Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Commando + Mercenary

TaitWatson

On my badly geared Merc: 1980-2300 (tooltip says 2199-2500).

But it's only for getting Barrage / buffed Rail Shot anyway, so basically filler.

Lmao bad people will stay bad, no matter what they think they are.

Buffed railshot? Lmao where did you get that idea, railshot hits what if you take out the arp from pyro tree.

Buffed railshot go ahead take out ARP from pyro and go hit mobs with it.

ROFL LMAO, you do know it is simple to read floating white damage.

Some bad players thinking it should work that way are in charge of the merc feedback LOL!

When they could have easily seperate white damage from yellow damage during there daily task.

But guess mind was occupied with some fantasy world.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.torhead.com/ability/6eqS09V/tracer-lock

At 5 stacks = 30% damage increase.

Yeah go grind daily mob without armour penetration from pyro tree.

Then talk about buffed railshot hitting so hard, but I guess you are just being gmo junk.

Think that is the reason Railshot hits so hard ;)

When you could have easily found out and test in real life, the 30% ARP reduction from Pyro tree pushed armour penetration of railshot to a certain level of damage, that even without the buff it hits hard!

But some people theorise with torhead, and lead to the debacle that powershot hit harder then tracer missiles lmao.

That went on for 6 months LMAO when was on a break.

So good to know theorie crafters are still dumb when they don't understand mechanics of surge pre nerf.

Haste combinations and definetly not about ARP value, there is more to min maxing then just reading torhead dummie.

Never understood why we could have Full Auto/Unload and move with them. Or the short range ion beam/flamethrower abilities while moving.

Whoo! Move and heal, thank you!

I also appreciate that they aren't just going "We're dropping 3% accuracy from everything, but look! You can move and still channel!" And now we're getting a more comprehensive idea of what the changes will be.

Currently it does hit harder than Tracer Missile, 4k-5k to be exact with crappy gear.

And what part of remove the ARP from pyro tree don't you understand >.<

Remove that ARP and see how much it hit for with your crappy gear.

Cause you didn't remove the ARP 30% on rail shot :p

And your 4-5k is generalised. When you should be concentrating on real numbers.

Woot my railshot hits for 8k-9k (when all conditions are meet and it criticals) without 30% ARP my rail shot is hitting only 6-7k >.< , onetime didn't put points into Pyro ARP during respec.

So try again without pyro arp that is gone in 3.0.

And even lower ARP by 10% cause of ARP nerf :p.

Offcourse it beter hit harder then tracer missile, cause it has a cooldown >.< would be sad when abilities with cooldown hits like a whimpy ability. Railshot is not bread and water of arsenal tree, that is tracer missile, heatseeker and unload (or future blazing shot) we ad railshot cause it was a cheap heat source management. (with the bonus from set)

And did terrific damage cause of the ARP stacking. Even without 30% critical.

Now a side ability has become part of main ability, well here is another side ability that become part of main ability.

Fusion missille :p learn to use it. And manage it's heat with a special ability ;)

Anyway like in the first post, you have no interest in mercenaries and balance of it.

When you say it does more damage then tracer missile LMAO, try railshot without tracer missile :p what you don't know how to activate railshot without tracer missile ;) with the current playstyle.

Search torhead for your abilities lmao.

And what part of remove the ARP from pyro tree don't you understand >.<

Remove that ARP and see how much it hit for with your crappy gear.

Cause you didn't remove the ARP 30% on rail shot :p

And your 4-5k is generalised. When you should be concentrating on real numbers.

Woot my railshot hits for 8k-9k (when all conditions are meet and it criticals) without 30% ARP my rail shot is hitting only 6-7k >.< , onetime didn't put points into Pyro ARP during respec.

So try again without pyro arp that is gone in 3.0.

And even lower ARP by 10% cause of ARP nerf :p.

Offcourse it beter hit harder then tracer missile, cause it has a cooldown >.< would be sad when abilities with cooldown hits like a whimpy ability. Railshot is not bread and water of arsenal tree, that is tracer missile, heatseeker and unload (or future blazing shot) we ad railshot cause it was a cheap heat source management. (with the bonus from set)

And did terrific damage cause of the ARP stacking. Even without 30% critical.

Now a side ability has become part of main ability, well here is another side ability that become part of main ability.

Fusion missille :p learn to use it. And manage it's heat with a special ability ;)

Anyway like in the first post, you have no interest in mercenaries and balance of it.

When you say it does more damage then tracer missile LMAO, try railshot without tracer missile :p what you don't know how to activate railshot without tracer missile ;) with the current playstyle.

Search torhead for your abilities lmao.

Before you make a foul out of you, please read the passive we are getting baseline. Advanced Targeting in Pyro is now baseline, so the 30% armor pen on Railshot is now baseline.

Before you make a foul out of you, please read the passive we are getting baseline. Advanced Targeting in Pyro is now baseline, so the 30% armor pen on Railshot is now baseline.

And we still loses 35% passive till we SCG for 10 second.

So that means our main front up dps will be lower for 15 seconds. (without any alacrity to push GCD down)

So rail shot still hit for 55% ARP instead of the 80% bounderies for the first 15 second.

So we are tracer missile spamming again. With unload/blazing bolt in between (which also hit lower)

That is the whole story of lower dps. Since most damage in arsenal is kinetic.

So across the board we are lowered in dps.

Edit or we still keep 35% ARP from the cell, in that case nevermind tracermissile 30% critical strike damage.

We be pushing everything till 80% ARP and making everybody melt!

Edited by Drake_Hound

And we still loses 35% passive till we SCG for 10 second.

So that means our main front up dps will be lower for 15 seconds. (without any alacrity to push GCD down)

So rail shot still hit for 55% ARP instead of the 80% bounderies for the first 15 second.

So we are tracer missile spamming again. With unload/blazing bolt in between (which also hit lower)

That is the whole story of lower dps. Since most damage in arsenal is kinetic.

So across the board we are lowered in dps.

Edit or we still keep 35% ARP from the cell, in that case nevermind tracermissile 30% critical strike damage.

We be pushing everything till 80% ARP and making everybody melt!

We will. HVGC won't change. Still 35% armor pen and 3% alac. And you can use SCG at the very start of the fight.. Just Med Shot your own *** 10 times.

Yeah I know 4 button presser, complaining about tracermissile spam. Lmao.

You see, that's the problem when you have at least one character for every AC in the game. Yes, I do have Carnage/Combat/Concealment(x2)/Scrapper too so there goes "you can only play simple specs".

ARP? HVGC? SCG?

Edited by Halinalle

You see, that's the problem when you have at least one character for every AC in the game. Yes, I do have Carnage/Combat/Concealment(x2)/Scrapper too so there goes "you can only play simple specs".

ARP? HVGC? SCG?

Armor Pen, High Velocity Gas Cylinder, Supercharged Gas.

am looking forward too being able too move when using certain channeled abilitys ,mostly in warzones having players run away towards objectives or simply out of range when channeling too then force charge back on u as soon as the ability stops channeling pisses me of >.<

We will. HVGC won't change. Still 35% armor pen and 3% alac. And you can use SCG at the very start of the fight.. Just Med Shot your own *** 10 times.

Perfect then only give back kolto missile even at a lower healing % or less people healing.

And preference to unload or blazing bolts gfx choice. (sorry to hurt the artistic ego of the developer, but if you going to leave something in that does basically the same, let playerS have choice which animation they like)

Then am satisified.

ARP? HVGC? SCG?

Lmao you call those difficult?

Ok I guess you should try to come up with something impressive, let see what is difficult to play.

That needs 8 button rotation.

Wait how about trying to squeeze in explosive probe in concealment lmao.

Bet you never thought about that.

Lmao you call those difficult?

Ok I guess you should try to come up with something impressive, let see what is difficult to play.

That needs 8 button rotation.

Wait how about trying to squeeze in explosive probe in concealment lmao.

Bet you never thought about that.

Easy to do.. When you have Adre Probe off CD in the next seconds.

These changes feels more like we are being pushed into cookie cutter forms and I honestly wasn't all about breaking the mold or trying out variants/hybrids. Yes, yes death to hybrids but even the ones you made are being taken out back and sliced up? My dps that could toss out an aoe heal, I was never, never comparable to a spec'd healer when setup as dps, no one thought I was, I never tried to be.

You don't want to bog us down with essentially useless abilities yet you're copying one instead of just replacing or upgrading the one we had? Why not just keep the 'old' one viable in an alternative rotation, oh because the point is to dumb down characters, ie hybrids the removal of longtime abilities we had aoe taunt, aoe heal, some classes/trees being better for aoe utility etc.

I liked tossing that out to help out when things didn't need me to burn dps, I liked topping off my comp when we were bum rushing through something now I'll get instant heals(big whoop) but not the aoe I came up with. Those lulls in fights were an opportunity for me to help out my team and healers, you know cooperation. The aoe heal that saved me and my companion so many times is gone, why so you can make my dps more like other dps classes, because in pvp it was hated?

Now what I have to target myself, teammates one at a time, companion in order to get a heal then back to whatever needs killing? That's supposed to be faster for me as a dps instead of firing off the aoe and then hitting my hotkey attack that is still on the target I was attacking, are you kidding? The point there is to stop me from doing any healing period and you know it, except maybe on myself.

It is fun for players when there are classes that have abilities that others don't it is how you get people to play different classes that have a different feel or playstyle. Seems like your goal is moving us towards the only differences between classes being the weapons we use and their armor. They thing you should be doing for balance is to not have some classes so OP that no one plays the other classes and that isn't a problem except when you get into PVP or PVE elitists but nothing you do short of making this into a fps with a standard char clone will change those people's views.

TLDR: Taking merc's aoe heal is a boring restrictive change and looks like disciplines is really going the way of dumbing down the game also get off my lawn. :w_frown:

So basically you are eating up your healers ehps, but you think you're helping by "topping people off"? Trust me no raid has even been saved by your painfully week kolto missle.

Two instance is far better, because you can actually save yourself if you get in trouble in a raid, which is much more helpful. Also you don't have to target yourself to heal yourself. If you target an enemy and heal it automatically hits you without you have to switch targets at all.

Soon.™*

*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

May I use it??????