So what is the FOTM class

Icykill_

Every other thread is "x" class is FOTM... Then another thread "y" class is flavour of the month... Then another "z" class is FOTM... I think the only class I haven't seen started as FOTM is Mara/Sent

So guys what is it??... They can't all be FOTM... LoL

Maybe there should a COTM "crapofthemonth" or SOTM "standardofthemonth" thread for the only classes not FOTM...

A lot of them are satire. Pretty much the counselor/inq class is FOTM, 1 spec each in Jugg/sent and PT/Vanguard are hoping no one notices them, and the rest are like "Figures."

This thread is satire too...

Edited by Icykill_

A lot of them are satire. Pretty much the counselor/inq class is FOTM, 1 spec each in Jugg/sent and PT/Vanguard are hoping no one notices them, and the rest are like "Figures."

Let me traslate it: " I don't play and not planing to play consular or inq, I make a random blury opinion that one of the spec (let me keep this in secret that what spec) is seems very strong of 2 classes (I know this coz I geared up one of them nearly) I'm planing to play with some other classes as well, but not consular or inq thats for sure!"

Let me traslate it: " I don't play and not planing to play consular or inq, I make a random blury opinion that one of the spec (let me keep this in secret that what spec) is seems very strong of 2 classes (I know this coz I geared up one of them nearly) I'm planing to play with some other classes as well, but not consular or inq thats for sure!"

Well Hatred Assassin and Lightning Sorcerer are OP, sooo......

Well Hatred Assassin and Lightning Sorcerer are OP, sooo......

Problem is, you're playing Deception which is very easy to kite by lighting/telekinetic sorc/sage. It's not that tk/lightning is OP, Deception is UP. I know because I used to main deception sin before 3.0 and the difference is just ridiculous.

When players are complaining about almost every class, which happens here, then there is a pretty good chance that game is fairly balanced :p Each class beside of mara/sentinel seems to have some OP/FOTM spec according to the forums.

A key indicator of when there probably is a problem is when you call a class FOTM, which just means really popular; you get people who play that class get all defensive and protesting as much as possible that they are not OP. Edited by Technohic

I would not say Vanguard is FoTM because FoTM implies that a lot of people are playing it, at least on my server its rare to have more than one powertech in a match, and quite often me and Grizz are the only two Vanguards in the match, and even when we do encounter other PTs they usually are not very good or not very bright. Edited by Zoom_VI

I would say Vanguard is FoTM because FoTM implies that a lot of people are playing it, at least on my server its rare to have more than one powertech in a match, and quite often me and Grizz are the only two Vanguards in the match, and even when we do encounter other PTs they usually are not very good or not very bright.

Deluded. This is from yesterday and I see something similar every day.

Totally only Vanguard, Right?

I totally agree with the part in red though. Glad we concur.

Edited by JeffrenBrek

I would say Vanguard is FoTM because FoTM implies that a lot of people are playing it, at least on my server its rare to have more than one powertech in a match, and quite often me and Grizz are the only two Vanguards in the match, and even when we do encounter other PTs they usually are not very good or not very bright.

there are a lot of pub-side tactics on JM. suspiciously more than ever before. I don't notice it on imp side. but there seems to always be at least one dude running around in tactics.

there also seems to be a lot of shadows. there have always been a lot of shadows though. now they're just more troublesome.

there have always been a lot of sorcs/sages. they don't really bother me except that they attack me when I'm trying to hit someone else. if they're OP, I'd say it's because you're just letting them free cast. but FotM is certainly fair based on numbers and viability.

the only red thumbs, obvious issues, I see in pvp atm are tactics SC and shadow's overlong stun immunity. I guess that's related to fotm but not its definition.

I've started to see a lot more recently, both pubside and impside on TEH. Usually in two's and three's from the same guild, and on occasion the groups get into the same match.

I totally agree with the part in red though. Glad we concur.

<Valor> and <Republic>, respectively. I think I've been in a game against 5 PTs once, but sadly I didn't screenshot it... :confused:

EDIT: A lot of them aren't very good either (what's a taunt?) but it doesn't take much brain cells to pull off the lolburst.

At any rate, I agree. They are FOTM atm.

Edited by GrizzMeshurik

On topic: AP PT/Tactics Vanguard.

It's laughable OP and a donkey could play it and be good with it.

I've started to see a lot more recently, both pubside and impside on TEH. Usually in two's and three's from the same guild, and on occasion the groups get into the same match.

<Valor> and <Republic>, respectively. I think I've been in a game against 5 PTs once, but sadly I didn't screenshot it... :confused:

At any rate, I agree. They are FOTM atm.

The full screen was actually a full Republic premade that lost to a bunch of pugs, but that isn't really relevant in this thread so I left it out. :)

That said, fully agreed on your post.

Edited by JeffrenBrek

Wow, offensive much? Also nice to see you had to crop everything else out, but hey while we are on the subject of fotm whats with all the sorc superqueues or that 6 man juggernaut premade? Or all the hatred assassins that are popping up all over?

But I'm not even sure why I should waste my time with someone who doesn't even dare to display their IGN.

Wow, offensive much? Also nice to see you had to crop everything else out, but hey while we are on the subject of fotm whats with all the sorc superqueues or that 6 man juggernaut premade? Or all the hatred assassins that are popping up all over?

But I'm not even sure why I should waste my time with someone who doesn't even dare to display their IGN.

Because none of that was relevant to this thread. I can gladly post the full screen on TEH forum, but my IGN and the rest is hardly relevant. I have plenty of screens of Sorc groups as well, but since we were on topic of PTs and you said you rarely see more than 1 and 2 ...

Edited by JeffrenBrek

Inb4 <Corruption> sorc premade... :rak_03:

I've actually seen more sorc groups than assassins. LolForceStorm much. :eek:

Edited by GrizzMeshurik

Because none of that was relevant to this thread. I can gladly post the full screen on TEH forum, but my IGN and the rest is hardly relevant. I have plenty of screens of Sorc groups as well, but since we were on topic of PTs and you said you rarely see more than 1 and 2 ...

dude. you're posting screenies with other people's names uncovered while hiding your own. that's bad form on ANY forum.

dude. you're posting screenies with other people's names uncovered while hiding your own. that's bad form on ANY forum.

How is this relevant, exactly? I answered the claim there were only 1-2 VGs by showing a screen of 4 of them. Why any of the other players in this WZ matter is beyond me.

Had I called them bads or bashed their damage or something similar, then you'd be right, but hence...

Edited by JeffrenBrek

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.