Account Wide Credits Instead of Per Toon

LomaxTovan

Hi!

I'm constantly juggling to send money from my gatherer toons to my crafter toons. Everything could be simplified if the money was account wide instead of on a per-character basis.

Please consider pooling all credits by account by server.

Thank you in advance.

I'd like to see this myself. Easiest way would be to have a legacy credit bank.

In order to make sure f2p/pref cannot use it to bypass credit cap make it so that it can only be accessed if you have an active subscription. If you do not you can still have them as decorations but when you click on them it brings up text on screen saying you must be a subscriber to use this feature and does not let you access it.

On the issue of what if a sub goes pref, that again is simple. Once they are no longer subscriber the credits in the legacy credit bank go into escrow and are accessed in the usual escrow manner. People going preferred for any reason simply need to log their toons and transfer what they can hold as preferred per char before their sub expires.

Edited by Rusah

I wish they made legacy bank work like a guild bank in that regard. Just an option to deposit money (that is available only to subs, if they are so concerned about f2p money limits) would help a lot. I have 21 toon, money juggling is a pain! Edited by PaniMauser

Now I'm sure you will say make it sub only, but then what happens if a player drops from a sub to preferred?

Just move the credits from the Subscriber-only credit legacy bank to the Escrow, and then deactivate the credit legacy-bank until the player resubs?

Edited by MFollin

I wish they made legacy bank work like a guild bank in that regard. Just an option to deposit money (that is available only to subs, if they are so concerned about f2p money limits) would help a lot. I have 21 toon, money juggling is a pain!

I agree! I would really love that for my toons as well! :)

so for pref/f2p make it like escrow -> 350k/200k with maybe limit on withdraws(1-2 per day?)

Just move the credits from the Subscriber-only credit legacy bank to the Escrow, and then deactivate the credit legacy-bank until the player resubs?

Yep. Something along these lines, pretty much. (Although the 350k/200k numbers are for the character wallets, not escrow. Escrow has no limit, but they must purchase transfers from the cartel market if they want to pull anything out of escrow.)

Anyway, I've tried to flesh it out in more detail than that in other topics like this. It would require some retooling on the basic concept of what the restrictions are for free and preferred though. They wouldn't just be able to paste this new system in on top of what's already there. But that's about what it boils down to in the end. Rules would be in place that would enforce strict regulation on free/preferred players' access to their legacy bank just as they currently have hoops to jump through if they want to access escrow funds without subscribing.

Rebuilding that idea again off the top of my head real quick:

1) Three levels to funds: wallet (personal, f2p has 200k limit, pref has 350k limit, sub has no limit), escrow (personal, f2p has 400k limit, pref has700k limit, sub has escrow disabled), and bank (legacy, no limit, f2p and preferred have direct deposit/withdrawal interface disabled or restricted).

2) For f2p and pref when picking up money, funds collected over wallet limit go into escrow and funds collected over escrow limit go into bank. When pulling money from savings, funds are pulled from escrow first before pulling from bank. For sub, the bank will have an interface to deposit/withdraw any amount directly to/from it at any time. For f2p and pref, if the devs don't choose to just completely disable it, the bank interface could be made to enforce weekly limits on withdrawals (and maybe on deposits as well) and it would pull funds from escrow first before pulling from the legacy bank. I'd imagine that the rates would be very strict, like 10k per week or something like that.

3) When f2p becomes pref, wallet and escrow limits go up but no funds need to be moved. When f2p or pref becomes sub, wallet limit is removed and escrow funds are automatically moved into wallet for every character. When sub becomes pref, limits are gained so funds in wallet over limit are funneled into escrow (and then into bank if over that limit as well) automatically for every character.

4) The current escrow transfer items would be updated to also obey the rule suggested in 2 where funds must be pulled from escrow first before pulling from the bank.

With something like that in place, it would technically be possible for f2p/pref to pull legacy-bound credits but the conditions to do so would be very specific and it would be restricted to a minor weekly allowance unless transfers are purchased. All transfers that a f2p/pref player makes, whether it's through the 10k/week limit in the bank interface or a larger sum pulled out with a transfer item, would pull from the character's personal escrow first, so that escrow would have to be empty for the funds to come from the legacy bank. Meanwhile, subscribers would have full unlimited direct access to their legacy bank.

In short, the idea basically makes the legacy bank out of an extension of the escrow concept. It's a special secondary layer of escrow hidden behind extra restrictions for non-subscribers.

They haven't done this to prevent free to play and preferred from getting around the credit caps and mail restrictions.

Now I'm sure you will say make it sub only, but then what happens if a player drops from a sub to preferred?

So because we have to have limits on F2P, subs suffer?

Isn't that rather backwards?

considering i don't play ToonTown and it's been shut down for a bit, this request is a bit irrelevant in my opinion... but, on SWTOR i would love to see my legacy storage hold all credits dumped into it from all my Legacy Characters, that would be most helpful...

Another suggestion I was about to make. Granted there are issues with putting this in game. But I'm sure they could take the time to rethink the entire thing and add it. I'm relatively sure a lot of us would very much like this.

A solution I could think of is this:

Make it a Legacy cargo hold addition as mentioned, and indeed, one that can only be accessed as a subscriber. It would become locked, if still viewable, to non-subscribers until subscribing again. Obviously, this means use of said credits on any character so long as you're subbed as well.

Then tool escrow mechanics to only work with on hand credits on any given character. By this I mean a non-sub would have no access to the account wide credits tab if you will even with escrow. They'd have to think ahead and keep credits on hand on toons they wanted to use escrow with.

We had something similar in SWG save for we manually had to go take the credits out on each character when we wanted to access it on different toons.

Would that work?

Edited by LunaticFringer

This only helps a ton for gold sellers. They will no longer need to farm/bot/exploit various ways of obtaining currency on all servers in order to offer it to players. They will only need to do it on one and spread the said currency to the others like a plague. It was considered in World of Warcraft a while ago but was dismissed for that same reason.

So because we have to have limits on F2P, subs suffer?

Isn't that rather backwards?

I would hardly call being required to log onto one character to send credits to another character "suffering".

It takes a few seconds to switch characters and mail money. I would guess that pretty much anyone could switch characters, mail money, and switch back in less than a minute.

I gave up on waiting for a legacy bank. It'll never happen as long as a F2P/Preferred credit cap exists.

Our guild "workaround" (4 guild members, all real life friends for 20+ years) was to make the guild bank a pool of everyone's credits, where everyone was free to deposit and/or withdraw whatever they wanted. We all farm crafting materials together twice a week, craft/RE stuff for Mk 10 augment slot components, then I queue up ~40 augment kits before I log out for the evening. In the morning I drop ~50 Mk 10 augment kits on the market (asuming a 25% crit rate), and the 2.5 mil in proceeds are added to the guild bank for all to use. We collectively craft all our own 186 gear to keep gearing costs to a minimum, so most of what we produce is pure profit. I certainly can't complain about 50 mil a month added to the guild bank.

It works for us, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you know everyone very well.

• 4 months later...

dug this up. not sure how old this thread is but THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.. really.

simplicity done right is god like. this makes a lot of sense.

non subscribers, subscribers, whatever, move the #'s around, make it to where every character on your account / server has the same credit purse. pleassssssse

i was actually disappointed in 2011 when i saw that swtor didn't have this would-be modernized feature. I thought 'wheres the innovation?' but it was apparent enough in the cutscenes so i let it slide a little.

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

dug this up. not sure how old this thread is but THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.. really.

simplicity done right is god like. this makes a lot of sense.

non subscribers, subscribers, whatever, move the #'s around, make it to where every character on your account / server has the same credit purse. pleassssssse

i was actually disappointed in 2011 when i saw that swtor didn't have this would-be modernized feature. I thought 'wheres the innovation?' but it was apparent enough in the cutscenes so i let it slide a little.

The credit restrictions on F2P and preferred, including the inability to transfer credits between characters and the credit cap, are some of the biggest incentives to subscribe. In addition, they are among the few that cannot be unlocked.

Your "suggestion" of giving every character on the account/server the same credit purse would completely remove these restrictions and the incentives to subscribe and would likely result in a loss of subs for BW. After all, why subscribe when there are NO credit restrictions and the player can unlock almost all of the other restrictions.

I know it is a gigantic and horrendous effort to log onto another character to send credits between characters, but sometimes a little inconvenience is better in the long run.

Eh don't even need a legacy bank. Just merge all money to the same bank for all toons. Just have the same restrictions as F2P now. Would be the same. Doesn't matter if it one has 20k one 500k and instead have 520k available. For F2P or preferred if it's over the limit it goes to escrow or when sub drop down. Would be good for So I don't run out of repair funds on bosses and have to swap toons.

Eh don't even need a legacy bank. Just merge all money to the same bank for all toons. Just have the same restrictions as F2P now. Would be the same. Doesn't matter if it one has 20k one 500k and instead have 520k available. For F2P or preferred if it's over the limit it goes to escrow or when sub drop down. Would be good for So I don't run out of repair funds on bosses and have to swap toons.

Considering that one of the restrictions is no transferring of credits between characters, please explain how your "suggestion" would have the same restrictions that are currently in place.

or atleast put a cred bank in the legacy tab and put how much of your creds you wanted in and you can use them anywhere, repairs, gtn, buying stuff etc.

so for pref/f2p make it like escrow -> 350k/200k with maybe limit on withdraws(1-2 per day?)

This would be such a great addition to the game!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.