The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Rakghoul Event is back.

Reno_Tarshil

Not that i don't like Events.. and i still neeed Achievements and Repuation for this one..

But i was hoping for the Nightlife Event... although the Rakghoul Event makes more sense.. Halloween stuff etc.

Hope the Nightlife Event will follow soon. :) Need this Skin for Elara Dorne! o__o

The Nightlife Event almost certainly won't be back until next summer (N. Hemisphere). Its in-universe lore is the Festival of Splendor, an annual celebration. Same as Life Day being an annual x-mas analogue.

BW will probably keep bringing it back each summer (hopefully with some expanded minigames in future iterations) to offset the drop-off all MMOs see during those months a bit.

Edited by DarthDymond

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nightlife Event almost certainly won't be back until next summer (N. Hemisphere). Its in-universe lore is the Festival of Splendor, an annual celebration. Same as Life Day being an annual x-mas analogue.

BW will probably keep bringing it back each summer (hopefully with some expanded minigames in future iterations) to offset the drop-off all MMOs see during those months a bit.

Oh.. i didn't know that. :(

Thanks.

I'm imagining not logging in and asking for a refund for that week of subscription.

What makes so many people hate this event is that it's the one event that you can't ignore no matter how disinterested you are, or how much you don't care for it. There are always trolls griefing in fleet trying to infect everyone they can -- and as is always the case with trolls and their ilk, they'll always insist that it's the people who object to their behavior who have the problem, not them. Classic "blame the victim" behavior.

It doesn't matter if the vaccines are 2000 credits, or 1 credit, or free -- why should anyone have to go out of their way to avoid content they're not interested in?

Would it be OK if every player who didn't want to participate in GSF had to purchase a "draft waiver" every 6 hours to avoid being "conscripted" into the fighter corps?

there is a mission to infect other players...working as intended. it is not trolling. the devs intentionally put commanders in pvp enabled areas..they knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they did it. it isnt a bug either. conquest effects anyone trying to gear up low level alts. try buying mats an any reasonable price...cant avoid that event either.

I'll be ok with this event as soon as we get a pvp week, in which everybody is flagged for pvp unless they buy a waiver that is good for six hours (does not persist on defeat).

I pretty much don't want to do any warzones while this event is going on. We have enough stuns / CC in pvp without adding the plague stun.

there is a mission to infect other players...working as intended. it is not trolling. the devs intentionally put commanders in pvp enabled areas..they knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they did it. it isnt a bug either. conquest effects anyone trying to gear up low level alts. try buying mats an any reasonable price...cant avoid that event either.

It's more like a mission to troll...

Perhaps remove the ability to infect other players in "sanctuary" and "rest" areas.

To me this is no different from suddenly dropping an open-world PvP event on all the servers...

Every time this event happens it seems everyone hates it. Does anyone actually enjoy it? Can you benefit at all from it, get anything out of it? What's the objective? Credit sink? I read up on the mission on dulfy I believe it was last time this event happened, is that it? I've been lucky to have avoided it still thus far, just noticed every time this event is announced it seems pretty much everyone hates it or tries to avoid it. LOL

I am doing it for the two plants that I can get for my stronghold. I am working on a garden so I like the plants. It doesn't bother me to much when people jumped around in front of me. I wait until they stop jumping around like a chicken and smile and say mmm did you notice I have the vaccine. It is priceless to see their reaction lol.

It's more like a mission to troll...

Perhaps remove the ability to infect other players in "sanctuary" and "rest" areas.

To me this is no different from suddenly dropping an open-world PvP event on all the servers...

Or just use a vaccine and move on with your life for 6 hours...

See previous -- would you be OK with "space week" requiring everyone to purchase a "draft waiver" every 6 hours or be randomly conscripted into GSF matches or PvE space missions?

Would you be OK with a "PvP week" that turned every server into open-world PvP free-for-all that allowed every level character to attack any other character of any level -- anywhere on any world or station or instance -- unless the target had purchased a "shield unit" within the last 6 hours?

See previous -- would you be OK with "space week" requiring everyone to purchase a "draft waiver" every 6 hours or be randomly conscripted into GSF matches or PvE space missions?

Would you be OK with a "PvP week" that turned every server into open-world PvP free-for-all that allowed every level character to attack any other character of any level -- anywhere on any world or station or instance -- unless the target had purchased a "shield unit" within the last 6 hours?

Yes I would be. Because they give you an option to opt out of it. Unless you're telling me 2000 credits is too much to ask for.

Yeah, except the vaccine does not persist on defeat (at least it hasn't in the past, crossing fingers that they changed that). So, in warzones (where you die a lot), you'd either have to keep popping vaccines, or deal with the negative effects of being stunned every 20 seconds.

Yeah, except the vaccine does not persist on defeat (at least it hasn't in the past, crossing fingers that they changed that). So, in warzones (where you die a lot), you'd either have to keep popping vaccines, or deal with the negative effects of being stunned every 20 seconds.

Or pop a vaccine and go do the quests real quick to get the relic and get a perma vaccine.

Sheesh so many excuses with easy solutions.

Yes I would be. Because they give you an option to opt out of it. Unless you're telling me 2000 credits is too much to ask for.

0 credits is too much to ask, because the cost is utterly irrelevant.

The problem is that this is the one event that forces players to opt out, as opposed to opting in.

Or pop a vaccine and go do the quests real quick to get the relic and get a perma vaccine.

Well you did start the thread :D You had to know it would pull them all in here. Relic is the way to go, easy solution and cheap (also a useful relic for levelling ;))

Except ditching a pvp relic in favor of a (I don't know what it's stats are or how bolster will handle it) sounds like a bad idea. So, options are: deal with (probably) nerfed stats in a warzone (use relic), spend lots of creds on vaccines, or deal with random stuns from the plague. Awesome.

EDIT: I'm talking about 55 pvp.

Edited by teclado

I'm fairly sure that it was proven with the last event that the timer stops in warzones and the effects of the plague don't function in warzones.

Edit: here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=756862

Edited by Nickious

I'm fairly sure that it was proven with the last event that the timer stops in warzones and the effects of the plague don't function in warzones.

I vividly remember from the last rakghoul plague the following: people coming into warzones with the plague and exploding when they die (infecting people all over the place). Maybe that has since changed (I really hope so).

I vividly remember from the last rakghoul plague the following: people coming into warzones with the plague and exploding when they die (infecting people all over the place). Maybe that has since changed (I really hope so).

You may still get infected when other people die (killed by other player) but supposedly the effects (coughing) aren't present until after you leave the warzone. Which is really the only debilitating effect.

Edited by Nickious

You may still get infected when other people die but supposedly the effects (coughing) aren't present until after you leave the warzone.

Admittedly, I can't remember how long it has been since I last experienced this (took a break from the game for a while), so it may have not been the most recent one, but I remember it being a problem - coughing aka stun. It's possible that it has changed since I last experienced it.

I'll be ok with this event as soon as we get a pvp week, in which everybody is flagged for pvp unless they buy a waiver that is good for six hours (does not persist on defeat).

I pretty much don't want to do any warzones while this event is going on. We have enough stuns / CC in pvp without adding the plague stun.

there are whole servers where everyone is perma flagged. if all the pvpers were to play there they could owpvp to their hearts content. the failure of wildstar shows that hardcore gamers cant support a mainstream game. having a pvp server that was thriving would be a huge message to the devs to support pvp.