FIX this ALREADY. Make "Match with in progress group" ops setting CHECKED by default!

Satelle

I don't even know how to start... it's so irritating. Many ppl wonder why is it so difficult to find even a single dps while progressing in middle of operation when somebody left or got disconnected. 99% of players do not even realize that this "match with in progress group" option setting in Group Finder tab is UNCHECKED by defaultI.

I wonder if anybody ever reported this "slight" issue. What was the reason behind UNchecking by default on the first place?

Making map unclickable so we can't move around was idiotic change. Removing 8m ops from GF COMPLETELY for the sake of 16m is yet another shoot in the feet. But to make it for us even more difficult and unpleasant you set "match in with progress group" unchecked.

From patch notes: "Check out the Group Finder to enjoy the faster queues" - ENJOY? FASTER QUEUES"? It has to be a joke of the millenium.

This is exact the opposite of "enjoyable". This is absurd.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Defaults in this game all seem backwards. Notice the default for role selection is having every possible role your character could fill turned on by default.

So a new player with a tank / heal capable class playing dps will have as default all roles checked while they won't have in-progress checked, so they will end-up in a fresh group with them set as tank / heal.

So yeah, the defaults make no sense. IMO the defaults should be no roles selected (so the player must actively check the roles they wish to fill) with 'in-progress' selected (so the player must actively remove that option).

Edited by DawnAskham

I would assume that most people want a full run, not get put into a partial run.

I'd assume you didn't read my post carefully. I said in case somebody left or got disconnected. This happens many times. Way too many. And you should know it's a bit idiotic that one or two players have to go back to fleet from ops zone to find replacements. Not to mention even if they do find them the "Travel Now" feature can get bugged so they have to get in to ops zone manually. In some cases everything gets bugged and group needs to be re-grouped and queued again.

I don't want to jump into a group which hgas done 1/2 of any OP - because THEN I'm missing the very first bosses ... leaves the whole weekly open, if I remember correctly ... And this results in me having to do the same OP TWICE ...

No, thanks.

If you don't want it then you are free to UNCHECK it yourself. But for somebody who comes back from work and want to play ops with pug via gf, he's usually waiting in queue for 2-3h wondering what the heck is going on, in 99% cases they do not even realize there's such feature, not to mentin its UNCHECKED so their chances of getting into progressing group is 0% so they are apparently wasting their time.

This is double flawed problem- for the people already progressing in ops zone trying to find replacements and for the guys waiting in queue on fleet trying to find group. -guys that could AID those in need of replacement if they knew to change the setting. Do you understand now?

Edited by Satelle

Nothing is broken, you just don't like it. It's already risky business queuing randomly vs forming a premade, screening, and then "queuing." I personally wouldn't want added risk of an in progress failure especially given boss fights generally increase in complexity/difficulty towards the end of the operation.

PvP is different, you get some credit for a completed loss in regs. I doubt they'd add loot drops after say 5 wipes in Ops to be equal to PvP.

Edited by bdatt

If you don't want it then you are free to UNCHECK it yourself. But for somebody who comes back from work and want to play ops with pug via gf, he's usually waiting in queue for 2-3h wondering what the heck is going on, in 99% cases they do not even realize there's such feature, not to mentin its UNCHECKED so their chances of getting into progressing group is 0% so they are apparently wasting their time.

This is double flawed problem- for the people already progressing in ops zone trying to find replacements and for the guys waiting in queue on fleet trying to find group. -guys that could AID those in need of replacement if they knew to change the setting. Do you understand now?

So this whole thread is based on the assumption that everyone wants to join an IP group, instead of maybe getting their weekly done on their first run? How do you know that everyone that hits the GF leaves that box unchecked accidentally? Seriously, I don't know that they do either, but I also didn't come here raging about it. I just read the thread, and commented based on what was presented here. As can be evidenced, some are more than willing to piggyback their way through, while others would rather one off their weeklies and be done with it.

Nothing is broken, you just don't like it. It's already risky business queuing randomly vs forming a premade, screening, and then "queuing." I personally wouldn't want added risk of an in progress failure especially given boss fights generally increase in complexity/difficulty towards the end of the operation.

PvP is different, you get some credit for a completed loss in regs. I doubt they'd add loot drops after say 5 wipes in Ops to be equal to PvP.

Yeah, you're right...those SM Ops are so much more difficult than PvP. In PvE, so many wacky things could happen that might prevent you from finishing that ever changing SM Op...:rolleyes:

There's no excuse for not beating a SM Op, other than just being bad. PvEers get comms and completed drops from every boss they kill. PvP is different...at no point will a completed piece of PvP armor just drop off a foe.

Seriously, I don't know that they do either, but I also didn't come here raging about it. I just read the thread, and commented based on what was presented here. As can be evidenced, some are more than willing to piggyback their way through, while others would rather one off their weeklies and be done with it.

But I do know. From my own experience. Every time as ops leader when I have to find replacement as ops leader I need to leave area and return to fleet to ask on general for ppl to join us. And once I find them, they all complain for being in gf queue but not joining. Then I I tell them to check "match with in progress group" miracles starting to happen. Guess what - they can join our group.

Now, we could all avoid this problem and save alot of time if that little innocent setting was checked. So I wound't have to go back to fleet, spam general, tell each one of them to check the setting, then return to ops zone.

And I'm not raging. .I'm merely reporting an issue that hasn't been discussed here yet.

But I do know. From my own experience. Every time as ops leader when I have to find replacement as ops leader I need to leave area and return to fleet to ask on general for ppl to join us. And once I find them, they all complain for being in gf queue but not joining. Then I I tell them to check "match with in progress group" miracles starting to happen. Guess what - they can join our group.

Now, we could all avoid this problem and save alot of time if that little innocent setting was checked. So I wound't have to go back to fleet, spam general, tell each one of them to check the setting, then return to ops zone.

And I'm not raging. .I'm merely reporting an issue that hasn't been discussed here yet.

Why? The check box is there, you can check it your self. Just because it is unchecked doesn't mean it doesn't work. By having it autochecked would probably cause more problems than your personal problem of people dropping out of your group.

Where's the risk? If you join a fail group you will notice it once you wipe on the very first boss you encounter with that group. Then you are free to leave without being locked.

Edited by Satelle

Why? The check box is there, you can check it your self. Just because it is unchecked doesn't mean it doesn't work. By having it autochecked would probably cause more problems than your personal problem of people dropping out of your group.

What a nonsense. Name one problem that could possibly be caused by this.

And it isn't just my "personal issue" many ppl complain about it.

Edited by Satelle

What a nonsense. Name one problem that could possibly be caused by this.

And it isn't just my "personal issue" many ppl complain about it.

Because it is a non-issue, there is a checkbox, Just because they don't know how to use the group finder doesn't mean it should be changed. And really, do you want someone in your group that doesn't know how to use the tool? Also, this is the first I've heard anyone complain about it being unchecked as opposed to being checked.

And one problem like was brought up earlier, some people want to do just one run of the weekly instead of multiples. So just leave it as is, there is no problem to solve here.

I'm of a mind that, if I were going to ever use GF, I would prefer it be unchecked. If I'm wanting to run an Op, the last thing in my head is "All I want is the last boss, and it doesn't matter to me if the group has been failing so much that they couldn't kill it and people rage quit" or "hey, maybe someone dc'd, and I can get an easy boss kill". Both are likely scenarios that someone could walk into. However, your very limited sample size isn't conclusive that "everyone" would prefer it be checked by default, as can be evidenced by replies in this very thread to the contrary.

If we where given the option to not get backfilled in PvP, then almost everyone would opt out, and there would never be backfills, thus leaving teams routinely shorthanded.

So? The match would end sooner and you'd be on to a new one.

Because it is a non-issue, there is a checkbox, Just because they don't know how to use the group finder doesn't mean it should be changed. And really, do you want someone in your group that doesn't know how to use the tool? Also, this is the first I've heard anyone complain about it being unchecked as opposed to being checked.

Agreed. This is not a common complaint...

And one problem like was brought up earlier, some people want to do just one run of the weekly instead of multiples. So just leave it as is, there is no problem to solve here.

If you never heard of that problem then you probably never played pug OPS or you weren't aware of that feature yourself. The reason you presume ppl "don't know" how to use it is mainly because you have to click on new tab next to ONE Operation checkbox itself so they can see "match with in progress group" option And obviously people don't realize there's an actual NEED to open new tab cuz there's apparentely nothing to check since it's only 1 operation to choose from.

Also what do you mean by "one run of the weekly instead of multiples"? And by the way - it doesn't have to be changed because ppl don't know how to use it but because it causes more problems than it solves.

If children don't know how to make themselves food, does it mean we don't have to feed them? I know its a silly example but proves my point nontheless.

I'm of a mind that, if I were going to ever use GF, I would prefer it be unchecked. If I'm wanting to run an Op, the last thing in my head is "All I want is the last boss, and it doesn't matter to me if the group has been failing so much that they couldn't kill it and people rage quit" or "hey, maybe someone dc'd, and I can get an easy boss kill". Both are likely scenarios that someone could walk into. However, your very limited sample size isn't conclusive that "everyone" would prefer it be checked by default, as can be evidenced by replies in this very thread to the contrary.

You have to be joking. All of ppl here only you and ikinai are opposed to it. The attidute of ppl joining in progress group seems to be your very personal issue on the other hand. You didn't provide any reasonable counter argument for why it's wrong, only pointed out few assumptions not based on facts. And I describe it as it is based only on facts. Otherwise I wouldn't be posting this at all if that was okay.

You're presuming what ppl would ppl think and wheter you'd want to have them in your group instead trying to resolve real issue that I mention in first post.

Edited by Satelle