Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Just spent around 50k at the trainer for skills that I already earned.

TheBBP

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we will have to see. Some folks in game are saying it is the same (except for abilities removed), others are saying they have to pay.

I am suspicious that they may have chosen a discipline they did not have before, and that is why they have to pay. So far my friends indicate that when you rechoose the same build you had before you get all of the abilities you had up to your current level....the ones you paid for.

Somehow, I doubt that its a bug.

I strongly doubt this is a bug as well, but I'm HOPING it's simply an oversight that they will rectify soon. With the various changes to the skill system there are many classes that have lost baseline skills for their advanced class which have been put into the trees themselves with no refund given (Expected). A few advanced classes have actually lost skills altogether (Marauder Retaliation etc) with no refund (Again, expected).

But for the various skills we've already trained on our characters, having to go back and repurchase them simply because they changed how the system works is not okay. Frankly, the only logical way I can see them fixing this would simply be to take note of the level of each currently existing character at the moment when 3.0 dropped, and flag them for 0 credit training costs up to that level.

Of course, what will really happen, is we will eat the credit cost and will probably never even hear a word about this from Bioware.

Well, we will have to see. Some folks in game are saying it is the same (except for abilities removed), others are saying they have to pay.

I am suspicious that they may have chosen a discipline they did not have before, and that is why they have to pay. So far my friends indicate that when you rechoose the same build you had before you get all of the abilities you had up to your current level....the ones you paid for.

I chose the same trees that I ran with before.

In doubt it's a bug, Bioware loves their credit sinks.

How is it not a bug? Are saying they deliberately intended to make preexisting toons repay for skills? Are you saying that they implemented a credit sink that only applies for those that leveled pre 3.0?

Edited by Zoom_VI

Anything that is new to the class is fair to pay for now.

However, there is not a single circumstance IMO where it could be considered reasonable and prudent to expect a player to repurchase a skill. The very idea is toxic in my view, as it will obviously anger quite a few folks.

It is petty IMO. Even if the solution means no cost at all, you do not charge players twice for the same thing under any circumstance.....it is just bad form obviously.

If this is the case folks are obviously NOT going to be happy about this.

I really don't hope this is so. I have probably 10.000 on my level 55.

Sad truth is you HAVE to pay for new/move/added skills AGAIN.......

On top of that, Each Gather/crafting skill upgrade cost 50K EACH.

Then you have to grind all that up, More costs....

Level up.... More costs......

Sorry, but it's not a bug :(

Ok, i have to add my voice to the angry group on this....just found out resurgence, an ability I had paid for on my sorc is now one I have to pay for again....

So this is confirmed. Have not tried other classes, but I can say I will NOT pay twice for an ability. I am not sure yet how I wish to handle this, but for now I will simply express my disappointment with Bioware.

This was an obviously foolish move on their part.

Ok, i have to add my voice to the angry group on this....just found out resurgence, an ability I had paid for on my sorc is now one I have to pay for again....

So this is confirmed. Have not tried other classes, but I can say I will NOT pay twice for an ability. I am not sure yet how I wish to handle this, but for now I will simply express my disappointment with Bioware.

This was an obviously foolish move on their part.

I'm going to have to agree with this, this makes me scared to log in......

Same here, I have spent a lot of money the last few days augmenting and what not, really don't want to pay again for skills I've already paid for.

Why on earth did you spend the last few days augmenting? You realize new augments were released today right?

Why on earth did you spend the last few days augmenting? You realize new augments were released today right?

Because pvp without augments is unbearable. Gear is everything in this game.

Edited by Vember

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.