40,000 - 8,800 × 3 = 13,600

X -70B Phantom-class Prototype = 7,520. ×1

13,600 - 7,520 = 6080

Mark VI Supremacy Starfighter = 24. ×190

6080 - 4560 = 1520

B-28 Extinction-class bomber = 60. × 25

1520 - 1500 = 20

Total Area Used: 999,980

Interesting. How did you classify each tech wise? Also a little curious why so few fighter craft. *since Harrowers can carry so many I mean*

Other than that, size wise it all appears to be in order. Though the Terminus does bug me since it is called a Destroyer. They ain't never seen a REAL destroyer! :rolleyes: Jokes aside, looks quite well put together.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fleet:

Three Harrower Dreadnoughts with medium complements, supported by two Terminus Destroyers, three Fury Interceptors and a Phantom-class Prototype.

The Math:

Harrower-class Dreadnought = 280,000. × 3

1,000,000 - 280,000 × 3 = 160,000

Terminus-class Destroyer = 60,000. × 2

160,000 - 60,000 × 2 = 40,000

Fury-class Imperial Interceptor = 8,800. ×3

40,000 - 8,800 × 3 = 13,600

X -70B Phantom-class Prototype = 7,520. ×1

13,600 - 7,520 = 6080

Mark VI Supremacy Starfighter = 24. ×190

6080 - 4560 = 1520

B-28 Extinction-class bomber = 60. × 25

1520 - 1500 = 20

Total Area Used: 999,980

Nice fleet, even nicer concept Sil!

Will work on mine after work.

I figured that the immense capabilities of the three Fury class ships augmented with a state-of-the-art stealth ship was worth the decrease.

EDIT: Sil, can I take Malgus' modified Harrowers over regular ones? probably OP but thought I would ask.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Nice fleet, even nicer concept Sil!

Will work on mine after work.

Thank you Sel. :o :o :o :o :o

I am glad everyone is enjoying fleet building so much considering that is only the beginning phase... Though, it is NOT ready to start yet as I said. Still got some details to work out such as research and tech advancement.

I figured that the immense capabilities of the three Fury class ships augmented with a state-of-the-art stealth ship was worth the decrease.

I see, interesting indeed. Though, I was a bit flabbergasted by the numbers I got on that mock fleet I made on page one when I did star fighter numbers...

1 ISD MK II

4 Strike-class cruisers

10 tartans

With 59,000 left over. If I put that all into fighters, and a TIE Defender was classified as Advanced *since while they were great, there were star fighters with higher tech than they* I ended up getting 633.6999. And they all have hyperdrives... So it would be:

1 ISD MK II

4 Strikes

10 Tartans

633 TIE Defenders

With 65.168 left over. Not the most fearsome fleet, but that many TIE Defenders early on... Havoc there would be! Keeping in mind of course, that the "Overlord" can not make their own faction. :p Just manage NPC's... :d_evil:

EDIT: Sil, can I take Malgus' modified Harrowers over regular ones? probably OP but thought I would ask.

Depends on what that entails, and it would require some shuffling of course. Currently they are classified as what? Standard so 0% change?

Edited by Silenceo

Yes it is at 0% right now as by SOR even Nox's Silencer Fleet is beginning to lag behind tech wise and I realise I'd likely have to lose my terminus destroyers for the 60% increase, but me loves a stealth fleet.

Sel, because Terminus destroyers get stomped by anything equivalent to a Valor and Harrowers are amazing dreadnoughts.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Yes it is at 0% right now as by SOR even Nox's Silencer Fleet is beginning to lag behind tech wise and I realise I'd likely have to lose my terminus destroyers for the 60% increase, but me loves a stealth fleet.

Yeah, that Silencer update saddened me... :( All I want is my big ole fleet destroyers dang it! :p

As for the stealth tech on the harrowers... hmm... Though 280,000x3x1.2 would be a hefty 20% increase... I feel this should be an item discussed first due to the sheer firepower those ships had. Makes me almost want to add a *Alien Tech* category for 30%... :p Kidding!... Kinda... :D

Btw, fun fact, my main is an Assassin that really favors the Silencer program, and yet my forum name is Silenceo...

Im confused why even take Harrowers at the moment, surely 4 Terminus's and a **** load of fighters...

Ikr? The key difference being that early on if you rely on fighters too much you will not have many ground troops to deploy which will slow your capture of territory, and fighters tend to die a lot easier than capital ships.

Side Note: If you used only TIE Defenders, you could achieve more than 10,000 of them. Talk about a fighter swarm. Though, I think I know what sort of fleet you will be trying Sel. :rolleyes:

After Thought: The cost of an Executor using this method is mind boggling... Upwards of 100 million... Which is good. :D

Edited by Silenceo

Yeah, that Silencer update saddened me... :( All I want is my big ole fleet destroyers dang it! :p

As for the stealth tech on the harrowers... hmm... Though 280,000x3x1.2 would be a hefty 20% increase... I feel this should be an item discussed first due to the sheer firepower those ships had. Makes me almost want to add a *Alien Tech* category for 30%... :p Kidding!... Kinda... :D

Btw, fun fact, my main is an Assassin that really favors the Silencer program, and yet my forum name is Silenceo...

Well I think going all-out on tech is fine, just make it very expensive and time-consuming

Harrowers are very powerful indeed but a 20% increase in space consumption is an incredible cost by itself to pay.

Probably should include a *tech is universal* rule so that it is only the quality that changes *in terms of archaic and such*. Though, that would mean the ranking would have more to do with how up-to-date the ships tech is than anything else... Another topic I am sure we can tackle. :p

I don't think this should be for this, this isn't a Kaggath here and having tech be universal kinda makes particular planets rather moot for interesting scenarios. There are backwater worlds with low tech, making all tech equal just seems like a bad idea, Otherwise, there's gonna be no point in creativity with battles and any thug would be able to kill anyone, even if he had something as archaic as a slugthrower and troopers had state of the art armor.

The only thing I would be fine with, is blasters having modern tibanna cartridges in their weapons for the player's troopers only due to the gas wittling down to doing **** against later armor that was designed because the gas was a mere 50 years old and it wouldn't be fair, if someone chose troops from the Kotor era and them being stuck with 3k+ year old gas cartridges.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't think this should be for this, this isn't a Kaggath here and having tech be universal kinda makes particular planets rather moot for interesting scenarios. There are backwater worlds with low tech, making all tech equal just seems like a bad idea, Otherwise, there's gonna be no point in creativity with battles and any thug would be able to kill anyone, even if he had something as archaic as a slugthrower and troopers had state of the art armor.

A

The only thing I would be fine with, is blasters having modern tibanna cartridges in their weapons for the player's troopers only due to the gas wittling down to doing **** against later armor that was designed because the gas was a mere 50 years old and it wouldn't be fair, if someone chose troops from the Kotor era and them being stuck with 3k+ year old gas cartridges.

Again you don't seem to understand how the tech rule works.

It does nothing about producing worlds or factories, doesn't even out companies or any of that. It also doesn't make a Harrower the same as an Interdictor simply due to size.

All it does is increase weapon strength and shield strength to match that of later star destroyers, simply because otherwise a fleet of a thousand Interdictors could not even scratch an Imperious.

Again you don't seem to understand how the tech rule works.

It does nothing about producing worlds or factories, doesn't even out companies or any of that. It also doesn't make a Harrower the same as an Interdictor simply due to size.

All it does is increase weapon strength and shield strength to match that of later star destroyers, simply because otherwise a fleet of a thousand Interdictors could not even scratch an Imperious.

That seems like it makes ships and the like the same if it increases weapon and shield strength. I never said that about producing worlds or factories, in fact I was saying just what you were saying, the increase in power of blasters and the like.

What I'm saying, is to not have this rule for the galaxy as a whole. Meaning, power wise, if troopers are on some backwater world, they aren't gonna have issue with primitive slugthrowers, unless they aren't wearing any armor. Or archaic molecular weaponry.

But /shrug, eh just my thoughts, I won't be involved in this cause my sub is gonna run out any day...so do what ya folks want.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Edit: For ease of seeing again

Total Ships

6 Providence-class carrier/destroyer

4 Majestic (126,000 x4)

2 Carrack-class ( 25,200 x4)

2 Carrack-class Advanced Sensors, and Stealth systems, advanced Comms, Security)

2 Corona (19,800 x4)

2 Corona Advanced Sensors, and Stealth systems, advanced Comms, Security)

2 CR90 Config includes Class 1 HD 6 Dual Turbo, 4 Laser, 2 Ion, crew 140, passengers 400, Cargo 2,000 Metric ton, Advanced Sensors, and Stealth systems, advanced Comms, Security)

2 CR90 Config includes Class 1 HD 6 Dual Turbo, 4 Laser, 2 Ion, crew 140, passengers 400, Cargo 2,000 Metric to

4 Modified Assassin ( 9,240 x 8)

4 Modified Assassin Advanced Sensors, and Stealth systems, advanced Comms, Security)

2 Warrior (14,25 x 4)

2 Warrior Advanced Sensors, and Stealth systems, advanced Comms, Security)

4 Agave (14,250 x 4)

10 YZ-775 (936 x 20)

10 YZ-775 (Advanced Sensors, and Stealth systems, advanced Comms, Security)

10 GR-75 Medium Transport (Modified with weapons, shields and armor and class 1 hyperdrive Advanced Sensors, and Stealth systems, advanced Comms, Security)

15 GR-75 Medium Transport (Modified with weapons, shields and armor and class 1 hyperdrive)

132 K-wing (160 x 132)

72 Ft-7B Clarion (45 x72)

156 Ft-6 Pike (45 x156)

60 FT-8 Star Gaurd (45x 60)

144 Miy'til Standard (54 x 156)

96 Miy'til Command (64.8 x 84)

With around 38 Ok now I am sure I am done...

Edit

Total Heavy Cruiser: 4

Total Frigate: 8

Total Combat Corvette: 16

Total recon: 4

Total Frieghters: 20

Total Fighters: 55 Squads

Hangar Space 32 squads :D I am happy.

Edited by tunewalker

Tune, might classify Agave as advanced at the least due to their hyperdrive as well as their stealth tech.

Not really sure what to classify the Corona as though... Nebulon-B's were pretty good and it was their predecessor...

Edited by Silenceo

Tune, might classify Agave as advanced at the least due to their hyperdrive as well as their stealth tech.

Not really sure what to classify the Corona as though... Nebulon-B's were pretty good and it was their predecessor...

I would argue the Agave's as Standard because they give up A LOT of armament and defenses for both those things. They WERE built on the same Hull as Warriors and they didnt really take longer to build. It was bassically a "recon" ship just as much as it was a picket ship.

I still call Corona standard as well. They honestly werent as long lived as the Nebulon-B's to be perfectly honest.

Edit: if oyu look at the Agave's armament and then look at the 775, they have about the same armament, Tells you a lot about how much it gave up to be a good recon ship.

Edit 2: Agave Role(s)

Reconnaissance

Its kind of mandatory for a primarily recon vessel to do its job with out being detected.

Edited by tunewalker

I would argue the Agave's as Standard because they give up A LOT of armament and defenses for both those things. They WERE built on the same Hull as Warriors and they didnt really take longer to build. It was bassically a "recon" ship just as much as it was a picket ship.

I still call Corona standard as well. They honestly werent as long lived as the Nebulon-B's to be perfectly honest.

Hmm, good points.

Maybe its just me, but I dont really get this. The general concept sounds cool, but what are we really supposed to do? Is this supposed to essentially be a deathmatch of our factions or should we try to rewrite Star Wars history? Do other Star Wars factions exist? Who is leading our factions? How do we win/loose? What is the Arbiters faction? Is this supposed to be a strategy or a role-playing game? Many questions I have,

Edited by raandomname

Here's mine:

4 Vindicator-class heavy cruiser = 90000 x 4 = 360000

1 Immobilizer 418 cruiser = 99000

4 Imperial II-class frigate 50000 x 4 =200000

2 Ardent-class fast frigate (State of the Art) 39183.673 *1.2 = 47020.408 * 2 = 94040.816

15 Tartan-class patrol cruiser - 7500 x 15 = 112500

15 DP20 - 4200 x 15 -63000

7 Stealth Ship – 7 x 1076.868 = 7538.076

200TIE Phantom - 200 x 61.2 = 12240

200 TIE Defenders - 200* 93.104 = 18620.8

315 Nssis-class Clawcraft 315*31.91886 = 10054.4409

100 Skipray Blastboat - 100 x 230 = 23000

Left Over: 5.8671

Ship Names:

4 Vindicator-class heavy cruiser

1.Drexl

2.Zakkeg