Architect's Stronghold Pack is now live!

Iwipe

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG...those weapons...ugh! The decorations all look great, but with my luck, I'll just get massively awkward weapons...I think I'll just GTN the stuff I want.

Yeah, these "steampunk" type weapons of the latest shipment really are awful.

Thankfully, in this pack there doesn't seem to be that many of them.

I've gotten less than half of what I usually get.

Don't even have one of each :)

I thought is going to be beautiful ( Statue of the Serene Pilgrim) Sirens are mythological creatures created by Sthenos and Ebriali ladies that glamour with their beauties or voice, whatever, men/humans, to mislead them from their true path of life, to make them forget who they truly are. (in aligory)

But this statue is a priest, or a muslim siren... oh dear (with burga), so its a misleading title.

This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Firstly, what about serenity makes you think sirens? They aren't even related. (Serene: (a) calm and untroubled, (b) cloudless.)

Secondly, pilgrims are meant to be (a) religious travellers or (b) travellers.

The naming convention they used is perfectly valid...

yeah... nope.

Sirens were NOT created by Stheno (and not Sthenos) and Euryale.

These two were gorgons, the immortal sisters of the more famous mortal gorgon, Medusa. But most importantly, again, they did NOT create the Sirens.

In the most popular myth, the Sirens are daughters of the river god Achelous and either one of the two muses, Melpomene or Terpsichore.

Not that anyone cares or that it's in any way relevant to the Cartel Market.

But I hate it when people butcher mythology.

ESPECIALLY, when they are fellow Greeks.

And also this

...is weirdly racist.

Please, keep your opinions to yourself.

You are wrong... Medussa died (destroyed) and the 2 (her 2 smaller sisters) in their way down, created the sirens, in order to glamour humans and find a way out. Its allegory, I am Ellinas and I know the story. Sirens are creations of... those

I could tell you what the true meaning is, but its out of the subject, only a fast glimpse for what sirens are truly are... lets keep the mythological part and say : This statue is not a siren lady... The names of the sirens are (beautiful mind, beautiful voice, melodic voice, white essence, beautiful looks, attractive looks, convincing mind). Its 7-8 i cant remember them all.

Edited by Oyranos

Firstly, what about serenity makes you think sirens? They aren't even related. (Serene: (a) calm and untroubled, (b) cloudless.)

Allow me to

on the subject of words and how us Greeks see them

:p

You are wrong... Medussa died (destroyed) and the 2 (her 2 smaller sisters) in their way down, created the sirens, in order to glamour humans and find a way out. Its allegory, I am greek and I know the story. Sirens are creations of... those

yeah, again... nope.

I can't be certain that this is not one of the hundreds of variations the Greeks had about every single myth, but it's certainly neither the most well-known nor the most supported one. So either provide links that support this or just stop going all Xena: The Warrior Princess on the myth, please.

Edited by TheNahash

Allow me to
on the subject of words and how us Greeks see them

:p

yeah, again... nope.

I can't be certain that this is not one of the hundreds of variations the Greeks had about every single myth, but it's certainly neither the most well-known nor the most supported one. So either provide links that support this or just stop going all Xena: The Warrior Princess on the myth, please.

About Acheoloos its the most believing part of the story globaly, but the story is always the same never the less - Glamour humans, so the vanished in Hades, can find a way out... And the one siren I forgot to refer, is the (clean voice) overall 8. I checked it now. According to Plato they are 8, The story of Medussa, reffers to Perseus, when Perseus killed (destroyed) Medussa her 2 little sisters vanished in Hades and thats how the story goes. But, you may know the myth of Persephoni, Persephoni is a poem for perseus and the murder of medussa, its not a goddess or an entity... Perseus + fonos (murder) = persefoni (I dont know how u spell them in english our hellenic names)

And for the reference, Hades is not a god, but a place under the crust of earth. Is the one who many religions call " hell" . The god that controls Hades and Elysium fields in lyra star system, is Ploutonas. Ploutonas is the brother of Zeus and Poseidon, not hades... this is manipulation and mistranslation of western countries. (elysium fields is the place that the good souls move), that is why we also have a planet named Pluto... because we call him Ploutonas.

after edit : Its not a irrelevant to refer in Persephone, the myth of Persephone is what actually happened to Medusa and her sisters, after she died. (A small reference) If you remember in recent archeological finds, they found an ancient curse, this curse referred to bad entities, not greek entities, but moon entities (abominations from Babylona) also Persephone and they send Hermes god to bring her up and destroy the others. Its so easy for people who read and research myths to understand that Persephone is what happened to Medusa. They camouflaged her existence in modern ages. Also Persefone is coinsidental with sirens :) (they tried also to find a way out for persefone)

Edited by Oyranos

About Acheoloos its the most believing part globaly, but the story is always the same... and the one I forgot to refer, is the (clean voice) overall 8. I checked it now. According to Plato they are 8, The story of Medussa, reffers to Perseus, when Perseus killed (destroyed) Medussa her 2 little sisters vanished in Hades and thats how the story goes. But, you may know the myth of Persephony, Persephony is a poem for perseus and the murder of medussa, its not a goddess or an entity... Perseus + fonos (murder) = persefoni (I dont know how u spell them in english our hellenic names)

Their creation never the less, was that always. Glamour humans, so the vanished in Hades, can find a way out. And for the reference, Hades is not a god, but a place instead under the crust of earth. Is the one who many religions call " hell" . The god that controls Hades and Elysium fields in lyra star system, is Ploutonas. Ploutonas is the brother of Zeus and Poseidon, not hades... this is manipulation and mistranslation of western countries. (elysium fields is the place that the good souls move), that is why we also have a planet named Pluto... because we call him Ploutonas.

I see no links anywhere in your post. And I'm beginning to understand where you heard all of this (mostly) nonsense.

The only reference I could find supporting what you just said is a conspiracy theory site talking about reptilians (!). And, frankly, your english is a LOT like the guy giving the information there. So...yeah...

Oh and please stop trying to explain to me the meaning of words, the Greek Gods and their family members. I am aware of their correct names, I am Greek too.

I apologize to the OP for inadvertently derailing the thread and I promise to stop.

Edited by TheNahash

are we allowed to post links? search wiki if your greek for sirines. And I am surprised you asking me links... pff greek my...#$ Its so widely spread and known, at least to the greeks this stuff. You didnt even know the names of the sirines? Greek in the papers...

Anyway, lets keep in the topic, the name of the statue is misleading.

Edited by Oyranos

are we allowed to post links? search wiki if your greek for sirines. And I am surprised you asking me links... pff greek my...#$ Its so widely spread and known... at least to the greeks this stuff. You didnt even know the names of the sirines? Greek in the papers...

lol there are Greeks and then there are Liakopoulos reading Greeks.

We are different types of Greeks, my friend.

Stay well.

are we allowed to post links? search wiki if your greek for sirines. And I am surprised you asking me links... pff greek my...#$ Its so widely spread and known... at least to the greeks this stuff. You didnt even know the names of the sirines? Greek in the papers...

Actually the name of the statue is correct and unambiguous, even for a Greek.

Actually the name of the statue is correct and unambiguous, even for a Greek.

I mean, the looks of the statue, does not remind you any sirine... a beautiful lady. You see a priest or a lady in priest cloths.

ps: I send u a PM the wikipedia to read the things I said (with references from Hsiodos and Plato), because its not a forum to post links about mythological sirines, who cares... I dont know who that liakopulos is, maybe you know better, your level of knowledge.

Edited by Oyranos

I mean, the looks of the statue, does not remind you any sirine... a beautiful lady. You see a priest or a lady in priest cloths.

ps: I send a PM the wikipedia to read the things I said... I dont know who that liakopulos is, maybe you know better, your level of knowledge.

The statue to me represents what I would consider a person wearing pilgrim-like clothing. It looks to be a humble outfit worn by someone of a serene demeanor. You are mistaking the words here, they do mean different things despite having similar roots.

The similar roots confused me, sorry.,.. I was expecting something beautiful... I was so exited about the name, but GTN is ur best friend.

No worries, the English and their language transgressions will be dealt with at some point :p

Anyone gotten a Kingpin Slot Machine?

I got 2 hypercrates and none of those dropped. One guy I talked to bought 5 crates and got none of those either.

Seems like REALLY poor drop rates on this one.

Slot Machine: Kingpin’s Mark doesn't show as part of the Architect's Pack as of today's patch.

Seems the drop rates on the individual armor pieces (Jarael and Dathomir) are absolutely awful. I understand making things rare but there has to be a limit somewhere when people are spending real $$$.

Indeed. Out of a hypercrate I got one Jarael item (pants) and one Dathomir item (gloves)

Positive:

• Some really nice decos
  • Mini Mech CM-12 looks nice
  • Purple Outline Color Crystal is appreciated as not plastic looking.
  • Dyes not bad but not worth a pack
  • Price drop

Negative

• Really don't like the gear
  • Can't stand anymore the weapons
  • Bored of the paint job on the mounts.
  • Don't care of the emotes until we don't have proper macros to use them conveniently

All in all not sure the decos are really worth the price of the pack as mostly everything else is either fair or really bad.

And thanks Dulfy for the data.

Edited by Deewe

If the lore armor is really that rare, looks like I won't have any armor shopping to do for this pack. I was lucky enough to get the Ceremonial box I wanted in a pack, and though I like Jarael's set, I'm not sure I like it enough to pay a small fortune for it. >.<

And is it just me, or are the crystals really common in this pack? I got 3 in 3 packs, each a different kind. They must like to keep us guessing. One pack they're uber mega rare, and the next, they're dropping like candy from a pinata. :confused:

I bought 3 packs to check them out... I got

2 corelian rugs (I like the corellian rugs, amazing, I need more, because I use Selkath couch and its light green leather with green carpets its beauty, also I use the love executives or something couches with some greeny on them and it fits perfectly. I also added a few luxary wall scones and its perfect with a statue of the ancient slave and some glowing bolb pots (blue and green). So I actually made a room with it...

2 containers sleek

2 pots with glowing blue light bulbs or something....

I got lots of purple exp with cartel market, 2 titles (the galactic warden and Architect) I like the architect its very god like title... lol I havent use them yet. nice packs, not bad

No luck for a mount and one of the 3 packs, contained 2 packs of gear...didnt check what kind of gear is that...

Edited by Oyranos