List what you like and dont like about this expansion

BlackEyeArtistry

Dislikes-

-They are fixing the "Meat Tree" as it has come to be known as so that is cool, except for the long line of people trying to access it.

-The whole Crier Droid thing

-Companions not getting positive or negative off decisions made

-Paying for skills as a sub :)

Likes-

Pretty much everything, esp the "Torch fight" !!! Think they did a terrific job

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still it's difficult for me to swallow.

Darth Marr favors pragmatism instead of blind hatred.

Empire side, at the end of the Battle of Rishi,

I'd never expect otherwise from him.

And I lost it in my spec. 2 specs lost it. One spec kept it. The other abilities are no longer on the Sentinel at all.

Was there a use for Cauterize outside Annihilation / Watchman?

I never used it outside of those.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

-The look of the planets. - Even with cartoonish graphics the art team did the best job given the tools.

- The Class Story - It was incredibly short and didn't answer anything but I like that it existed even if it wasn't very good.

- The large number of new daily quests. - There are so many choices now of what to do if you feel like it.

Dislike

- How short it was - This is probably shorter than the prologue in the original game. It would have been nice for a chapter 3 length story.

- The heavy nerfing of gear - A lot of dread masters died to get me my gear and now its replaced by stuff purchased from daily coms. One was hard work the other easy it does feel like the effort was worthwhile.

- The lack of content - Blood hunt is about a 30 min tactical and while Battle for Rishi is a little longer hardly vast amounts for the weekly given it will probably be months before more are added. As for the actual story it can be done in an afternoon.

- The lack of story, conflict or war. As epic stories go to say good bye to Revan this was a bit lame. 2 Worlds and a ritual doesn't really live up to the hype of the first trailer.

-The lack of any real closure. After the expansion I have no idea what state the galaxy is in but its all back to the space dock to run 2 ops 4 HM and 2 tactical flashpoints.

- That the big bad turns out to be a split personality and crazy. Other than having a few million health and bug like power Revan goes from the hero of Kotor to something fairly pathetic.

- How little use was made of Yavin 4 and the temples, so much more could have been done.

- That everyone comes together and holds hands and work together to overcome the bad man who turns out to be good deep down. Its a god damn after school special.

Its actually easier for me to just post what i don't like since

I think this has been an awesome expansion so far

- ops not soloable

-no new companion quests

-companions themselves underutilized in the field.

- very little new companion dialogue

Basically thats it .

* Beautiful planet, Rishi, definitely amazing

Dislikes:

* Combat changes of my favourite class and spec (playing with it is so different, it is more like a new class)

* poor effects (just for my spec)

* New pvp gear (i had just completed the ranked gear and now all are junk, u can understand how much i am frustrated...)

* Bugs but mostly the GSF bugs

Edited by erdems

Likes: Seems like there is a lot of new gear designs, unique and different from the different vendors and quest rewards. Example: For the first time in a year's worth of playing I'm actually considering wearing the new PVP gear on my main. Unique mounts as well from rep vendors.

2) Rishi was cool looking, a tad bit too maze like which got annoying but on the whole I like the planet.

3) the 12x XP perk for pre-order was Quite nice!

4) Solo mode FP's were nice for the prologue lead in to the xpack.

Dislikes:

1) The most heartbreaking was the bugged final fight. I was prepared to look past a lot..... Disciplines and occasional quest bugs and shortness of the xpack content and even lack of any PVP content what so ever (SERIOUSLY, NO PVP CONTENT?) What do you think people do at the endgame? It's such a simple content fix for you guys... just drop a new WZ now and then and call it good.

I was prepared to give the xpack 7-7.5 outta 10 but then I had my time with bugged Revan and now revised it to 5/10

P.S. SOOOOOO much more you could do with Yavin 4, for a planet with so much lore and history, I felt is was kinda underused.

WARNING: May contain spoilers for those who haven't finished the SoR storyline.

Dislike:

-Length. I wish it could have been longer. More like a chapter 5.

That's pretty much it for dislike. The content we were given was phenomenal though and I can see Bioware expanding on this greatly in the future.

Like:

-Planets. Rishi was just so fun to be on and Yavin 4 looked great. I wish there had been more on Yavin though.

-"Torch". She was awesome.

-Pirates. I kept thinking of Tortuga and Port Royal as I played this and the pirate garb is my new favorite look.

I thought we actually got more in Shadow of Revan than in Rise of the Hutt Cartel, think about it. We only got 1 planet in Cartel and 2 in Revan. We got some major changes in gameplay for the better (in my opinion) and 1 of 2 unseen characters in the cinematics was introduced. Also I thought Empire and Republic both got a satisfying ending unlike in Cartel where Republic just about failed. Though it did buy the Imps time to get their act together. Don't get me wrong, I liked Cartel, but Revan was more exciting.

This leaves the whole "Emperor's return?" thing to be answered in future story. Hopefully a new chapter with an new companion for each class.

Edited by dgpocarter

Like:

1. New trees and bushes for Stronghold

2. New companion conversations

Dislike:

1. Main story boss fight - broken

2. Stronghold decorations - broken

3. No cinematic quest scenes - (the only real difference between SWTOR and other games)

4. GSF - broken

5. Class balance - broken, some might say, destroyed (Maurader/JK anyone?)

6. Player versus MOB- broken (silver mobs way overbuffed players underpowered)

7. Raids - broken

8. Lev 60s unable to complete lower level FPs and Ops (even rep stuff like Czerka)

10. Server side latency - absurd

11. Many items and abilities formerly in-game GONE (i.e., rapid shots... reusable bios)

13 . Horrible new skill "rail" system, one step away from cookie-cutter ... AAAND

14. The thing that REALLY pisses me off: I PAID for this piece of crap to be an UNPAID beta tester.

Bioware FIX THIS MESS!!!

Like:

more to do in swtor...

Dislike:

Limited fast travel terminals,

performance issues. this expansion is broken

lag, sometimes unplayable,

STILL NO ICONIC JEDI ROBES AFTER 3 YEARS!

Spending 2 million on abilities to find out that in few days others will enjoy them for free.

This is early access, do you expect it to be perfect? In about a week most issues will probably be fixed. The lag is because of all the players coming back and was expected. If you play on the Shadowlands server and got horrible lag it's probably because it crashed and for the rest of the day it has been really bad on some places like Yavin 4 but that might be because there are 100 people and only one instance. And wasting 2 million credits on abilities has nothing to do with the new expansion.

This is early access, do you expect it to be perfect? In about a week most issues will probably be fixed.

What the hell do you mean, "this is early access do you expect it to be perfect?" I've never demanded nor expected perfection, even in a release. BUT, I do expect a final, finished product, even if it has a few bugs.

"Early Access" to new content is advertised and sold by Bioware as a perk of being a subscriber. In my view this means that once Bioware has a saleable product, subscribers will get first dibs. What it does not mean to me is that subscribers will pay for the privilege of being unpaid beta testers.

But I paid for this junk and in my many years in online gaming, I have never seen a content patch that broke so many other existing game systems before. Seriously, patch 3.0 is a sick joke, an unpolished turd that should never have been unleashed on anyone outside the studio that produced it.

I have had no problems whatsoever other than lag. Some have had trouble and some haven't. It will be fixed probably but yes it is a little odd that there would be so many errors. Calling this a sick turd is a little extreme though. Edited by dgpocarter

What the hell do you mean, "this is early access do you expect it to be perfect?" I've never demanded nor expected perfection, even in a release. BUT, I do expect a final, finished product, even if it has a few bugs.

"Early Access" to new content is advertised and sold by Bioware as a perk of being a subscriber. In my view this means that once Bioware has a saleable product, subscribers will get first dibs. What it does not mean to me is that subscribers will pay for the privilege of being unpaid beta testers.

But I paid for this junk and in my many years in online gaming, I have never seen a content patch that broke so many other existing game systems before. Seriously, patch 3.0 is a sick joke, an unpolished turd that should never have been unleashed on anyone outside the studio that produced it.

I have had no problems whatsoever other than lag. Some have had trouble and some haven't. It will be fixed probably but yes it is a little odd that there would be so many errors. Calling this a sick turd is a little extreme though.

Edited by dgpocarter

- I like the discipline system better than the tree system.

- I like Rishi's design. Very pretty.

- I like the two class stories I've done so far (Knight and Agent). Short but emotional.

- I like that companions get to (partly) return.

- I like the new UI options.

- I like the writing and story overall.

- I like that we get HM versions of the Forged Alliance stuff.

- I like the repeatable weapon quests for companions.

- I like the SCORPIO customization option.

DISLIKE

- I dislike that the new tactical flashpoints can only be solo'd once, and involve a story-breaking droid instead of additional companions.

- I dislike the bugs.

- I dislike that Imps and Pubs get (mostly) the same story.

- I dislike that many companions are missing and there's no repeatable content with them.

- I dislike that we only have two Tacticals right now.

- I dislike that Agents don't get the Companion-heavy intro to Rishi.

Like:

• The storyline
  • The characters and the character interactions
  • The cinematic presentation of the main storyline
  • The class-specific quests
  • Rishi
  • The Rishii
  • The expanding developers' 'toolbox' - solo flashpoints, personal phases, one-click NPC quests
  • "Torch" making an in-game appearance
  • The Massassi being part of the game
  • The epic feel of the solo version of the final fight when it works
  • The reputation rewards

Dislike:

• The broken final fight
  • The main storyline being largely identical for both factions instead of being more faction-specific
  • Disciplines (I don't hate them, and I appreciate the dev-side reasons for having them, I just personally prefer the old skill trees)
  • Overusing some of the new tools in their 'toolbox' (the one-click NPC quests would work better on subsequent Dailies, but the first time there should be a full interaction)
  • The ability-delay lag being back and a few bugged quests on Rishi (damn that tree)
  • Issues with solo mode FPs for Forged Alliances for those who started the group version
  • No new Warzones

Ok Iwill start first with what I like because the list will be shorter. Please share what you like and dont.

What I dont like.

1. This expansion is filled with bugs. I feel like it should have been more polished.

2. One day to get to 60, is way to fast. Where is all the content I paid for. Im running Oricon already on my second day of the expansion.

3. No heroics. Makeb has what 5 heroics and a ton of quests. These two planets combined are no where near that expansion as far as content.

4. No daily box on Rishi.......Really?

5. Why do the dailies on Yavin pay so little. Once my rep grind is over I will be back grinding older content to make money and comms.

6. Makeb has 17 dailies and you can do the staged quests, which is a ton of content. Oricron has more stuff to do and it wasn't even a expansion.

8. Are we going to see a regular flashpoint ever again? You know the ones you need a tank, 2 dps and a healer for?

1 - agree.

2 - took me 2 days to get to revan, but was only lvl58, with all quests done, even bonus and dailys...

3 - Actualy, Makeb got 12, if i'm not mistaken, those 5, plus 6 from staged weekly, plus 1 from gsi. Thats 12 - 0, not even Ronaldo could do better...

4 - For some reason they think npc's quest givers without cinematic convs would be better then mission terminals, i mean, were they on drugs all this time?

5 - Right, i think lvl50 areas give more credits...

6 - 17, plus the gsi ones.

8 - they missed a great oportunity to do something new and funny, like i sugested in an old post. Solo mode would be more fun if instead of that droid, we could take 2 more companions. So, full grp of 4, the player char and 3 comps. That would actualy be funny and a real improvement to the game.

- I dislike that Agents don't get the Companion-heavy intro to Rishi.

You are supposed to see one. It's been affirmed in the Dev Tracker and the SWTOR Twitter account that Imperial Agents who finished their class stories should be getting a longer Rishi intro featuring companion dialog. It's glitched right now and people who have completed all of the relevant missions are still getting the abbreviated intro.

With luck it'll be fixed by Tuesday. If you've already completed the mission on your Agent, then at least you can watch it on YouTube when somebody uploads it, since I don't think there are any dialog choices for you to miss.

Now, my votes for like and dont like.

LIKE:

1 - no lower grade gather resources in new areas. (like it even more coz i actualy talked about this in one of my sugestions posts)

DONT LIKE:

1 - not enough content to reach lvl60

2 - too fast to finish the story line

3 - revan gives the name to the expancion, and not only we kill him after 1 or 2 days of quests, but also we kill him in solo mode quest??? Do you remember how long it took for ppl to kill the lich king, for example? Shouldnt the name of the expancion be like the last boss, of the last ops?

4 - gather resources required 451 skill, when everyone was stucked at 450, *** man, you on drugs?

5 - new class missions were too small, feels like were only used for false publicity

6 - side quests without cinematic convs.

7 - base in yavin4 where you have medcenter, taxi, quest givers and vendors, is pvp area... really? drugs again?

8 - rishi was medium, but yavin4 is way too small, looks like something you release in some patch.

9 - rishi and yavin4 have similar look, both are jungles, not much change in the looks, doesnt even feel like you changed planet, but just moved to another island.

10 - disciplines system, not even gonna say why (coz we get 7 poins to chose instead of 51????), got a post about that right here, so take a look.

11 - same story line for both factions

12 - no heroics, area, or staged bonus missions.

13 - no small changes/improvements, examples: dmg meter in the interface, mounts and pets legacy wide, lfg channel in all planets, grp finder tool for heroic missions like the gsi ones, etc, small but important things, that would make the comunity see that you guys are actualy doing something.

14 - the rate, 13 dont like vs 1 like, i mean, is just... gives a bad feeling about the future of the game :(

Ok, sorry, but i forgot a few things.

Like:

Dont Like:

15 - strong moobs doing more dmg then elites...

16 - 2 bugged quests, and one is the most important fight of all the story, that doesnt allow most of us to finish it, and your word on that is "we aim to release the fix in a patch next week", when your word should have been "we aim to fix and release the fix asap", even if you dont do it, just lie to us and say you gonna try do it. Dont you have PR's working there?

17 - lack of QT points in Rishi

18 - no fast way to travel from Rishi-Yavin4-Rishi

19 - no improvements in SH's hooks system

20 - weapon from quest reward with ship droid name on it, and they cant equip it... really? i mean, if isnt drugs, then you got someone there trying to sabotage the game...

21 - no word on "we will refund players that got the pre-release, the cost of all abilities they got on trainer, when those will become free for all next week, since those players are the ones who love this game most, and they deserve at least this small gesture of consideration from BW".

22 - no word on "we will also refund players for the credits they spend in repairs from wipes in revan fight".

Like:

- Pretty much everything.

- Blood Hunt has new, interesting design for FP

Dislike:

- Bugs

- Navigating on Rishi can be a bit annoying.

- All the whining about Disciplines and how everything is broken now.

Edited by Halinalle