lets talk Socerer's! Seriously, no hat just realy come on now?

MarcoMontana

http://i.imgur.com/jqMaO72.jpg

First game was a void star, did not screen cap it as someone mentioned void stars seem not to count for their long running average times.

This was a hut ball. Majority on our team was a sage. As mentioned before this is what I encounter often as people are aware of how good they are now.

I see this all the time now as well. Last couple matches were nearly ALL PTs and Sorcerers on the enemy team. 3 matches in a row, different people. I mean, if that's not a sign. There was an operative and assassin thrown in for good measure occasionally.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First game was a void star, did not screen cap it as someone mentioned void stars seem not to count for their long running average times.

This was a hut ball. Majority on our team was a sage. As mentioned before this is what I encounter often as people are aware of how good they are now.

Eh...Sage/Sorc has been the most popular class since day one. Even when they sucked the warzones were full of them so its not really a sign of "massive rerolling."

Eh...Sage/Sorc has been the most popular class since day one. Even when they sucked the warzones were full of them so its not really a sign of "massive rerolling."

they were popular day one, then things balanced out and changed with different imbalances. Example when smash was god like you would often see 3 to 4 smashers a team instead of what we see now which is 3 to 4 sage/sorc or more a team.

I agree sorcs were very popular on launch. To say that today's popularity is simply caused by the launch 3 years ago and not class balance? that's something I disagree with.

they were popular day one, then things balanced out and changed with different imbalances. Example when smash was god like you would often see 3 to 4 smashers a team instead of what we see now which is 3 to 4 sage/sorc or more a team.

I agree sorcs were very popular on launch. To say that today's popularity is simply caused by the launch 3 years ago and not class balance? that's something I disagree with.

Even when smash was a thing I still saw more sorcs than anything else. Its always been hands down the most played class. Even BW admitted to something like a 3:1 ratio of played classes in the game being sorcs.

People have horrible memories.

This is a summary of what has transpired with barrier.

Sorcs without barrier - Focused and killed really damn fast. Bioware responded and gave them barrier..

Sorcs with barrier - People continued to focus sorcerers until they barrier. Everyone tunneling that sorcerer simply stood right next to them until their force barrier dropped and then lobbed their execute and the sorcerer died anyway. Bioware responded and gave them enduring bastion.

Sorcerers with barrier and enduring bastion - People start crying that barrier + bastion is overpowered and we need to go back to one of the above.

Sorcs without barrier - Focused and killed really damn fast. Bioware responded and gave them barrier..

And then they gave them - ~medium level armor, 35m attacks to mid tree, bastion, flash/bindings, bubble regens, 2 cool heals (one of them without cd... because why not, right? :D ), insta casts etc etc etc.

Yeah, they are totally weak as used to be. :rolleyes:

Yeah, they are totally weak as used to be. :rolleyes:

That's the point. They needed all that **** and then some. Sorcs right now are exactly where they should be. They have 3 good trees and overall are on par with 3 of the other AC's. More than that, they are actually "fun" to play now.

A lot of people don't seem to grasp that the meta has changed in 3.0. Every single healer now has 2 AOE heals. Healing up DOTS and AOE is so much easier than prior to 3.0. It also leverages guard even more. The vast majority of Sorc damage is AOE and DOTS. Yes, they are capable of putting up decent scoreboard numbers, however this damage is easily countered by healing output. The true threats are still your burst class or control DPS specs. That's your jugs, power techs and your assassins.

I've been on my healing merc for the past 2 days. I've put in about 60 games over 16 hours. Merc healing has a much higher skill cap than sorc healing. Played correctly, the disparity in actual healing output between the two classes is negligible and that is in spite of sorcs having the more efficient AOE healing. You know how many times I've called over TS for my team to pull a sorc off me? ZERO. I have been in plenty of games where I've literally face tanked 3 sorcs and it wasn't until the melee / powertechs jumped on me that I actually felt threatened.

All this QQ is for nothing.

Edited by JackNader

Did I say without a guard? I don't solo queue anything.

Btw, 6 - 8K DPS is a gross exaggeration. The bulk of SORC damage is AOE and DOTS. Mercs sit around 38% - 39% armor with the progressive scan buff. On top of that is stabilized armor, possibly suit foe, guard and taunts. Cut those DPS projections by about 2/3rds and its more inline with reality.

Edited by JackNader

ED is better for DPS Juggernauts. The person you quoted said nothing about tanks, DPS Juggs have nearly as many DCDs and great, easy damage. This has nothing to do with tanks.

I don't want Sorc to be a free kill, however If I well time my CC and out play a Sorc I want them to die! I don't want them to get a free god mode heal to full and reset the fight!

Either the bubble is to prevent them from dying or it heals them, it shouldn't do BOTH!

I dont think force barrier needs to go away completely. Nor should it have a cast. Enduring bastion needs to go as well as interrupt immunity and passive healing in bubble. Also shouldn't be able to be healed in bubble. It should be an anti focus button and thats it. They have enough other tools to deal with other things.

The dot spreading in general was a terrible idea by the devs. I dont know what they were thinking. its not just sorcs, but all dot classes. They didnt need to let them spread dots and have them uncleansible. That is just stupid. They should have been given dot protection like what lethality had. When dots are cleansed a weaker version of the dot is still there. That would have been more than enough.

EXACTLY! The bubble should be a WOAH guys I need help I'am gonna die button, not a hahahah I'll spam everything I got then bubble, heal to full and hahahaha do it again!

I main a Sage/Sorc since launch and I will agree to removing barrier if they also remove Heal specs, healing others isnt fair when i have already put in the man hours and hard work to get their HP down. Its a slap in the face...

They should also remove CCs in the game, its not fair trying to kill someone and then you're forced to stop, remove CCs.

Jumps / leaps and pulls should also be removed from the game, closing the gap should not be an option if you can't do it in real life.

While we're at it lets take away Guards, Taunts and Critical hits, none of that stuff is fair against someone who doesn't know what they're playing against.

Stealth? No way, get rid of it. If i cant see you then you shouldn't be able to see me, it's only fair.

PVP gear needs to go away. There is no reason for anyone to get a boost against me when i have worked really hard for my PVE gear and I Q RWzs to get my Conquest points, I'm competitive and still want to win. Others shouldn't get an advantage just because they are more committed to pvp.

It's a team game and no class should be able to push out your DPS and Heal to full! It's your teams healers job to toip you off because they cannot dps anyone down, thats your job...

Right now Src can do MAssive DPS and Massive Healing its a paradox and = Overpowered class! Thats why 70% of the Server are Sorcerers.

EXACTLY! The bubble should be a WOAH guys I need help I'am gonna die button, not a hahahah I'll spam everything I got then bubble, heal to full and hahahaha do it again!
This, 100 percent this. IF they are gonna have the ability to do that, all classes should have the ability to do that, not just 1.

I challenge you (or anyone else making claims that sages/sorcerers are op/easy mode/gods/unkillable) to run a twitch stream and make a video library to show your sage/sorcerer face rolling people in solo, ranked, 4v4 and 1v1 duels as proof of your claims.

I would particularly like to see you (or anyone else for that matter) dominating against competent players solo (solo means without a team to protect your squishy and non-bursty backside).

One does not need a twitch stream to prove Sorc is faceroll right now, all one needs to do is log in and play the game!

UNless you're going to tell me that every Sorc on the server is an AMAZINGLY geared greatest players every!

Please....

I played a match with 6 Shadows and a Scoundrel. Was not much left for me to do but carry nodes with my Hold the Line. :o To be honest, Assassins are still far scarier for me than the Sorcs.

Agreed, Assassins are on the border of OPness, but not close enough as the Sorc / Sage.

Everything is relative. And relative to other ranged dps classes Sorc is stupidly better. They just have a much better toolset compared to Merc and Sniper.

Here are some expamples...

DPS sorcs have spammable heals - Dps mercs and snipers do not.

DPS sorcs have force barrier (heal to full) - DPS Mercs and snipers have nothing in the league of this.

DPS Sorcs have force lightning (no cooldown amazing damage) - DPS Mercs have Death from Above (15 sec cooldown and crap damage)

DPS Sorcs have knockback WITH root - Mercs and Snipers have just a knockback

DPS Sorcs have force bubble - Mercs have nothing and snipers have a much worse damage shield.

Healing sorcs have the best resource management compared to Mercs, where it is alot easier to run to 100 heat or run out of ammo.

I do realize that mercs have electro net, sorcs have force slow...the one area where mercs have an advantage. Mercs get adrenaline rush...which is a joke and sorcs just barrier and heal to full, followed by interrupt immunity.

It's obvious to see why the majority of players prefer sorcs to these other ranged classes.

Is that a sorc at the bottom that only hit 19K total damage? OP!!! nerf that dude for sure.

remove healing barrier tham but first, remove JUGGS ED, than we can talk about sorcs

Because sorcs can't out dps, out heal and otherwise outperform juggs in ranked and wzs in season 3 and right now? Nerf juggs first because... ?

Everything is relative. And relative to other ranged dps classes Sorc is stupidly better. They just have a much better toolset compared to Merc and Sniper.

Here are some expamples...

DPS sorcs have spammable heals - Dps mercs and snipers do not.

DPS sorcs have force barrier (heal to full) - DPS Mercs and snipers have nothing in the league of this.

DPS Sorcs have force lightning (no cooldown amazing damage) - DPS Mercs have Death from Above (15 sec cooldown and crap damage)

DPS Sorcs have knockback WITH root - Mercs and Snipers have just a knockback

DPS Sorcs have force bubble - Mercs have nothing and snipers have a much worse damage shield.

Healing sorcs have the best resource management compared to Mercs, where it is alot easier to run to 100 heat or run out of ammo.

I do realize that mercs have electro net, sorcs have force slow...the one area where mercs have an advantage. Mercs get adrenaline rush...which is a joke and sorcs just barrier and heal to full, followed by interrupt immunity.

It's obvious to see why the majority of players prefer sorcs to these other ranged classes.

Then maybe they should buff other ranged classes? Mercs were asking for antifocus skill for eternity. Both them and snipers can be focused and killed in 2-3 seconds. It's actual tactic in PVP - burn ranged caster before he does anything. How fun is that on recieving end? But sorcs finally got that problem solved for them - and suddenly they are OP. Not becouse of force storm (which is kinda broken, ok), but becouse you can't melt them instantly. Bravo.

Edited by Frenesi

Then maybe they should buff other ranged classes? Mercs were asking for antifocus skill for eternity. Both them and snipers can be focused and killed in 2-3 seconds. It's actual tactic in PVP - burn ranged caster before he does anything. How fun is that on recieving end? But sorcs finally got that problem solved for them - and suddenly they are OP. Not becouse of force storm (which is kinda broken, ok), but becouse you can't melt them instantly. Bravo.

That only applies in solo ranked, and solo ranked is a joke anyways. You can't base balance on that queue.

That only applies in solo ranked, and solo ranked is a joke anyways. You can't base balance on that queue.

Concur. Although, I think collectively it's pretty safe to say Sorc's are in a better place PVP wise than Sniper and Merc (I won't disagree). I think the fix is simply mobility or survivability. If you want to run around casting stuff on the fly, then you can't heal 2 full with your bubble. I keep thinking of how good lighting would of been if TB could of been cast on the run pre 3.0 and you had the ability to instant cast lightning strike. I think it would of been viable and balanced.

Yes, exactly. Either buff mercs and snipers or nerf sorcs. But don't give one class a stupid amount of amazing abilities and crap all over the others.