Best mouse for SWTOR these days? Help pls

ilifus

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the Logitec G600 this past spring. Felt better to me than the Razor. Actually got it when I was trying out Wildstar, but it's changed my gaming here by a lot.

Not sure if you can still get the 600 with the 700 out (I got mine at a nice discount during transition). Can't totally tell how many buttons you get with the Mad Catz, but definitely go with a 12 button plus shift/ctrl/alt option vs. a 6 button since there are a lot of abilities in this game.

I still use W, A, S, D for movement (S & D now straffe) and also keybind Q, E, R, T etc. to some cooldowns and use the mouse for rotation type abilities. G600 is a great mouse for that in my 6 months experience.

As a lefty there's very little choice for me. Razer seems to be the only manufacturer willing to pick up the left handed market.

I had a LH DeathAdder which was extremely comfortable but eventually succumbed to Razer's infamous button failures. It has been replaced with a LH Razer Naga....and I love it.

It's not perfect, but it fits my hand well and I can't imagine how I'd play MMOs again without those 12 thumb buttons on my mouse.

Umm no. Logitech has withdrawn it. You can check their website - its now listed under the discontinued products. You are lucky that your g600 is not giving you problems. A quick google search will show you that many people are having problems with self-fixes ranging from opening the mouse and applying epoxy to the contacts (worked for me for awhile) to completely replacing the button switches.

anyway I hope your g600 keeps you happy for a long time to come :)

Um... It's listed on the same page as the other G-series mice, is for sale, and they just introduced a white model earlier in the year.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse

Maybe he means g500, the one I was a victim with.. lol

Horrible! I loved it, but horrible... I couldn't play swtor, I couldn't play games in general, when you have to click both left and right, be able to walk.... (i also have autorun)...but when u need to turn.....

I was falling in the walls or stop walking most of the times. You had to open the mouse and add some stickers in the plastic hammers. But I decided to destroy my g500, detach the power cord/usb and move it to my old g5...

I felt sad, because I voided my warranty 3 months mouse (my second replacement). That is why I avoided logitech and bought the m65 after. Because I felt like logitech that I loved from my g5, fooled me.

The problem was the cheap plastics and static electricity...

Edited by Oyranos

I prefer the Logitech G600. It is a wonderful mouse for multiple reasons:

-It is a nice size mouse and, generally speaking, a persons hand will rest comfortably on it with little issues.

-The 12 buttons on the side are amazing for various reasons. As a healer, I heal far more efficiently than those who click, drag, click, repeat. I've noticed it is also great for DPS as well due to the fact that you are able to move your thumb quicker to use abilities than you are able to to move your mouse and click or use your keyboard.

-The mouse is a tank. I bought 4 at a sale for $35 each just incase anything happened to one.. I've been using the same one for over two years now with the others still in their packaging. I take it with me to college and back on a daily basis, have dropped it multiple times, and it still works at 100%.

-Pretty colors. You can change your mouse to illuminate practically any color. Whats more important about this is your mouse will be programmed to three different settings. For example, I have one set as "1-=" for MMOs. Then I may have my buttons set up for "asdfqwer" for various dungeon crawlers and what not.

All in all, I recommend the Logitech G600. If you can't afford the $70-80 price tag I would recommend getting any MMO mouse with at least 16 buttons. It'll make your gameplay so much better.

Maybe he means g500, the one I was a victim with.. lol

Horrible! I loved it, but horrible... I couldn't play swtor, I couldn't play games in general, when you have to click both left and right, be able to walk.... (i also have autorun)...but when u need to turn.....

I was falling in the walls or stop walking most of the times. You had to open the mouse and add some stickers in the plastic hammers. But I decided to destroy my g500, detach the power cord/usb and move it to my old g5...

I felt sad, because I voided my warranty 3 months mouse (my second replacement). That is why I avoided logitech and bought the m65 after. Because I felt like logitech that I loved from my g5, fooled me.

The problem was the cheap plastics and static electricity...

OMG You are right! The sticker at the bottom has worn out so I misread it as 600 instead of 500:eek:

No reason to destroy the g500 its frustrating but if you can fix the problems its a good mouse. still use mine. can be annoying with the double clicking and suck and its weird having to shove a paper under the right mouse button so that it doesnt right click when i dont want it to :D

• 1 month later...

I recently got two new peripherals from my fiance for Christmas, one of them being a new mouse. I didn't like the Razer, wanted to try something new.

She got me what I wanted, a Logitech Proteus Core G502. I see it was also recommended here. I want to warn people that get this mouse: It is a great mouse but the wheel is SUPER SUPER SENSITIVE. If you want to bind anything to mouse wheel up or down, you have a big learning curve. It's a free spinning wheel so you could let that sucker fly and it will scroll and scroll. Because of this design, it ends up becoming overly sensitive to any touch. It's not like other mousewheels where you feel a "click" for each wheel movement.

Otherwise a great mouse.

Also the Logitech G710+ keyboard is great but I doubt it will last. Mechanical keyboard feels soooo good though and the pure white keys are actually very pleasing.

I got a G600 for Xmas. It feels a little bit odd for a start, but once you have your keys bound to the little monster you find yourself using abilities faster and easier than ever.

I heard great things about the Razer Naga and considered getting one, but since I was upgrading from a G9 and I still use a G19s Keyboard with a G930 Headset, I already had all the software installed for the G600 and knew it would be easy for me to setup (less than 5 minutes) and the setup needed in SWTOR took me longer (10 minutes).

To take my G600 away from me you would need to prise it from cold, dead fingers.

Try the Roccat Tyon ! My new "love" in the mouse sector :-) !

Everywhere I read they said it was a good mouse, but you have to have one of the Roccat keyboards as a companion for it to work correctly. I adore my G19s and I did not want to change it, hence why the Roccat was instantly ruled out.

Why should that be ? I have a G19 too and it works perfectly ;-) !

From what I remember it was to do with the fact that the easy shift button only works in conjunction with a Roccat keyboard. Although since you own one you would be in a good place to advise if that is true.

I was gutted because I loved the idea of that analog thumb button.

I recommend the Logitech G600. I had a Naga that developed double-click errors after about 9 months. I decided to try out the G600 while the Naga was being RMA'd. Two and a half years later I'm still using the Logitech.

I much prefer the design of the thumb buttons on the G600---each button has a unique shape with regards to its neighbors which helps to prevent mis-clicks. Also, I use a claw grip and i find the slightly wider G600 to be more comfortable, although it took some time to adjust to the presence of the third (ring finger) pad.

I love my Logitech Wireless Trackman M570 (helps a lot with carpal tunnel) but I think a mouse is a very personal preference sort of thing. Go to a store where you can see lots of mice on display and see which one feels the best to you. :rolleyes:

I also have an M570 for my laptop (I seem to be Logitech man...) because I hate touchpads with a passion and the tracker means I really can use my lappy anywhere.

Hi folks, thank you for the helpful discussion.

In regards to the hands size, I have the DeathAdder Razer, and want to pick the Epic one, because, well, I want to bind movement/targeting and fighting to the mouse. My hand comfortably covers my Razer, but are you saying that the buttons are too small to thumb through on the Epic and the Logi is better? Unfortunately, the store has them boxed. I am going to see if they have any open-boxed ones that I can try that will resolve the issue.

Hi folks, thank you for the helpful discussion.

In regards to the hands size, I have the DeathAdder Razer, and want to pick the Epic one, because, well, I want to bind movement/targeting and fighting to the mouse. My hand comfortably covers my Razer, but are you saying that the buttons are too small to thumb through on the Epic and the Logi is better? Unfortunately, the store has them boxed. I am going to see if they have any open-boxed ones that I can try that will resolve the issue.

I found the buttons on the G600 to be much easier to find without looking. But it is a very, very personal thing and I would suggest getting your mit around one of the beasties to give it a test drive. Although I think all of the 20 button mice feel bloody weird for a start.

I was originally using the SWTOR branded Razer keyboard with Radio Shack's gaming mouse (think it's called 'Extreme' or something with 2 buttons on left thumb) and eventually worked my way up to the Razer Naga Hex.

6 Buttons is a bit hard to get used to at first but once you get the knack there's no going back. The Naga combined with a steelseries merc stealth keyboard is a great combo for key turners like me in my opinion.

I own the razor naga, g700 and g600

g700 is the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. Ergonomically it is my favorite and my hand was never tired. However, it only has 4 buttons on the side; and although it has some additional ones on top my personal preference is for side buttons. Software was very easy to use also.

Naga has the 12 buttons on the side; software is easy to use. The only issue for me was it was a bit too small for my bigger hands. I gave it to my wife and she is using it for swtor too.

G600 - this is the mouse I currently use. Software is not as user friendly as the other ones but eventually I got it figured out. It has a ring finger click that made it a very different grip and caused some soreness in my hand for the first week. Eventually though my hand go used to the new grip and I must say I am very happy with this mouse. The 12 side buttons are shaped differently than the naga and easier to feel for someone with a big thumb.

Lots of good info here. I myself have never used anything but a two-button mouse with scroll wheel, but have considered changing that up. Some back story. When I was in the Army (1994-2000) I started gaming, sims and turn based strategy games mostly. However, I blew out my right shoulder and couldn't reach up for the mouse for a couple months, and even after that it was downright painful and tiring. That following Spring, my ex filed papers, and I dove head first into Evercrack. I found that it was difficult to play and keep up with all the buttons I night need to mash. So I found, and bought, the Belkin Nostromo n50 Speedpad.

Wow! Paired with a trackball mouse with a LONG cord (could place it on my knee) I could not only play and keep up, but I could actually play well. I burned up three of them by the time the upgraded n52 came out, and burned through to of those as well. Sadly, Razer bought out that product line and made "improvements" that made going to their new product undesirable. The biggest thing was their control software, which went from very easy to use and customize a game profile, to difficult. After looking at a LOT of other game pads, I settled on the Logitech G13 and have not looked back.

For awhile now I have been using one of the newer wireless keyboard/mouse combos by Logitech. No complaints, but lately it seems as if they are cutting out, and by that I mean I can hit a mapped key and get no response, and then hit it again a few times and several seconds later get all of those taps in rapid succession. I know there has been a lot of lag in the game since the last big update, so I don't know if this is that, or something with my hardware. It's not the batteries, because I had just changed them a couple weeks ago, and then changed them again the other day and it was still happening. So, I have been considering going back to wired.

If it didn't require degrees in computer science and computer engineering to get an XBox or PS3/4 controller to work with the game, I would go that route. Still, too many slots on just one hotbar of the UI to limit myself, I would probably just use it for GSF.

No complaints, but lately it seems as if they are cutting out, and by that I mean I can hit a mapped key and get no response, and then hit it again a few times and several seconds later get all of those taps in rapid succession. I know there has been a lot of lag in the game since the last big update, so I don't know if this is that, or something with my hardware. It's not the batteries, because I had just changed them a couple weeks ago, and then changed them again the other day and it was still happening. So, I have been considering going back to wired.

I have been finding this as well, not very often but on a very rare occasion (maybe once a session). All of my hardware is wired (except my headset) so I assume it's this 'crippling 'feels like a slap in the face' uber lag/ability delay which makes the game totally unplayable' that some people have been mentioning on the forums for weeks...

Edited by Aetes