AP Powertech needs a serious nerf.

Pathlight-

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol enjoyed rereading this. happy to see BW's done nothing productive about pyro, nerfed all PT survivability with SC nerf and nothing to compensate. but hey...the KO breaker does seem to work now.

3.0, the age of "every spec is a mess" in one way or another. 3 patches and the only hope of a fix is a new level cap (because new level caps never break balance -- oh! ok. I think I get it. you can't break what's already broken. brilliant!)

lol enjoyed rereading this. happy to see BW's done nothing productive about pyro, nerfed all PT survivability with SC nerf and nothing to compensate. but hey...the KO breaker does seem to work now.

3.0, the age of "every spec is a mess" in one way or another. 3 patches and the only hope of a fix is a new level cap (because new level caps never break balance -- oh! ok. I think I get it. you can't break what's already broken. brilliant!)

Is he really asking buff for PT? Yea he is really asking it in first page he was complaining PT needs buff :)

i really don't see the big deal. at least on my server, everyone seems to be rolling juggs and sorcs now. all that burst from vanguards is pretty well countered. pretty much any class, aside from maybe commando/merc can have their way with vg/pt, it's one of the easiest classes to kill.

Is he really asking buff for PT? Yea he is really asking it in first page he was complaining PT needs buff :)

is that really all you got out of everything I've said in this thread? or even just in the quote?

i really don't see the big deal. at least on my server, everyone seems to be rolling juggs and sorcs now. all that burst from vanguards is pretty well countered. pretty much any class, aside from maybe commando/merc can have their way with vg/pt, it's one of the easiest classes to kill.

Means that the 3 ruling FOTM classes boil down into 2 - with one being replaced by another one ?

Mara can have 99% dmg red for 4s (very visible, just stun and continue after expired), Jugg can Saber Reflect, Sin can Shroud it, Sorc can barrier it, PT has nothing, arsenal merc can survive 6 hits (but probably only 1-2 from the PT since all focus him :p ), other merc has nothing, op can trollroll it (if conceal), other op has nothing, sniper can have 75% dmg red with Evasion (bugged afaik) for 3s

Mara and sorc need to hit very long CD defCDs (3min/2:30min both), for merc and op only one spec can do anything, but for merc even thats crap (what isnt for them?), snipers are bugged

PTs, 2 mercs, 2 ops (and now snipers) have nothing

Only juggs and sins can lol it

Mara can have 99% dmg red for 4s (very visible, just stun and continue after expired),

I never unstand this. Why would you CC a mara because he popped UDR? CCing him doesn't reduce or remove the DR, nor does CC'ing him cause UDR to end any earlier that it would normally.

There is literally no more reason to CC a marauder during UDR than there is at any other point in time.

I never unstand this. Why would you CC a mara because he popped UDR? CCing him doesn't reduce or remove the DR, nor does CC'ing him cause UDR to end any earlier that it would normally.

There is literally no more reason to CC a marauder during UDR than there is at any other point in time.

Because that's 4 seconds that they can be damaging you without you hurting them. Marauders may have many faults but being able to dish out significant damage in a short space of time isn't one of them if given the opportunity.

Because that's 4 seconds that they can be damaging you without you hurting them. Marauders may have many faults but being able to dish out significant damage in a short space of time isn't one of them if given the opportunity.

The damage they dish out doesn't increase with UDR. They are no more of a threat during UDR than they are without it.

You CC them during their burst window, not during their UDR window.

Man, I just wish my deception had burst like my powertech. I love my deception, I've always considered it one of my two mains, but after I play PT, which is now also in full DR gear, I lose all wish to play deception -- there is just no reason to.

As far as melee burst specs go Deception has combat stealth and can open from stealth, everything else goes to PT. :( That makes me very, very sad.

Wish they would balance these two out somehow, bring them closer in performance.

I.....

What.......

because you may not live long enough or be in a very bad (unrecoverable) place by the time UDR finishes.

The damage they dish out doesn't increase with UDR. They are no more of a threat during UDR than they are without it.

You CC them during their burst window, not during their UDR window.

GbtF and UDR usually means the sent/mara's health is low, so activating them basically lengthens the sent/mara's life by 4s. But if you CC them, you render this extra time useless

GbtF and UDR usually means the sent/mara's health is low,

Not anymore since health doesnt decrease now.

Stunning them during UDR is mainly because they cannot die during the time it is up. Sure they can killl you at any time, but you can kill them right back at all other times too. Execept when UDR is up where they get to kill you, while you get to be killed.

Edited by vennian