Dear BioWare: Females of the Species Do Exist

DomiSotto

How can you tell that the Trooper, BH, or Inquisitor aren't female exactly?

The Trooper's physique isn't indicative of a male.

The BH and Inquisitor aren't either.

I suppose you could say the Mara has a male type physique, but I can see where that's debatable.

The premise of this thread is quite absurd really(IMO of course).

Wait, you mean all of my characters don't look like girls....oh damn!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am talking about all 8 classes in the 'class levelling event' having an iconic protagonist image for every class shown as a male.

ALL of them.

Does it matter...I mean really? I'm female and I didn't care one way or the other. I think it's ridiculous to bring this up and make a post out of it.

The concept art that was shown didnt have any females so Im mad.

Is that this thread? Is that what this is? lol

Satele Shan

General Garza

In BH story your handler is female

In SI storyline your master and the main enemy = female

There is gear in this game my male toon is not allowed to wear. Is there any gear a female toon cant wear? NO.

Why cant my type 4 sith pureblood male wear a dress? Discrimination, call 911, Im suing for 1 billion money.

complain moar.

(dont touch my post its dripping with sarcasm and you might get some on you)

Edited by Smuglebunny

Minus the sammiches, we usually eat them before we get back. Then the menfolk get mad and say 'Fine we'll just go out for lunch.' and since we already had a sammich, we get a salad and pick at it and then the menfolk complain that we never eat.

OMG...that's how that trick is done!!! Tell me more!!! I feel like you're a magician, sharing her secrets, but this is better than that!

I am talking about all 8 classes in the 'class levelling event' having an iconic protagonist image for every class shown as a male.

ALL of them.

That's because those images are all concept art for gear sets, all the concept art for gear sets that are not female exclusive is done on a male figure likely due to how the gear models are created.

Edited by Zoom_VI

People, youre all missing the most important point.

The KNIGHT is holding a DOUBLE BLADED LIGHTSABER.

Maybe he's holding on to it for his girlfriend who is a sage? You know like how we make our boyfriends hold our purse at the store when trying on clothes?

Maybe he's holding on to it for his girlfriend who is a sage? You know like how we make our boyfriends hold our purse at the store when trying on clothes?

Why are you constantly spending all of our money at the Cartel Market. I hope all that stuff was on sale. And, is there a couch around here that I can sit on?

This "issue" is absolutely not present, and it deserves in no way to take up valuable space in this forum. Alright, I believed the "valuable space" for a moment there myself. *sarcasm off.*

There is no reason to be pissed at Bioware here. If anything, I think you should close your browser window now, turn around and stand up from your desk. This is in no way an issue worth to be discussed. Do we really need to start this "feminism" here?

I set feminism into brackets because there is a positive kind of feminism. The kind which is based on logic, true facts and seeks to improve the standing of woman around the world. This kind here is not worthy of getting the title feminism. If anything, it's a gamer girl nitpicking about details again. To complain because (s)he has nothing worth doing at the moment.

Now, move on. And remind me to open a thread complaining about the horrible treatment male gamers have to endure the next time they add a screenshot with only female characters...

Agent act 3: female keeper and female antagonist

Both Jedi: shateele is pretty much head of it all

Trooper: garza

Smuggler: the senator is both antagonist and protagonist

BH: honestly it's about the money so it's all pretty moot

Sith: There really isn't a "protagonist"

8 stories 5/8 have female protagonist and the other 3 there really isn't any protagonist

This "issue" is absolutely not present, and it deserves in no way to take up valuable space in this forum. Alright, I believed the "valuable space" for a moment there myself. *sarcasm off.*
LOL! I was about to say..."valuable?"

Dear Ma'am,

Please take into account gamer specific statistics not average world wide statistics when relating male/female to SWTOR. It's true, females almost make up 50% of gamers, but that vast majority of females are mostly console gamers. In SWTOR, you're very outnumbered by males.

I would have to agree with that. I play a lot of console games, especially with the sorority at campus. Most of them is either on the Wii or on the PS4. big game that we're playing right now is Destiny, or FIFA 15. or wii sports and SuperSmashBros.

But only reason I play a computer game(this game in specific), is because I was introduced to it by the bf; and about the skimpy outfits, I could really care less about them. What would be nice is more Dark Purple Dyes with more colors. say Purple and aqua blue. but doubt that'll happen.

Gotta say, I didn't even notice--to the point that it took me a long time to figure out what the OP was talking about. Bioware works very hard to be inclusive so I think it's a bit much to get too offended with them over armor presentation.

That being said, there's still room for improvement, but they deserve far more praise than censure. When the first KOTOR was made, the possibility of playing a female protagonist was virtually unheard of. Yes, her 'resting' pose, hip stuck out in a bone-breaking manner looked more llike a teenager having a hissy fit than a warrior, but she existed and was strong.

I could pick out things that annoy me a bit about female presentation in this game, but I don't think that can be fairly done without at the same time recognizing just how much effort bioware has put into inclusion of both female gamers and female characters. They are also entirely about modelling/animation, not writing, and both those are FAR better than in other mmos.

Edited by errant_knight