Where Were You...3 Years Ago!

EricMusco

The chains of our enemies bound us. The minds of our enemies forgot us.

But others remembered. Others who were close at hand.

The hour had finally come.

(...)

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE...?!?!!?!? :eek:

EDIT:

The above is a clue for what is yet come. We must analyze it with care. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chains of our enemies bound us. The minds of our enemies forgot us.

But others remembered. Others who were close at hand.

The hour had finally come.

Not you sorry bunch again...You are nothing compared to the power of Kephess the almighty!!!

Unfortunately all of the good memories I have from the game came after the opening of the market/conversion to the hybrid model.

Most of my memories prior to that, especially in the first year of release were not good ones....the first week was the worst, I almost walked away from the game for good back then.

I did have a few good memories just prior to release...watching the launch trailers, Deceived, Hope and Return.

Edited by LordArtemis

Errrrrrrrrr... But they're the ones who made him almighty. :p

Oh shush now! It was obviously all a ploy of Kephess to garner the Dread Master's support while he was still gathering his forces in secret. The army he lost on Denova was but a token force and now that both factions have been weakened by the Dread Masters and the Revanites he will return in all his glory to purge the galaxy from the nonbelievers.

Edited by Knorlac

I already had two level 60s and Disciplines... what took you guys so long!?? I am currently hunting Rancor's on Dantooine time to catch up guys!

But seriously. I had beta'd this game for couple months and had early access. My bud from work had preordered my copy as an early Christmas present so he would have someone to play with. He was a big Star Wars fan but this was his first MMO. He didn't care for it, and my brother, who wanted to play, could not resolve his technical issues. So without RL friends my interest dwindled. I eventually moved to GW2 and stayed there a few years. But I'm back and enjoying the game very much!

CLASS STORIES CLASS STORIES CLASS STORIES!!!! This is what makes SWTOR unique and I would like to see them return to this as a focus for future updates!

Oh shush now! It was obviously all a ploy of Kephess to garner the Dread Master's support while he was still gathering his forces in secret. The army he lost on Denova was but a token force and now that both factions have been weakened by the Dread Masters and the Revanites he will return in all his glory to purge the galaxy from the nonbelievers.

I CAN SEE IT NOW. IT IS GLORIOUS.

* kneels and prays *

CLASS STORIES CLASS STORIES CLASS STORIES!!!! This is what makes SWTOR unique and I would like to see them return to this as a focus for future updates!

They threw a bone to people, so they would shut the hell up. :p

In the process, we lost unique faction stories, in addition to most of our companions going silent.

To be blunt, for every single piece you're able to get back, you lose a couple and then some.

:rak_03:

They threw a bone to people, so they would shut the hell up. :p

In the process, we lost unique faction stories, in addition to most of our companions going silent.

To be blunt, for every single piece you're able to get back, you lose a couple and then some.

:rak_03:

Now now, Wicked. A wise man once said:

This is a happy topic.

Try to tone down your overall unhappiness with life, just for once. :rolleyes:

3 years ago I was fresh out of college with my 4 year Civil engineering degree and I got a job at a great company. I had never played an MMO before and when I heard that there was a SWTOR MMO i jumped at the chance and subscribed. My brother and I both played the Kotor games a lot and we loved the series, so when we saw SWTOR in an MMO it was a great experience. I played for about 2 months with a purchased time ard at Wal-Mart at the beginning but life got really busy for about 6 months and I had little time to play, so i didn't buy sub card for about 9 months. My brother played a lot in the meantime and when things settled down, I started playing again. I've been subbed ever since. This is a great game and I enjoy playing it. In the beginning I didn't know anything about keybinding, or doing heroic quests or anything mmo related, but this game made learning those things easy. Thanks BW for the great last few years!

Sincerely,

happy customer

I CAN SEE IT NOW. IT IS GLORIOUS.

* kneels and prays *

GOOD....GOOD.... Only those worthy in the eyes of the great Kephess will persevere whereas the infidels will be ground into dust by our master's unstoppable warmachine. Their worlds will burn to cinders and generations yet to be born will cry out in anguish because of their ancestor's foolishness of defying him.

*throws himself onto the floor and joins DW in prayer*

I downloaded and installed it on day one, but did not actually start playing until day three (RL is a B sometimes). I created three different characters in three days (JK, Trooper, and SW) leveled them to about ten and then stopped playing. Not that I felt SWTOR was a bad game - far from it. It is just at the time, I was a one MMO at a time player, I was playing WoW, and I was simply not done with that game. By mid-February (2 months later) I was done with WoW, and have played SWTOR ever since.

I remember Early Access three years ago, I had randomly gotten two back to back days off that would allow me to take part of early access.(This is a big deal because I work in retail/holidayshours). I remember getting the notification that I could log in and play. I played from the moment I got that email around 10 am on Dec. 13th 2011 and played until almost 4 am where I logged for a few hours to sleep and then obviously got back up and played another 10 hour period. By the time, the game officially launched I was almost to Hoth on my bounty hunter.

Hoth is where I encountered my first few republic players. I was crossing one of those ice bridges when two smugglers came out of stealth. I remember hitting my jet boost at the right moment to watch them both go flying over the edge of the bridge, falling to their deaths. I ran into them a little while later on the same bridge, but they didn't both attack on once. I knocked the one off the bridge with jet boost again and was healing up when the other attacked. A properly placed rocket punch knocked the remaining smuggler off the bridge. ( Back in the day, Rocket Punch had a knockback).

Back then the game was new and not everyone knew much about the other classes so there was a element of surprise in pvp. I still mostly do pvp and still enjoy a good fight when it comes to world pvp. Rishi and Yavin gave more of those opportunities. I hope more to come.

Dove in after scrounging what little money I could find. I'd finished my first semester of med school and was settling in to a game I'd been looking forward to for years. My trooper and I chugged across the galaxy for the next few weeks without a break. I joined probably the best guild I've ever been a part of. The whole group actually RP'd, and we had a hell of a good time just playing together. Best time I've ever had in this or any MMO. Sadly school got going again and by the time I returned the guild had fused with 'The Knights of Tython.' I never heard from those guys again, but I keep the guild name active in hopes that some day I'll figure out something to do with it.

I was taking vacation from work to level up my first character, which is still my main today. First thing I did was run to the CE vendor on fleet to see everything it held. I still wish that vendor would get some new things, especially so I could get a different PVE armor from the armor i use for PVP, but at least the armor it does sell is still unique.

I was here having a lot of fun with the best guild I've ever been in :)

I was also a bit sad because you wiped clean the forums for launch so we lost the most epic thread of all times: sword in a box :p

EDIT:

For those who weren't there, a guy named Battlebug posted the following question:

can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

The awesome part was that people, instead of mocking him for his bad English (I believe he was German), honestly tried to understand what he meant.

Result was over 50 pages! of attempts to interpret the real meaning, even including pictures !! :D

Edited by silviaslack