The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Rakghoul Event is back.

Reno_Tarshil

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell does it harm your enjoyment of the event of someone else doesn't participate?

It doesn't. My point wasn't that you had to participate, rather it's designed so that everyone can easily. It's just as easy to opt out of the event, but apparently that isn't good enough for you. So, when you place restrictions - say everyone has to go to the Spike before they can be infected - you make it much, much harder for the majority. The current system has less of an inconvenience, and for a lot less players as well. Ergo, the current system is superior.

No. It's the mark of maturity. Knowing that the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows. That sometimes, you do have to put up with things you don't like. And so far as those things don't cause you physical or emotional harm, then when it's over, the world keeps turning and you have a chance at a new day to make the world your oyster.

And this has what to do with a game?

There's another saying that people forget -- "Life isn't fair -- which is why should be."

Because that's the rules of the Rakghoul event.

Yes, and there are laws inside of countries, but guess what, a Jury can pronounce a verdict in total contradiction of these law, purely based on their view of morality, it's called Jury nullification of law.

This is their way of saying that the Law is Unfair.

"because they are the rule" is not an argument, in fact it is the opposite of an argument, and posting in these forums is the only voice we have, so why should we stay silent ?

So you're saying that the best way for us to not be bothered by the event is to actually... Do the event?

I'm gonna let you think it through. I'm sure you'll manage to figure out by yourself what's wrong with that.

The game itself does implement the most effective way of avoiding the annoying thing the event may cause. It's there, and it's a really easy one to get. Just a few dailies. Are you strange to dailies ? Ever done a few ?

And those relics are not only good to effectivley cancel the troubles you may get, but they are arguably the best leveling relics available, so for that alone a few dailies are worth it. The relics will pay themselves that way, they are legacy bound, so you only need one, for your entire legacy.

Yeah, the principle "having" to do something to avoid this, but this something is so trivial and also has other great benefits, well... kinda makes it hard for me to be sympathetic, tbh...

Edited by wainot-keel

I don't have to play every single aspect of the game. Space and PVP for example, are things I don't want to, and don't have to do. Events are the same : optional. Every event is optional except for this one, which imposes its rules even on those who don't want to participate.

I feel the same. You shouldn't have to be forced to play the event. Every other mmo I've played had their events be optional except for this one, everyone has to participate. And that sucks for people who could care less about it.

Yes, and there are laws inside of countries, but guess what, a Jury can pronounce a verdict in total contradiction of these law, purely based on their view of morality, it's called Jury nullification of law.

This is their way of saying that the Law is Unfair.

"because they are the rule" is not an argument, in fact it is the opposite of an argument, and posting in these forums is the only voice we have, so why should we stay silent ?

You can speak all you want. Just have something more to say than, "I am disgruntled. The rules must change to accommodate me!"

Edit: And don't be surprised when someone with an opposing opinion and the same level of confidence in their logic speaks out against you.

Edited by azudelphi

It doesn't. My point wasn't that you had to participate, rather it's designed so that everyone can easily. It's just as easy to opt out of the event, but apparently that isn't good enough for you. So, when you place restrictions - say everyone has to go to the Spike before they can be infected - you make it much, much harder for the majority. The current system has less of an inconvenience, and for a lot less players as well. Ergo, the current system is superior.

Making those who want to do the Raktroll event go to the planet it's taking place on... no different from making those who want to do the Oricon dailies to go to Oricon.

The experience of the game is wider than just what you want, as an FYI...

Which is ironic in the extreme coming from someone defending the Raktroll event's opt-out requirement because "default participation makes things easier for those who want to do the event".

(Ruin someone else's experience of the game for the sake of your own enjoyment, and if they don't like it, that's their problem, you're just having fun, right? )

What I want is a situation where you get your experience, and I get my experience, and we're both happy. The only way that's not possible is if what you want is literally to be able to inflict the event on players who haven't gone out of their way to avoid it.

Therefore a galactic outbreak is on every planet, right?

If your aim is to make the problems with this event worse, sure.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

The game itself does implement the most effective way of avoiding the annoying thing the event may cause. It's there, and it's a really easy one to get. Just a few dailies. Are you strange to dailies ? Ever done a few ?

And those relics are not only good to effectivley cancel the troubles you may get, but they are arguably the best leveling relics available, so for that alone a few dailies are worth it. The relics will pay themselves that way, they are legacy bound, so you only need one, for your entire legacy.

Yeah, the principle "having" to do something to avoid this, but this something is so trivial and also has other great benefits, well... kinda makes it hard for me to be sympathetic, tbh...

One comment (not taking sides either way) but the relics are not the best relics for a level 55 character. I know I checked their stats against the relics I have.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Of course they aren't the best relics for 55. That's why I said "leveling" relics.

They may be good up until 50 for leveling but after 50 you can get better relics for leveling from 50-55 and now with the new expansion you will have to level again. The point isn't they aren't good for what they are designed for but they not the best for leveling relics from level 50 and up.

They are designed for a specific function and that is the plague but stating they are the best relic for leveling might be a little too much especially after level 50.

Which is ironic in the extreme coming from someone defending the Raktroll event's opt-out requirement because "default participation makes things easier for those who want to do the event".

(Ruin someone else's experience of the game for the sake of your own enjoyment, and if they don't like it, that's their problem, you're just having fun, right? )

What I want is a situation where you get your experience, and I get my experience, and we're both happy. The only way that's not possible is if what you want is literally to be able to inflict the event on players who haven't gone out of their way to avoid it.

Your experience is not being ruined. You're not being victimized. All you have to do is something very simple. If that's too hard on you, maybe you should play the Hello Kitty MMO instead.

I never tried it but one may assume they are great while doing dailies. Treek or HK-51, being overpowered as they are, are probably nigh-unstoppable with them.

Both of them (lvl 45) will be 140 more presence. I wouldn't say they're better than arkanian ones for your character, for example, but hey... some 55s in hm flashpoints don't even have relics, lol

Your experience is not being ruined. You're not being victimized. All you have to do is something very simple. If that's too hard on you, maybe you should play the Hello Kitty MMO instead.

Thank you for proving my point on this, as much as you're not going to grasp it.

Both of them (lvl 45) will be 140 more presence. I wouldn't say they're better than arkanian ones for your character, for example, but hey... some 55s in hm flashpoints don't even have relics, lol

Couple of days back, I saw this one dude -- a LV55 mind you -- with 15k or 16k HP.

I found that strage.

The reason for that, in addition to his crap gear, was that durability for every single item read like:

Durability: 0/120

Vote kick submitted.

They may be good up until 50 for leveling but after 50 you can get better relics for leveling from 50-55 and now with the new expansion you will have to level again. The point isn't they aren't good for what they are designed for but they not the best for leveling relics from level 50 and up.

They are designed for a specific function and that is the plague but stating they are the best relic for leveling might be a little too much especially after level 50.

Which other relics are cheap, easily attainable ? The ones from Alignment vedors ? Those require either light 5 or dark 5. That's a lot. How many toons have you gotten that high by lvl 50. Me ? Zero.

Are you really going through the hassle of finding a crafter and spend a crapton of creds to craft some level 50 relic ? Are you really going to grind 300 classic comms, at level 50, so you can have lvl 50 relics ?

Sure, there are "better" relics for lvl 50. But nowhere near as convenient as these. These relics are a one time thing, for the entire legcay. Any other relic will require extra work, extra creds, extra hassle every time for every character.

Edited by wainot-keel

Thank you for proving my point on this, as much as you're not going to grasp it.

The only one not grasping things here is you. Let me dissolve your argument right now -

The idea that we're bullies. Victims of bullies cannot defend themselves. You can - buy the vaccine.

The idea that we're trolls. I'm not, personally, but if you really didn't like trolls you wouldn't feed them as much as you have in this thread alone. Either that 'somehow' slipped your mind, or you're a troll yourself. Either way, not my problem.

The idea that you're a victim. Playing this game is a choice, as is almost everything in the game. Bioware thrives on the idea of the choice. You have the choice to do whatever you want, and since you continue playing the game through the event, you're choosing to deal with what happens during the event. When given the option to opt out of the consequences of your choice, you refuse, because apparently you don't have to deal with consequences.

Is there anything else that I'm missing? Oh yes, the idea that you hold the moral high ground. You don't. You're a paying customer, I'm a paying customer. We both have our opinions and we're both entitled to them - and neither of us make the decisions about what should and shouldn't be in the game. That's Bioware's call, and since it's their game, they can do whatever they want with it. That's their right as the owners and creators of SWTOR, and they hold the moral high ground above you and I.

TL, DR : You have no position to stand on.