of role in their own way, but they are extremely rare, and at the start the only way to have one is for it to be your leader/you. Nor would they be terribly strong at the start either, and would take hits to starting tactics and such depending on character details. Which is part of why I believe that in the beginning a none force sensitive leader is best, though long term a force using leader can grow into a power house as we have seen before.

Oh, and LadyKulvax, I have decided that the Malgus Harrowers are too strong to be used as starting vessels. Granted, if enough research and tech is done, as was done in the game, they could be unlocked much later on. Can't be letting people use exotic things such as that so early... (stealth on small ships isn't too bad, but on star destroyers...) :p

Hope that doesn't disrupt too much. :(

Edited by Silenceo

Well just give me what you have, if anything. There be a debate involving them and I just wanna see what is what.

Yeh I saw it, (KMC Right?) couldn't be bothered to get into it but basically the Hope trailer troopers are SpecForce.

Well, if Jedi can be leaders, then I would probably make mine a Jedi, just to fit with the overall feel of the faction that I want to go for. Basically a faction just trying to survive without drawing too much attention and making friends whenever it can.

Kinda like me, to be honest! :D