The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Solo Play is dead !

heizluefta

Why ?

1. the comm destribution is far away from being solo-friendly now ! U can get lots of basic or even elite comms, but u wont get anything like Ops ppl get !

2. Yes: for all the "OPS-Whiners" that might come out now: solo people exist !

3. Being able to do something solo, doesnt mean that one doesnt want to play in groups/guilds, or simply "doesnt do that" ! Im playing Ops when i can, in guild, in GF, and depending on time and who else is on: also content like Flashpoints ! Flashpoint are group-content, but needs less people, therefore more often to happen, and also could be titled as "solo-content" in my opinion, because u can manage that on your own, through GF e.g., to get a group !

Most of my FP daily/weekly stuff i do on my own !

4. Why did you (Bioware/EA) make it harder now to get the comms for better gear for people like me ? (which are id think more than 50% of the playerbase). Why dont you also push the "solo-content" or the "flashpoints" ?

U only want people in game that only play OPs all time ? So only the kiddies/students that dont have a job and family ?

5. The last point will do some people rage ! :-D

So do it !

6. I dont really know atm how to get/keep my 3 chars up ! If i cant do ops 3-4 times a week for hours...! Hmm ! And theres crafting, and other stuff too ! So..., hehe, s*** m* d*** ! :-D

Idk how many "hardcoregamer" here exist or push things further ! And im personally not far away from being "hardcore" in terms of "theory crafting, expierience, practice, etc". But i dont wanna see arguments or changes anymore that only favor the Ops-Community !

Why not more casual content ? Because if u have more casuals that are happy and go further, youll also have more hardcore gamers too, and not only the ones existing for 3 years now !

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your thread makes little to no sense.

Why do you crave for operations gear, if you have no interest in running operations? 186 and 192 should be enough for Solo play.

Assuming it's the armor shells you want, either get to it or wait a couple of years or so, which is the time by which they'll -- probably -- hit the Cartel Market.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

This new expansion is about as solo-friendly as it gets.

1)GSIsus droid carries you through the flashpoints.

2) In the final fight, you can literally stand back and do nothing except for carry orbs for the entire fight.

I have to ask...if you're not engaging in raiding, why do you need top tier raid gear? Why do you deserve top tier raid gear? Even people engaging in those raids still aren't fully geared yet, and wont be for months, given that they can only do the raids once per week on each toon, and even then they have to win the rolls. 186 basic comms gear is currently more than sufficient to steamroll through all of the solo content in this game with your eyes closed.

Your thread makes little to no sense.

Why do you crave for operations gear, if you have no interest in running operations? 186 and 192 should be enough for Solo play.

Assuming its the armor shells you want, either get to it or wait a couple of years or so, which is the time by which they'll -- probably -- hit the Cartel Market.

Thats the old same discussion. This old: "if u dont play ops u dont need it"-argument is dead. Sry !

And i said: i play ops. But i cant afford id many times. Id like to have another source of hard content and adequate reward. And the gap between ops and FP is tooo big ! U want skilled people to get skilled gear ? Ok ! But if u dont keep in mind that there are different people, having different time to invest, being on different servers (e.g. i wait half an hour for a FP pop, but i said that in another thread), what do u want ?

Only the hardcore-community that also is perma-playing like having no job getting the best gear all time ?

Or is there a "tiny" way to get the rest of the community in that too ? And WHY NOT ?

Edited by heizluefta

On one hand, this was a fairly solo-friendly expansion, and it's great that they've added solo mode to FPs -- I hope they expand on that idea to open up the story and content to more players.

On the other than, the idea that top-level gear is pointless if you don't "need" it... something smells funny about that one.

I am trying to understand the point of this thread, since it basically has none. So far I am trying to figure out the point when the content wasn't soloable, because it's been quite soloable, or is this another case of whiners saying they should get all of the content without the effort required to do it?

And whats the reward for that ? More basic comms ?

Id like to see something thats "heavy and difficult" but rewards a bit of the upper class gear or comms !

Is it really that this question is toooooo strange ?

If I remember correctly:

20 Basic, 4 Elite

And no, easy content shouldn't give Ultimate comms. Current 186 is fine for anything soloable. I'm going to try 55 HMs today. I don't even care if I can do it or not. I'm going to do it only for the fun.

Id like to see something thats "heavy and difficult" but rewards a bit of the upper class gear or comms !

Well sorry, but yes, it is. You shouldn't be rewarded the best possible gear for the easiest possible content. Either accept you aren't getting it or join the hard mode groups and earn it, like the people that do that content.

Lol, youre not getting it ! Why shouldnt it be possible to get comms or droprates for highend in another "smaller-group-content" ? Watch other games. If u did, you would see that many games follow that pattern. But swtor, idk why, only pushes high end large group content ! Why ?

There could be several ways to get more people into harder content. Its not about stealing your comms u ******nerd !

Its about getting more people into content. And have less gaps and give ppl a chance to do more on their own (or do something because *********** server is underpopulated or they simply dont have time for ops all time because they have family or.....and so on....). Even if being in a guild or having Groupfinder, that doesnt work out all time u know ?

And btw, it would make the game richer/better in terms of diversity !

Edited by heizluefta

Again, we don't need 198 if we are not doing HM Ops.

Um, needing the same gear that drops in the op, to do that op is not how it works. :D

186's are the entry to the SM's. You earn 192's in SM to prepare for HM, you earn 198's in HM to prepare for NiM(when it gets released in a few months.)

So the requirements are:

SM: 186

HM: 192

NiM: 198

Why ?

1. the comm destribution is far away from being solo-friendly now ! U can get lots of basic or even elite comms, but u wont get anything like Ops ppl get ! And solo players don't need ops-level gear.

2. Yes: for all the "OPS-Whiners" that might come out now: solo people exist ! I'm sure everyone who plays ops, knows this already.

3. Being able to do something solo, doesnt mean that one doesnt want to play in groups/guilds, or simply "doesnt do that" ! Im playing Ops when i can, in guild, in GF, and depending on time and who else is on: also content like Flashpoints ! Flashpoint are group-content, but needs less people, therefore more often to happen, and also could be titled as "solo-content" in my opinion, because u can manage that on your own, through GF e.g., to get a group !

Most of my FP daily/weekly stuff i do on my own ! True, but if you're doing ops, you'll get ops-level gear and you're also not a "solo player" as that would indicate that you play almost exclusively solo play.

4. Why did you (Bioware/EA) make it harder now to get the comms for better gear for people like me ? (which are id think more than 50% of the playerbase). Why dont you also push the "solo-content" or the "flashpoints" ?

U only want people in game that only play OPs all time ? So only the kiddies/students that dont have a job and family ? Because A: Solo players don't need ops-level gear and B: because solo players don't need ops-level gear. Oh and C: Because you're not a solo player if you play ops, which you do, so you're not.

5. The last point will do some people rage ! :-D

So do it ! Just go earn your ops-level gear by doing ops... like everyone else...

6. I dont really know atm how to get/keep my 3 chars up ! If i cant do ops 3-4 times a week for hours...! Hmm ! And theres crafting, and other stuff too ! So..., hehe, s*** m* d*** ! :-D

Well, if you're not going to do ops with all three chars, then you don't need to keep them "up" in the first place.

And if you "need" to keep them up, then it's because you'll be doing ops which means you are not a "solo player" and thus have to grind ops just like everyone else.

Idk how many "hardcoregamer" here exist or push things further ! And im personally not far away from being "hardcore" in terms of "theory crafting, expierience, practice, etc". But i dont wanna see arguments or changes anymore that only favor the Ops-Community ! You seem to fail to realize that you are actually part of the "ops-community" because you play ops.

Why not more casual content ? Because if u have more casuals that are happy and go further, youll also have more hardcore gamers too, and not only the ones existing for 3 years now ! Because people who don't play ops don't need ops-level gear. So stop asking for handouts.

Answers in red.

And yes, I am truly a "solo player".

Haven't played a single op or FP HM since the game launched.

Haven't even touched some of the higher level flashpoints in story mode.

TL;DR If you are a solo player, you don't need ops-level gear.

k, thx for that post ! Nice ! But -.-:

for me: its not only about "im an ops player or not" or im a "solo player" or not (i am both). Its also about possibilities. And the path right now is more than boring ! Do Ops for max gear, or endless farm flashpoints that are harder and give less comms. So Do we have a choice ? No !

I dont understand why there is no NiM Flashpoints ! Would be much easier to get groups and so on...!

And i also really dont understand why these discussions always follow one pattern/get one direction !

Are u really able to think about "my" opinion ?

Do u mind ?

Or is it just trolling in forums all the time ?

Edited by heizluefta

I think punctuation marks might go take a vacation, becaus even with them, I have a hard time following your posts.

Solo players do not need Ops gear. They don't. 182 is enough to do solo things just fine. Anything higher is over kill. I took my main in 178/182s, non-Ops, ran through stuff I forgot I still had to do (Oricon story for the most part, and finishing HK), and those felt like I was tromping through Hutta on her for kicks at level 55. But my companion was in 172/178s and did just fine in them too.

Getting Ops gear for non-Ops things doesn't make sense to me, unless the grind is lower, or players are selling on the GTN.

NiM FPs sound like fun, but should not be considered the same as Ops. Or if they are, they should have a slower grind than regular Ops.

Oh, and hello, I solo this game most of the time. I group from time to time just see what it is like, but for the most part, I stick to solo mode, as an actual solo-er.

the bounty hunter quests give elite comms. not much but it's something

I think punctuation marks might go take a vacation, becaus even with them, I have a hard time following your posts.

Solo players do not need Ops gear. They don't. 182 is enough to do solo things just fine. Anything higher is over kill. I took my main in 178/182s, non-Ops, ran through stuff I forgot I still had to do (Oricon story for the most part, and finishing HK), and those felt like I was tromping through Hutta on her for kicks at level 55. But my companion was in 172/178s and did just fine in them too.

Getting Ops gear for non-Ops things doesn't make sense to me, unless the grind is lower, or players are selling on the GTN.

NiM FPs sound like fun, but should not be considered the same as Ops. Or if they are, they should have a slower grind than regular Ops.

Oh, and hello, I solo this game most of the time. I group from time to time just see what it is like, but for the most part, I stick to solo mode, as an actual solo-er.

I never said that it has to be the same reward. Just a bit would be nice !

And youre alse arguing the same way the most ppl do. If u dont ops u dont need the gear. Thx. U didnt read what i wrote ?

I DO OPS !!!

But i also like to see other stuff !

Do u all have an imagination of "relations" ? Writing in forums here mostly means getting black&white answers. But nothing realistic. And this is one more example. This discussion is sooooo old.

And u still dont get it !

why would it be nice exactly?

what possibilities are you speaking of, if you mostly solo anyways?

speaking of which - a reminder. whenever next tier of content comes out, previous tier of ops gear becomes craftable. moreover - entry gear moves up a bit, so gear you get from storymodes right now? is going to be purchasable with.. drum roll basic commendations! there's your other way of getting higher end gear.

pretty sure that most of us don't care about how other games do it. not only that but best operations gear is a reward for doing operations. apparently this is something that needs to be repeated.

your reasoning "I cannot get rewards from group play by doing solo content =solo content is dead" is absurd. this expansion is probably THE most solo friendly of all the content we have had added. I mean.. you get to experiences flashpoints solo - uninterrupted story. this is something people complained about, so bioware delivered! you are not restricted from experiencing it and you don't need a group for it. you HAVE solo content. you just want it to offer rewards from what's left of the content that's meant for group play only. god forbid we have ANYTHING in an MMORPG that requires a group to complete - perish the thought!

Apparently, no one is getting it. I carefully read through your posts and even I - 95% solo player - don't get it.

Eventually, one hits max gear. For a solo player, basic comms provide (more or less) the max gear. That's one of the problems of end game (not only in Swtor): It's, well, the end. ;)

Edited by JattaGin

I never said that it has to be the same reward. Just a bit would be nice !

And youre alse arguing the same way the most ppl do. If u dont ops u dont need the gear. Thx. U didnt read what i wrote ?

I DO OPS !!!

But i also like to see other stuff !

Do u all have an imagination of "relations" ? Writing in forums here mostly means getting black&white answers. But nothing realistic. And this is one more example. This discussion is sooooo old.

No, I read what you said. You are not a Solo Player. You are a semi-Ops Player. Ergo, your subject is invalid, because you do Ops, so you in fact can do the same grind as everyone else who does ANY Ops.

Does grind and Random Number Gods suck? Yes, but they are fair to those who put in the effort.

And yes, the "If you don't do X content, then you don't need X gear" is valid.

Here's an analogy:

I don't PvP, so should I demand to get PvP gear anyway? No, because it would be useless to me. Useless. Of no use. Taking up space in storage.

Yes, Ops gear is very nice to run Solo content in, but it is beyond just being above what Solo content requires. Running Solo stuff in pure Ops gear min/maxed for best performance, is akin to a 50-55 running a lowbie world planetary story quest.

If you are done with this conversation, why are you still posting?