The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hate this new skill tree

FlamingoChest

I just updated to this 3.0.....I gotta admit. I hate it. I hate hate hate it. I cant get used to it I lost like 4 main abilities i used. I hate it. The setup is lame. Cant stand playing anymore. Most likely will quit playing. and this sucks cause i love SWTOR and i was dreading this new system when it was mentioned. My friends and I play this game together and we all agree that we hate it, and its a shame cause we drop big bucks on the game and this sucks cause we cant stand it. I gave it a chance and I cant stand it. Really cant. Anyone else dislike this new system

Its not that I don't like the new system, I do. What I don't like is no longer having my 12x-xp boost... For that reason, I have no more interest in playing the game for my own reasons - until/unless they re-implement the xp boost.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been trying it.. And you can tell just about every chanhge was made for PvP excpt for a couple of storys.. and some raid bonuses LOL.. that and watching them hand out warnings to anyone not attacking people that do not like the new system

What 4 abilities did you lose?

I wonder this as well (sorry if it was mentioned, too lazy to browse through 15+ pages of rant). Disciplines did not remove any active abilities, it added them. Some abilities getting removed or merged has nothing to do with disciplines

This does feel incredibly dumbed down and doesn't even offer much choice.

I'd estimate 80% of the mara/sent utilities are defensive in nature. As a DPS class they have little option to alter dps and rather the length or frequency of defensive cool downs or debuffs or add snares and slows. It seems as if the person designing them though all warriors/knights are tanks and would only want tanking style utilities. The person is an idiot.

And perhaps more worrying than the state now is how it will progress. We have solo flashpoints where a droid is employed than has twice your health and far more healing than the best player healer and can tank and dps on top. Im all for more solo content there is little enough of it but next step further dump the game down and allow it to be used on dailies and in open world. Given the dumbing down that may well be the way the game is heading.

At a first glance this certinatly looks like a typical BW "Follow the railroad" move.

Easymode skilltrees where noone is allowed to think outside the box, even by an inch.

I have a feeling that they just moved this game in the complete opposite direction of what i would have liked.

When Blizzard made the changes to WoW's talent system at the onset of MoP, I was re-specing frequently based on the encounter we were facing. I was healing, mainly changing one or twos points to add some utility or take on an extra task during the fight. I believe the system worked out in the end.

SWTOR is barely one day into disciplines, so it is really early to judge how the new system will play out. During my first pass on the sage tree (very quick pass to boot), it felt like it reflected the very limited variations I had to play with in the points system -- just a different screen. We'll see.

Quite frankly, more than the talent system, my issue is whether to remain on the Bastion. It is beginning to remind me of the dark days before server merges and f2p.

I wonder this as well (sorry if it was mentioned, too lazy to browse through 15+ pages of rant). Disciplines did not remove any active abilities, it added them. Some abilities getting removed or merged has nothing to do with disciplines

ok what im referring to is the buffs for th skills i already had. mind you my static explodes blinds enemies, or i overload and they get rooted for like 3 secs whatever. 6 points to pick from passives i already had. 1 more point at 60 is friggin a pain. I already canceled my sub. can already tell this is to please the pvpers so alot of the passives i enjoyed having are gone. its *********** stupid

ok what im referring to is the buffs for th skills i already had. mind you my static explodes blinds enemies, or i overload and they get rooted for like 3 secs whatever. 6 points to pick from passives i already had. 1 more point at 60 is friggin a pain. I already canceled my sub. can already tell this is to please the pvpers so alot of the passives i enjoyed having are gone. its *********** stupid

The fact that you think this is to please PvPers indicates you truly don't understand the reasoning for the change. Many, many reasons have been cited as to why people like this change that have nothing to do with PvP. I love the changes and have never even once queued for a warzone. I do not PvP, ever. Yet I fully understand the reasoning here.

Nearly all the passives I used to have are still there, there just built into the skills automatically. Whereas before I had to pick +33% crit at level 15, +66 at level 16, and +100% at level 17 I now get +100% at like level 18. It's fake choice that were removed: I was ALWAYS going to take the +100% crit chance.

As for "1 more point at level 60" being a pain...what's your point? You'd prefer to get all of your skill points earlier and have level 60 give nothing?

To the people who don't like the disciplines change: What is your endgame? What's the roadmap? What's your plan?

Do you seriously expect BioWare to toss out however many thousands of man-hours they invested in 3.0 in order to roll back to skill trees instead of disciplines?

You know, everyone, the revamp is going to great for some classes and not for others. Which means the only feedback likely to get traction is whatever specifics you list in your class forum.

You might also give it until 60 so you can get the full picture. For my Infil Shadow, 55 was weird but by 58-59 things had settled down a lot (other than the lag making me feel like I was playing drunk. Again). So again, free-floating angst about whatever-random-level you are is probably not going to doom Disciplines. Try again at 60.

Edited by Candor

I don't hate the new system but I want my old Guardian back.

She was aggro whore pre-3.0.

Now she is biggest aggro whore.

I just "tanked" Ortuno + adds in Shien, guarded. Super droid couldn't take the aggro from me.

Edited by Halinalle

I have to say that I cannot get used to the new skill tree format. It feels like the character is unusable by me. I may have to start characters from new just to get a better feel for the way they are now. This is complete crap. Why did they fix what wasn't broken in the first place. It's only progressive if it improves the games in a way that is better for all. As far as I am concerned, the game was better before the expansion.

I have to say that I cannot get used to the new skill tree format. It feels like the character is unusable by me. I may have to start characters from new just to get a better feel for the way they are now. This is complete crap. Why did they fix what wasn't broken in the first place. It's only progressive if it improves the games in a way that is better for all. As far as I am concerned, the game was better before the expansion.

I'm sorry but what do you mean by "wasn't broken"??? Did sorcs not have a OP hybrid? To me thats broken.

the skill system is nothing more than plain lazyness/shortage of devs/maximizing profit for the minimal effort.

Very sad.

I agree and disagree at the same time..

IF they had left the trees the same I am sure it wouldn't have been 5 hours before the forums would have been filled with the QQing that there are so many over performing min/max builds out there..

I liked the older trees but this is not one of my beefs and I can learn to live with it even if I sort of hate the idea that they have take the illusion of choice away (I did from time to time make odd builds but usually by max levels in most games you either altered it to the cookie cutter builds or suffered a lot of abuse or were kick/not chosen for groups/raids)