12x XP boost gone levels 56+ will hurt.

Deewe

Remember the nice SWTOR levelling curve from the guild summit in 2012?

With the XP boost the time spent to level from 54 to 55 is about the time it used to be at 15ish... maybe even lower.

So If you pre-ordered you're going to hit a wall at 55 and it might feel it's taking ages to level.

Not saying it's a bad thing but you'd better brace yourself for impact ;)

Remember the nice SWTOR levelling curve from the guild summit in 2012?

With the XP boost the time spent to level from 54 to 55 is about the time it used to be at 15ish... maybe even lower.

So If you pre-ordered you're going to hit a wall at 55 and it might feel it's taking ages to level.

Not saying it's a bad thing but you'd better brace yourself for impact ;)

leveling will be a breeze just invest in all the legacy Xp perks and buy some major xp boost and you'll get more xp than the folks without ur perks :p

I don't know, it all depends on how the missions are structured in 3.0. If they are set up like the leveling game, yes, it will be painful post 12XP IMO. But if it is more streamlined it will not be that bad.

I think the thing most will be concerned with is relearning how to play their class after the class changes, which are substantial in some cases.

I don't think leveling from 55 to 60 will feel like it's taking ages. With 3.0, XP boosts will be relevant again for level 55 characters. Some existing content will grant XP. I think it's possible to gain XP from missions up to five levels below a toon's current level. And, there's the new content which I'd guess is set up to gain levels while moving through it.

This, I agree with:

I think the thing most will be concerned with is relearning how to play their class after the class changes, which are substantial in some cases.

Depending on the changes in a class, it could feel like being back on a learning curve. I've watched some of the SWTOR Twitch streams on Disciplines, and read some info about the changes, but I won't know how it feels to play my favorite classes, and Advanced Classes, until I experience Disciplines.

Well a good point, the time might be good to be used with the new mechanics.

Go farm planetary comms now and convert them into basic comms for the patch.

planetary coms will be converted as 3 planetary to 1 basic and dont forgert there is a 100 cap on planetary so hardly worth spending time farming

People would be better off farming classic coms which transfer at a 2 to 1 ratio but you can farm 1000 classic coms before expansion

So at best you can get 33 basic coms for planetary and 500 basic coms for classic

and I agree whats the rush

Personally I hoping (but not expecting) that EA finally figures out one of the reasons people complain for more content faster is they make their new content to easy and leveling to fast.

I wouldnt mind in the least if levels 55 to 60 took roughly the same amount of time to level as levels 1-55 took (with no xp boosts) just to slow down and stretch out the content. But I dont expect it because the endless whining that "game to tough and how dare anyone expect me to play the game to get levels and gear" would appear on forums would be insane.

One can dream for a better outcome though :)

planetary coms will be converted as 3 planetary to 1 basic and dont forgert there is a 100 cap on planetary so hardly worth spending time farming

People would be better off farming classic coms which transfer at a 2 to 1 ratio but you can farm 1000 classic coms before expansion

So at best you can get 33 basic coms for planetary and 500 basic coms for classic

and I agree whats the rush

Personally I hoping (but not expecting) that EA finally figures out one of the reasons people complain for more content faster is they make their new content to easy and leveling to fast.

I wouldnt mind in the least if levels 55 to 60 took roughly the same amount of time to level as levels 1-55 took (with no xp boosts) just to slow down and stretch out the content. But I dont expect it because the endless whining that "game to tough and how dare anyone expect me to play the game to get levels and gear" would appear on forums would be insane.

One can dream for a better outcome though :)

planet comms will be conveted to 3 basic. IG you gave them capped, then that's another 300 basic comms when 3.0 hits.

planet comms will be conveted to 3 basic. IG you gave them capped, then that's another 300 basic comms when 3.0 hits.

no ultimate is 1-3 (1 ultimate = 3 basic)

panetary is 3-1 (3 planetary = 1 basic)

Go reread the statement Sup as you completely misread it

Sorry, Kalfear, but you're wrong. Planetary comms will be worth 3 basics each.

Here goes everyone. Here is the information on the conversion rates around Basic Comms and what will happen when 3.0 launches. Just to reiterate for those unaware, here are the basic changes coming to Commendations:

• All PvE Commendations will become Basic Commendations in 3.0.
  • The Commendation types "Classic" and "Planetary" are being removed from the game.
  • The types "Elite" and "Ultimate" will remain but the current Comms you have will become Basic.
  • Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations remain untouched.

Here are the conversion rates for all Commendations.

• 2 Classic Commendations = 1 Basic Commendation
  • 1 Basic Commendation = 1 Basic Commendation
  • 1 Elite Commendation = 2 Basic Commendations
  • 1 Planetary Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations
  • 1 Ultimate Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations

The Basic Commendation cap will remain at 1000. However, when the conversions happen we will allow you to go up to 2000 Commendations. Note that until you go below 1000 again, you will be unable to earn any Basic Commendations. This includes if you buy an item and try to refund it. You must go below 1000 before you can earn more.

There ya go folks! All of the details and conversion rates on Basic Comms in 3.0.

-eric

Edited by Jhaele

What's the rush?

That's inconsequential. According to the OP:

This game feels dead.

Still, he can't resist himself it would seem.

Every day this game lives on, is another day that goes by where that rotting corpse by the name of Star Wars: Galaxies goes deeper in the grave.

It hurts him. Greatly it would seem.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Also don't forget the 6 soloable FP's , so there will be plenty to do and lots of lovely xp for us all. The only thing that might be a bit weird is losing 3 tiers of power at 55 , but using all your saved up comms to get you started should help you to get to 57 , so you can use your shiny new 4th main skill.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Also don't forget the 6 soloable FP's , so there will be plenty to do and lots of lovely xp for us all. The only thing that might be a bit weird is losing 3 tiers of power at 55 , but using all your saved up comms to get you started should help you to get to 57 , so you can use your shiny new 4th main skill.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I could be wrong, but I believe they won't be soloable on a permanent basis.

I honestly am looking forward to playing the quests and side quests. I don't need a 12x XP boost to have fun. If you do, you might be playing the wrong game.

Does that mean I DIDN'T enjoy 12x XP? No, of course not. I just don't care that to go from 55 to 60 I have to quest normally.

Would I like to see a 4x or 8x class quest boost? Yes. I think that would be a nice addition to the cartel market.

I could be wrong, but I believe they won't be soloable on a permanent basis.

O right not heard that anywhere , hmm , O a play once then it's over kind of thing ? Hm yeah that might be the case , o well that's a level or two I guess.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Still, he can't resist himself it would seem.

I like the OOC quotes, then again to put things in perspective it was:

It's sad to see how's stale are the forums right now.

Only a couple of threads are active with not much more community members posting either.

Forums wise this game feels dead.

Source

Highlighted in red some part ;)

Edited by Deewe

Sorry, Kalfear, but you're wrong. Planetary comms will be worth 3 basics each.

well i see why you think that now (I saw a different quote that was

3-1 for planetary,

2-1 for classic,

1-1 for basic,

1-2 for elite,

1-3 for ultimate)

but thats clearly a typo on Erics part

Planetary coms are NOT equal to ultimate coms as that post you quote suggests

Its pretty obvious Eric made a typo there

Just think about it

Edited by Kalfear