Eric, with respect, could we get an answer on this, please?

Darth_Wicked

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote ebado:

I get the feeling such is the case from the trailer but I'm not entirely sure. Not being critical mind you but only seeking clarification. ;)

It'd be a miracle then to even make it as long as Makeb, and with half the replayability... yay... :(

It would seem from the trailer that it is indeed the same storyline for both factions...

HOWEVER, there might be specific empire and republic missions since there is no way in hell that they'll cooperate fully without having ulterior motives and such...

Hopefully they're just chasing the same goal, but taking vastly different approaches (AKA missions). And with unique dialogues.

Edited by Callaron

I'd imagine it's similar to RotHC, with both factions working towards the same goal but with different methods.

I was hoping for class stories, personally. >_>

RotHC stories were vastly different. They happened within the same broad narrative context but the missions, dialogue etc were separate.

Always preferable to have a signature that seeks to undermine or mock another member of these forums.

It also shows one's character -- Or lack of in this case.

you're probably still upset you didn't get to make the unofficial shadow of revan discussion thread....someone stole all the fame :rolleyes:

HOWEVER, there might be specific empire and republic missions since there is no way in hell that they'll cooperate fully without having ulterior motives and such...

Hmm, same story on both sides?

They could atleast modify the dialogue a bit I hope

They seem to have already started this, comparing the Republic and Imperial versions of Forged Alliances, Part 3.

They seem to have already started this, comparing the Republic and Imperial versions of Forged Alliances, Part 3.

Just trying to get confirmation. Additionally, I think there's a different expectation based on free updates versus paid expansions, given the last paid expansion contained separate faction stories. We've generally accepted that free updates (like Oricon, CZ etc) are basically the same, and if that's the way paid expansions are going, I'd like to know.

This is my #1 question as well.

I personally prefer the old Skill Tree approach to talents over WoW's current style, which Disciplines seems to be co-opting, and I'm probably going to hold off on pre-ordering specifically because I don't want the x12 XP bonus on the character I'm leveling now or the one I plan on starting right after - but neither of those 'features' really bother me that much, they're just not my cup of tea.

However, if they've taken the main questing storyline and reduced it to a single quest-line that is shared by both factions (which is certainly a possibility in order to reduce development time and ensure the content they're producing is experienced by the maximum number of people), that will legitimately disappoint me.

Edited by DarthDymond