Post here if you pre-ordered!

collinc

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the difference in quality and performance on those if you don't mind me asking?

Shadowplay has minimal if any performance impact, as it's handled by a dedicated chip on the graphics card. It also outputs a video file that's already compressed, and therefore much much smaller than what Fraps will give you. I don't know the exact compression it uses.

I did notice that the video files I was getting from Shadowplay lacked a lot of the artifacting (especially on red text) that I would get after compressing my videos to the XVid codec. But I think the files were a little bit larger than I would get otherwise.

I'm being a bit vague because I've only had a card that supports Shadowplay for about two weeks now (GTX 980) and haven't had much of an excuse to record anything other than a couple tests. You can probably find much better comparisons or detailed information on Google than I can give you. In my opinion though, if/when they update it to allow push-to-talk recording to be bound to mouse buttons then it would surpass Fraps in pretty much every way.

Did it here for myself and my son. My son has loved the game unconditionally. Myself? I will say I love chaos and never miss the chance for a good train wreck nor something fresh, and also want to play it as is while I can and I will be re-installing tonight.

Done. For me, no reason to wait.

Although it bugs me that it didn't appear in my account's "My Games" section (not worried, I get the Purchase Conformation mail, just bugs me).

Same here, but as long as you get a confirmation email...it is ALL good.

On a side note:

* Anyone notice the REVAN statue? The statue is huge. Taking a centerpiece hook...who needs 10 ? Are there enough centerpiece hooks to place them. Wonder if they can also be donated to the guild for a stronghold or capital ship placement ? I guess we can find out in December...

... you can claim your “Grand Statue of Revan” centerpiece decoration by visiting Jaygon Rannis, the Herald of Revan, who is located next to the Security Key Vendors on the Republic and Imperial Fleets. Using the vendor requires you to have a valid pre-order for the Shadow of Revan expansion. You may unlock up to ten Grand Statues of Revan for your Legacy.

* The new revanite gear... looking at the hat in the picture I thought the armor designers were trying to give us a "Paul Revere" look. ( Aye..the colonists of the 13 original colonies shall make their presence known in this galaxy ?... .LOL !)

Believe it or not, the 12x XP boost is what's keeping me from pre-ordering.

When I level an alt, I like to take my time with it. It horrifies me that my main time-waster in this game will result in me having another 4 alts at 55 to gear up before SOR launches.

Not wasting the money on this Expansion. No new PVP content, no holo-trainer. There is nothing they are offering worth preordering. I might buy the expansion after it is out for a bit or wait till it is free like they did for the Hutt Expansion. Basically, no reason to waste money when they are not giving me anything I want.