Please introduce dual spec ASAP

Ultrazen

Because tedium for the sake of tedium is good video game design right? :rolleyes:

Please explain to me exactly the reason it's there again, and how having to remanage my bars after every respec is a necessary and fun mechanic?

Why do we have to go through the tedious leveling process?

Why are we prohibited from using macros and third-party add-ons? Some folks find thing tedious and would rather automate them.

Why are there level based instances? Why can't I just enjoy anyone when I want to? Why do I have to, again, do the tedious grind to gain levels?

:rolleyes:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah well OR we can just make dps find grups quicker and make tanks and heals solo quicker instead of everyone suffering.:eek:

Sad thing is, Blizzard was headed along this route when Wrath first launched. It was the first time I found solo leveling as a prot warrior anything but painful. Then they started using dual spec as a justification for bringing tanks and healers back to "normal" (since they could always spec DPS for leveling).

I already gave the only reason...choice. You CHOSE to heal or not to heal. If you want to change your mind, you can CHOOSE to go find a trainer and shell out some cash.

60k+ to change out a few points i later realized i dont need is a bit much at lvl 40.

If no dual-spec, a standard flat rate for respeccing would be nice. Or just make it so it only costs at lvl cap to make flip-flopping less of an issue.

I already gave the only reason...choice. You CHOSE to heal or not to heal. If you want to change your mind, you can CHOOSE to go find a trainer and shell out some cash.

We already took a choice on advanced class. There, choice done.

We have respec possibility at the moment, its just fairly cumbersome. It taks travel time to skill mentors and then back to where you do your instance etc so its quite the waste of time. I dont want to waste time that could be spent doing the fun parts (and running back and forth to skill mentors and shell out more and more dough dont seem fun to me, and it mostly affects tanks that spec for dps in their solo time, and healers that sensibly spec dps in their solo time).

If you enjoy hardship in a leisure game, sure , go for it. I would recommend Everquest 1. :)

Why not? Why arbitrarily say switching roles is fine, but changing your role within your class is not?

Thats not the topic of this thread until you swung by, make a new thread and best of luck.

Its pretty much stated early on that its a permanent choice you gotta live with.

Roleswitching makes setting up balanced groups easier/faster. Thats fine.

Switching advanced class sorta take the consequence of choice out of the "pick an advanced class" deal. Not fine in my book as being able to dualspec allows flexibility to the firm choice you made at level 10.

Why do we have to go through the tedious leveling process?

Why are we prohibited from using macros and third-party add-ons? Some folks find thing tedious and would rather automate them.

Why are there level based instances? Why can't I just enjoy anyone when I want to? Why do I have to, again, do the tedious grind to gain levels?

:rolleyes:

There's a difference between a core mechanic featured in any RPG ("leveling up", getting stronger, etc) and one that serves no purpose other than irksomeness.

dude the server communities where effed in the b long before the LFG system. what have you played, only last 6 month or what? what are you , in a 3man guild?

I started playing in vanilla, played off and on up until about 4 months ago, and have been in a variety of guilds, ranging from small, 20 man affairs to ones that are 300+.

what i do read between the lines is that you have no clue and you either have been extremely unlucky with your server/guild choice or you just suck at socializing.

Then you really need to read better.

no they didn't.

Really? That's very strange. Perhaps, then, you could tell me what chat channel number I need to type in WoW to chat in the freely available, server-wide LFG chat channel I used in vanilla, for example. I ask, because last time I played, I couldn't find it.

don't blame blizzard if you failed to have friends on your server/guild. my guild has around 60 players, very active and even if they can't come to an instance i can get a group with other people from the server.

or, just use the LFG tool. i have fun playing with randoms, chatting about where they are from and stuff. if you can't do this, blame yourself, not blizzard

I tried to do this. I gave up, because about 99% of the time, they weren't interested in chatting, because I was just a random stranger to them they wouldn't ever see again, probably.

ever heard of MSN? GTALK? IRC? TWITTER? ... SOCIAL NETWORKS?

So, basically, what you've said so far is that, in order to get a group without using the cross-server LFG tool that you claimed was optional, you have to go to your guild, see if any of your friends are on, or use things that are nothing at all to do with WoW whatsoever. But, no, WoW's LFG Tool has not adversely affected the server communities at all, no sirree.

oh and BTW, did you know that like for AGES already, you can add friends through battlenet and whisper them even when on a different server? no, you obviously didn't know, otherwise you wouldn't be talking all this nonsense CRAP you've been spitting out.

Actually, I did know that. That fails to invalidate the fact that it took you and them moving to an entirely different game before you are actually playing together on a regular basis. And, in case you didn't notice, SWTOR isn't on Battle.net.

i actually respec 3 times total and now it costs over 50k?

Exactly. Im kind of realizing points I put into one tree are more or less useless to me the more Im leveling, and it costs me 60k to respec. Thats about as much as I made clearing Hoth, give or take. Its a bit absurd. 50k at lvl 50 I could understand, at a flat rate. Whys it increasing? How am I suppose to test out what build I want if I get gouged while leveling?

seriously 100+ pages debate over dual spec, a basic essential feature that they failed to include just like confirmation box on buying items and a dungeon finder

It's not an essential or basic feature.

Not really selfish. A lot of us just don't want it in for their own reason - one being that it takes away from some of the rare diversity we see (What's the point of choosing at level 10 if we can just switch? That's one of the 'Dual-Specs' people want to see), or that it also affects the development time the developers put in.

There are far more important things than LFG/Dungoun Finder/Dual Spec that this game needs.

For crying out loud. Dual spec by definition is NOT changing your advanced class. That would be dual advanced class. Even Bioware has defined, by their usage over the last year, a "spec" as the skill points you put into a tree.

Furthermore Bioware has already stated, six freakin months ago, that they were going to add it.

im 100% for dual specs, or at least a flat rate for respecing or a decaying cost (not sure if this is the case but i heard it wasnt)

now switching AC isnt a good thing, but switching your points in your chosen class doesnt really hurt gameplay but will make it easier to find groups / accomplish the things you want to

seriously 100+ pages debate over dual spec, a basic essential feature that they failed to include just like confirmation box on buying items and a dungeon finder

I thought spec costs were:

1st time: free

2nd: 1800

3rd: 8300

4th: 25000

5th: 50000

Thats not the topic of this thread until you swung by, make a new thread and best of luck.

Its pretty much stated early on that its a permanent choice you gotta live with.

Roleswitching makes setting up balanced groups easier/faster. Thats fine.

Switching advanced class sorta take the consequence of choice out of the "pick an advanced class" deal.

So why's it fine to have a major consequence to that choice (being unable to change your mind without rerolling completely), but it's not fine to have a much more minor consequence to your choice of spec (having to spend a bit of time and money to change your mind)?

It's not an essential or basic feature.

i don't see a problem here.

if you want to respec your tree you already can, there are several skillmentors in this game.

if you want to do it on the fly and whenever you want then this might not be the right game for you.

Here's a quote from Greg Zeschuk:

"It [World of Warcraft] is a touchstone. It has established standards, it's established how you play an MMO. Every MMO that comes out, I play and look at it. And if they break any of the WoW rules, in my book that's pretty dumb," Zeschuk said.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/02/10/bioware-wow-is-the-touchstone-for-the-old-republic/

Edited by HoneyBoy

"It [World of Warcraft] is a touchstone. It has established standards, it's established how you play an MMO. Every MMO that comes out, I play and look at it. And if they break any of the WoW rules, in my book that's pretty dumb," Zeschuk said.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/02/10/bioware-wow-is-the-touchstone-for-the-old-republic/

ok what has this to do with the fact that you can respec your char already without a problem?

Edited by Sheneria

You'd only copy WoW 100% if you thought it was 100% perfect. And if it was the case, WoW being 100% pefect, why bother playing another game?

Unless you are going to argue that dual spec was/is a "touchstone" of WoW.

ok what has this to do with the fact that you can respec your char already without a problem?

There is a problem, one of unnecessary tedium in both time and cost (for some people). If we can already respec why not get rid of the tedium by implementing a system like WoW offers?

There is a problem, one of unnecessary tedium in both time and cost (for some people). If we can already respec why not get rid of the tedium by implementing a system like WoW offers?

well atm the game is really easy and if you could switch to any of the 3 premade spec. on the fly it becomes a no brainer.

as i said you are already able to do it why make it even easier?

well atm the game is really easy and if you could switch to any of the 3 premade spec. on the fly it becomes a no brainer.

as i said you are already able to do it why make it even easier?

You should rephrase the question to:

If you we are already able to do it, why not remove the irksomeness associated with it at the moment?

Oh lawdy lawdy lawdy. Heaven forbid I have to make a decision that impacts the way I play and my time while I'm on the game. Such a shaaaaaaame. SHAAAAAME.

Once people have had it easy, they ALWAYS want it easy.

Sometimes I wish WoW never existed. Yeah, the genre would have had much less exposure... But it'd have much less crap to deal with and less entitled customers to pander to.

Edited by Vaegaknight