Petition to Change "Famously Furious" Top 96 Title

Nekrall

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modny asks for input, gets over 20 pages of it with this thread and the other one.

No response whatsoever. It is pretty obvious that most people consider the titles a joke. I, and quite a few others believed bioware to be trolling with the announcement.

Guess bioware is perfectly content in trolling the pvp community.

Nobody said they didnt like the op - he's probably completely adorable, with pink fluffy ears. And I only partially agree with him - the title is silly, but

a) They wont change it

and

b) They shouldnt spend dev time on it.

Now, I know everyone says 'Not like it would take time', but guys.. These are the people that needed 1 year+ (2.4-now), before they made an announcement about going to make an announcement about knowing that ranked isnt in a good place. No solutions, very technical. But they will announce that they know about it.

Considering this, do you honestly believe changing the titles is trivial? I expect them to need a rewrite of the entire ranked code for this.

Idunno why people think the OP is getting attacked - beyond the posts from that random face early in the thread about wintrading, nobody has accused the OP of anything, except shoot down his claims to be #1 sentinel world when he's only played a miniscule amount of the sentinels in the world. As of this writing, there are 757 sentinels that have done group ranked, world wide. Out of those, 28 are from POT5. That means the OP has played vs 3.7% of all sentinels in the world. Again, he's better than those 3.7%, but that doesnt make him better than the remaining 96%. That's not to diminish the OP, that's just the facts, and as long as he can't play the remaining 96%, there is no use in spending time on the top 96 titles.

I was referring to the derailment. I happen to know the individuals derailing the thread and YES these are attacks. OP should know better than to give these folks fodder. That is not the issue though. I am simply pointing out that ANY post with any kind of feedback is hard to look at when 99% of it is people with egos the size of the universe arguing over everything BUT the topic at hand.

I was referring to the derailment. I happen to know the individuals derailing the thread and YES these are attacks. OP should know better than to give these folks fodder. That is not the issue though. I am simply pointing out that ANY post with any kind of feedback is hard to look at when 99% of it is people with egos the size of the universe arguing over everything BUT the topic at hand.

I gave him very to-the-point feedback and he chose to fire back with ramblings about my exodus from Pot5, but go ahead and point the finger. I don't think you know me and if you do it's been quite a while so I fail to see how you can stand firm and say with certainty that anyone outside of Kanaba was "attacking" Illysia.

This thread is part of a larger issue with the PvP community: Nobody is ever happy with anything, and everyone thinks they are entitled to something more.

• You didn't earn a top 96 title.
  • You really didn't earn anything.
  • The rewards are participation trophies, and that is what our development team intended.

The titles are silly, but so is the "competition" they represent.

Edited by maverickmatt

When I saw this quoted, I believed it was a troll.....now, I am not too sure.

These titles are the most ridiculous, thrown together, disrespectful rewards they could have thought of for the player base.

Perfect example of a narrow-minded, never happy, never pleased, never satisfied with anything dev's do, pvp-er. You (and by "you" I mean all of this ungrateful and vocal, but at least not so numerous, crowd) are worse than a chick on her period.

Edited by Preston_Violent

Everyone in this thread getting top 96 rewards has stated that the titles are pretty much a joke.

Everyone who has tried to derail the thread is not getting a top 96 reward. The derailers have also stated that they know the titles are ridiculous, but then go onto say that pvpers are undeserving of anything more, or crying that they are not getting a title to be proud of.

Maverick, how are you not attacking top 96 players by stating they are wholly undeserving of a reward? Would you be happy not giving anyone pvp rewards? That's where your argument leads.

Modny asked for input, this is a thread about my input in regard to the titles. I am entitled to say that they are ridiculous, as are other players to make a case that they are not. So far, most players have stated that the titles are a joke, especially the pvpers who are in line to get them.

Regardless of the amount of flaming this thread has caused, everyone replying in the thread is agreeing with my premise either by stating the titles are ridiculous and should be changed, or that the titles are ridiculous and everyone should be happy with them because top 96 players are undeserving of anything more. It would be interesting to see if Bioware shares the latter sentiment.

last season people are screaming in forum about the same title with season one, s1 all star , s1 champion and change to....... drum roll..... s2 all stars and s2 champion ( just change 1 to 2 huh? really i mean really )

and they ddint change it then , so this time if they change it i think all pvpers maybe surprisely happy

so alex , if you ask us opinion and then keep it the same why ask opinion at all

this season (name) tthe furious ( from pve) and pvp get (name) , the furious ------> holy mackerel batman :p only comma different

Everyone in this thread getting top 96 rewards has stated that the titles are pretty much a joke.

Everyone who has tried to derail the thread is not getting a top 96 reward. The derailers have also stated that they know the titles are ridiculous, but then go onto say that pvpers are undeserving of anything more, or crying that they are not getting a title to be proud of.

Maverick, how are you not attacking top 96 players by stating they are wholly undeserving of a reward? Would you be happy not giving anyone pvp rewards? That's where your argument leads.

Modny asked for input, this is a thread about my input in regard to the titles. I am entitled to say that they are ridiculous, as are other players to make a case that they are not. So far, most players have stated that the titles are a joke, especially the pvpers who are in line to get them.

Regardless of the amount of flaming this thread has caused, everyone replying in the thread is agreeing with my premise either by stating the titles are ridiculous and should be changed, or that the titles are ridiculous and everyone should be happy with them because top 96 players are undeserving of anything more. It would be interesting to see if Bioware shares the latter sentiment.

Are you from a third world country? Your basic english comprehension is non-existant, and I dont see a lot of other options. We never said pvpers are undeserving, you just make things up so you can go on the offense .

We're saying it is what it is, and top 96 should be happy they get anything, since well.. They're only the top for their server, not the world, and should be treated as such. Again, not talking about pvpers in general - specifically about top 96.

I'm assuming they've read this by now. If they haven't read it by now, it confirms they're content to ignore the community.

So if they have read it, and they don't change it - it confirms they're content to ignore the community.

I see the solution. Change the title. It's dumb. I'm not even over exaggerating when I say I thought this was a late April Fool's joke.

The top title is funny and as someone said earlier, could be even cooler if it was "fabulously famous" but still it's cool and unique. Next season you're very likely to get your generic "season-4 all star" and be happy with it.

Funny tho, all these ppl who /signed this thread, not a single freaking grain of humor of self-irony. Just the constant state of never being happy with anything and always complaining about everything. And every gosh darn freaking pvp-related news is just another excuse to complain. Go get laid, you'll feel better and might change your mind about the topic.

I'm assuming they've read this by now. If they haven't read it by now, it confirms they're content to ignore the community.

So if they have read it, and they don't change it - it confirms they're content to ignore the community.

I see the solution. Change the title. It's dumb. I'm not even over exaggerating when I say I thought this was a late April Fool's joke.

They've been on vaca since Thursday.

So do as you say or ignore the community? :3

They've been on vaca since Thursday.

Changing a title is as simple as changing a line of text. Literally. To make it class unique they only need a simple %t code or something along those lines. It literally takes 1 person 20 seconds to do.

For one I agree with the OP. I personally really don't care about the title, but I can definitely see where the people that do are coming from. And this is a little ridiculous compared to the last top 96 title.

It needs to be unique, nothing like the previous tiers. Also, All-Star was fine.

I'd say they keep the S-3 Challenger, S-3 All-Star and the like as they were. Just like that.

And the top 96 Furious Assassin/Furious Operative etc etc.

Are you from a third world country? Your basic english comprehension is non-existant, and I dont see a lot of other options. We never said pvpers are undeserving, you just make things up so you can go on the offense .

We're saying it is what it is, and top 96 should be happy they get anything, since well.. They're only the top for their server, not the world, and should be treated as such. Again, not talking about pvpers in general - specifically about top 96.

[quote=maverickmatt;7825303

Until there is a playoff system and a championship series, all your trinkets are participation trophies like we got in peewee football. Everybody is a winner.

Like I said before:

No player earned anything more than this. You are being rewarded on your level of participation or how well you gamed the system.

and you deserve nothing more.

EDIT: I am sorry that you feel like a top rating in this system is any sort of indicator that you are a top player. It is not. I will repeat myself again: It is solely a measure of how much you play and how well you can game the system (queuing at off-hours, faction hopping, syncing, playing on a weak server.. it's all playing the system to get the highest rating.). You attach such importance to the number and the reward but overlook that it's a hollow number at best.

Way to put stock into absolute ****.

Just one quote out of many in this thread which have explicitly or implicitly stated that top 96, and the majority of pvpers are undeserving of rewards. It is obviously a mentality you share, I guess you are not attaining any of the rewards this season Ronnie? I know Maverick isn't.

Even coming out with the ad hominem third world country attacks. You are clearly very upset, with a general negative attitude which causes you to insult everyone on the leaderboards. You contradict yourself within two sentences. "We never said pvpers are undeserving" "Top 96 should be happy they get anything"........right.

Then there is Maverick with his equally negative mentality stating "You deserve nothing more" because you gamed the system. You are honestly talking about my reading comprehension? You're hilarious.

There is no cross server, is there anything pvpers can do about it? No. They announced a top 96 reward, people went for the reward thinking it would be something cool, turns out that it is not. I am of the opinion that people should be rewarded based off of their server until cross server, but are you really saying that someone who is #1 on the leaderboards, group or solo, should be happy with a dinky title? You are really saying that they shouldn't feel proud because they haven't accomplished anything in the game? You are trying to hide insecurities and discount their abilities just like Maverick.

Why don't you share your in game name so we can go through your stats? Do you even play ranked at all? The way you are speaking I am sure you are at least #1 of your class on your server because it is so easy to do so.

The title is a joke. You know it, Maverick knows it, and it is one line of text that can be switched very easily. Just have to see if Bioware will listen to actual pvpers instead of the negative masses and trolls.

Do you believe someone with 1650 rating should get the same rewards as someone with 2700?

Edited by Nekrall

10 games put a person at 5th highest mara/sent and #1 sent for group ranked in the world (but 200ish points below #1 mara.) if youre trying to say that its very hard to get into top 3 well thats personal opinion i guess. be happy that there even is a title for "top players" it could be like season 1 and have none again, the titles may be similar but theyre still different and theres still only 96 players getting the top title Edited by smuldro

So do as you say or ignore the community? :3

Not necessarily. But we haven't even gotten a -reply- yet. It's just... concerning.

It's just a sad sad day when I'd rather use Just A Little Furious over a Top 96 title. At least Just A Little Furious is unique and funny. Famously Furious sounds a quest reward title from a budget cell shaded MMO based off moonshine, pizza and shooting ducks off of the back of a truck. It has zero relevance to the class what so ever and the players individual achievements. It doesn't stand out. It doesn't sound good. It's laughable and desperately needs to be changed before yet another season leaves a sour taste in people's mouths.

Ignoring all the personal attacks in this thread,

The thing the devs have got wrong (again) is that they feel the need to give the title some celebrity factor. The fact that a title is rare and has one source is all the notoriety it needs. Putting "Famously" or "fantastic" in makes it sound like the title was earned in a Pride Parade. Not brutal deathmatch arenas, which are even more brutal once you factor in the ranked meta.

So for my titles, suggested earlier:

"Battered and Furious" fits because that's what anyone who gets under 1300 is (me included). We've had the ups and downs and frustrations, just like anyone, but haven't managed to climb into the good stuff.

"Living Fury" - the sub 1649s are survivors. All the of the above, but with more to show for it.

"Unstoppable Fury" - the 1650s are all of the above and didn't let it stop them.

"Fury Incarnate" - the top 96 are the exact end product of whatever ranked PVP in SWTOR is. Not perfect, since it's not per server, but they epitomise Furious season, warts and all.

I'm only bothering to post this in the (probably vain) hope that the devs acknowledge their colossal mistake with the titles (focusing on fame rather than arenas) swallow their pride and revamp their titles.

10 games put a person at 5th highest mara/sent and #1 sent for group ranked in the world (but 200ish points below #1 mara.) if youre trying to say that its very hard to get into top 3 well thats personal opinion i guess. be happy that there even is a title for "top players" it could be like season 1 and have none again, the titles may be similar but theyre still different and theres still only 96 players getting the top title

And those people should get cracked down on. Giving out titles like this is exactly what makes players not want to q.

Why would anyone bother playing past 1650?

Fa ntastical ly Furious

Fa mous ly Furious

Pretty much the same thing, so it's like we are back to Season 1.

Ignoring all the personal attacks in this thread,

The thing the devs have got wrong (again) is that they feel the need to give the title some celebrity factor. The fact that a title is rare and has one source is all the notoriety it needs. Putting "Famously" or "fantastic" in makes it sound like the title was earned in a Pride Parade. Not brutal deathmatch arenas, which are even more brutal once you factor in the ranked meta.

So for my titles, suggested earlier:

"Battered and Furious" fits because that's what anyone who gets under 1300 is (me included). We've had the ups and downs and frustrations, just like anyone, but haven't managed to climb into the good stuff.

"Living Fury" - the sub 1649s are survivors. All the of the above, but with more to show for it.

"Unstoppable Fury" - the 1650s are all of the above and didn't let it stop them.

"Fury Incarnate" - the top 96 are the exact end product of whatever ranked PVP in SWTOR is. Not perfect, since it's not per server, but they epitomise Furious season, warts and all.

I'm only bothering to post this in the (probably vain) hope that the devs acknowledge their colossal mistake with the titles (focusing on fame rather than arenas) swallow their pride and revamp their titles.

100 times better and you are not even being paid for your ideas.

Just one quote out of many in this thread which have explicitly or implicitly stated that top 96, and the majority of pvpers are undeserving of rewards. It is obviously a mentality you share, I guess you are not attaining any of the rewards this season Ronnie? I know Maverick isn't.

I'm getting T2 on 3 characters, although my yolo rating has gone to **** since then because, well, pve server :rak_03:

Mav was also only speaking of the top 96 - not the entirety of the ranked playerbase, but as long as bioware leaves those players up on the leaderboards, I'll stick to my suggested 'Furious Wintraders' title.

Even coming out with the ad hominem third world country attacks. You are clearly very upset, with a general negative attitude which causes you to insult everyone on the leaderboards. You contradict yourself within two sentences. "We never said pvpers are undeserving" "Top 96 should be happy they get anything"........right.

top 96 != pvpers. It's a miniscule amount of the ranked playerbase, and an even smaller % from the total pvp playerbase. I'm not contradicting myself, contradicting myself would be saying that they should remove all tiers and give all players a title 'Amaze pvper' in the first sentence. The top 96 *should* be glad they're getting something, since they're in no way, shape or form proven to be the top of their world. If it would be a top server thing (best player per class per server), then yeah, I'd tots support that. However, you flapping your epeen around because you're the highest rated group marauder in the world, when you've competed with a teeny tiny amount of the total sents/maras around, is just silly.

Then there is Maverick with his equally negative mentality stating "You deserve nothing more" because you gamed the system. You are honestly talking about my reading comprehension? You're hilarious.

He never said you gamed the system - he's saying a huge chunk of the top 96 did. Again - your reading comprehension is lacking, and you're making stuff up.

There is no cross server, is there anything pvpers can do about it? No. They announced a top 96 reward, people went for the reward thinking it would be something cool, turns out that it is not. I am of the opinion that people should be rewarded based off of their server until cross server, but are you really saying that someone who is #1 on the leaderboards, group or solo, should be happy with a dinky title? You are really saying that they shouldn't feel proud because they haven't accomplished anything in the game? You are trying to hide insecurities and discount their abilities just like Maverick.

There is nothing we can do about it, but I still maintain you can't claim you're the best marauder world, because again - you've not played vs the majority of them. You knew it would be a title. When people read that title, they'll know it was for beeing one of the top marauders in the world. Whatever they called the title, it would be equally meaningless.

Why don't you share your in game name so we can go through your stats? Do you even play ranked at all? The way you are speaking I am sure you are at least #1 of your class on your server because it is so easy to do so.

I'm not anywhere near #1 of my class, and I never claimed to be. I even said I'm a regstar earlier in this thread. I've done a total of 30-40 ranked matches for the total duration of season 3. Season 2 I did 3-4 matches, and season 1 I did like 10 matches. I have no interest in the arena format in general, and I consider the yolo queue an abomination that should be put down like the filthy dog it is.

The title is a joke. You know it, Maverick knows it, and it is one line of text that can be switched very easily. Just have to see if Bioware will listen to actual pvpers instead of the negative masses and trolls.

So real pvpers are the top 96, and the rest of us are just scrubs? I'd just like to point out the fact that you're saying they should go with the opinion of 0.24% of the pvp playerbase.

Do you believe someone with 1650 rating should get the same rewards as someone with 2700?

Yes and no - If they call it 'top server rewards', and give these rewards based on your servers top rating (like I mentioned above - top 1 per class per server), then I completely agree that it should mean something. Now though? They're giving rewards based on xserver, even if players arent playing xserver. Until they make changes to the way they reward the title, then I don't see how getting a title about you (not you personally, the general you) wintrading your way to the top rating has any meaning.

Again, I think you're taking your top96 reward far to seriously, and I honestly dont understand why - even PVEers arent this much of crybabies, begging for a unique title for beating nightmare whatshis/her/itsface faster than other guilds.

Changing a title is as simple as changing a line of text. Literally. To make it class unique they only need a simple %t code or something along those lines. It literally takes 1 person 20 seconds to do.

You do know this is bioware yes? I'm pretty sure changing a title requires them to revamp their engine.

Edited by ronniehenlau

I'm getting T2 on 3 characters, although my yolo rating has gone to **** since then because, well, pve server :rak_03: Mav was also only speaking of the top 96 - not the entirety of the ranked playerbase, but as long as bioware leaves those players up on the leaderboards, I'll stick to my suggested 'Furious Wintraders' title.

top 96 != pvpers. It's a miniscule amount of the ranked playerbase, and an even smaller % from the total pvp playerbase. I'm not contradicting myself, contradicting myself would be saying that they should remove all tiers and give all players a title 'Amaze pvper' in the first sentence. The top 96 *should* be glad they're getting something, since they're in no way, shape or form proven to be the top of their world. If it would be a top server thing (best player per class per server), then yeah, I'd tots support that. However, you flapping your epeen around because you're the highest rated group marauder in the world, when you've competed with a teeny tiny amount of the total sents/maras around, is just silly.

He never said you gamed the system - he's saying a huge chunk of the top 96 did. Again - your reading comprehension is lacking, and you're making stuff up.

There is nothing we can do about it, but I still maintain you can't claim you're the best marauder world, because again - you've not played vs the majority of them. You knew it would be a title. When people read that title, they'll know it was for beeing one of the top marauders in the world. Whatever they called the title, it would be equally meaningless.

I'm not anywhere near #1 of my class, and I never claimed to be. I even said I'm a regstar earlier in this thread. I've done a total of 30-40 ranked matches for the total duration of season 3. Season 2 I did 3-4 matches, and season 1 I did like 10 matches. I have no interest in the arena format in general, and I consider the yolo queue an abomination that should be put down like the filthy dog it is.

So real pvpers are the top 96, and the rest of us are just scrubs? I'd just like to point out the fact that you're saying they should go with the opinion of 0.24% of the pvp playerbase.

Yes and no - If they call it 'top server rewards', and give these rewards based on your servers top rating (like I mentioned above - top 1 per class per server), then I completely agree that it should mean something. Now though? They're giving rewards based on xserver, even if players arent playing xserver. Until they make changes to the way they reward the title, then I don't see how getting a title about you (not you personally, the general you) wintrading your way to the top rating has any meaning.

Again, I think you're taking your top96 reward far to seriously, and I honestly dont understand why - even PVEers arent this much of crybabies, begging for a unique title for beating nightmare whatshis/her/itsface faster than other guilds.

You do realise that most of the top 96 players are also top on their servers by a tremendous degree correct? I would like to see you point out where I claimed that I was the best Marauder in the world. I would love to play against teams from other servers; sadly, this is not the case. Looks like you have a few problems with your reading comprehension as well.

They probably should go with the opinions of less than 1% of the playerbase, every time they do not ridiculous changes become implemented. The majority of the playerbase has no clue of most of the game mechanics. This is why most All-Galaxy players got PTS access for the expansion.

It was stated that the top 96 players would get a reward; it turns out that the reward is more or less a joke. That is the entire point of the thread, and you are doing your best to mitigate and derail the original point.

Does a players with 2k, or 2700 rating and a #1 spot on the leaderboards deserve more of a reward than they would get at 1650 or not?