The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hate this new skill tree

FlamingoChest

I just updated to this 3.0.....I gotta admit. I hate it. I hate hate hate it. I cant get used to it I lost like 4 main abilities i used. I hate it. The setup is lame. Cant stand playing anymore. Most likely will quit playing. and this sucks cause i love SWTOR and i was dreading this new system when it was mentioned. My friends and I play this game together and we all agree that we hate it, and its a shame cause we drop big bucks on the game and this sucks cause we cant stand it. I gave it a chance and I cant stand it. Really cant. Anyone else dislike this new system

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to say it after all the 12x xp stuff, but the best way to learn a new system is to lvl a new toon using it from scratch. Then go back and map your decked out toon the way you like. Most rotations are relatively unchanged, you're just on information overload right now being at lvl 55 and seeing it all hit you at the same time. Edited by Kalarie
spelling ugh

Hate to say it after all the 12x xp stuff, but the best way to learn a new system is to lvl a new toon using it from scratch. Then go back and map your decked out toon the way you like. Most rotations are relatively unchanged, you're just on information overload right now being at lvl 55 and seeing it all hit you at the same time.

Not even that really at 55 you have only 6 utility points. 6!! at 60 you get 1 more. thats garbage. Alot of the passives that were awesome you cant use!? Not to mention one of my main skills that got lost is chain lightning. Like wth?

Not even that really at 55 you have only 6 utility points. 6!! at 60 you get 1 more. thats garbage. Alot of the passives that were awesome you cant use!? Not to mention one of my main skills that got lost is chain lightning. Like wth?

Are you a lightning sorc? If so, you do have Chain Lightning; in fact you got it by just being level 10.

At a first glance this certinatly looks like a typical BW "Follow the railroad" move.

Easymode skilltrees where noone is allowed to think outside the box, even by an inch.

I have a feeling that they just moved this game in the complete opposite direction of what i would have liked.

So if someone put a plate of rancid meat in front of you, how many bites would you force yourself to take before you decided it was bad?

Good thing then that not only is the discipline system better for the game, it's actually a well done replacement of the tree system. Not really the rancid meat that hybrid players claim it to be.

And the other two Sorcerer spoonfeeds are unable to take chain lightning now, right?

They can't take it. Correct.

But unless you were lightning spec, it didn't really matter. I am not going to defend hybrids, they're gone... it's time to move on.

Good thing then that not only is the discipline system better for the game, it's actually a well done replacement of the tree system. Not really the rancid meat that hybrid players claim it to be.

Rancid, stinking, fetid, vile chunks of carcass.

Stop trying to tell people that they "don't know if they like it" until they've put up with it for months.

It was plainly obvious just from the previews what a stinking pile of crap this new system was going to be.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

At a first glance this certinatly looks like a typical BW "Follow the railroad" move.

Easymode skilltrees where noone is allowed to think outside the box, even by an inch.

I have a feeling that they just moved this game in the complete opposite direction of what i would have liked.

Thinking outside the box was bad for your health anyway. Everything off the main skill path either made you worse or unintentionally made you overpowered, which later had to be nerfed. There really weren't any viable choices in the trees as they existed.

They can't take it. Correct.

But unless you were lightning spec, it didn't really matter. I am not going to defend hybrids, they're gone... it's time to move on.

aye, i was beginning to think this might be a hybrid spec loss issue, to which i can only say, sorry.

Thinking outside the box was bad for your health anyway. Everything off the main skill path either made you worse or unintentionally made you overpowered, which later had to be nerfed. There really weren't any viable choices in the trees as they existed.

No, they weren't viable for YOU.

Stop pretending your standards for what is viable are universal.

Rancid, stinking, fetid, vile chunks of carcass.

Stop trying to tell people that they "don't know if they like it" until they've put up with it for months.

It was plainly obvious just from the previews what a stinking pile of crap this new system was going to be.

Yet you are still going to play the game?

:confused:

Yeah, I liked it much better when you had to Google a build then click the exact dots. When all players are the same but bubble their own dots its much better than when they can't. I need the illusion of choice at all times.

Yeah, I liked it much better when you had to Google a build then click the exact dots. When all players are the same but bubble their own dots its much better than when they can't. I need the illusion of choice at all times.

Because of course every player just Googled a spec and followed it without thought, no one ever did what suited them instead of worrying obsessing about the raid-maniacs dissing their build...

Yet you are still going to play the game?

:confused:

Honestly, I'm not sure. I certainly wish they'd released the details of the spoonfed build system before putting SoR on sale, it would have given me a lot to think about before spending that money, or the money on my last sub renewal.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Well, no one can say you didn't give it a fair shake after that whole 15 minutes for a period of adjustment. :rolleyes:

You hit the nail on the head right there.

It's not akin to "rancid meat" -- It's more akin to new clothes. It may or may not feel good at first,

but you won't really know how well they fit and feel until you've given it some time. And fifteen minutes

is NO WHERE NEAR the amount of time to explore the entire system. That is just ridiculous and

child-like.

You hit the nail on the head right there.

It's not akin to "rancid meat" -- It's more akin to new clothes. It may or may not feel good at first,

but you won't really know how well they fit and feel until you've given it some time. And fifteen minutes

is NO WHERE NEAR the amount of time to explore the entire system. That is just ridiculous and

child-like.

Some people don't need to wallow in discomfort for hours out of the naive optimism that it will get better if they just give it a chance. Some people can actually tell that getting hit in the head with a hammer is bad without repeating the experience over and over.

Edited by Max_Killjoy