Underpoweredtech

Kooziejr

Short answer? in my opinion yes. It is fun to play and is my favorite spec alongside lethality to play for enjoyment in PvP. But is just doesn't deliver like the pre 3.0 Tactics and AP did, and those didn't deliver as well as they could have either. So I would like to see some improvements to the DPS in that tree such as the cleave damage, and of course the bug fixes.

This time I have attached video of Pyro PT 3.0. The spec isn't terrible but some of the abilities are bugged as has been well documented (e.g., automated defenses)....so is it underpowered? Discuss

Enjoy and subscribe please https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoIG7KT4DbI:

I dunno, a powertech on novacoast last night with only 1 healer rolled mid against 3 of us. 2 of us did 1200dps and the other guy pulled 900dps and we just could not down him and he took us apart 1 at a time. kinda fun to watch really ..

but not bursty. I think people think the powertech I weak because of no real burst pvp... that's a error it seems over a longer time in combat that techs are better.

I dunno, a powertech on novacoast last night with only 1 healer rolled mid against 3 of us. 2 of us did 1200dps and the other guy pulled 900dps and we just could not down him and he took us apart 1 at a time. kinda fun to watch really ..

but not bursty. I think people think the powertech I weak because of no real burst pvp... that's a error it seems over a longer time in combat that techs are better.

the cleave isn't just weaker dmg than 2.x (proportionately), but the snare is considerably less effective -- largely because every class (except mara?) has an immunity counter that doesn't require spending that all important universal breaker.

Fun vid. Honestly, I haven't played 3.0 PT/Assault yet so I can't comment direclty on its underpoweredness. Was planning to roll Pyro exclusively on my BH, just haven't got around to leveling him up.

If there are bugs with the spec though...those should/need to be fixed right away.

I think BW got this spec exactly right in terms of "we aren't raising DPS in 3.0, it'll be about the same. " However most other classes DPS went up considerably. It's my opinion that this spec should get some defensive boosts to make it more useful. At least in my opinion this spec should be a front line pressure spec so it needs the defenses to be able to stay in the fight better than AP (which at this point is practically ranged).

Good video though and I really hope they make this spec competitive again.

It's underpowered. Tried everything? and it is unplayable without support. The bugged adrenaline is the biggest problem as well as the nerfed PG. Also, the 30% DR when stunned or AoE IT IS DESIGNED FOR THE SPEC THAT STANDS not for the fully mobile. Edited by Aetideus

This vid is the koolest thing I've seen all week.

The moments when there's multiple opponents eating your flamethrower are the only highlights a pyro really has. AP and Pyro parse fairly close apparently(single target), so any dps increases to let's say flamethrower, are probably unlikely despite the necessity in pvp.

Give 'em hell kid, I enjoyed this vid a lot.

This vid is the koolest thing I've seen all week.

The moments when there's multiple opponents eating your flamethrower are the only highlights a pyro really has. AP and Pyro parse fairly close apparently(single target), so any dps increases to let's say flamethrower, are probably unlikely despite the necessity in pvp.

Give 'em hell kid, I enjoyed this vid a lot.

PG needs +25% per stack instead of +15% to be effective in pvp. Assin tank with dps gear has more burst than pyro dps.

Edited by Aetideus

I think it should be a meld between damage and defense.

In that sense its damage is fine, I think it should have the following though.

Take the mortar volley cooldown from tactics and give it to plasmatech, also give it a chance to apply the plasma cell dot. Tactics is a single target spike, this change makes more sense.

Double the dot resistance box to 30%

Change adrenaline rush for all specs to be usable at any health level. Leave it to the player to use it well. Give it a base damage reduction of 10%, with a 20% damage reduction for plasmatech.

I think it should be a meld between damage and defense.

In that sense its damage is fine, I think it should have the following though.

Take the mortar volley cooldown from tactics and give it to plasmatech, also give it a chance to apply the plasma cell dot. Tactics is a single target spike, this change makes more sense.

Double the dot resistance box to 30%

Change adrenaline rush for all specs to be usable at any health level. Leave it to the player to use it well. Give it a base damage reduction of 10%, with a 20% damage reduction for plasmatech.

PG is not performing. Unless Battle Focus is on, the ticks are 1-2k.

I was trying out Plasmatech (Pyro) today and I have to say I didn't feel at all underpowered. Granted I was in the 30-59 bracket but it felt fine to me. Maybe I got really lucky with my teams but I played 10+ games I didn't feel underpowered. VGs can spec into pretty great mobility, they have multiple 30m abilities and the survivability was fine. I can tell that others don't feel the same way so maybe I'll change my mind when I get to 60, but my feelings today was that it was a fun spec to play that was balanced about right. Or maybe everything feels powerful when you main a Sentinel ;)

I think BW got this spec exactly right in terms of "we aren't raising DPS in 3.0, it'll be about the same. " However most other classes DPS went up considerably. It's my opinion that this spec should get some defensive boosts to make it more useful. At least in my opinion this spec should be a front line pressure spec so it needs the defenses to be able to stay in the fight better than AP (which at this point is practically ranged).

Good video though and I really hope they make this spec competitive again.

Are you kidding me? I can still pull 2.5k dmg out of pyro, ap simply cycles it's dmg in 1 minute intervals.

Is it a coincidence that there is always another PT with you? :rolleyes:

Nope, We made the video together. Wanted to do a different video from something solo (defs had enough solo footage) but 4 v 2 and stuff like that just seemed really cool and fun especially due to the cleave nature of the spec (I gave credit in the credits :p)

Are you kidding me? I can still pull 2.5k dmg out of pyro, ap simply cycles it's dmg in 1 minute intervals.

I haven't played it that much but people in my guild have and the damage isn't really worth the squish. It's easy to heal through and it's easier than ever to avoid Flamethrower. I still probably play it on my PT because I like the play style. but it's far from ideal and I don't know how many of them you'll see in group ranked.

Not sure who originally said this to make people keep repeating but AP doesn't cycle in terms of 1 minute interval. There is absolutely massive insane burst every 90-120 seconds, extreme burst every 24 seconds, and very good burst every 15 seconds. Don't just repeat things other people say when they don't even make sense.

Not sure who originally said this to make people keep repeating but AP doesn't cycle in terms of 1 minute interval. There is absolutely massive insane burst every 90-120 seconds, extreme burst every 24 seconds, and very good burst every 15 seconds. Don't just repeat things other people say when they don't even make sense.

That isn't what people are talking about when they say that, count the numbers: in a sustained period of time ap cycles most of its dmg in 1 minute on average. You take 1 minute of time on pryo the output is about the same maybe a little lower, how and when they do dmg is different, that's all. l2parse. So no pyro isn't "underpowered" you get greater survivability so you can hit the numbers of ap on a flat curve over vise versa all things equal. Ap will spike higher but fall flat every 24 secs (if I made a chart it would literally look like a zig-zag) evening completely out at around 96 seconds. The only question is survivablity good enough for 96 seconds and we won't know that until they fix the bugs and bolster.

Edited by KrackShotz

I enjoy playing pyro but it dies in comparison to ap for me. You are getting exactly or slightly more dps than in ap. Additionally bugged kolto overload makes me mad. Also with this amount of sorcs with stun bubble "gawd... pre 2.0 again? xD) you cannot do anything. I tried to race dps with hatred sin. I've done 2k dps where he made almost 3k. PFT is sh*t atm too... There's too many root/slow breakers and 15% less dmg from it also makes it kinda weak. The best is that tank's firestorm makes more dmg than stacked pft hahaha and it's casted 2x faster. I'm not saying that this tree is useless or underpowered but definitely it's not ok in comparison to other dot/aoe specs (excluding maras - guys i feel sorry for you).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.