Let us go straight from our ships down to planets

gentleblade

The loading times in this game are agonizing. Why then do I have to load load load from my ship to some mini station first THEN load a SECOND time from the station to the planet? I mean, ok. Make me go to the station once for the inoculation quest the first time or whatever when applicable. But after that I'd rather just cut out the middle man and the loading screen and just get down to business.

The loading times in this game are agonizing. Why then do I have to load load load from my ship to some mini station first THEN load a SECOND time from the station to the planet? I mean, ok. Make me go to the station once for the inoculation quest the first time or whatever when applicable. But after that I'd rather just cut out the middle man and the loading screen and just get down to business.

Because Bioware hates you.

The loading times in this game are agonizing. Why then do I have to load load load from my ship to some mini station first THEN load a SECOND time from the station to the planet?

Poor design by the original development team which built in lots of ridiculous and unavoidable time / travel sinks that according to the new development team, cannot be decoupled from the mission system without major development efforts which even if expended, could still break the game.

For some of the planets I would like this as an option. Once you have completed the planet there is little to no reason to have the station transition IMO.

The station is still needed for a few planets, naturally. And the stations are mostly vital when leveling, since there are triggers on the station for quests.

But once the planet is completed I fail to see the need. Especially since you allow a player to ascend directly to their ship...

Some of the stations have FPs you can pick up while not fleet. And Planet Quest stuff.

I do believe Belsavis is a planet that Imps should not have a space station for. I recall a fabric author suggesting an alternative that also had possibility for an interesting quest in his/her writing. Think it was Phyreblade or something like that?

And the quest was something like companions defending the ship from would-be ship thieves I think.

+1 to this being horrible design. Give us some way of escape pod-ing straight to the surface or something.

Thank God for Nar Shaddaa, I can forever skip endless spaceports, taxis and corridors and load straight onto Promenade. Similar with Coruscant with Coruscant and Dromund (best 10k ever spent).

Yep, now we just need one on every other planet :rak_03:

Stop the crying already, damn.....Whaaaaa, the game isn't fast enough. Whaaaa, I don't want to sit thru a few seconds of loading screens...Whaaaaaa

The things people whine about.....lol

Welcome to a gaming forum. This is what happens here. If you plan on responding with this every time you think it's appropriate, you'll be making A LOT of posts.

Stop the crying already, damn.....Whaaaaa, the game isn't fast enough. Whaaaa, I don't want to sit thru a few seconds of loading screens...Whaaaaaa

The things people whine about.....lol

Whining about whining, oh how original you are.

I see you went to the Reddit school of forum posting.

the station is part of the same world as the planet, there is no 2nd load time...

While I agree that docking stations/air locks (and load screens in general) are a painful time-sink, many of the avenues of travel are done the way they are for realistic lore -docking stations/air locks are on every planet that does not have a dedicated spaceport to land your gigantic ship- and, more importantly, to provide a sense of a large-scale world/galaxy.

I've seen this argument made in many other games and it usually ends with the same people who complained about travel being slow or inconvenient turning around and quitting because -now- the game world is too small and there isn't enough content. Seriously, think about it. Name ONE game that didn't get WORSE by adding instant/convenient travel?

I often feel pity for the developers of this game (or any game for that matter) - they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Wait, where can you spend 10k and go straight to Nar Shadaa? (I looked in rep, maybe I missed it)

Strongholds, though it is Current Location to Nar Shadaa stronghold (loads fast) to Promenade, as well as won't always work if you have a mission which says 'travel to Nar Shadaa' as the trigger to give you the next mission step won't happen unless you travel via your ship.