The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Refund training costs [yes] / [no]

Deewe

I say this as a casual player who probably doesn't even play 10 hours a week.

No. I really don't see the point. Do some dailies for a week and you probably can replace everything you lost in training. hell, the dailies at Blackhole alone pays out $35k credits a day. And that is not even doing the Heroic. The average player should be in and out in less than 10 mins.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure i vote yes. This is what i fully expect them to do and failure to do so will play vital part in my "throwing money at SWTOR" decisions. This was either cynical attempt to remove credits from certain demographics , a sign of ineptitude or mix of both.

trainer costs were part of this game for 3 years. It was only the final reaction from having to retrain certain abilities that finally made them decide to cut costs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on a side note, this is just speculation, but could they even do that? I mean, track the exact amount you have spent on trainer costs, and return it to each and every single individual player? and more importantly, would it be worth the effort it would take? I mean there are still issues to be resolved. Yes, it would be cool if they did, but at the same time, its not like they can magically return the money with the turn of a wand to again, every single player who trained abilities for a one week period. I don't know, I don't understand what goes on back there, but I can't visualize any way that they could do that in which the cost wouldn't outweigh any reward

on a side note, this is just speculation, but could they even do that? I mean, track the exact amount you have spent on trainer costs, and return it to each and every single individual player?

This is a total guess on my part, but I can imagine it could be done in one of two ways:

1. Every purchase for every toon on every account for every server is logged. Individually. This history would need to be kept long enough to cover the time since the 3.0 early access started.

That seems like a whole lot of database space. I could imagine this being kept for a couple of days, but longer? Possible. I would be surprised if logging were done this way for as far back as it would be required.

2. A backup of player "states" is grabbed from just after 3.0, and just after 3.0.0a. Each toon's list of "purchased" abilities is compared, and the differential is then looked up in tables of prices and summed.

I would imagine they would have backups of this nature. However, this solution would require a lot of work to pull off.

Edited by Khevar

Would I like a refund ? yes

Do I expect one no it would probably be to complicated for BW

I do however resent Hippocratic statements and opinions of people who did not have early access and did not spend a .5 mil credits to train up there abilities. They have no dog in the fight ,yes it is easy to make credits I spent a couple of hours doing it so I could train up my abilities., but I would have much rather spent it on something else .

Or more likely, it was the devs coming up with a idea they thought would be well received (free training forever!) and instead being surprised by a flood of complaints.

My analysis of that situation (and this one with the clamor for refunds): people be crazy.

Here is the thing,if SOR was supposed to be launch with those trainer prices - it is complete sillyness because new players with 1 or 2 characters would not stand a chance to level and train those. Running dailies,well geared and with geared companion is not the same as running dailies wearing mostly blue (sometimes even green) stuff. Later is a torture.

Also,things like removng trainers costs are not decided and executed overnight. It influences game most profoundly. It is rediculous to assume that devs suddenly met other cup of tee after release of expansions and spontaneously decided to remove the costs only because of the complains of too high training prices.

I dont know maybe its because I am a grown up and I dont expect something for nothing? training skills has a cost as it should be, nothing in real life or game should be free, this whole self entitlement generation we have now is really making a mess of things.

If they give back all the credits we have spent during leveling it would be millions if not billions of credits. Do you know what that would do to in-game economy?

think your sarcasm radar is broken...if you happened to look at the spoiler you woudl see that I too am clearly in a minority of the NO!!!

Yes... Please refund all training costs since 3.0 early release

Most definitely the training cost should be refunded. Doesn't make sense to do it other expansions and not for SOR. These cost are not cheap and if you don't have the updated training it could severely affect your ability to play the game.

Here is the thing,if SOR was supposed to be launch with those trainer prices - it is complete sillyness because new players with 1 or 2 characters would not stand a chance to level and train those. Running dailies,well geared and with geared companion is not the same as running dailies wearing mostly blue (sometimes even green) stuff. Later is a torture.

Also,things like removng trainers costs are not decided and executed overnight. It influences game most profoundly. It is rediculous to assume that devs suddenly met other cup of tee after release of expansions and spontaneously decided to remove the costs only because of the complains of too high training prices.

I don't think its likely for a player to be running around doing dailies in sub-par gear in 3.0. If the level 55 is a fresh 55 and is wearing item rating 116 (level 50 greens) they will get a full set of 162 greens from doing the bolstered Solo Mode flashpoints in the Forged Alliances series that is required to complete before visiting Rishi. Once on Rishi, you can get a full set of 172 gear rather quickly from the first set of missions you complete. The second half of Rishi will provide a second full set of gear with a 178 rating, and a main hand weapon with a 178 rating. As long as you have at least one companion that uses the same primary stat as you, you should have a full set of good gear for both yourself and at least 1 companion. This 178 rating gear is more than enough to clear all the dailies on Yavin IV without any real risk. The other daily quest hubs should be easier since the mobs will all be several levels lower than you.

Truthfully, you can easily clear any of the daily hubs at level 60 wearing nothing but those 162 greens you started with at level 55. I have a Merc I leveled during the 12xp event and he wore the 162 greens from FA until he was level 60 and then I bought a full set of 186 gear as his first upgrade since level 55. I used the 178 set on Treek, the 172 set on Blizz, and then after I bought the 186 set I passed the 162 set down to Skadge.

So people complained about spending 150k to relearn skills, they also complained it cost about a million to gain skills from 55-60 and now are demanding refunds! but not a peep about it costing over 3 million to augment with mK-10s! Lol you guys are funny...I guess that will be the next complaint hmm?

Well, they have had two patches now but have not refunded the credits. I would not expect to see refunds coming. Naturally people can do as they wish, but I think, much like the AC change thread this will likely go nowhere.

I think most folks are very satisfied with what was provided (speculative naturally) and perhaps we should move on to other matters.

Well, they have had two patches now but have not refunded the credits. I would not expect to see refunds coming. Naturally people can do as they wish, but I think, much like the AC change thread this will likely go nowhere.

I'm not even close to psychic, but I could have told you that after the first post.

I think most folks are very satisfied with what was provided (speculative naturally) and perhaps we should move on to other matters.

Bangin' idee thar, bro! /passes huka

Plus, if you read the thread where Musco announced that they were eliminating the costs, in another post in that same thread, he also said they would not be doing refunds. I really don't see why this is a discussion.

Hi guys,

was wondering, for the people looking after a refund. Provided it would be technically impossible or too difficult.

Would you settle for some kind of compensation? Like either some credits down to a unique item?

LordArtemis has a good extensive list flying around...

Hi guys,

was wondering, for the people looking after a refund. Provided it would be technically impossible or too difficult.

Would you settle for some kind of compensation? Like either some credits down to a unique item?

There are far more important issues at hand then refunding easily gained credits.

Plus, if you read the thread where Musco announced that they were eliminating the costs, in another post in that same thread, he also said they would not be doing refunds. I really don't see why this is a discussion.

Some people just cannot take NO, for an answer.

Hi guys,

OK seriously, enough already. No refunds, let it go. The focus needs to be on more important things. Like the absolutely horrendous abilities and combat lag on Belsavis ever since 3.0 I just made coffee in between some combat actions. That's the sort of stuff that needs to be discussed and focused on by the devs.

OK seriously, enough already. No refunds, let it go. The focus needs to be on more important things. Like the absolutely horrendous abilities and combat lag on Belsavis ever since 3.0 I just made coffee in between some combat actions. That's the sort of stuff that needs to be discussed and focused on by the devs.

Tss ! You just cant stand the Discussion ? Most ppl here dont though !

Edited by heizluefta

Why don't you just stop reading and posting in this thread... Obviously it upsets you that people have a different opinion to yours

Edited by Icykill_

So we have 49% for a refund and 33% against. ie the first group has 50% more people than the second one which could be the ones that doesn't care :)

Now what would be interesting to know is if it's because people are simply greedy or find it unfair.

That being said, would a refund or compensation be issued I seriously doubt people vehement against it would turn the offer down.