3.0 Mercenary/Commando DPS by Hotwired

Gyronamics

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is in ranged, all companion 1% buffs, Advanced Reflex stim and all class buffs.

Accuracy - 100, This ensures your target cannot dodge your shots.

Surge (Crit Multi) - 240, apparently due to the Advanced targeting passive we have, which ignores 30% of the targets armour, we only need 240 rating to cap.

Crit - Like I said above, 28% for a burst spec as you benefit from having the higher power stat, and more crit for a DOT spec, I'm at 775 and find my dots do some wicked damage, but once you reach that area in similar gear you'll need to play around and see what's better for you to put in, I found when I dropped power/aim past this point I dropped in damage.

Edited by Naritara

Ok so I've changed a few things and currently look like this

Aim (3922)

Power (965)

Accu 100.02 accu rating 863

Crit chance 25.58 rating 766

Crit multi 63.04 surge 222

You're low on Surge, so your power wont hit hard, Surge 240+ ;) Drop out a crit enh for a power surge one, get 2x crit implants, 2x crit crystals and mods, enh's Acc/Power, Crit/Power or Power/Surge (until you cap). Also are you sure that Acc stat is right? 863 rating should be about 101-102%, try to get as close as you can to 775.

Currently I run a

Boltblasters MK-2 earpiece (Crit/Surge),

2x Resurrected Eliminators MK-V Implants, (Acc/Crit)

2x Crit crystals,

Mods:

5x Power

4x Crit

Enhancements:

5x Acc/Power

1x Crit/Surge

1x Power/Surge

Augments:

14x Advanced Reflex Augment 36

This gives me in my gear (192/198)

- 4554 Aim

- 1064 Power

- 822 Acc (100.63%)

- 775 Crit (37.70% with buffs)

- 351 Surge (68.82%) I'm high on surge by 111 and thats my earpiece. I need to swap that for something else Maybe a Combat medics one for the Alacrity.

So try dropping a crit enh for a surge one, or Implant w/e cap that and you should be right

Edited by Naritara

Gearing

Accuracy: As close to 100/110 as possible; ~750 with companion bonus which equals 7 186 pieces + 1 augment, 7 192 pieces or 6 198 pieces + 1 augment. These combinations take you slightly above 100 so you can take off an augment if you wish.

Surge: With the high number of periodic effects in Innovative Ordnance keeping the 10% surge bonus from the Advanced Targeting passive is almost a guarantee. Arsenal, however, has a chance of this effect dropping off but it still enjoys this the vast majority of the time, so maintaining pre 3.0 levels can be done with as little as 2 pieces in either discipline. i.e. 2x 120 stat = 240.

Alacrity: While alacrity can be useful now, no significant difference can be noticed between 0 to 2 pieces

Crit: Both Arsenal and Innovative Ordnance have always benefitted from above-average crit levels so 400+ is recommended

Augments: Aim, with up to 1 accuracy depending on the number of accuracy pieces

While Accuracy used to be obtainable in several pieces of Mercenary DPS gear prior to 3.0 it now can only be found in the Chest and the Powertech Main Hand which makes your Implants and Earpiece the primary sources of Accuracy. The accuracy Implants, however, come with crit instead of power which means you only need either a single mod or enhancement to supplement the crit from both Implants to reach the crit target.

In regards to set bonuses, the old 4 piece no longer has much benefit with Innovative Ordnance as Power Shot is no longer used as often as it used to be and Rail Shot is not used at all which makes replacing the old armorings a high priority particularly as you can replace several of them with non-set piece armorings, losing the old 4 piece set bonus in the process of doing so, and gain DPS from the increased Aim you get from the newer ones.

On the other hand, Arsenal still uses both Tracer Missile and Rail Shot frequently in the rotation which means that both set bonuses are still quite useful in increasing damage which puts a higher priority in obtaining the new belt and bracer set piece armorings before replacing the old set bonus.

Maybe this'll help, The only difference here is they say 400+ crit for both which is around 28% from what people have been telling me and what I've read in this thread stack it until about 700-750 and see what happens to your dps, when it starts dropping, and you will notice it on parses, take a mod out put in a power and you should be right.

Edited by Naritara

Meh I still seem to be hitting low :(

My stats now are

Accu 100.17 accu rating (879) bonus + 10.17%

Crit chance 25.16 aim 3901 crit rating 733

Crit multi 65.16 surge 274

Man things ain't easy lol

Those numbers don't add up. Isn't 100%/110% acc 759ish rating? That and 733 crit rating should put you around 36%-37%.

Yea sorry, I did a reply to this but it didn't post :-(

I'm 822 Accuracy and that's 100.63%, I dunno how you're getting your numbers there...

Do you have your purple augments in? Because your Aim stat is waaaay low, put in all slots (except 1 if u need acc)

Advanced Reflex Augment 36 that will pop your Aim up to around 4500 and also enhance your crit as well, make sure you have all the Aim & End datacrons as well ;-)

By the looks of things you're linking your Crit chance bonus stat by itself without the base 5%, so really you're at 30.16%, with the smuggler buff 'Lucky shots' that will pop you up to 35.16% and with purple augments that will net you another...maybe 2% or so and then you'll be on track :-)

Edited by Naritara

True, but that explains why 879 rating gives 100% accuracy for him. 879 rating gives 10.17% accuracy on top of the 90% you already have.

I did not see any mention of the companion buff as reply on his posts so I thought I chip in (I might have missed one though).

758 rating gives exactly 9% accuracy + 1% melee tank companion bonus + 90% base (100% base for special ranged and tech) and you have the desired accuracy percentage.

Yes that makes sense, Waste some cash on purple affection off the GTN or if you can afford the $40 buy a Cartel Market 24 pack as they have a heap of companion affection items in them as well :-) Edited by Naritara

Hi all thx for your responses I'm about today so will swap my augs to aim as I have a mixture of dif ones my comp isn't full affection yet only one is elara dorne.

I was out of game for 2 years only came back 8-10 weeks ago and game changed a lot lol I do need to get the new datacrons I'm not sure why my accu rating is 879 don't make sence to me I'll try post a screen shot if I can in a bit.

True, but that explains why 879 rating gives 100% accuracy for him. 879 rating gives 10.17% accuracy on top of the 90% you already have.

I did not see any mention of the companion buff as reply on his posts so I thought I chip in (I might have missed one though).

758 rating gives exactly 9% accuracy + 1% melee tank companion bonus + 90% base (100% base for special ranged and tech) and you have the desired accuracy percentage.

This is basically why.

Base accuracy is 90% and with the melee tank companion buff it is 91%

So you need 10% accuracy on top of your base accuracy to get 100%. Which means you need 879 accuracy rating. (861 rating to be precise).

With the melee tank companion buff you need only 9% which is 758 rating.

EDIT: Here is a list of companion buffs and the companion you need for it: http://dulfy.net/2012/04/22/companion-gifts-and-crafting-bonuses-for-1-2/

Edited by Whojoo

Ok does this look a little better now ain't got te training dummy yet.

Aim (4089) +817.8

Power (910) + 209.3

Accu 100.10 accu rating (768)

Crit chance 25.73 crit rating (755)

Crit multi 65.16 surge (274)

I think I'm a little low in power so was thing about taking a little crit off and adding power?

I also have a stim advanced anodyne used at the time off doing stats

Thx again for help folks it's been a real help :)

Edited by northnorfolk

Do you have all of your Augments done? That will help put your Aim up to 4500, crit up about another 2% as well.

Get those and you'll be cranking out around 4.2-4.3 easily.

Make sure you use the dummy debuffs as well, bought off the little droid on your ship, 1mil health debuff and you can use the armour debuff as as well, that makes it more like a raid boss with everyone else's debuffs on it :-)

I finally switched out my surge earpice for an alacrity one and picked up my 2nd 192 relic on Sunday night, this is my latest parse :)

http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/17397/0

Edited by Naritara