toborro's hardmode

What kind of DPS should an ops group expect to see on Golden Fury? We did a run yesterday and got owned in this HM - not because of the mechanics which are relatively simple but because of the enrage timer - does anyone know how much time is on that enrage?

We are pretty much all 180 spec but didn't even come close.

Also, the walkthrough's I've read seem to have both tanks getting the isotope-5 shield. is this only if they are tank swapping onto Golden each laser blast? I am not sure why a tank swap is needed and also am not sure why the off-tank on the adds would need the shield

Any help is appreciated!

Don't know any dps numbers, but on 8man it's a pretty serious dps check. Or at least used to be.

For tanking: You don't need a tank swap on the boss, but both tanks should have isotope-5.

Bosstank can grab one every secon laser. If you do this, it'll wear off halfway through every second phase they're tanking, but this is managable with cooldowns.

At the adds it's vital that both are interrupted, since if they get their cast through, they will remove the isotope-5 from the tank, which then leads to more damge inc.

i don't know the numbers required, must be around 2k dps since the boss has 4m i think, it's 8 minutes fight?, maybe you had too many mdps or a couple of deaths.

what can i say is that you don't swap with OT, that you need 1-2 dps on adds duty and they must interupt the cast of the adds, which erases isotope protection. if the tank can hold both the adds and he and the dps can interupt, he can avoid using isotopes at all..i think the key is having a sustained dps on the boss while not wasting too much time on the adds aswell. and all must survive the laser..

yes, this is 8 man

Definately getting the interrupts down.

Wasted time having the main tank running to regened isotope containers. One piece of advise I saw was to have others push/damage the new tanks in the laser breaks so tank was not wasting his time getting to them or taking them down.

Still, was a true DPS check. He has 2.5M hitpoints on 8 man and 4M on 16 man....which would seem a lot easier as exact same mechanics but 6-7 more DPS contributing on main boss

The enrage timer just seemed very tight :-(

rDPS on the adds and on 8m he/she should be capable of killing them alone (no switching to boss) or 2 rDPS and they need to kill them fast anyway and switch on boss. + u really need at least 2,5k DPS each maybe more.

It really is a DPS race nothing more, grp of 180 geared ppl should be fine cuz the potential for the numbers is at least 3.2k for each spec there (assuming correct rotation and gearing).

mDPS stays on the boss all the time ofc, and classes with knocks/pulls should get the canister as close as possible to tanks, and damage them when the laser is firing, so the tank only needs 1-2 hits top to get the buff.

Every tank has at least 2 10m abilities and except of shadow they have 30m attack too so they can't be wasting time on that.

The one mistake I see a lot of people make is restarting DPS too late after each laser phase. His shield falls off a few seconds before the visual on the laser ends so everyone can throw a few hits in from range. Even mele and those on add duty should have a few options or at least get dots started.

i don't know the numbers required, must be around 2k dps since the boss has 4m i think, it's 8 minutes fight?, maybe you had too many mdps or a couple of deaths.

what can i say is that you don't swap with OT, that you need 1-2 dps on adds duty and they must interupt the cast of the adds, which erases isotope protection. if the tank can hold both the adds and he and the dps can interupt, he can avoid using isotopes at all..i think the key is having a sustained dps on the boss while not wasting too much time on the adds aswell. and all must survive the laser..

It's been a very long time I did the hm on 8. I think the one thing that gets you in trouble with the enrage timer is the adds handling. I think two people (when it's 8man) on adds it's too much dps loss on boss. The tank on adds should interrupt one of them while the dps interrupts the other and that's it. One dps plus one tank should be able to kill those 2 adds in a timely manner and leave 3 dps on boss constantly.

You guys have to work on your rotations, we used to clear this in arkanian gear and it was a tight finish.. nowadays its cake...

Get your dps to work on proper rotations, and use adrenals, they really help, esp when every dps'er pops one or 2 per fight.

^lol true

Two ranged, Two melee. Melee on boss full time, Ranged can stand in spots where they can seamlessly change from the adds to the boss. Ranged burst adds down (interrupt one each then focus target one) and then both focus boss. This gives tanks time to go and damage iso canisters should they need to.

My team did this one the other day for achievements sake, With 180 gear is actually pretty easy and this is what we did:

2 ranged dps on the 1st add, 1 ranged switches to boss as soon as 1 add is down, OT and the remaining ranged burns down the 2nd add, rinse and repeat, your goal is to bring the boss down around 8% between laser phases, at soft enrage (20%, aka radation leak) pop inspiration have OT get the boss while MT goes and grabs another iso buff (this is only to make life easier on healers so they can help bringing the boss down)

The strategy I have seen used most frequently for TC 8/HM is the following.

• All ISOs are pre-positioned close to where each tank will be standing during laser blast
  • All ISOs are pre-damaged so they can be picked up with one or two Globals by a tank
  • Both tanks always have an ISO buff by picking up an ISO container every other laser blast
  • One tank for boss and one tank for adds
  • Three DPS for boss and one rDPS for adds
  • The tank and the rDPS on adds each interrupt one add to prevent the add tank's ISO buff from being stripped off
  • The rDPS should be positioned so that after they kill the two adds, they pivot and attack the boss for a few Globals before the boss's laser immunity kicks in

With your group in 180 gear, you are not preforming well enough to clear this fight if it takes more than one rDPS to kill both adds. Three 180 geared DPS on the boss the entire time should have no difficulty beating the enrage timer.

1rdps on adds can be tricky depending on your dps. Make sure the healer adds damage as well. The healer doesn't do much damage, but every bit helps in taking down the adds.

Tip on boss, you can apply DoTs during his shield phase (mostly helpfull for sustained ranged on boss).

Make sure the dps on the adds is a bursty or an aoe specced dps, that will help if that dps has to solo the adds.

With your group in 180 gear, you are not preforming well enough to clear this fight

This^^

I have been in many groups failing TC HM as well when pugging but if you are hitting enrage timer through bad dps i.e. it's not because some of you are dying etc then it is because you all need to know your rotations and parse better. In full 180 gear, there should be no problem really. 16m is easier then 8m, and better rewards!

i think it will be fine if everyone spams basic attack

After i quoted this one yesterday on my guilds teamspeak, 2 people went onto the dummy, speccing some weird hybrids for surge and generel dps raise and trying this out. Was one sent and one mando.

They both got close to, if not higher, than 1.4k dps by only autoattacking. Took around 11 minutes to kill the 1 million hp dummy :D

Our next step will be to try tfb storymode with only autoattacking the bosses :D

Sorry for offtopic btw :)

Edited by Torvai

After i quoted this one yesterday on my guilds teamspeak, 2 people went onto the dummy, speccing some weird hybrids for surge and generel dps raise and trying this out. Was one sent and one mando.

They both got close to, if not higher, than 1.4k dps by only autoattacking. Took around 11 minutes to kill the 1 million hp dummy :D

Our next step will be to try tfb storymode with only autoattacking the bosses :D

Sorry for offtopic btw :)

Hahahaha. Try to play dost specs and put dots between basic attacks, that's a bit more effective. (done 3k like this, force breach, sever force, mind crush and saber strike only :) )

Using dots would be cheating ;)

Our first set of rules was only autoattack for damage, but heal normally. Although we'll first try and see how it'll be with only "autoattack" heals.

Every other non dmg skill will be allowed, so offensive and defensive cooldowns, sprints, taunts etc.

Will report back, maybe with a video :D

This^^

I have been in many groups failing TC HM as well when pugging but if you are hitting enrage timer through bad dps i.e. it's not because some of you are dying etc then it is because you all need to know your rotations and parse better. In full 180 gear, there should be no problem really. 16m is easier then 8m, and better rewards!

The DPS are around 2600 DPS in their current gear on the ops dummy. Good ideas that we will pickup

1) more people moving iso tanks closer and damaging during laser phase for iso buff

2) avoid waiting for tank to gain buff before re-attacking boss if necessary.. Threat table is so high on tank there is no issue with DPS going at Fury if tank is delayed after laser

3) seeing how they are burning the adds. interrupts are being done fine. I like idea of two rDPS burning one and then one + OT finish the other. I'd like to see how fast they finish and how much the second rDps can go on boss

4) ensuring ranged are hitting moment shield goes down which maybe earlier than they think

5) hitting with DoTs while shield is up

6) Ensure no over healing - which we know is happening instead of healer DPS as appropriate

Edited by peterjohndevries

The DPS are around 2600 DPS in their current gear on the ops dummy.

Hmm...when you mentioned in your original post that you were pretty much all in 180 gear, is that 180 commendation gear, or 180 four-piece set bonus gear?

DPS set bonuses are incredibly important to putting out the maximum amount of DPS (and heals and damage mitigation, for that matter). Four 168 set-bonus armorings are far superior to four 180 non-set bonus armorings. I would even take four 162 set-bonus armorings over the non-set 180 commendation versions.

Any advanced class in head-to-toe 180s (with a four-piece set bonus of 162s or above) should be in the mid 3K range for a dummy parse. Top end players in the same gear parse in range of 3.7K-4.0K. 2.6K DPS is more along the lines of what a player in min/max 162s should be able to parse.

2) avoid waiting for tank to gain buff before re-attacking boss if necessary..

There's your problem. At least the biggest one that stands out to me. If somebody is afraid of ripping aggro away while the tank is returning from getting an iso buff, they need to use their agro drop. And the tank can always taunt before they are in melee range.

Edited by altaboy

Hmm...when you mentioned in your original post that you were pretty much all in 180 gear, is that 180 commendation gear, or 180 four-piece set bonus gear?

DPS set bonuses are incredibly important to putting out the maximum amount of DPS (and heals and damage mitigation, for that matter). Four 168 set-bonus armorings are far superior to four 180 non-set bonus armorings. I would even take four 162 set-bonus armorings over the non-set 180 commendation versions.

Any advanced class in head-to-toe 180s (with a four-piece set bonus of 162s or above) should be in the mid 3K range for a dummy parse. Top end players in the same gear parse in range of 3.7K-4.0K. 2.6K DPS is more along the lines of what a player in min/max 162s should be able to parse.

180 comm gear sorc here, I parse about 3.1k dps on dummy (both lightning and madness), without stim and adrenals.

Frankly if your mates do 2.6k dps in 180 gear something is wrong; my 162/168/180 (without augments) concealment op can parse that too

180 comm gear sorc here, I parse about 3.1k dps on dummy (both lightning and madness), without stim and adrenals.

Frankly if your mates do 2.6k dps in 180 gear something is wrong; my 162/168/180 (without augments) concealment op can parse that too

we are all a mix of gear so I am not certain what they are at right now but I had assumed 180 comms. I am pretty sure they don't have set bonus though so we are going to change that even if dropping to a lower gear armoring

we are all a mix of gear so I am not certain what they are at right now but I had assumed 180 comms. I am pretty sure they don't have set bonus though so we are going to change that even if dropping to a lower gear armoring

Yes, sticking to that strategy will serve you and your friends well. Keep your set-bonuses - DPS, healers and tanks. Don't overwrite them with commendation armorings just because they have a higher gear rating. You are just throwing away character performance with that approach.