3.0 Mercenary/Commando DPS by Hotwired

Gyronamics

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your rotation is non-existent and that's the bottom line.

You're posting in a thread which details exactly how to do a rotation.

The rotation is designed to get the most damage out of your abilities. Follow it and your damage will increase.

Edited by Gyronamics

My bad, you have a rotation. I did not see what I was looking for earlier. It is lacking discipline however.

Your timings are loose, improve your ability usage speed and queuing and your damage will increase.

I don't have your gear but I've taken off my chestpiece to get me to 240 alacrity and dropped my relics and didn't use an adrenal.

This is the demo parse I did with that: http://parsely.io/parser/view/37882

Look under Ability Usage

All core abilities need to be as close as possible to 15 seconds between use or for Mag Shot you want 7.5 seconds.

7.5 seconds:

Mag Shot (Mag Bolt)

15 seconds:

Unload (Full Auto)

Incendiary Missile (Incendiary Round)

Serrated Shot (Serrated Bolt)

Thermal Detonator (Assault Plastique)

90 seconds:

Electronet

Thermal Sensor Override (Reserve Powercell)

Vent Heat (Recharge Cells)

You also need to cram in Supercharged Gas (Supercharged Cells) as often as possible for the heat venting and damage boost.

That's the long way of saying, increase your Actions Per Minute or APM, Your parse is at 36 and I'm at 39 with basically the same Alacrity.

Just for reference, even with extra Alacrity my timings do not change much, this is another demo parse from right now but with full gear on (360 alacrity): http://parsely.io/parser/view/37878

Again look at the Ability Usage tab and look at the timings on the critical abilities.

Your choice of rotation is not important but you must be as strict as possible with your ability use so you never waste time or your resources. Ignoring the small details there will suck away at your damage over time.

Edited by Gyronamics

• 2 weeks later...
I feel sort of dumb, but something about the arsenal part of the guide just isn't clicking for me. I get the priority system and all, but not the "slightly advanced arsenal" rotations. Why is there such a liberal use of rapid shots? Why not just fill those in with more tracer missiles?

Er... those are examples showing how you can time the procs on Blazing Bolts to get it back as soon as possible.

Everything non-essential is a Rapid Shot to make it less confusing (hopefully)

Alright, I understand. Thanks. I thought that was what it was going for, but for some reason I kept worrying that it was a suggestion to spam rapid shots in those filler spots. Sorry. Like I said, dumb question. Thanks though!

• 3 weeks later...
Could you make a video doing your rotation as aggressively as you can on a dummy with HP module, gyro? I'd assume such a rotation if recorded, is in your view the best way to do the most dps(superior to other rotations, like the Dulfy one)? Standing still, sustained etcetc. Edited by cirruz

You can look at this video if you like, it's an average parse and a good example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5bMQTiZLLA

The bottom line is that if you follow this rotation or any rehash which uses Full Auto as one of your Mag Bolt resets then an instant Charged Bolt using Blazing Celerity for the other, you get to move around for 9/10 GCD in a neutral rotation. The only thing you are forced to hard cast is Serrated Bolt which is mechanically irrelevant, it's just damage. If you have to you can replace Serrated Bolt with a Hammer Shot and do the core proc cycle entirely on the move.

However if you ignore the ability of Full Auto to reset your Mag Bolt then you are incapable of doing that. You are forced to stand still and hard cast a Charged Bolt to reset every second Mag Bolt. This is on top of having to hard cast Serrated Bolt.

It is a tactically inferior rotation to do that.

There is no difference on a dummy because any 10 GCD rotation using the same number of abilities will do the same damage.

Having the flexibility to move while controlling your procs is the essence of the rotation guidelines I promote and gets the best out of the mechanics available to the spec.

Edited by Gyronamics

• 2 weeks later...
You can look at this video if you like, it's an average parse and a good example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5bMQTiZLLA

There is no difference on a dummy because any 10 GCD rotation using the same number of abilities will do the same damage.

Having the flexibility to move while controlling your procs is the essence of the rotation guidelines I promote and gets the best out of the mechanics available to the spec.

I appreciate the response Gyro but, I'm afraid I don't understand. The Dulfy rotation and your rotation don't do the same number of abilities if pushed aggressively(non-neutral and all that). You use TD in your standard rotation while TD is a filler in the Dulfy one for example, you use it a lot more I mean.

I'm interested in the damage difference, the mobility isn't really an issue even though it might help and whatnot in a raid scenario, which I understand.

Edited by cirruz

I appreciate the response Gyro but, I'm afraid I don't understand. The Dulfy rotation and your rotation don't do the same number of abilities if pushed aggressively(non-neutral and all that). You use TD in your standard rotation while TD is a filler in the Dulfy one for example, you use it a lot more I mean.

I'm interested in the damage difference, the mobility isn't really an issue even though it might help and whatnot in a raid scenario, which I understand.

Its about a 1.2% increase out of the execute, and a bit bigger inside the execute, going with Gyro's over Marisi's

Its about a 1.2% increase out of the execute, and a bit bigger inside the execute, going with Gyro's over Marisi's

I saw your post in the "optimal stat distribution thread", I can't say I understood it very well but, you made an example of the leading parse of the class atm, used that rotation and simply compared it to a standard version of Marisi's over a set course of time?

The execute phase in particular isn't ver clear cut on the dulfy site for Fascinate and marisi's guide, they wrote and recorded a rotation but not in an aggressive way, I myself have used their rotation and while I cannot say much about it due to being rather incompetent, I do know that you can fit in more TDs in the execute phase then what you made out in your comparison on the other thread here in the forums. By swapping TD entirely for missiles you'll never go low on energy which I think is the main point of swapping it out like that, but pushing dps you're gonna throw in more TDs regardless of your energy, it all depends on the fight and such and such, but I suppose as far as dummies, let's say for a 1m dummy wearing BiS gear, you can put in at least 2 more TDS, one after the last vent heat and another after the last supercharge, and then another at the very last percentages since it doesnt matter that you'll go to like 100%heat.

Edited by cirruz

I explained the trade off somewhere else.

You're taking an instant damage loss by using PS over TD and hoping the slightly more frequent Supercharged Gas makes up for it.

Whether you feel competent in it or not, the highscore ladder says that beating off a training dummy does not show a meaningful difference in the freak parses you can get on either one.

Or to put it another way, whatever difference there is, is small enough to be lost in the RNG (which is very significant).

So I'll just stick to saying that it's illogical to want to hard cast more by default for no benefit.

Edited by Gyronamics

I haven't seen that explanation, or if I did then I didn't understand it. I'm not sure how to go about it the best way when either alacrity or stuns/interrupts messes with the marisi rotation, and even less with yours.

I'm well aware though that none of this matters, I have cleared everything in the game, as have you and probably kwerty as well. I'm just curious though about it all.

I have yet to learn your rotation effectively but I'm working on it.

Edited by cirruz

If you get delayed then you continue where you left off.

OR you can take an educated guess at where you can pick up the rotation again.

e.g. knocked away as you were about to do a default attack filler, is it worth doing that filler now? Or because the knockback took up that GCD is it now legit to skip to the next scripted rotation ability?

If [reasons] cause you to scramble the order of your procs then you fluff with non-proc attacks until Mag Bolt comes off CD naturally. There is no other way to reset your procs. Break out the Mortar Volley or have a go at dotspreading if there's some adds about.

Edited by Gyronamics

What are your stats in this video?

With purple stim and all datacrons, all 198 gear plus 204 mh.

4508 aim

174 cunning

4747 endurance

756 accuracy

1708 power

423 crit

250 surge

360 alacrity

3 accuracy augments

11 reflex augments

Edited by Gyronamics

I've read all the post in here and understand all the rotations etc. I know that when I log in I'm going to have no points at all in anything so can I just go back to my old spec or is there something else that's the new flavor for 3.0? My merc used to be 6/36/4 the old odawgg spec....yes a long time ago

There are two scenarios that you could be talking about.

1) You use Boltstorm at the start of a fight then use Grav Round to unlock it and instantly use Boltstorm again

2) You are looking at the rotation for Innovative Ordinance and you can see Unload mentioned twice because that's showing abilities in terms of GCD they take up and Unload occupies 2 of the 10 GCD in a full rotation.

There are two scenarios that you could be talking about.

1) You use Boltstorm at the start of a fight then use Grav Round to unlock it and instantly use Boltstorm again

2) You are looking at the rotation for Innovative Ordinance and you can see Unload mentioned twice because that's showing abilities in terms of GCD they take up and Unload occupies 2 of the 10 GCD in a full rotation.

#2 is it, thank you for the clarification!!