The 12 Days of SWTOR

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy holidays everyone! Beginning tomorrow, the Cartel Market will have daily surprise sales for the next 12 days (12/18/2014 – 12/29/2014). You can find out what’s on sale in game, but we will also be posting here and on social media the items going on the Market that day. The Market will be updated at 11:00am CT each day.

• Day 1: Coming Soon
  • Day 2: Coming Soon
  • Day 3: Coming Soon
  • Day 4: Coming Soon
  • Day 5: Coming Soon
  • Day 6: Coming Soon
  • Day 7: Coming Soon
  • Day 8: Coming Soon
  • Day 9: Coming Soon
  • Day 10: Coming Soon
  • Day 11: Coming Soon
  • Day 12: Coming Soon

May the Force be with you!

Um, ok.. Cool, I guess.... Just don't break anything else. Cause that's not cool.

Now that I've had more time to think about it, there are two things I'd like to note:

1. I'm not sure if December 29th will be part of the sale, or just the end. Because if a new sale started on December 29th, the sale would go on until December 30th, not 29th. On the other hand, it is 12 Days of SWTOR, and December 29th will be the 12th day.
  2. I believe I understood the quote "There will be two different packs on sale per day (except Dec. 24, 25, 26)" wrong. Maybe on those three days we won't get one pack less, but a pack more, so three. In that case, we'd get 27 out of all 29 packs during the sale, and it would make more sense marketing wise. Especially during Christmas where everyone wants to be with their family, they provide an extra incentive to login and spend money to ensure sales don't break down. I really wonder who at Bioware will spend his holiday refreshing the CM each day. :rak_01:

9 more hours, ogog!

Edited by Jerba

Lets hope they are not pulling resources from fixing Flash points and actually putting in drops that are better than quested gear. but yeah for cash shop. Oh yeah I'm bitter.

Yes because it takes so much time to set an allready existing item for sale on the CM. right? ;)

Not saying they shouldn't fix the obviously bugged lv60 drops but its very safe to assume the flashpoint fix won't be delayed because of this.

For the first day, we will be putting the Crime Lord and Blockade Runner's Cartel Packs back onto the market! They are available both as single packs and Hypercrates.

Ah, okay. Based on that, here's my guess on how the sale will go:

• December 18th: Crime Lord’s Cartel Pack and Blockade Runner’s Cartel Pack
  • December 19th: Skip Tracer’s Cartel Pack and Space Pirate’s Cartel Pack
  • December 20th: Regulator Contraband Pack and Vice Commandant’s Contraband Pack
  • December 21th: Archon’s Contraband Pack and Supreme Mogul’s Contraband Pack
  • December 22th: Contractor’s Bounty Pack and Pursuer’s Bounty Pack
  • December 23th: Tracker’s Bounty Pack and Opportunist’s Bounty Pack
  • December 24th: Dogfighter Starfighter Pack
  • December 25th: Galactic Ace’s Starfighter Pack
  • December 26th: Space Jockey’s Starfighter Pack
  • December 27th: Star Cluster’s Nightlife Pack and Club Vertica Nightlife Pack
  • December 28th: Gatekeeper Stronghold Pack and Constable’s Stronghold Pack
  • December 29th: Seneschal’s Stronghold Pack and Architect’s Stronghold Pack

So they are going to skip the smaller packs from the beginning of each shipment. Still unsure about the days around December 25th. Anyway, like I said, this sale is not worth it to me. 5k CC is still way too much for a hypercrate, especially for an old one where you can already have all items from it.

Edited by Jerba

For the first day, we will be putting the Crime Lord and Blockade Runner's Cartel Packs back onto the market! They are available both as single packs and Hypercrates.

Thanks, but no thanks. Keep your overpriced Cartel Packs to yourself. Not even worth the time to log in. Maybe, just maybe, you guys could do something fun and interesting for a change? I wouldn't wanna stress you guys too much, but come on, old cartel packs for way too many coins? You HAVE to do better than that.

**EDIT**

When I first read the post I thought it was a joke. Then it occurred to me that BW is serious then it became sad. Very, very sad.

Edited by Xhelis

5400cc for a hypercrate? Very expensive Bioware. All of the items from that can already be found on the GTN, one of the first hypercrates put into the game and youre smacking a £24.99 price tag on it.

Way overpriced for what it is.

It it's just going to be a bunch of "discounted" gambling packs (which are still way overpriced), then I guess I'll just move on. Nothing to see here. :-/

I was hoping for something like the 90% discounts on various specific CM-items, like we had this past Spring. That was fun AND a bargain.

5400cc for a hypercrate? Very expensive Bioware. All of the items from that can already be found on the GTN, one of the first hypercrates put into the game and youre smacking a £24.99 price tag on it.

Way overpriced for what it is.

Merry Christmas from BioWare!

Hmm, nice of them to have a sale. I'm sure some folks are looking forward to buying certain old packs.

Personally, a fairly minor discount is not enough to get me to buy something that I wasn't wanting anyway. And though I do enjoy buying a few new packs from time to time, I don't normally find them to be all that great of a value (which I realize is highly subjective for virtual cosmetic items) due to the high likelihood of getting common items that I could get on the GTN cheaply. So, like the Black Friday sale, this sale is not enough to get me to spend.

So, I will just cross my fingers for another awesome hourly flash sale eventually (even if I miss an item, its price plummets for awhile on the GTN!), and be glad for those who enjoy this one. :)

After the disappointing black friday sale I was excited about this one, but old hypercrates everyone has most the stuff from at almost no discount? I might have picked some up for 2500 for the faction items, but I guess at least I wont have to buy more cartel coins for this sale, since it's even worse than the black friday one. I was really hoping it would be fun and exciting like the flash sales they did last year.