Conquest

Silenceo

Alright, rough outline for tech trees thanks to the suggestions from both Pm and thread:

(Inept) Tech 1:

(1 Per model) Armor Upgrade: Durability

(1 Per model) Thruster Upgrade: Speed

(1 Per model) Weapon Upgrade: Fire Rate

(1 Per model) Weapon Upgrade: Damage

(Research *repeatable*) Fighter model

(Research *repeatable*) Bomber model

(Research *repeatable*) Transport model

(Research *repeatable*) Corvette model

(Research *repeatable*) Small Space Station Model

(Basic) Tech 2:

(Research *repeatable*) Frigate model

(Research *repeatable*) Small/Medium Carrier model

(Research *repeatable*) Medium Space Station model

(Good) Tech 3:

(Research *repeatable*) Cruiser model

(Research *repeatable*) Heavy Cruiser model

(Research *repeatable*) Large Space Station model

(Research *repeatable*) Space Utility Equipment model

(Advanced) Tech 4:

(Research *repeatable*) Star Destroyer model

(Research *repeatable*) Battle Station model

(Research *repeatable*) Space Defense model

(Exotic) Tech 5:

(Research *repeatable*) Battlecruiser model

(Research *repeatable*) Dreadnaught model

It is still quite basic, but serving as a base I am sure we can come up with the rest. Keep in mind each different faction type will have some unique tech, that while the other types can get eventually, it will come to them much easier. For example, a GE like faction would have trouble learning Guerrilla warfare, but if given enough time, could learn it. Unlike the Rebels that Guerrilla warfare would come easy, but formations and Imperial tactics would be hard for them to grasp.

Edited by Silenceo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreadnaughts?

Guess I know what I'm pushing for. :p

Anyway, looks good so far. I think, for those armor and weapon upgrades, we could have them be in-universe. For example, a weapon upgrade can be from a standard blaster rifle like the DC-15 to the DC-17. Or, for armor, you can go from plastoid to durasteel, or something.

Not that you have to do it, but it would be neat.

*Cancels PM*

:(

Well Aurbere, I won't stop it from happening... But it is more of a, when I see it, the danger level in that zone escalates... :p

Though I was considering doing that type of upgrade with the materials used Aurbere, though I was also considering putting that as a permanent option. For example, lets say Militia just have a uniform, basic troops have jump suits, and standard troops have low grade battle armor.

After researching battle armor, you could still buy the lower tiers at the price they were before, but the new kind is added to the options as slightly more expensive. Mostly this is to give people the option to have some equipped very well, whereas if they still need to conserve credits but need bodies, the lower tiers still are available for less cost. Savvy?

Edited by Silenceo

Well Aurbere, I won't stop it from happening... But it is more of a, when I see it, the danger level in that zone escalates... :p

Though I was considering doing that type of upgrade with the materials used Aurbere, though I was also considering putting that as a permanent option. For example, lets say Militia just have a uniform, standard troops have jump suits, and standard troops have low grade battle armor.

After researching battle armor, you could still buy the lower tiers at the price they were before, but the new kind is added to the options as slightly more expensive. Mostly this is to give people the option to have some equipped very well, whereas if they still need to conserve credits but need bodies, the lower tiers still are available for less cost. Savvy?

I savvy.

I can handle threats. That's what the troll shields are for! :p

I savvy.

I can handle threats. That's what the troll shields are for! :p

Sure, for your flagship. The rest? Not so lucky... :d_evil: But yeah, it is ill-advised to try and group up from the very start.

Side Note: There are actually a few things much more painful than the tech trees to deal with... I have to do maths for the initial NPC forces in the starting territory... *Looks left, and then right* Or I could just guesstimate... :p

After Thought: Oh, and before you start getting ideas of spawning over Coruscant: Don't. Each area has varying NPC strength levels and those in the core... Well, lets just say I don't want people dead on day 1... :(

Edited by Silenceo

Sure, for your flagship. The rest? Not so lucky... :d_evil: But yeah, it is ill-advised to try and group up from the very start.

Side Note: There are actually a few things much more painful than the tech trees to deal with... I have to do maths for the initial NPC forces in the starting territory... *Looks left, and then right* Or I could just guesstimate... :p

After Thought: Oh, and before you start getting ideas of spawning over Coruscant: Don't. Each area has varying NPC strength levels and those in the core... Well, lets just say I don't want people dead on day 1... :(

Yeah, I'm betting NPC difficulty goes up the closer you get to the Core Worlds.

Yeah, I'm betting NPC difficulty goes up the closer you get to the Core Worlds.

A hint to you all, the NPC factions are:

GE

SE

Rebels

Republic

Pirates

Blacksun

Old Republic

Mercenaries

and a few others.

Take solace in the fact that they do not play nicely together... :p

Edited by Silenceo

GE

SI

Rebels

Republic

Pirates

Blacksun

Old Republic

Mercenaries

and a few others.

SI is what exactly?

And no Hutts?

GE

SE

Rebels

Republic

Pirates

Blacksun

Old Republic

Mercenaries

and a few others.

This will be interesting. Can't wait to see what they do!

They will all behave as they have in the
. Prepare...

Looking at the "crime penalty" they could be crime bonuses for any faction that controls that is a "criminal faction" and for places that done have crime it becomes a "penalty" for those crime factions.

I am thinking more Merc/ Pirate then acutall just pirate.... Also I am assuming my ships are alright and I can start doing small tweaks yes? And or specifeing certain variants....

Change your factions all you want, but know that once the game begins, it is all locked. (It doesn't begin until at least after the IDD is done with the Kaggath. :p) As for tweaks, go ahead.

Side Note: Interesting Tune, might just make that a thing...

Edited by Silenceo

So besides military tech is there also going to be intelligence and economy oriented stuff too?

Aye.

Intel will help decide what details concerning other players you will be privy to when faced against their own intel agency.

Eco will not mess with build speeds (since that would ruin everything) but perhaps cost decreases or available construction slots like on shipyards.

Also will be a Utility tree, faction tree *In order to learn other factions you must first get to a certain point with your own, and learning other faction stuff will take a long time*, and general stuff all will have access to.

Only the military has a rough draft so far.

Why not use our Nerdiest format for creating leaders? We are all used to it and I think it would be an ample choice for balance, just add say tactical abilities or some such.

True, but would have to drastically decrease starting stats since they would grow throughout the match.

Tactical abilities I am not quite sure how to do yet, since I need to gather known tactics and categorize them... I would be thankful if you guys could help me there since I know I can't find them all by myself. :( :( :(

I'm not one with the math, but I'm certainly interested and with work and school being very slow for the next month I forsee a lot of free time. I think I'll begin developing a fleet, Sil I'll be PMing you a lot about the numbers till I get the hang of it.

Also, I fell out of the Nerdiest stuff before the numbers system went into place but I think I'll catch up on that later.

True, but would have to drastically decrease starting stats since they would grow throughout the match.

Tactical abilities I am not quite sure how to do yet, since I need to gather known tactics and categorize them... I would be thankful if you guys could help me there since I know I can't find them all by myself. :( :( :(

Seeing as there will be a fair amount of different skills for the leaders, why not have a set number of points for everyone to give their leader when we make them.

Like:

Leader Skills: Tactics, Diplomacy, Espionage, Research, Trade

Starting Points: 30

I'm not one with the math, but I'm certainly interested and with work and school being very slow for the next month I forsee a lot of free time. I think I'll begin developing a fleet, Sil I'll be PMing you a lot about the numbers till I get the hang of it.

Also, I fell out of the Nerdiest stuff before the numbers system went into place but I think I'll catch up on that later.

The numbers were only for force users in the Survival game silly. :p

As for designing a fleet, it is hard at first but once you understand the basics it can be quite easy. :d_grin: Feel free to PM me. Just remember, be as creative as you wish. Not sure if you guys have realized this yet, but there isn't exactly a rule against mixing factions... (Watches to see peoples reactions...) :p (Mercs and pirates usually mix anyways.):d_wink:

Edited by Silenceo

Seeing as there will be a fair amount of different skills for the leaders, why not have a set number of points for everyone to give their leader when we make them.

Like:

Leader Skills: Tactics, Diplomacy, Espionage, Research, Trade

Starting Points: 30

You add force to that, and I have a problem.... My captain needs like all of that, a good pirate has to be a good business man, diplomacy, trade, espionage, and tactics are all mandatory... research would be nice, but.... I guess I can always just steal tech with Espionage, but that means I have to wait for people to develop it AND I still have to have enough research to make it useable for my faction... GAH, that would be rough.... but I do like the idea of "different tactics catagories"

such as geurilla tactics. Starfighter manuevers tactics. Capship Maneuvers tactics. War space advanced tactics. Space Siege tactics. Space Artillery Tactics... so on and so forth... havent even gotten to ground tactics yet.