The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why won't you let my vanguard dps in pve

beatdownllama

So I went through all the fun of leveling a vanguard dps because I'm not a fan of the cannons commandos use and everytime I try to join a flashpoint it's an hour wait and when it does pop I get insta kicked. It's not fair. Why do I have to tank. I have a guardian for that and something you just want to go in there and melt faces and not be a meat shield. Anyone else have this problem . Sry for the rant , just frustrated because I feel like I can't play the game.

So I went through all the fun of leveling a vanguard dps because I'm not a fan of the cannons commandos use and everytime I try to join a flashpoint it's an hour wait and when it does pop I get insta kicked. It's not fair. Why do I have to tank. I have a guardian for that and something you just want to go in there and melt faces and not be a meat shield. Anyone else have this problem . Sry for the rant , just frustrated because I feel like I can't play the game.

The kick was cause your group members were ***** if it was an instant kick (unless your gear sucks).

Best bet? Use 12x xp to powerlevel to 55. Then use makeb (and its bolster) to get basic comms, and use that gear afterwards

In end-game situations, people love Vanguards

Only thing I can think of is you were queued as tank and wasn't tanking, your DPS is so bad you were hitting enrage timer. your gear sucked so much you couldn't handle the fp. Vanguards DPS are awesome. Pyro's burst is awesome.. AP AoE's are awesome.

This sounds like a case of a dps trying to queue as a tank.

Even if it's accidental, I will usually vote to kick after carefully and politely explaining the situation if the person on the other end is not willing or able to switch roles.

If my *** has to endure the dps queue, so does yours. No cutsies.

Edited by thebvp

Just stick with it, once you pull off the tank four times in one fight they may learn. Or maybe they just don't want to feel bad about the dps on their slinger :)

Pulling too much from the tank is also a good way for accidents to happen.

This can happen on occasion if the tank or the dps makes a mistake and I normally don't mind when a dps takes the occasional aggro (not considering the cases where stuff difference is simply too big) but when I see a dps doing it on purpose or aggroing the wrong mob/being an ***, I go for the old saying :

"He who takes aggro ... keeps it!"

Back on topic though, I actually love dps powertechs and play one myself. Never had kicking issues, never saw a player being insta kicked either so I'd agree with the above posters, are you sure you are queuing as dps and not as tank?

Pulling too much from the tank is also a good way for accidents to happen.

This can happen on occasion if the tank or the dps makes a mistake and I normally don't mind when a dps takes the occasional aggro (not considering the cases where stuff difference is simply too big) but when I see a dps doing it on purpose or aggroing the wrong mob/being an ***, I go for the old saying :

"He who takes aggro ... keeps it!"

Sounds like my tanks on NiM Bestia :p

But seriously, taking aggro is a sign that the DPS you are pumping out is good, while the tanks aren't that good at generating threat. It is difficult, but possible, for a tank to hold threat in the opening burst of every class, and as such losing threat means you are doing something wrong and that can always be improved upon.

Similarly, if a DPS does pull threat, the tank can taunt it, taking threat back. The smart tank waits until the DPS peak has finished to taunt, and then the smart DPS does a threat drop immediately afterwards.

Never saved me on SM Tyrans though. Damn threat drop. I'm always facetanking him (Hence why I stopped doing SM Pugs :p)

Edited by TACeMossie

Sounds like my tanks on NiM Bestia :p

But seriously, taking aggro is a sign that the DPS you are pumping out is good, while the tanks aren't that good at generating threat. It is difficult, but possible, for a tank to hold threat in the opening burst of every class, and as such losing threat means you are doing something wrong and that can always be improved upon.

Similarly, if a DPS does pull threat, the tank can taunt it, taking threat back. The smart tank waits until the DPS peak has finished to taunt, and then the smart DPS does a threat drop immediately afterwards.

Never saved me on SM Tyrans though. Damn threat drop. I'm always facetanking him (Hence why I stopped doing SM Pugs :p)

or it means your dps is average, you jumped the gun and the tank is in dps stance/spec.