Live Stream News: They're expanding line of sight.

ReckonerH

If anything this will make it easier against these melee players who run around you like crazy so you sometimes can't get an attack off cause "you are not facing the right direction."

So, yet another measure by BW to make this game even easier...

Edited by Z-ToXiN

I thought this was odd since I barely see many sent/mara and non vig juggs. Ranged classes are completely fine as is. I mean isn't that the point of melee? Why the hell is range so close to melee he needs to use a 270 degree damage window. Kite...enough easy mode. After a while the game will play itself.

270 is the same range as Overload and keyboard turning Sorcs miss with that all the time. The only thing I see this affecting is people with slight lag/FPS issues.

Overload goes by the direction the player is facing, thus the increased LoS doesn't change anything.

Also I'm confused about their wording. They said "ranged attacks" have had their Los increased. However this could have two meanings. It could mean all abilities used by classes that are ranged. Or it could mean all abilities that are of the "ranged" attack type. I.e Railshot and Full Auto.

I don't exactly know why they are doing this, but honestly i'll probably not even notice.

I guess it depends on the degree (literally). If I can deny you my back simply by strafing, then the ONLY way you'll get a maul off is if I'm CC'd or it's your opener. but I doubt the angle/degree is THAT constrained.

d'oh! I misread. only for ranged. yeah. not sure what matter this makes at all.

Edited by foxmob

I guess it depends on the degree (literally). If I can deny you my back simply by strafing, then the ONLY way you'll get a maul off is if I'm CC'd or it's your opener. but I doubt the angle/degree is THAT constrained.

They only referred to LoS, I don't think its changing the parameters for what qualifies as behind target. Although I wish they would adjust it, I don't play stealthers often but when I do I am constantly amazed by what qualifies as "behind target" in this game.

yeah. but what's good for the goose is good for the gander. we're able to strafe and still attack players that are in the opposite direction of that which we are running. that's kinda BS too.

I'm not sure what LoS would mean if it didn't mean angle. it sounds like they're enlarging the angle necessary to begin a cast. otherwise...LoS means...like...wrapping a bullet around an object or something (it already does that anyway with the lag!)

They only referred to LoS, I don't think its changing the parameters for what qualifies as behind target. Although I wish they would adjust it, I don't play stealthers often but when I do I am constantly amazed by what qualifies as "behind target" in this game.

I can't really say anything about an ability as "flanking" the target rather than get behind them but I will say the reason this should be so forgiving as it is now is there can be some latency issues with checking a player is right behind the target and I used to see a lot more hitching on those kinds of abilities that were really frustrating.

Edited by Technohic

Overload goes by the direction the player is facing, thus the increased LoS doesn't change anything.

Also I'm confused about their wording. They said "ranged attacks" have had their Los increased. However this could have two meanings. It could mean all abilities used by classes that are ranged. Or it could mean all abilities that are of the "ranged" attack type. I.e Railshot and Full Auto.

What i meant was Overload has a 270 degree arc. So you can use that as an impromptu indicator of the LoS "cone" will be.

What i meant was Overload has a 270 degree arc. So you can use that as an impromptu indicator of the LoS "cone" will be.

I could have sworn that the current overload had an arc less than 180 degrees. I can't login to my client and check right now. I thought it was something more like 120 degrees. Can someone confirm this?

I'm fairly certain overload is a sub 180 degree cone

Yeah, it's less than 180. I would guess more like 90 -120 range. A cone cannot be 180 degrees anyway, 'cause then it's a half circle.

Edited by teclado

I'm fairly certain overload is a sub 180 degree cone

Could be might **** connection then because I have hit/been hit by Overload when directly beside/slightly behind people pretty regularly. #lagFTW

EDIT: Now that I think about it you're right Overload is 120 degrees. "Behind" is 270, you really only have to get to the side and very slightly behind a person to use Maul/Shadowstrike

Edited by Capt_Beers