Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: IDD vs Fist of the Empire vs Phantom Hegemony

Beniboybling

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat me to it. Dangnabit, Canino, I wanted to be the one to post it! :p

What the Banthas? Well, not everyone can be as good a reporter as me. Maybe next time, find a different scoop, huh, kid? There's always room fro reporters, but not like me.

My 60's reporter impression. Good, or what?

Actually it would fall under pre-battle upgrades from suppliers. :d_evil:

Quite a few issues with phantoms indeed. Not really something that can just be fired off at will, at two separate targets no less, and even more, MULTIPLE phantoms! Each of which both leaders would have adequate guards, and brains, to defeat should they even come into play. More on this later.

Pre-battle upgrades, hmm?

Sel, can my flagship be upgraded with jamming tech? The Trade Federation used planetary jamming tech during the invasion of Naboo.

Alright, Silenceo, I concede the Shadow Droids plan as I had misinterpreted your intentions*.

However, I have a new plan! Which I will reveal after I work out the kinks in it.

*Clarify for me, the Shadow Droids aren't controlling the TIEs?

The Shadow Droids are controlling the TIE/D's, though I can't seem to find that brilliant explanation I sent to Canino ages ago... By chance do you remember it or have that bit on hand Canino?

The Shadow Droids are controlling the TIE/D's, though I can't seem to find that brilliant explanation I sent to Canino ages ago... By chance do you remember it or have that bit on hand Canino?

So I was right.

Well, I'll concede the processor argument thanks to Sel's clarification on the matter. But that won't stop me from abusing this fatal flaw in your plan. :jawa_evil:

Pre-battle upgrades, hmm?

Sel, can my flagship be upgraded with jamming tech? The Trade Federation used planetary jamming tech during the invasion of Naboo.

They did, but beyond that time I haven't really heard of Lucrehulks using it too often, perhaps it was an upgrade or some such. Though, not really sure how that type of jamming would help you too much since tight beam transmissions can still break through such jamming, which is what the Shadow Droids use.

So I was right.

Well, I'll concede the processor argument thanks to Sel's clarification on the matter. But that won't stop me from abusing this fatal flaw in your plan. :jawa_evil:

Fatal flaw? Oh you mean jamming? Good luck jamming a Shadow Droid, you will need it. Their tight beam methods of communication are not so easily stopped by a single Lucrehulk playing Jazz on the radio. :d_tongue:

I am afraid I can not remember the source, but isn't it stated somewhere that tight beam transmissions are harder to intercept/jam because they are more precise or some such? I think it was mentioned during the X-wing novels but I haven't read those in ages.

In order to jam IG-88 from overseeing the entire star fighter battle, that Lucrehulk would have to get awfully close... Suicidally close.. :d_evil:

Side Note: Since it is conceded they will operate at peak capacity due to the cybernetic augmentations, then I can deal with the weakness fair enough. It was there before anyway, and in order to exploit it would be quite... lethal...

Edited by Silenceo

They did, but beyond that time I haven't really heard of Lucrehulks using it too often, perhaps it was an upgrade or some such. Though, not really sure how that type of jamming would help you too much since tight beam transmissions can still break through such jamming, which is what the Shadow Droids use.

It's still an upgrade they could give.

Who says they use such transmissions?

Fatal flaw? Oh you mean jamming? Good luck jamming a Shadow Droid, you will need it. Their tight beam methods of communication are not so easily stopped by a single Lucrehulk playing Jazz on the radio. :d_tongue:

I am afraid I can not remember the source, but isn't it stated somewhere that tight beam transmissions are harder to intercept/jam because they are more precise or some such? I think it was mentioned during the X-wing novels but I haven't read those in ages.

In order to jam IG-88 from overseeing the entire star fighter battle, that Lucrehulk would have to get awfully close... Suicidally close.. :d_evil:

Again, who says they use such transmissions?

Besides, jamming isn't my only strategy.

It's still an upgrade they could give.

Who says they use such transmissions?

Snipped from the wiki, though I believe I also have a quote for it in that big post on page 2.

"The droids' two smaller dorsal lasers covered the rear field of fire, and a long-range antenna allowed the fighters to transmit their dense binary code stream between each other and their command ship. "

Snipped from the wiki, though I believe I also have a quote for it in that big post on page 2.

"The droids' two smaller dorsal lasers covered the rear field of fire, and a long-range antenna allowed the fighters to transmit their dense binary code stream between each other and their command ship. "

Still not seeing it. Sounds like its a simple communication stream to me.

OK.

Plan C, then!

Debunking the Droid Meld, unsuccessful. Check

Jamming their communications to stop the Droid Meld, unsuccessful. Check

Plan C... Do tell? :d_evil:

Side Note: So, can I have the Jamming and the Buzz droids now? :d_grin:

Edited by Silenceo

Debunking the Droid Meld, unsuccessful. Check

Jamming their communications to stop the Droid Meld, unsuccessful. Check

Plan C... Do tell? :d_evil:

All in good time, my friend, all in good time.

Still waiting on an answer to my question, Sel. Whenever you're able.

Side Note: So, can I have the Jamming and the Buzz droids now? :d_grin:

Until you show me that SoroSuub provides jamming tech, I'm still against it.

Oh, and no to Buzz Droids. They were built by the Colicoids, who have no affiliation to the Commerce Guild.

In regards to IG-88, while he will pose a threat he can be neutralized with minimal damage suffered by following several simple steps. However before I get on to that, I'd just like to make something clear, by uploading sentience programming to the Hegemony's droids they will adopt droid supremacy, and as such cannot be turned on one another. IG-88 will only be able to order them to attack the Fist, and it will be in the IDDs best interests to keep them intact. Indeed the only asset that IG-88 can have the droids attempt to destroy is Grievous, and good luck with that.

The key point to take away from this is that the Hegemony will have time and an option to recover, all they have to do is reestablish control and they will suffer minimal if any losses, and can continue with their plans unopposed.

1. Identify the threat: the Hegemony has extensive sensor tech at its disposal and will therefore be able to quickly identify the source as soon as IG-88 begins uploading sentience programming into their starships. I am confident that before IG-88 has hacked the entire fleet, Grievous will be aware of IG-2000 as the source.

2. Eliminate the threat: IG-88 is a incredibly capable pilot with a powerful ship. But he is not match for Grievous and the Soulless One. He was a gifted pilot, capable of contending with Anakin Skywalker and commended by Mace Windu, he possesses the processing power of a droid, extreme acrobatics are likely within his capabilities, and his starfighter is state of the art. Possessing superior firepower, and significantly superior speed and hull strength to IG-88, who has been outmaneuvered by Boba Fett. The same will happen here.

3. Reset the droid brains: as Silenceo so rightly pointed out, the droids brains in question are not particularly intelligent, and are hardly in a position to prevent the Hegemony's pilots from resetting/memory wiping them. Erasing sentient programming and regaining control over the droids with suffering a scratch.

At best the IDD will capture some starfighters, but that is hardly going to give them an advantage.

In regards to IG-88, while he will pose a threat he can be neutralized with minimal damage suffered by following several simple steps. However before I get on to that, I'd just like to make something clear, by uploading sentience programming to the Hegemony's droids they will adopt droid supremacy, and as such cannot be turned on one another. IG-88 will only be able to order them to attack the Fist, and it will be in the IDDs best interests to keep them intact. Indeed the only asset that IG-88 can have the droids attempt to destroy is Grievous, and good luck with that.

The key point to take away from this is that the Hegemony will have time and an option to recover, all they have to do is reestablish control and they will suffer minimal if any losses, and can continue with their plans unopposed.

1. Identify the threat: the Hegemony has extensive sensor tech at its disposal and will therefore be able to quickly identify the source as soon as IG-88 begins uploading sentience programming into their starships. I am confident that before IG-88 has hacked the entire fleet, Grievous will be aware of IG-2000 as the source.

2. Eliminate the threat: IG-88 is a incredibly capable pilot with a powerful ship. But he is not match for Grievous and the Soulless One. He was a gifted pilot, capable of contending with Anakin Skywalker and commended by Mace Windu, he possesses the processing power of a droid, extreme acrobatics are likely within his capabilities, and his starfighter is state of the art. Possessing superior firepower, and significantly superior speed and hull strength to IG-88, who has been outmaneuvered by Boba Fett. The same will happen here.

3. Reset the droid brains: as Silenceo so rightly pointed out, the droids brains in question are not particularly intelligent, and are hardly in a position to prevent the Hegemony's pilots from resetting/memory wiping them. Erasing sentient programming and regaining control over the droids with suffering a scratch.

At best the IDD will capture some starfighters, but that is hardly going to give them an advantage.

Impressive. Most impressive. :csw_vader:

Edit: One more question, what is the loadout of the Fury (provide brief details if possible, I don't play space combat much)?

Identical to the BT-7, a lucky pick from you I'm sure then :p

The sith empire is also described as sparing no expense, so it likely has the same loadout.