Post your reaction to the just posted Nerfing of Operatives and Scoundrel classes.

SHAVEDKILLER

Wow. Honestly, I never thought that they'd fix this and would just let them go on being overpowered and broken forever. This is so overdue. I hope, at the very least, they get some energy management like the other two healing classes have to deal with.

Not going to lie, I'm LOLOLOLing at everyone crying in this thread and claiming that they weren't horribly broken in the first place. The tears of the delusional are so delicious...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like more 'because pvp', like pretty much all of the announced changes, and am pretty tired of it. Nerfing is one thing, sure, go ahead, but turning scoundrel/operative healer from a mobile class with several useful dps options into a heal turret just because they're supposedly overpowered in pve (pretty sure they made this up because too many people were catching onto 'because pvp') is just ridiculous.

Nerf already, fine, but don't take away abilities that make the game fun to play.

if you dont see having indefinite, powerful heals in pve is game-breaking then i'm not sure what else to say.

I'm fine with the nerf to operative healing, but the nerf to Concealment and Lethality seems a bit weird. Unless they adjust the base damage of the rotations, the loss of the 4% damage buff from two stacks of Tactical Advantage seems weird, considering that Op DPS wasn't that good to begin with.

if you dont see having indefinite, powerful heals in pve is game-breaking then i'm not sure what else to say.

Did you read that sentence? It's game-breaking because heals are 'indefinite' and 'powerful'? That makes little sense to me unless you really don't know how to player the other healer classes. They're all 'indefinite' if played right and while they are definitely the easiest to do well with, that doesn't mean that when played at their best, the other healing classes can't keep up. I play them all, my sage healer is my current project.

Mostly though it is completely beside the point I was making.

Nerf the heals, go ahead, nerf the damage, go ahead. Don't make it a mockery of the entertaining class it was.

Did you read that sentence? It's game-breaking because heals are 'indefinite' and 'powerful'? That makes little sense to me unless you really don't know how to player the other healer classes. They're all 'indefinite' if played right and while they are definitely the easiest to do well with, that doesn't mean that when played at their best, the other healing classes can't keep up. I play them all, my sage healer is my current project.
in the current game, there is basically no reason to even have a resource pool with agents. if you can't admit that mercs/sorcs have to manage resources responsibly and agents can just go on healing forever without paying any attn to energy, then i question your experience with healing in this game.

any class that has no resource management, is broken.

Nerf the heals, go ahead, nerf the damage, go ahead. Don't make it a mockery of the entertaining class it was.
sure yeah, being broken and overpowered is fun. now they are adding a new aoe heal and giving a reason to use infusion and DS. Edited by Pagy

Wow. Honestly, I never thought that they'd fix this and would just let them go on being overpowered and broken forever. This is so overdue. I hope, at the very least, they get some energy management like the other two healing classes have to deal with.

Not going to lie, I'm LOLOLOLing at everyone crying in this thread and claiming that they weren't horribly broken in the first place. The tears of the delusional are so delicious...

"everyone crying in this thread"? That's a big overstatement. And LOLOLOLs of the delusional are... annoying.

in the current game, there is basically no reason to even have a resource pool with agents. if you can't admit that mercs/sorcs have to manage resources responsibly and agents can just go on healing forever without paying any attn to energy, then i question your experience with healing in this game.

sure yeah, being broken and overpowered is fun. now they are adding a new aoe heal and giving a reason to use infusion and DS.

Still unable to read.

sure yeah, being broken and overpowered is fun..

I've never found them the be broken or overpowered, especially in PvP. Put a couple of competent dps on him and scoundrels go down just as fast as any other healer. In PvE, scoundrels are no more over powered than sages spamming the heal that doubles as a buff and spamming their aoe. Heck, with that new wandering mend ability, I am certain we will see an eventual nerf to sages as well.

I'm looking at the changes from a damage perspective; they were good in PvP yes, but was anyone calling for a damage nerf? You already gimped them with the flyby nerf, now this? Good thing I didn't waste my time taking my scrapper past Ilum; no point in doing any level 55 content with him.

Another knee jerk reaction to keep PvPers in the game.

I've never found them the be broken or overpowered, especially in PvP. Put a couple of competent dps on him and scoundrels go down just as fast as any other healer. In PvE, scoundrels are no more over powered than sages spamming the heal that doubles as a buff and spamming their aoe. Heck, with that new wandering mend ability, I am certain we will see an eventual nerf to sages as well.

I'm looking at the changes from a damage perspective; they were good in PvP yes, but was anyone calling for a damage nerf? You already gimped them with the flyby nerf, now this? Good thing I didn't waste my time taking my scrapper past Ilum; no point in doing any level 55 content with him.

Another knee jerk reaction to keep PvPers in the game.

well you're in the minority, or don't play competitively with competent healers especially operatives.

to say healing operatives in pvp go down as easily is simply laughable. bw has the data on ranked pvp btw. i guarantee you, i could run circles around you and another dps and you'd be unable to kill me.

every class had dps altered within their skill trees.

anyway, your opinion is something youre entitled to but the rest of us, including bw, see it for what it really is.

When I first heard of the changes proposed (including the dps adjustment) for the initial classes reported I was not really concerned.

Now, some of the changes concern me a bit, but perhaps not for the reasons one might think.

My main concern is how much the gameplay will change. When this was first presented to the community it was presented as "the classes will mostly play the same"....but it is looking more and more like that will not be the case for most classes.

Now...that said, this is one drastic change compared to the sea of drastic changes in other games, like WoW....changes that were so frequent I left the game for good. So even if this is a major change, I am not THAT concerned about it as long as it does not become a trend. This should be one of the last revamps of this type that we see, that should be the goal IMO.

A few things I realized looking at this through casual eyes....

Though some classes will play very different than they do now, 1-50 content is getting nerfed as well. So it should be easier to learn the changes, perhaps level up a few new classes to learn how to properly play the new builds.

There will likely be more QoL changes that will come with 3.0 or follow closely after release to mitigate some of the irritations that remain in the game (many have already been removed).

Making mods will likely be easier (6 deployed crew members allowed).

Casual players will be able to likely wear 172 gear with ease using basic comms that can be generated running low level heroics....and this will mitigate most of the concerns with weaker performance as the new gear will give casuals a boost for dailies and the like.

The folks that will be most effected by these changes will likely be hardcore players that participate in end game activities. That is certainly a concern, and I think some of those concerns are justified....but I think casuals may be overreacting.

Edited by LordArtemis

When I first heard of the changes proposed (including the dps adjustment) for the initial classes reported I was not really concerned.

Now, some of the changes concern me a bit, but perhaps not for the reasons one might think.

My main concern is how much the gameplay will change. When this was first presented to the community it was presented as "the classes will mostly play the same"....but it is looking more and more like that will not be the case for most classes.

Now...that said, this is one drastic change compared to the sea of drastic changes in other games, like WoW....changes that were so frequent I left the game for good. So even if this is a major change, I am not THAT concerned about it as long as it does not become a trend. This should be one of the last revamps of this type that we see, that should be the goal IMO.

A few things I realized looking at this through casual eyes....

Though some classes will play very different than they do now, 1-50 content is getting nerfed as well. So it should be easier to learn the changes, perhaps level up a few new classes to learn how to properly play the new builds.

There will likely be more QoL changes that will come with 3.0 or follow closely after release to mitigate some of the irritations that remain in the game (many have already been removed).

Making mods will likely be easier (6 deployed crew members allowed).

Casual players will be able to likely wear 172 gear with ease using basic comms that can be generated running low level heroics....and this will mitigate most of the concerns with weaker performance as the new gear will give casuals a boost for dailies and the like.

The folks that will be most effected by these changes will likely be hardcore players that participate in end game activities. That is certainly a concern, and I think some of those concerns are justified....but I think casuals may be overreacting.

my concern is not with the scope of changes, but the amount of testing they've done.

mmo gameplay is fluid and dynamic. they provide the game and then we spend hours trying to twist it to squeeze every last drop of dps, healing, whatever out of it. this leads to us surpassing dev expectations and exactly why we're here at this point making changes.

it's natural, its going to happen.

but only having this content on the PTS for what, a few weeks? these are significant changes which leads me to believe that once the masses get their hands on it, will require significant balance changes to undo some of the unpredictable outcomes of making changes like this.

I normally don't play healer classes in games. I tried out healing on an operative and enjoyed it. They are getting nerfed. I will wait and see how bad. If its overboard I will not play the class. I may or may not try out a different class as a healer.

The bottom line is I am sure there are others out there they may stop playing healers which means longer wait times filling spots.

I guess they will fix this by simply putting kolto canisters in op raids for people to click on due to lack of healers.

Lulz

my concern is not with the scope of changes, but the amount of testing they've done.

mmo gameplay is fluid and dynamic. they provide the game and then we spend hours trying to twist it to squeeze every last drop of dps, healing, whatever out of it. this leads to us surpassing dev expectations and exactly why we're here at this point making changes.

it's natural, its going to happen.

but only having this content on the PTS for what, a few weeks? these are significant changes which leads me to believe that once the masses get their hands on it, will require significant balance changes to undo some of the unpredictable outcomes of making changes like this.

I can almost guarantee that most of the drastic changes, like the loss of certain abilities based on AC will remain, but most of the minor changes will be adjusted.

The changes that concern players the most will likely be adjusted, as they have in the past. I agree with your point about testing, but would point out that no amount of testing in the past has prevented this, closed or open.

Essentially they ignore the majority of player feedback on a regular basis. I am not sure if they are doing that this time, but it is standard fare from the past.

I think once we adapt to the changes, we'll be better off. Things like this tend to weed out the flavor of the month players so it just leaves the folks who have a real passion and/or skill for playing the class.

and weeding out the "unfit" paying customers makes EA stockholders happy.

LOL At the angry people who think they will be bad.

Hush, don't interrupt the performance. Everyone knows that forumites in any MMO have an obligation to complain about any nerf to their class as making it completely unplayable, and about any buff to their class as being too little too late.

sure yeah, being broken and overpowered is fun. now they are adding a new aoe heal and giving a reason to use infusion and DS.

that has not been my experience healing as an operative, especially in certain NIM fights. I still have to manage my resources responsibly. I cannot heal indefinitely. I haven't even been able to spam surgical probe ever since they changed it to always consume tactical advantage, regardless of percentage of health of the person being healed ( also a pvp change, btw)

/shrug. lucky for me - I heal with every class, so I just switch mains if need be.

edited to add. yes I pvp on my operative. yes, she's by far the easiest and most powerful. in pvp. in pve? she was slightly stronger than other healers.. in some fights.

IMO solution is NOT to nerf operatives to the ground, solution is to buff other healers to their level, but oh well /shrug.

I'll probably just not pvp anymore at all. the ONLY reason I enjoyed healing in pvp with my op is becasue of her mobility. taking away that mobility - takes away the fun I had pvping on her.

Edited by Jeweledleah